The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Young Man w Nothing Looking for a Place in The Fastlane (Need Advice)

malphax5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 16, 2018
USA
I literally have nothing but a burning desire to become free. Free from time and debt unlike my parents.

First of all, I am very glad I found this path to start with before off to college.
I’m 18 and me and my family are immigrants from Philippines. Being new here in US means a hard life is inevitable for me and my family. Considering my dad is a “Sidewalker” as he jumps from market to market from farmer’s market, my mom has to work at Walmart for 8 hrs then to a care home all day almost 6 days a week just to support our lifestyle expenses for me and my 2 sisters. I really feel bad about them Bc they almost don’t get enough sleep and this is the path they have led to considering they graduated college in Philippines.

Sometimes I feel like shit and blame my parents as I would see these kids at my school having best grades, driving their Camaro, and have their future figured out and ready to go. I do my best in school to be successful someday (I’ve been taught the Slowlane, but that will change). They have someone successful who guides them, while my parents are always at work and have not much knowledge here in US. They know the system and how things work here in US while I have to learn and experience it for a while. They are just ‘well-fed’, while I’ve got nothing but advices to go to school and graduate.

And this is where I found my burning desire to be financially free, give my parents the ‘real’ life they deserve, and hopefully have my kids become one of those ‘kids’ at my school.

As a kid with these circumstances, what advices would you success minded people out there would like to give me? currently, I am going to community college and will probably live with my parents for sometime (not thinking of working at a 9-5 job, I wanna get started on my entrepreneurial gig). I am looking for advices that will help me find a place in this fasttlane world of freedom and wealth. Please leave your advices/ relatable stories below and Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Have you read the books that this forum revolves around? They're a great place to start.

My advice would be to simply get started. Your first venture will probably not be a huge success. Not even your second or third. But you know what?

That doesn't matter.

As you proceed, you'll slowly increase the odds of succeeding with a business. You'll learn. Discover more opportunities. Improve. Understand things on another level.

Here's what it could look like:

Gig 1: 5% probability of success
Gig 2: 10% probability
Gig 3: 20%
Gig 4: 40%

Don't be afraid of failing, because if you're messing up in the right ways (such as, trying to build a business and learn), you're on a pretty good path.

Start with one small step.

Greet someone with a smile. Try to help people around you. Talk with them about THEIR lives and hardships.

Ask your parents if you can make their lives easier at home, by washing the dishes or cleaning once in a while etc.

Learn a skill. Start freelancing to get insight into the business world.

This may sound like useless advice to you -- maybe all you care about is the big things like building the next Facebook or Uber -- but if you're to climb a mountain, you've no use of looking at and talking about the peak.

You'll need to start your ascent with one step.

PS. You can also read all the gold threads here on the forum.

malphax5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 16, 2018
USA
Have you read the books that this forum revolves around? They're a great place to start.

My advice would be to simply get started. Your first venture will probably not be a huge success. Not even your second or third. But you know what?

That doesn't matter.

As you proceed, you'll slowly increase the odds of succeeding with a business. You'll learn. Discover more opportunities. Improve. Understand things on another level.

Here's what it could look like:

Gig 1: 5% probability of success
Gig 2: 10% probability
Gig 3: 20%
Gig 4: 40%

Don't be afraid of failing, because if you're messing up in the right ways (such as, trying to build a business and learn), you're on a pretty good path.

Start with one small step.

Greet someone with a smile. Try to help people around you. Talk with them about THEIR lives and hardships.

Ask your parents if you can make their lives easier at home, by washing the dishes or cleaning once in a while etc.

Learn a skill. Start freelancing to get insight into the business world.

This may sound like useless advice to you -- maybe all you care about is the big things like building the next Facebook or Uber -- but if you're to climb a mountain, you've no use of looking at and talking about the peak.

You'll need to start your ascent with one step.

PS. You can also read all the gold threads here on the forum.

Thanks! I’ll take action now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.