The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Andy's AdWords Course - Get found by the people already looking for you

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
For anyone who's on the fence... I highly suggest joining Andy's forum. It's amazing how fast he got it up. And he shares a lot of good info.

Also, his methods work. Here's the proof from a test that I ran in my account. It's a small sample size from one campaign. But it's starting to work well across the whole account.

The Test Column is using most of the stuff that I learned from him.

Screenshot 2018-02-15 at 7.08.16 PM.png

Using a slightly modified version of his methods, I reduced the monthly cost from $3,752 to $595 while increasing the quality of my leads. CPA for Valid leads (provisioned lead) dropped about 4X and ROAS went up 6Xish.

And the test campaign had some issues too. It's only getting better.

If you want to learn adwords, I'd start here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
For anyone who's on the fence... I highly suggest joining Andy's forum. It's amazing how fast he got it up. And he shares a lot of good info.

Also, his methods work. Here's the proof from a test that I ran in my account. It's a small sample size from one campaign. But it's starting to work well across the whole account.

The Test Column is using most of the stuff that I learned from him.

View attachment 17863

Using a slightly modified version of his methods, I reduced the monthly cost from $3,752 to $595 while increasing the quality of my leads. CPA for Valid leads (provisioned lead) dropped about 4X and ROAS went up 6Xish.

And the test campaign had some issues too. It's only getting better.

If you want to learn adwords, I'd start here.
Hey, thanks for the write-up and recommendation @johnp. I’ll have to find out what your slight modification is.

Interesting that you think the forum was created fast. It feels like it’s taking forever, with so many fiddly little bits getting fixed.

The main things to do before I open the doors are to:
  1. Setup the shopping cart.
  2. Finish copying the course into the forum.
  3. Setup ActiveCampaign so new members automatically get added to the mailing list - so I can announce outages and changes and send a weekly update.

I will likely leave the course up on Thinkific for those that purchased it there, and just stop people from being able to purchase it. There seems to be a lot of people who bought it who don’t want to be in the forum, which is fine.

I’ve been focused on providing value in the forum rather than finishing off all these tasks. I think that’s the right way to do things.

Won’t be long and course will be closed for new buyers, and I create a marketplace ad for the forum.

Thanks for being active, and your feedback. Both are much appreciated.

hungryhippocampi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Dec 27, 2017
North Carolina
Hey Andy, I haven't been around the forum long but it's been long enough to know that you provide a ton of value wherever you leave a foot print. AdWords is one of the critical skills I need to master. Please send me the INSIDERS's discount code if still available. I'm looking forward to being under your tutelage. HH

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey Andy, I haven't been around the forum long but it's been long enough to know that you provide a ton of value wherever you leave a foot print. AdWords is one of the critical skills I need to master. Please send me the INSIDERS's discount code if still available. I'm looking forward to being under your tutelage. HH
PM sent. Will let you know the URL for the wee forum once you’ve bought. Looking forward to helping you. Andy

Love the avatar btw. Haha.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Ok, so first a disclaimer. I got this course for free. As mentioned in my previous post, I was I beta-tester of sorts, viewing the entire course.

It was clear to me that this is a great course if you want to go up and running, with not much theory and no fluff. So I gave a comment along those lines here in the thread.

But...

As it often happens with something we get for free - it gets shelved for use "later" (usually never) along with a bunch of other freebies, bookmarks and so on.

Until a few days ago, a team that I'm part of needed some ads done. And it just so happened that no one was available who could do it...well except me. I'm a web dev, but offered to do it, and figured Andy's course will suffice.

So I'm going through the videos, and following the process, all for an actual paying client.

I wasn't really sure if I even setup everything right.

A day or two later - one of my ads turns out to among the best performing ones. In number of conversions. In cost per conversion. I knew when I picked keywords that it makes so much sense, but still - couldn't actually imagine it working.

It may sound funny to anyone who already found success with paid advertising, but for me - this was an amazing feeling!

I finally, for the first time ever, did something which brings conversions (and bottom line - money) without getting paid by the hour. And while sleeping.

I wanted to share this for those who maybe like me have the course, but for some reason haven't got to actually following it through yet.

Knowing it can work is one thing. Experiencing it, as direct result of your own effort - is completely another.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Hey Andy,

Can you please PM me the discount code? I've been putting off doing this but the summit made me realize, I can't wait any longer... Thanks in advance!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ok, so first a disclaimer. I got this course for free. As mentioned in my previous post, I was I beta-tester of sorts, viewing the entire course.

It was clear to me that this is a great course if you want to go up and running, with not much theory and no fluff. So I gave a comment along those lines here in the thread.

But...

As it often happens with something we get for free - it gets shelved for use "later" (usually never) along with a bunch of other freebies, bookmarks and so on.

Until a few days ago, a team that I'm part of needed some ads done. And it just so happened that no one was available who could do it...well except me. I'm a web dev, but offered to do it, and figured Andy's course will suffice.

So I'm going through the videos, and following the process, all for an actual paying client.

I wasn't really sure if I even setup everything right.

A day or two later - one of my ads turns out to among the best performing ones. In number of conversions. In cost per conversion. I knew when I picked keywords that it makes so much sense, but still - couldn't actually imagine it working.

It may sound funny to anyone who already found success with paid advertising, but for me - this was an amazing feeling!

I finally, for the first time ever, did something which brings conversions (and bottom line - money) without getting paid by the hour. And while sleeping.

I wanted to share this for those who maybe like me have the course, but for some reason haven't got to actually following it through yet.

Knowing it can work is one thing. Experiencing it, as direct result of your own effort - is completely another.
I love it. “Wisdom is earned” (not gleaned from a book or course).

What were your main takeaways from running the ads?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey Andy,

Can you please PM me the discount code? I've been putting off doing this but the summit made me realize, I can't wait any longer... Thanks in advance!
PM sent.

Thanks for considering the course!

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
What were your main takeaways from running the ads?

1. Just go. You'll learn way more than contemplating and planning too much. Know enough to get started of course. Prepare sufficiently. But then go.

2. Working on an actual project is better than working through a hypotetical example. When you know it's just "playing" it's not as inspiring and it's easier to give up, or gloss over things with "Yeah, yeah, I get that". With a real project you actually have to get it.

3. Sometimes what's scary and intimidating becomes really joyful once you try it. For me, the ads, and all the bunch of parameters that are there were too overwhelming. I thought I have to know it all to know anything. After my first ad setup, I was like "whaat? Is that it?" - and rushing to add a second one.

4. Learning a new skill can help you grow overall. Now not only I'm able to setup ads, but I feel I'd be more at ease with learning any other form of paid advertising, now that I got my feet wet finally.

5. Having a good mentor or using a good course can speed up your learning a lot.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
1. Just go. You'll learn way more than contemplating and planning too much. Know enough to get started of course. Prepare sufficiently. But then go.

2. Working on an actual project is better than working through a hypotetical example. When you know it's just "playing" it's not as inspiring and it's easier to give up, or gloss over things with "Yeah, yeah, I get that". With a real project you actually have to get it.

3. Sometimes what's scary and intimidating becomes really joyful once you try it. For me, the ads, and all the bunch of parameters that are there were too overwhelming. I thought I have to know it all to know anything. After my first ad setup, I was like "whaat? Is that it?" - and rushing to add a second one.

4. Learning a new skill can help you grow overall. Now not only I'm able to setup ads, but I feel I'd be more at ease with learning any other form of paid advertising, now that I got my feet wet finally.

5. Having a good mentor or using a good course can speed up your learning a lot.
This is music to my ears. Thanks for your feedback @FastNAwesome.

This means I achieved my goals.

I wanted to create a course that got people started - because the learnings come after people start, not during the course.

I wanted to turn people into producers, not consumers.

Robert_R

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Jun 8, 2017
New Mexico
Are there any discount code still available?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

That's really it. It gives a good framework to get started but it's not useful unless you go out and use it.

So, armed with Adwords knowledge... how SHOULD you go about using it?

Well, there's a few ways. If you already have a product/service to sell, that's where you should start.

But what if you don't?

Get a client. Talk to people, tell people you recently learned Adwords and you think it will be a good fit for their business. Offer to do their Adwords campaigns for them. Don't position yourself as an expert, and don't charge top dollar (yet). In fact, you may want to do it for a friend or family member to get yourself in the door.

Some objections you'll get:

• CPC is too high. Response: How much would a new customer make you? Look at it like that, and CPC doesn't seem so high. It's very possible to be profitable spending $10/click.
  • I've tried it, it didn't work. Response: It works for x, y, z competitor. Why didn't it work for you? (they answer with some stuff) I'd like to see what you tried. Send me over a report of what you've done and I'll take a look at it.
  • What if it doesn't work and I just waste that money? Response: It's not a waste. It will teach you something about your customer base and your business. At the very least, you gain invaluable insights about your business that will propel you forward. At the most, you've opened up a new lead source.
  • Not enough search volume. Response: Yea you're right, bye. (This is actually something you want to find out yourself and something you should find out before you talk to them. If they're wrong, then you need to tell them so.)
Whatever route you go, just do it for real. Don't F*ck around and do it 'just cuz', even though that might seem fun. F*cking around and doing it 'just cuz' is setting yourself up for failure and a limited lesson. Doing it for an actual business and working around actual business processes will teach you something.

G

Guest92dX

Here's a question that you might not know how to answer. I really hope you do though.

@Andy Black

Reposted from the PM.

Before I get to that:

The free trial of the AdWords course helped me achieve a 40% CTR on page. I had 2% conversions on page. People even still visited my site even without clicking on the link.

The question:

If I wanted to make a landing page and/or website that helped me find/buy business problems, how would I go about building an AdWords campaign to find the ideas/problems?

Basically, I want to pull a business problem out of 25 people who have the same problem. Then, I want them to purchase to have the solution built.

If you were to start a campaign like this how would you do it? Second question, would you actually do it? Do you think this campaign could be successful?

Fwiw, you can do click-to-call. You can do landing page. You can set it up anyway possible.

How would you create the campaign? What would you frame it as?

I don't need hand holding. I just need a general framework.

I just hate cold calls and cold emails. This is why I'm asking. I already saw how hard it is to get people buying even when they're asking for it.

My only positive feedback loop has been with AdWords. Perry Marshall suggests sticking with positive feedback loops.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Here's a question that you might not know how to answer. I really hope you do though.

@Andy Black

Reposted from the PM.

Before I get to that:

The free trial of the AdWords course helped me achieve a 40% CTR on page. I had 2% conversions on page. People even still visited my site even without clicking on the link.

The question:

If I wanted to make a landing page and/or website that helped me find/buy business problems, how would I go about building an AdWords campaign to find the ideas/problems?

Basically, I want to pull a business problem out of 25 people who have the same problem. Then, I want them to purchase to have the solution built.

If you were to start a campaign like this how would you do it? Second question, would you actually do it? Do you think this campaign could be successful?

Fwiw, you can do click-to-call. You can do landing page. You can set it up anyway possible.

I just hate cold calls and cold emails. This is why I'm asking. I already saw how hard it is to get people buying even when they're asking for it.

My only positive feedback loop has been with AdWords. Perry Marshall suggests sticking with positive feedback loops.

I don't think you can do that with Adwords how you described it.

In order for that to work, people would have to google their problems, click on your ad and then tell you about it.

1. People are just not going to do that
2. In order to put yourself in front of those people, you need to know their problem, which you don't(puts you in an infinite loop)
3. No one is going to pay you to build a solution, too much risk. If you don't already have it, you need to pre-sell it. And in order to do that, you would need to know the problem and then raise the capital by pre-selling it.

Here is another way to look at this: people won't directly tell you their problems unless asked. They will look for solutions(in your example on google).

Do some research and find what people are searching for and not finding a solution. Then you can build the solution.

Of course, if you are going to do that, you will have to talk to people that have that problem to find details about it. It would be foolish to build something for an industry you are not familiar with without first consulting with people that would use your solution.

Just my 2cents, maybe @andy can give you a better answer.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

@Andy Black

Reposted from the PM.

Before I get to that:

The question:

When I got started in AdWords back in 2009, I purchased a $2k course from a guy called Glenn Livingston. (I believe Ryan Levesque was Glenn’s top student and developed The Ask Method from this very same course.)

In it Glenn used AdWords to map out the search continuum (what people search for when they learn about a topic and educate themselves into becoming a buyer).

He’d send people looking for “guinea pigs” to a survey where he’d ask open ended questions to find out why they were doing that search, and what the ideal solution would be for them.

Then he’d do the same for people searching for “guinea pig food”.

Etc.

The trick was to find the “hyper-responsives” - the people who were so frustrated by the lack of information or solutions out there that they filled in a lot of information in the open ended questions.

I tried this back in 2009 when I was considering creating a course on UNIX shell scripting. It showed me pretty quickly that most people who wanted to learn about shell scripting were students, and weren’t frustrated or motivated enough to write much anyway. It was enough for me to give the project a swift bullet.

To do this you need to be careful of Google’s information harvesting policies.

You also need to get in front of people doing very specific searches - so you need to do your keyword research beforehand anyway.

Personally I’d start by speaking to business owners I already know (friends, family, people on local business courses, etc).

I’d also check out forums and Facebook groups and observe what their common complaints are, and what the most frustrated people write the most about (big long complaints usually indicate bigger frustrations - or whingers, haha).

Anyway, all of the above are just different ways HOW to find out what business people need help with, and why.

I presume you want to learn this so you can find out what problems to solve and get paid to do so?

I like the line that “Your market is a demonstrated cashflow.”

Maybe just find out what business owners are already spending their money on, and why?

G

Guest92dX

Never ceases to impress. Thanks man. There are a million ways to skin a cat. I knew it had to be possible.

I will pick up the Ask book.

I don't know any business owners anymore I think so I might just go ahead and pound pavement. Or, cold email and cold call.

When I have deeper pockets I will do this method.

You should write a whole post on this Andy!

Thanks again.

momomaurice

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
When I got started in AdWords back in 2009, I purchased a $2k course from a guy called Glenn Livingston. (I believe Ryan Levesque was Glenn’s top student and developed The Ask Method from this very same course.)

In it Glenn used AdWords to map out the search continuum (what people search for when they learn about a topic and educate themselves into becoming a buyer).

He’d send people looking for “guinea pigs” to a survey where he’d ask open ended questions to find out why they were doing that search, and what the ideal solution would be for them.

Then he’d do the same for people searching for “guinea pig food”.

Etc.

The trick was to find the “hyper-responsives” - the people who were so frustrated by the lack of information or solutions out there that they filled in a lot of information in the open ended questions.

I tried this back in 2009 when I was considering creating a course on UNIX shell scripting. It showed me pretty quickly that most people who wanted to learn about shell scripting were students, and weren’t frustrated or motivated enough to write much anyway. It was enough for me to give the project a swift bullet.

To do this you need to be careful of Google’s information harvesting policies.

You also need to get in front of people doing very specific searches - so you need to do your keyword research beforehand anyway.

Personally I’d start by speaking to business owners I already know (friends, family, people on local business courses, etc).

I’d also check out forums and Facebook groups and observe what their common complaints are, and what the most frustrated people write the most about (big long complaints usually indicate bigger frustrations - or whingers, haha).

Anyway, all of the above are just different ways HOW to find out what business people need help with, and why.

I presume you want to learn this so you can find out what problems to solve and get paid to do so?

I like the line that “Your market is a demonstrated cashflow.”

Maybe just find out what business owners are already spending their money on, and why?

Hi Andy I am looking to learn about adwords for my power washing business. I have one question though before I buy the course. A guy from America on a Facebook group took my business details and said adwords would be too hard to use where I am as the population is too low (I am in Limerick) and he said I am better off with Facebook ads, would this be a true statement or is he talking through his arse. This guy claims he is an adwords expert and people recommended him on the group.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi Andy I am looking to learn about adwords for my power washing business. I have one question though before I buy the course. A guy from America on a Facebook group took my business details and said adwords would be too hard to use where I am as the population is too low (I am in Limerick) and he said I am better off with Facebook ads, would this be a true statement or is he talking through his arse. This guy claims he is an adwords expert and people recommended him on the group.
It could well be that there’s not enough searches for a daily stream of visitors and enquiries. All the more reason to ensure you’re found on Google when someone *does* search.

Also, what if your Facebook ads plant the seed in their mind and they head to Google a day or so later?

What if your social media and offline campaigns resulted in more searches on Google?

Would you want to be on the end of those searches or drive visitors to your competitor sites instead?

This thread might help:

My advice would be to load up paid search ads first, then add other marketing channels to the mix.

If someone is already searching for your service with credit card or phone in hand, then you’re missing them by not being on Google, and you’re also missing out on any Repeat Business or Referals that might result in.

I think it’s criminal to not be found when someone is actively searching for you.

I also think it’s poor to advise you not to do something instead of advise you to test it.

HTH!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just went to purchase with the INSIDERS code and it didn't work? Is there a new code available?
Hi @ToddD ... as per our PM conversation, I've changed it so INSIDERS pay $299/year for access to my PPC community, plus lifetime access to the course.

I'll create a new marketplace ad shortly about the PPC community.

ToddD

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 21, 2015
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Hi @ToddD ... as per our PM conversation, I've changed it so INSIDERS pay $299/year for access to my PPC community, plus lifetime access to the course.

I'll create a new marketplace ad shortly about the PPC community.
You're the best Andy! I got it all working just fine now. I went ahead thru the Adwords pdf on there and have started my first campaign with very little issue.

My biggest "trouble" was when I didn't know the best keyword to use and the one I chose didn't even rank in my area. So then I had to go to the Keyword Planner and find a better keyword. Once I did that, I wasn't 100% sure how to modify the ad group (or whatever part I was supposed to access). But with Google's help, I got it all working just fine.

And pretty sure that the section I'm about to watch is about to cover Keyword research in depth! Thanks again!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You're the best Andy! I got it all working just fine now. I went ahead thru the Adwords pdf on there and have started my first campaign with very little issue.

My biggest "trouble" was when I didn't know the best keyword to use and the one I chose didn't even rank in my area. So then I had to go to the Keyword Planner and find a better keyword. Once I did that, I wasn't 100% sure how to modify the ad group (or whatever part I was supposed to access). But with Google's help, I got it all working just fine.

And pretty sure that the section I'm about to watch is about to cover Keyword research in depth! Thanks again!
Yeah, the PDF is good to print out and have alongside while you go through the videos.

Often I won’t go in and completely change something. I’ll often just pause the original campaign or ad group and create a new one. This gives me a fallback/rollback position (there’s a thread in my wee forum about that).

ToddD

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 21, 2015
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Creating New AdWords accounts is easy with an MCC:

It's very simple to create a new AdWords account under your MCC account.
(Note that you can have nested MCC accounts if you want to grant access to specific MCCs to different people.)
Andy - What if the other business already has an AdWords account? I know that I click "Link Existing" and get their Customer ID number but would they be skiddish to grant me permission since I can access their billing info?

I suppose it would be the same if I created one from scratch and then they add their billing access to that one? Or as manager, can I not view that one area of their info?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A few people PMing me asking if the course is still open and if the INSIDERS discount code still works.

Yes, the course is still open, although I’ve changed it so folks join The JumpstartPPC Community for $399/year and get complimentary free lifetime access to The AdWords Jumpstart course.

TFLF INSIDERS get a $100 discount on the annual membership fee (making it an annual fee of $299 instead of $399).

The INSIDERS coupon code for the course hosted on Thinkific doesn’t work anymore. I’d amend the opening post of this marketplace ad but I keep getting some error.

I’ll get round to creating a marketplace ad for the community at some point. In the meantime if anyone wants to join they can PM me and I’ll send a link to the new shopping cart.

Any queries just ask in here or PM me.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Andy - What if the other business already has an AdWords account? I know that I click "Link Existing" and get their Customer ID number but would they be skiddish to grant me permission since I can access their billing info?

I suppose it would be the same if I created one from scratch and then they add their billing access to that one? Or as manager, can I not view that one area of their info?
Oops. Only just spotted this.

As a manager you can see their billing address but not their credit card info. I often get access to a client’s (or prospective client’s) account so we can discuss what’s been happening and determine whether I can indeed help.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
QUICK NOTE:

The videos in the course are for the old interface that Google is depreciating soon.

I'll be redoing the videos using the new interface soon, but not for a couple of weeks at least.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Someone just asked me the following:

"I will be getting your course soon but before I delve into adwords I was wondering if you had a specific thread on how to use google keyword planner to research demand and competition for local service businesses (ex. window cleaning or power washing) in my area. I want to know if the people in my city / area search for more window cleaning than say carpet cleaning. I tried searching "window cleaning city" and it showed 10-100 monthly searches and "carpet cleaning city" showed 100-1000. Also much more maid service searches. Does this mean that window cleaning is not in demand in this local market? Sorry to bother you mate but if this is in a thread or your course please do let me know."

There are videos in the free trial of the course on how I use the Keyword Planner.

The short answer is that the Keyword Planner gives estimates. What I do is load campaigns and find out.

Some additional reading:

And an Inside thread:

rybanez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Jul 24, 2018
This course is pure gold. I dove into it a few months back and applied it to a side project I started. It didn't take long to get some new customer sign-ups from applying what I learned. Thanks Andy for putting this together!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.