The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ahh... the age old question, Perhaps it can help you

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
I see myself as a youth-full Inventor, Entrepreneur and Physicist.

Throughout my Teens i spent time dreaming of success , always yearning for the heart stopping win.I would watch countless television shows about Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison , Aristotle and countless other legends.My heart churned with awe and a pang of jealousy, for every Television show about heroes i would remind myself of the juxtaposition between me and success.My friends, i say this with a heavy heart, i always saw the winner in the future never the winner within me.

Raised , still living, in a large family of 12 people i had a knack of talking and speaking to people.At 19 years , i had the elderly praising me for my eloquent spurts of wisdom.Countless people would ask me of my subconscious persuasive traits.Honing in on them i would persuade a few women to adore my ramblings of dreams.Consequently my enemies would use my innocence to abuse me, fearing my talents.But i digress.

I am a college student studying Electrical Engineering / Physics and i am trying desperately to escape the hell of the scripted life.The perpetual Haze i was forced into from birth, the disgusting cubicle waiting to entrap me for my mortal life.

All i am I don't know who i am , but i know how i am.I am unhappy ...... i know what i want... i want to be free!

Thats why i am here :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Thanks for your introduction, @ManlyMansNegator.

All i am I don't know who i am , but i know how i am.I am unhappy ...... i know what i want... i want to be free!

Well, now that you know what you want... what are you doing about it? What steps are you taking every day to get what you want? What's your escape plan?

Note that there are very experienced people here who are also very generous with their time and knowledge and can help you. I hope you stick around, learn from them, and grow with the community.

Welcome to the Fastlane community!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great to have ya my friend. Welcome to the forum.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for the intro.

I always wanted to be some sort of inventor and explorer too. I then discovered computers as a kid and wanted to be one of those cool guys inventing or discovering stuff by coding on their computer.

I ended up doing a degree in Maths, and then working in cubicles as an IT and Database dude for (ahem) 15 years.

10 years later I’m having a ball sifting through data online and creating things that people interact with (ads) and that can make other people’s phones ring. It’s amazing really and I feel truly blessed. (I suspect @eliquid equally enjoys using his technical skills to “create”.)

I think the most exciting thing you can invent and build is something that adds value, and that allows you to get paid to do so. Some people call that a business. ;)

I say all this so you realise there’s other types of inventions, discoveries, and things to explore that aren’t in academia, and that are all around us.

Good luck!

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Thanks for the intro.

I always wanted to be some sort of inventor and explorer too. I then discovered computers as a kid and wanted to be one of those cool guys inventing or discovering stuff by coding on their computer.

I ended up doing a degree in Maths, and then working in cubicles as an IT and Database dude for (ahem) 15 years.

10 years later I’m having a ball sifting through data online and creating things that people interact with (ads) and that can make other people’s phones ring. It’s amazing really and I feel truly blessed. (I suspect @eliquid equally enjoys using his technical skills to “create”.)

I think the most exciting thing you can invent and build is something that adds value, and that allows you to get paid to do so. Some people call that a business. ;)

I say all this so you realise there’s other types of inventions, discoveries, and things to explore that aren’t in academia, and that are all around us.

Good luck!
I will get into fastlane through inventing use-full things.Then i will be able to make useless stuff at my leisure.

:fist:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome!
I have an engineering student from Sri Lanka as a dorm mate. Every night, I catch him doing calculations or fitting together wires and stuff for his projects, after buying materials online. I spend some breaks talking with him about his projects, which sometimes make me wonder whether I should pick an engineering major instead of business....:rofl:

I am a college student studying Electrical Engineering / Physics and i am trying desperately to escape the hell of the scripted life.
Whoah! That is quite the combo of degrees!

Have you started any projects yet, for your courses? Any of interest?
Once in a while, the uni might spring out some interesting assignments, although its a regular SCRIPT environment. :)

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego
You can escape @ManlyMansNegator. I graduated with an engineering degree and worked for 5 years in a cubicle environment before I was able to escape. I didn't have the clarity that you have now.

Keep pressing, keep exploring, and keep us posted on your journey.

And welcome!

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Welcome!
I have an engineering student from Sri Lanka as a dorm mate. Every night, I catch him doing calculations or fitting together wires and stuff for his projects, after buying materials online. I spend some breaks talking with him about his projects, which sometimes make me wonder whether I should pick an engineering major instead of business....:rofl:

Whoah! That is quite the combo of degrees!

Have you started any projects yet, for your courses? Any of interest?
Once in a while, the uni might spring out some interesting assignments, although its a regular SCRIPT environment. :)
University pushes the end goal of joining a research facility or a regular Job.However the process to getting the luscious "end goal" is not as scripted as would think,at least in STEM. The knowledge i learned in university allows you to connect dots faster and get better ideas with an already proven record of execution.

Physics is more calculations rather than experiments, although we do alot of the latter.Electrical engineering has some great projects but all of them are cursed with 30 page reports that noone even properly reads.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I will get into fastlane through inventing use-full things.Then i will be able to make useless stuff at my leisure.

:fist:

I knew a guy that studied Music Compostion and Theoretical Physics.

Post studies, he spent 5 years in his garage developing a more efficient fuel-injection system for a certain kind of diesel engine. Then he sold the tech.

Now he doesn't have to worry about money, and can do what he really wants... play piano and write music.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...