• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Ahh... the age old question, Perhaps it can help you

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by ManlyMansNegator, Oct 12, 2018.

1. ManlyMansNegator

ManlyMansNegator Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,162
    I see myself as a youth-full Inventor, Entrepreneur and Physicist.

Throughout my Teens i spent time dreaming of success , always yearning for the heart stopping win.I would watch countless television shows about Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison , Aristotle and countless other legends.My heart churned with awe and a pang of jealousy, for every Television show about heroes i would remind myself of the juxtaposition between me and success.My friends, i say this with a heavy heart, i always saw the winner in the future never the winner within me.

Raised , still living, in a large family of 12 people i had a knack of talking and speaking to people.At 19 years , i had the elderly praising me for my eloquent spurts of wisdom.Countless people would ask me of my subconscious persuasive traits.Honing in on them i would persuade a few women to adore my ramblings of dreams.Consequently my enemies would use my innocence to abuse me, fearing my talents.But i digress.

I am a college student studying Electrical Engineering / Physics and i am trying desperately to escape the hell of the scripted life.The perpetual Haze i was forced into from birth, the disgusting cubicle waiting to entrap me for my mortal life.

All i am I don't know who i am , but i know how i am.I am unhappy ...... i know what i want... i want to be free!

Thats why i am here :)

JamItFast, lowtek, Kingmaker and 5 others like this.
  2. George Appiah

George Appiah Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,518
    Thanks for your introduction, @ManlyMansNegator.

Well, now that you know what you want... what are you doing about it? What steps are you taking every day to get what you want? What's your escape plan?

Note that there are very experienced people here who are also very generous with their time and knowledge and can help you. I hope you stick around, learn from them, and grow with the community.

Welcome to the Fastlane community!

3. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,635
    Can we travel backwards in time?

Can we travel faster than the speed of light?

SMH and Andy Black like this.
  4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $403,604
    Admin Post
    Great to have ya my friend. Welcome to the forum.

5. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $75,175
  6. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $186,943
    Thanks for the intro.

I always wanted to be some sort of inventor and explorer too. I then discovered computers as a kid and wanted to be one of those cool guys inventing or discovering stuff by coding on their computer.

I ended up doing a degree in Maths, and then working in cubicles as an IT and Database dude for (ahem) 15 years.

10 years later I’m having a ball sifting through data online and creating things that people interact with (ads) and that can make other people’s phones ring. It’s amazing really and I feel truly blessed. (I suspect @eliquid equally enjoys using his technical skills to “create”.)

I think the most exciting thing you can invent and build is something that adds value, and that allows you to get paid to do so. Some people call that a business. ;)

I say all this so you realise there’s other types of inventions, discoveries, and things to explore that aren’t in academia, and that are all around us.

Good luck!

ZF Lee and ManlyMansNegator like this.
  7. ManlyMansNegator

ManlyMansNegator Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,162
    I will get into fastlane through inventing use-full things.Then i will be able to make useless stuff at my leisure.

:fist:

8. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $186,943
    I love it. I literally LOL’d.

9. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,893
    Welcome!
    I have an engineering student from Sri Lanka as a dorm mate. Every night, I catch him doing calculations or fitting together wires and stuff for his projects, after buying materials online. I spend some breaks talking with him about his projects, which sometimes make me wonder whether I should pick an engineering major instead of business....:rofl:

Whoah! That is quite the combo of degrees!

Have you started any projects yet, for your courses? Any of interest?
    Once in a while, the uni might spring out some interesting assignments, although its a regular SCRIPT environment. :)

10. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,243
  11. Gary

Gary Elevatin' the Celebratin' Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $1,592
    You can escape @ManlyMansNegator. I graduated with an engineering degree and worked for 5 years in a cubicle environment before I was able to escape. I didn't have the clarity that you have now.

Keep pressing, keep exploring, and keep us posted on your journey.

And welcome!

12. ManlyMansNegator

Rep Bank:
    $1,162
    University pushes the end goal of joining a research facility or a regular Job.However the process to getting the luscious "end goal" is not as scripted as would think,at least in STEM. The knowledge i learned in university allows you to connect dots faster and get better ideas with an already proven record of execution.

Physics is more calculations rather than experiments, although we do alot of the latter.Electrical engineering has some great projects but all of them are cursed with 30 page reports that noone even properly reads.

ZF Lee likes this.
  13. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $49,457
    I knew a guy that studied Music Compostion and Theoretical Physics.

Post studies, he spent 5 years in his garage developing a more efficient fuel-injection system for a certain kind of diesel engine. Then he sold the tech.

Now he doesn't have to worry about money, and can do what he really wants... play piano and write music.

SquatchMan and ZF Lee like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.