• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION Adding More Zero’s – Journey to Market Disruption and Building Generational Change

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by GPM, Feb 8, 2018.

1. GPM

GPM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $20,007
    Update time.

This. Moves. At. A. Snails. Pace.

So we have been talking with 2/3 of the distributors, and it sounds pretty awesome so far. Big business is a fascinating beast, no doubt about it. THEY offered to carry the note on this, so they will essentially be our bank on this deal.

Our customer makes an order -> We make an order with our spec manufacturer -> Deliver to the distributor and they pay us -> We pay our manufacturer -> Our customer pays the distributor.

The ability to scale this by using 100% someone else's cash on this is pretty amazing. If we go after anyone else that completely frees up our capital and actual banking to worry about those deals. These ones can grow nearly infinitely on their own. It also builds levels of trust with two big a$$ companies instead of just one. Very cool.

The customer on these deals have also passed us through more regulatory stages. From the sound of it we are good to go, just waiting for them to run out of their existing supplies. We are getting closer and closer to the goal line on this. It is getting exciting.

Tommo, YoungPadawan, MTEE1985 and 5 others like this.
  2. GPM

GPM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $20,007
    So something that I have noticed in regards to a shift in mindset.

Before, I was motivated by being able to own cool stuff. I love fast cars. I love to travel. I want fancy watches and high end electronics.

As some of you know, we had a baby a squeak over a month ago. Now that is all I can think about. Sure I still want the fancy stuff, but when I really deep-down think about what I want, it all revolves around family. I think that if I had 100k in the bank to spend, not a penny of it would go towards toys for me. It would all go towards facilitating family.

I want a larger house, but this isn't for some gaudy reason to show off. I want something that a community can gather at. I want family and friends to want to come over, for it to be a destination to get away and build relationships. I want to be able to fly and see family that is on the other side of the country, or a different country all together.

I am sure the toys will come, but they have been bumped to the bottom of the list in a big way.

Sorry for boring you all with that, back to business!

So a while back I saw a big delivery truck that advertised on the side what it is that their company does. I thought to myself "GPM, this looks like a company that needs what we have, I better find out how to talk to them". I ended up finding their purchasing and logistics manager on LinkedIn. After some back-and-forth we started to email each other. Turns out they can use what we have. We discussed volumes and frequency and well as pricing, and came to something that sound agreeable between us.

Today I drove down to meet him in person, and dropped off a sample for them to test. If all goes well, we could become their newest supplier.

This business might not go anywhere, but if it does it literally came about from me seeing a delivery truck while out on a walk and following up on it. Keep your eyes open, there are literally opportunities all over the place.

3. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,296

Don't you just love snow? lol

Exciting stuff! Keep on killing it!
    [​IMG]

GPM likes this.
  4. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $47,661
    It's biological man. Story after story goes exactly the same. Have a kid. Instant life priority reorganization.

The day my daughter was born was the day I knew I could no longer be a teacher.

5. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $27,034
    Very very cool. Arguably a FAR more powerful motivator.

This is the difference between a legacy builder and a "rich prick" that normal people love to hate.

I love the quote: "Money talks and wealth whispers."

amp0193, SMH, Roz and 2 others like this.
  6. AlessioLC

AlessioLC Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,106
    Beautiful ! A simple look and a bit of curiosity can bring business ! Awesome.

7. GPM

Rep Bank:
    $20,007
    So I am in the process of writing a stack of letters by hand, which will be mailed out in hand-addressed envelops. These will go to the COO's of various companies that we have an interest in. I am finding their information from their corporate websites (most list this information) and/or LinkedIn.

The letter is going to be short and sweet. It will contain no pitch or call to action. Simply a nice concise statement on company letterhead, and the inclusion of my business card. I am borrowing heavily from John D. Rockefeller for the tone and subject. He may have done this over 100 years ago, and done it in person (pretty hard with gatekeepers today) but I believe that the power of written word in ones hands may even hold more sway today than it did back then. I guess we will see how it goes.

I will let you guys know how it turns out.

To industry!

8. GPM

Rep Bank:
    $20,007
    Hit a bad piece of news in regards to this. The one company that we may have been able to do some business with, is not going to work out. For whatever reason, we did not meet their testing requirements.

I tried to get more feedback about what caused this not to work in the application, but I got a canned answer along the lines of "does not fit our needs for this application". We have a feeling we know why, but are not 100% sure. It sucks, but the big fish are still being reeled in and it works for their applications.

amp0193, SMH, Roz and 3 others like this.
  9. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $47,661

Any chance of re-formulating on your hunch, and then re-opening the talks? Or is the door closed?

YoungPadawan and MTEE1985 like this.