The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Adding More Zero’s – Journey to Market Disruption and Building Generational Change

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I have not updated this thread since April. I was hoping to have some more to say in regard to wins, but unfortunately that is not the case. The market for what we are competing against has shifted drastically. In the long term there is not a single doubt in my mind that we can win, but unfortunately most employees don't deal in the long term, so we have to play pricing games which does not work for us at the moment. So I continue to stay in contact and build relationships. When the time is right everything is in place, and I will be there with a solution.

In happier news, there are a few developments on other products and materials. By other developments I mean that we have some pretty big support behind us on some pretty major materials. We are invited to bid on a material for some continental business in 2020. I am also working on expanding our friends business into new geo-markets with existing products that they are the leading player with.

So it is all pretty high level at this point, and nothing is set in stone. However, the potential of all this just continues to increase. We are in an excellent spot right now, and have several irons in the fire which will literally get our names on the map when it comes to this industry. At that point if anything comes up, we will be invited to the table.

On the personal side we have more excitement going on. My daughter turns 1 in a couple of days, and we have another one due in February of next year! The thought of keeping this business high level, and mostly in the board room, REALLY excites me. I am going to dress my kids up in suit and blazer and they are coming with me to board room meetings before they are 10, mark my work. Have them sit in some government-brain-drain institution, or come with daddy and hammer out 10 million dollar deals? Yea, I know where I want them to be...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So my last post in here was in September of 2019. Wow, that was a long time ago. Time for an update, this is as much for me as for everyone else. Consider it a journal entry of sorts.

Let me start off with the negative.

On the personal side, I have been having serious back issues on and off for the last 13 or so years. Earlier in the year I was essentially crippled for about 3 days due to the pain and lack of mobility. It went away with some chiro and physio. It came back in a terrible way about 2 weeks ago and I went and got an x-ray a few days ago. Turns out I have some degeneration in my L5/S1 and thinning of my disk. So that sucks, and I guess I need to be very careful for the rest of my life in anything I do that may jeopardize this.

The material that we were gearing up to be major seller and a direct supplier for a major oilfield service company for has literally gone to nothing. After a successful trial run and initial order, these guys dangled the carrot in front of us and blew smoke up our a$$ about how much they would need, it then went poof!! nothing. There is 0 market for this right now, and it will take some serious market changes to make it viable again. This is something we can keep an eye on and will probably come back in 2-3 years. Time will tell. On a slightly humorous note the service company who wants this literally called me about a month ago and said that they wanted some on THE DAY that they called me. They said they have been working on it for a while and need it right away. Wow, thanks for never letting me know this every time I was in contact with you guys before. I had to tell them sorry but that won't work, we can't just start up production on dormant materials if there is no market for them. If they want a steady supply of this with a contract we will do it, but we can't just fire it up for random orders here and there.

On to happier news

My wife successfully gave birth to our second child in February, a beautiful and healthy boy! My daughter loves him like crazy, and she can't wait for him to start walking so that they can get into trouble together.

After much prospecting through LinkedIn and such, we have some solid potential with some new materials and new companies. One company has a few manufacturing areas that are under long term material contract, and one area that is coming up for renewal in August. We are working on gaining this business, and if we are successful this will result is us holding their new contract. This will be a monthly delivery for potentially 3-5 years. So put in the leg work now and we can have some steady income for 3-5 years! During this time we can build up a relationship and work on their other areas so that we can have the contract at all of their sites. This will also legitimize our company in this industry, and we will use this win as leverage to squeeze our way into every similar company in this niche that we can find.

We are also in talks with another company that is going to use an absolutely insane amount of material for a short period of time, with no chance for any long term business. I have been talking with these guys for quite a few months about this, and then out of nowhere they said that something is coming up that may require the material right away. They are not clear, have insane demands, and are very hard to work with. However, all this means that almost no one else wants to deal with them. So if we are able to navigate this mess of BS it should add up to a very nice payday, and completely solidify our company as a major player in this industry. This will also be sorted out by August. Very high risk with low potential for a win, but a massive massive upside if we are able to pull this off.

Another happy point of news is that we have another team member on board who is far far far far better at prospecting than I am. He is going to que these guys up and garner interest, and then I will take those leads and knock them out of the park. To say I am excited about this in an understatement. I have had my eye on some companies with 0 success in getting a response out of them. This guy has already managed to talk to these same companies and garner some interest! To see this just blows me away and really opens my eyes. This is leveraging others abilities. This is going to be synergy that really ends up being a great 1+1=3 equation.

Right now we are working on 2 potential deals that both on their own can start to be life changing. I see this being even more potential deals before the end of the summer. If we keep at this I really believe that it can finally start to explode by the end of the year. We have a little over 5 months left in the year. There is no way I am updating this in 2021 without a big deal under contract. 2020 is the year to change lives!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I just want to put some numbers out there so you guys can start to think big as well.

One deal is roughly 1,000 tonnes a month of material, the other would be a short term need of 6-12,000 tonnes.

These are some pretty large volumes, and I want to be looking back at this very soon and laugh at how small they are. It is all relative.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.