The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

90 Day Cold Calling Challenge

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
If you like I can pm you my email or phone number. Sometimes a quick chat clarifies as it is in real time. Nothing dodgy, I wont be attempting to sell you anything (unless you have school age kids)

Dan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Day 18 Summary

Dials: 40
Reached: 8 (20%)
Leads: 2 (25%)
Prospects: 2 (100%)

Many takeaways today:

1) You need to be confident with your script. I didn't like my script but was too lazy to change it, and it backfired a lot - I was stumbling over my words and it wasn't resonating at all with the person on the other line. I think it's better you have a medium script but you're confident with it rather than the "perfect script" and you don't like saying it.

2) Sales is just about keeping going. Sometimes I would call 8 people straight and none would pick up when I would start to think like it's a waste of time when suddenly I landed on a solid prospect who is looking to get a new site. A lot of times nowadays I don't feel like doing the freakin calls but this forum is a great thing for accountability so I just push through and get over it.

3) It's important to not complicate things. Right now I have 2-3 different ways to overcome the same objection written down and during the call I get very confused about how to answer which leads me to come off very unconvincing. I think I will just try to learn a few but learn them well.

Crazy GG

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Day 19 Summary

Reached: 15 (46%)
Leads: 3 (20%)
Prospects: 1 (33%)

So before today I made an objection document on google docs where I record the most typical objections as suggested on this thread and practice them before every calling session. I think it definitely helped and I will continue doing this in the future.

Today was pretty good, nice reach rate and got to talk to some decision-makers. Similarly to yesterday, one or two leads I got today initially were not interested but I managed them to keep them on the phone and get their email to send them more info.

One guy who is looking to get a website is not able to pay much, but I offered to just create a one page site for him for around 350 pounds to just get that first sale and I will talk to him next Monday.

Other than that, I feel like I am getting at least 1-2 consistent leads every day, so I need to start focusing on managing my pipeline and getting them closer to the sale.

Other than that, I have an interview tomorrow for a part time sales jobs so will see how that goes

Crazy GG

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Day 20 Summary - 33% of challenge complete

Reached: 8 (20%)
Leads: 5 (62%)
Prospects: 0 (0%)

Okay, it's the end of the week and I am really tired right now, but I just finished 200 dials this week! This has been the most I have ever done and I feel quite empty but I have a hope that this will pay off someday.

First things first - I need to make the calling list the day before because to do it first thing in the morning before calls kills a lot of momentum and I think it's better to do it the day before.

Today I got a lot of weak leads as they were not really interested but I managed to get their email and for them to take a look at it. I am not sure if it's good - on one hand I am trying to influence people even if they are not interested initially (which is part of sales) but I don't want to waste my time with people who won't buy. So it's a tricky line.

In the evening I have a ton of follow ups to do as this week I have built my pipeline up pretty good. Still no sales, but at this point I don't care anymore - I will just keep going until I get that frickin sale.

Crazy GG

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Watch this video. If you don't have time start from around 26', but you should watch the whole thing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEwunIvRXlY

Excellent work btw! Keep it going!

Do you have any tips on how to prepare better lists without overspending too much time? Use Google instead of Yellow pages?

Reach out to @Vilox or just skim through his gold thread. He used a webscraping software. I think I used Webharvey (don't remember 100%) because it offered the best automation facilities, and I think the only one that offered 100% working automation - and after reaching out to them, the guy created a video with instructions on youtube especially for me.............

Their website sucks, but the software rocks!, and the customer service too. I tried one of the 'hip' webscraping tools and their customer service was appaling. But the website was nice... hehehe... I am a sucker for good customer service, even if their website transmits bad vibes and literally stinks...

1a. So use it to download your yelp / golden pages / any other business directory to Excel / dbase software / CRM and start scanning. Look for companies with bad websites. Omit those who don't have it at all for now.

1b. Go to upwork or any other site like this and ask someone to do it for you (shouldn't be expensive).

As you noticed, prepare the list the day before. Try to find the decision-maker before calling - or who is who - on linkedin (try finding plumbers on linkedin :D :D :D ), or any other directory. I use some kind of company registrar. UK should have it really nice. You will find it easily. There are companies that publish this type of data for $$, a lot of the info is free though. (The governments trade your personal info and financial data about your company, sell it companies just like that..... makes me wonder....)

So you now should have the company and the decision maker's name (owner maybe). I hope it helps for now.

Amro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 5, 2018
Schoorl
Hi @Crazy GG

Well done so far. You are doing a great job by following through. I would advise you to do 5 things to improve your results which are:
  • Use the AIDA sales structure in your salesscript
  • Create two salesscripts called salesscript A and salesscript B
  • Create an excellsheet and start testing both and document the results (250 calls pitch A and 250 calls pitch B and then evaluate the results to know what salesscript works best). After this you take the best one and start improving this one. Big changes mean big differences in results. Keep that in mind.
  • Read the book Spin Selling from Neil Rackham (Best book on sales ever written)
  • Don't forget to ask for the sale since you are cold calling to make the sale!
I hope this helps you a bit and please continue your way. Your well on your way to become succesfull in cold calling sales. ;)

Regards,
Amro

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Watch this video. If you don't have time start from around 26', but you should watch the whole thing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEwunIvRXlY

Excellent work btw! Keep it going!

Reach out to @Vilox or just skim through his gold thread. He used a webscraping software. I think I used Webharvey (don't remember 100%) because it offered the best automation facilities, and I think the only one that offered 100% working automation - and after reaching out to them, the guy created a video with instructions on youtube especially for me.............

So you now should have the company and the decision maker's name (owner maybe). I hope it helps for now.

Thanks for the advice!

I have already read the fanatical prospecting and I am aware of Jeff Blount, so I will definitely check out the video!

I have heard of webscraping and I was always too lazy to look into it, so I will make a note to do this today!

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Hi @Crazy GG

Well done so far. You are doing a great job by following through. I would advise you to do 5 things to improve your results which are:
  • Use the AIDA sales structure in your salesscript
  • Create two salesscripts called salesscript A and salesscript B
  • Create an excellsheet and start testing both and document the results (250 calls pitch A and 250 calls pitch B and then evaluate the results to know what salesscript works best). After this you take the best one and start improving this one. Big changes mean big differences in results. Keep that in mind.
  • Read the book Spin Selling from Neil Rackham (Best book on sales ever written)
  • Don't forget to ask for the sale since you are cold calling to make the sale!
I hope this helps you a bit and please continue your way. Your well on your way to become succesfull in cold calling sales. ;)

Regards,
Amro
Thanks for the support!

I have read Spin Selling and I loved it as well! I really need to improve on the Investigation and Problem side as I don't ask too many questions about those areas.

For the AIDA structure, what would be a normal script?

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Day 21 Summary

Reached: 11 (27.5%)
Leads: 2 (18%)

Monday morning at I'm back at it.

Gotta admit - I procrastinated about 40 minutes today before starting to call as I really had low motivation/anxiety. But I knew I would have to call the people anyways so just picked up the phone and did it.

I called all the landscapers in my city last week so this week I am calling roofing companies. Their jobs are quite expensive so I think they are a good industry to try.

I got 2 leads that told me to email them. At this point I am completely expecting NOT INTERESTED when I first pitch, and I focus on the second pitch to get their interest. You will rarely find a person be interested right away (after all I am a stranger selling websites), and I find that when you anticipate initial resistance, it's easier to overcome it later.

I have a ton of follow up calls to do this afternoon, and I am really hoping any of those can turn into a sales call or a sale.

Other than that, I am not trying to re-invent the wheel and just trust the process.

Crazy GG

Amro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 5, 2018
Schoorl
Thanks for the support!

I have read Spin Selling and I loved it as well! I really need to improve on the Investigation and Problem side as I don't ask too many questions about those areas.

For the AIDA structure, what would be a normal script?

Attention
Make it a wow attention when you introduce yourself. Smile when you talk.

Interest
Make it very interesting to listen to your story. Make it exciting.

Desiree
Sumup all the advantages when he/she does business with you. Someone who buys a fridge does not need a fridge. They need to keep food cold. Someone doesn't need a site. They need new business and revenue and profit.

Action
Call to action to ask them to buy and worst case make a callback appointment.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Amro

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Day 22 Summary

Reached: 16 (40%)
Leads: 2 (12.5%)

Pretty average day in "the office" - most people not interested but did get couple of leads by staying persistent and getting their emails.

I feel like the thing I could improve is my vibe and energy - I am calling in the mornings and I am using a free space in uni where other people are walking by, and I guess those things make me a bit timid. But I also feel like these things come with momentum - since I haven't made any sales yet from calling, I don't feel as energetic, but I feel like when that first sale comes, I might be way more energetic and confident.

Crazy GG

P.S. This morning I had my first "official" sales call with a prospect which lasted an hour. The guy seemed very interested, a bit demanding but overall seems like a good prospect. I quoted him a price and he said he will sleep on it and get back to me tomorrow. I really hope this turns into a sale. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Amro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 5, 2018
Schoorl
Day 22 Summary

Reached: 16 (40%)
Leads: 2 (12.5%)

Pretty average day in "the office" - most people not interested but did get couple of leads by staying persistent and getting their emails.

I feel like the thing I could improve is my vibe and energy - I am calling in the mornings and I am using a free space in uni where other people are walking by, and I guess those things make me a bit timid. But I also feel like these things come with momentum - since I haven't made any sales yet from calling, I don't feel as energetic, but I feel like when that first sale comes, I might be way more energetic and confident.

Crazy GG

P.S. This morning I had my first "official" sales call with a prospect which lasted an hour. The guy seemed very interested, a bit demanding but overall seems like a good prospect. I quoted him a price and he said he will sleep on it and get back to me tomorrow. I really hope this turns into a sale. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hi,

When he calls you tommorow, don't let him go. He maybe needs to be pushed a bit. Some people just need to be guided. And if I were you I would not compromise your rate to get the deal. Your offering a worldclass service right? If not, do offer worldclass service and make him feel welcome and in good hands. Worldclass services cost premium prices. Offering low rates often means you get low services.

Well done so far. You're almost there. Your fist sale will be the gamechanger psychologically.

P.s. don't forget to let him know that his business is your best interest and your only satisfied if he grows his business through the website you created for him. Good luck!

Regards,
Amro

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Hi,

When he calls you tommorow, don't let him go. He maybe needs to be pushed a bit. Some people just need to be guided. And if I were you I would not compromise your rate to get the deal. Your offering a worldclass service right? If not, do offer worldclass service and make him feel welcome and in good hands. Worldclass services cost premium prices. Offering low rates often means you get low services.

Well done so far. You're almost there. Your fist sale will be the gamechanger psychologically.

P.s. don't forget to let him know that his business is your best interest and your only satisfied if he grows his business through the website you created for him. Good luck!

Regards,
Amro
Thanks a lot! I will definitely prepare for that.

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Day 23 Summary

Dials: 20
Reached: 6 (30%)
Leads: 2 (33%)

Today I went to the networking event in the morning ( I wanted to try out something new). Since it was free and there were loads of people, I didn't manage to find any prospects but I did have some interesting conversations with some sales and marketing people. I even met Mark Wright (winner of Apprentice 2014 who now runs a 7-figure marketing agency). It was a nice reminder of what's possible and that I won't have to do cold calls for the rest of my life. Although it is not easy seeing a guy that successful with 200+ clients making millions while you're cold calling and not really getting anything. I guess it's a two way street.

I came back in the afternoon very tired and really didn't want to do the calls as I had loads of other things to do but I pushed myself to do the 20 dials to keep the challenge going.

Today nothing happened until the dials 19 and 20 which turned into leads, so a good reminder again to just keep going even if you don't feel like it.

I feel like I need to change my script up because even thought it's working okay, I am not extremely passionate about my current script which sort of translates into me not having enthusiasm as I mentioned yesterday.

Now I am onto the follow up calls. The potential sale didn't call me today, so I will call him myself and see what's going on.

Crazy GG

Amro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 5, 2018
Schoorl
Now I am onto the follow up calls. The potential sale didn't call me today, so I will call him myself and see what's going on.

Crazy GG

Hi @Crazy GG

When someone is a potential sale you should always call him/her instead of them calling you. Keep control and always try to call them back asap.

Your only 1 mm from your first sale.

Well done!

Regards,
Amro

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Update: I called the guy up and he said he had a chat with his girlfriend yesterday and she said she will do the site for him as she already done one for herself.

I gotta say it's very disappointing as I had prepared for him to say no for various different reasons (price, not enough value etc) and was ready to overcome those objections, but I didn't expect that one so I was kinda taken aback.

I asked him was there anything that made him change up his mind but he said that he liked everything I was offering him and it really was just the fact that the girlfriend offered to do it for him.

I wanted to ask "do you think your girlfriend will be able to make a site of such a quality you are hoping for?" (yesterday he told me he wants a modern Apple style website), but I felt like that would be too aggressive and just gave in.

It sucks, but that's life I guess. I will put a note to check if he has a new site in 2 months and call him if he doesn't but so far it looks like I will need to focus on my other leads

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Well, it seems you have a big cold calling challenge. Since I have no experience about it, I'll tell you about someone who does. (I guess you already know who I am thinking about) The cold calling king is Dan Lok. It would be great to document yourself while taking action because it will definitely increase your success probabilities per call. But, If you are going to do this, mind that it is far more powerful to be done AFTER you have made those daily cold calls.

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Day 24 Summary

Dials: 20
Reached: 9 (45%)
Leads: 0 (0%)

Today I decided to switch around the script and make it more gradual.

Hi, is this x? .My name is Crazy GG - I was just calling because I am a young entrepreneur from Bristol and I wanted to reach out to you...

Most people allow me to go ahead after this and I think it buys me a bit more attention but on the other hand it leaves people confused at first, so it might not be that good.

Today I also decided to try to "flip the switch" when addressing common objections I get. For example, a lot of people say "I have too much work already" and I replied "I actually try to get you less work". Some of the people are really taken aback by this and then I explain that what I try to do is to get them better-paying customers so they have to take less work. It didn't work that well today but I think there is potential.

Also, I talked to one of the plumber leads today and he took me apart really good. Basically he asked how I can improve on his current site and I told him that I can improve 1) copywriting 2) the actual design 3) add brand story and hence get him more customers to which he then asked me - "can your new site get more than 200 calls/day" to which I didn't know how to respond. He then went on to say that I can't sell him a site without SEO and that I need to research more about the plumbing industry to sell him anything. How would you guys handle this?

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Update: I called the guy up and he said he had a chat with his girlfriend yesterday and she said she will do the site for him as she already done one for herself.

I gotta say it's very disappointing as I had prepared for him to say no for various different reasons (price, not enough value etc) and was ready to overcome those objections, but I didn't expect that one so I was kinda taken aback.

I asked him was there anything that made him change up his mind but he said that he liked everything I was offering him and it really was just the fact that the girlfriend offered to do it for him.

I wanted to ask "do you think your girlfriend will be able to make a site of such a quality you are hoping for?" (yesterday he told me he wants a modern Apple style website), but I felt like that would be too aggressive and just gave in.

It sucks, but that's life I guess. I will put a note to check if he has a new site in 2 months and call him if he doesn't but so far it looks like I will need to focus on my other leads

From experience I can say that "no" as an answer, is the second best answer you can get. I had/have many clients who were doubting or couldn't say no. They're very time-consuming and lead to nowhere. Just be grateful he just turned you down so soon.

The fact that you sparked interest means you're on the right track.

Big balls you own. Keep going!

PinPointing

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jan 10, 2014
I've been jumping into a lot of cold calling recently as well. I went to a meetup in my area put up by a sales training company and they told us about pattern interrupting. everyone has an unconscious script they run when someone calls them.

I've been saying this: Hey persons name, I'm going to be honest with you, this is a sales call. Do you want to just hang up right now?

They usually laugh as say what do you have for me.

To make this work you have to make sure your tonality is on point and playful.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I've been jumping into a lot of cold calling recently as well. I went to a meetup in my area put up by a sales training company and they told us about pattern interrupting. everyone has an unconscious script they run when someone calls them.

I've been saying this: Hey persons name, I'm going to be honest with you, this is a sales call. Do you want to just hang up right now?

That's a good one. lol

At the end of my calls I always tell them, "Thanks for the call because you are the best person in the world."

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

Lol I'm sure some actually take you up on the offer

todonelist

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,114%
Oct 2, 2018
At this point I am completely expecting NOT INTERESTED when I first pitch, and I focus on the second pitch to get their interest. You will rarely find a person be interested right away (after all I am a stranger selling websites)

I think this is a good way to rebuttal the quick "not interested" replies in order to win a couple more minutes.

Them: "not interested"
You: *small chuckle* You know what? I rarely find a person to be interested right away! I mean at this point I'm just a stranger selling websites but if you give me two minutes, I think I can peak your interest :)"

*said with a confident, light-hearted tonality.

Nodus

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Apr 3, 2018
Tanzania
Hello,
Try this it may be of help,

Offer your service FREE OF CHARGE!!, your condition being;

- I will change up your website to increase conversion rates, if it leads to more business within such and such, then we can discuss the charges for my services

- If it doesn't you have NOTHING to lose

It sounds crazy, but imagine on the other end of the call, you probably won't risk your business to buy something you are not sure of

Reduce the risk to the customer, if your work is good, then the rewards shall flow.

All the best

Nodus

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Apr 3, 2018
Tanzania
Hello,
Try this it may be of help,

Offer your service FREE OF CHARGE!!, your condition being;

- I will change up your website to increase conversion rates, if it leads to more business within such and such, then we can discuss the charges for my services

- If it doesn't you have NOTHING to lose

It sounds crazy, but imagine on the other end of the call, you probably won't risk your business to buy something you are not sure of

Reduce the risk to the customer, if your work is good, then the rewards shall flow.

All the best

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
I think this is a good way to rebuttal the quick "not interested" replies in order to win a couple more minutes.

Them: "not interested"
You: *small chuckle* You know what? I rarely find a person to be interested right away! I mean at this point I'm just a stranger selling websites but if you give me two minutes, I think I can peak your interest :)"

*said with a confident, light-hearted tonality.

I love this! Gotta give it a go one day

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Day 25 Summary

Dials: 24
Reached: 9 (37.50%)
Leads: 1 (14.29%)

Because I had an interview for a part time sales job this morning at 10 AM, I knew I had to start making the calls before 9 AM. I always hesitate making them before 9 AM as I feel like it's sort of "out of business hours" but actually a lot more people picked up the phone than usual - 37.50% reach rate for me is pretty good.

About the calls - I have noticed recently that when I mention websites, a lot of people immediately say "I don't need any advertising". Even though related, having a website online is not really advertising and when I have trouble getting that across to the people I am talking to as most of them think website=advertising. In my opinion, having a good website speaks a lot about the quality of your work and sort of legitimizes your business, wouldn't you guys agree?

Do you have any ideas of how I could overcome this objection? Because I get it a lot.

Other than that, one of the follow ups is pending to be a £700 sale, he still wants to meet me, but I won't consider it a sale until I actually get some money in my bank account.

On to the follow up calls.

Have a great weekend!

Crazy GG

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Day 25 Summary

Because I had an interview for a part time sales job this morning at 10 AM, I knew I had to start making the calls before 9 AM. I always hesitate making them before 9 AM as I feel like it's sort of "out of business hours" but actually a lot more people picked up the phone than usual - 37.50% reach rate for me is pretty good.

About the calls - I have noticed recently that when I mention websites, a lot of people immediately say "I don't need any advertising". Even though related, having a website online is not really advertising and when I have trouble getting that across to the people I am talking to as most of them think website=advertising. In my opinion, having a good website speaks a lot about the quality of your work and sort of legitimizes your business, wouldn't you guys agree?

Do you have any ideas of how I could overcome this objection? Because I get it a lot.

Other than that, one of the follow ups is pending to be a £700 sale, he still wants to meet me, but I won't consider it a sale until I actually get some money in my bank account.

On to the follow up calls.

Have a great weekend!

Crazy GG

I would try something like "you're absolutely right, you don't need advertising. You're very fortunate to be in that position. Let me ask you a question: has there ever been a time when business was slow, or dried up?"

Idea here is that you don't refute the stall, you just sidestep it. Maybe they have more business than they can handle at the moment, but I'm sure it wasn't always that way. I want them to remember what that feels like, so that it at least creates a crack in their strategy to get me off the phone.

Edit: I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I would do.

Last edited:

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Day 26 Summary

Okay, so I really want to start recording my calls since a lot of people suggested it. I couldn't find a call recording software for the particular app I am using to call people, so I decided to just call myself with the computer. I can't hear the other person but I think it might be even better as I can focus 100% on what I say in isolation.

I edited out a couple bits of my opening pitch so please take a look and share honestly what you think. Please be as honest as possible!

This week I am calling carpenters. What I plan to do today is make a short video (slideshow) of explaining why a website might be useful to you. This is because I feel that a lot of people don't really trust me enough just from phone conversations to pull the trigger and buy, so if they could see me on a video at least, I think it would help in the sales process.

Crazy GG

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.