The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

90 Days for 10 Clients

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Zlatin Manahov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 15, 2022
Bulgaria

The story so far:​

- A month ago 18yo me finally realized he had wasted enough of his time and decided that he would build a digital marketing agency from scratch.
- Same guy and another member of this forum agreed to try and get 3 clients until Aug 15.
- My past self went on a trip to Croatia and very little got done there.
- Now back home, he reached out to 100 businesses across multiple niches to try and secure that elusive first paying client. In the meantime he ran Google ads for his dad's online store - for a period of a few days he got 1400 impressions and 260 clicks.
- Getting very few responses and 0 meetings booked he thought that the only way to progress is by doing more every day.
- Yesterday he watched a video tutorial on cold emailing which inspired him to come up with the following challenge:

Note: I know challenges aren't really a sustainable way to grow. But the aim is not to do 90 days then relax and go with the flow. It's to take me out of the comfort zone I'm currently in and have me take ACTION NOW. My idea with this is the sooner I start putting in the hard work, the sooner I get to my desired destination)

90 DAY OUTREACH CHALLENGE​

I WILL REACH OUT TO 24 UNIQUE BUSINESSES EVERY DAY UNTIL NOV 15

RULES:​

• Can be a call, email or DM
  • If I miss a day I don’t do more tomorrow, just the normal 24
  • If I do more in a day I don’t do less tomorrow
  • DONT SPAM - offer value upfront and approach each situation in a personal way (EX: PDF with tips, Looms of me going over how their competitors are using Google ads etc etc)
  • See what’s working for each niche and double down on that. (EX: Dentists are usually busy and rarely check emails so a call to the mobile number they provided on their clinic's website is more appropriate.)

I will contact 24x90= 2160 unique businesses during this period. Assuming a open rate of 5% and a sign on rate of 10% this means I’ll close 10 clients. This will guarantee I get at least 10 paying clients. If I price my services at 500 leva (Bulgarian currency, roughly equates to 260 usd) per month I will be generating 5000 leva per month. That’s 60 000 leva per year. At 19 years old. If I do this for 2 years I will be at around 100k. I need only 20 clients at 500 per month or 14 clients at 750pm or 10 clients at 1000pm to make 10k per month or 120k per year. Which is well over my 2025 goal of 100 thousand leva income for the year.

So the GOAL is to get 10 paying clients ( or less but higher paying clients) in the next 90 days.

The TIME FRAME is 90 days or until NOV 15

The REWARD is renewing my INSIDERS Membership for 6 months because it expires on the same date. No results = no renewal.

If I GIVE UP I have to do 2400 squats in 24 hours as a forfeit. Just because I despise squatting LOL

The BIGGEST OBSTACLE will be finding the time during the day to find leads, seed out the ones I don’t see myself working with, go through their pages and get their contact info, save that in a sheets document and finally reach out to them. Meanwhile I will be starting as a freshman in a notoriously hard university, trying to maintain and build new relationships, working out 3 or 4 times per week, reading good books and most importantly taking regular care of my mental health to keep away depression and anxiety (both of which have caused me problems in the past).

Even though my current situation is a bit complicated and people close to me keep saying stuff like “are you crazy doing this?!" I firmly believe the best time to start is RIGHT NOW. What is more important than this? Getting brainwashed in university for 4 whole years to then be spat out in the real life with 0 actual experience? Or maybe going out every weekend and getting drunk with people whose highest existential purpose is sloppy drunk s3x with strangers? Or travelling around Europe wasting my parents' hard earned money which they need to properly retire? I am aware it seems like I’m whining but honestly I can’t see myself doing anything else now. So even though my thoughts and emotions say it’s not logical, my rational self is dying to make this next step.

I will do my best to post monthly progress updates here mainly for my own benefit - to keep myself on track and to hear what the great minds of this community have to say about my venture, but I also sincerely hope someone can take away some kind of value from my wins and losses. Any questions, criticism or jokes on my behalf are appreciated as always!

Next update on Sept 15. See you then!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Zlatin Manahov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 15, 2022
Bulgaria
Hello!

How is it going Your challenge for now?
Hey man!

So far so good haha. Just emailed 24 dental clinics all around my country. I basically offered to send them a video analyzing how their competitors get more visibility by using Google ads. For free. Should get a few responses this way.

morpheus007

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 11, 2022

- A month ago 18yo me finally realized he had wasted enough of his time and decided that he would build a digital marketing agency from scratch.
- Same guy and another member of this forum agreed to try and get 3 clients until Aug 15.
- Now back home, he reached out to 100 businesses across multiple niches to try and secure that elusive first paying client. In the meantime he ran Google ads for his dad's online store - for a period of a few days he got 1400 impressions and 260 clicks.
- Getting very few responses and 0 meetings booked he thought that the only way to progress is by doing more every day.
- Yesterday he watched a video tutorial on cold emailing which inspired him to come up with the following challenge:

Note: I know challenges aren't really a sustainable way to grow. But the aim is not to do 90 days then relax and go with the flow. It's to take me out of the comfort zone I'm currently in and have me take ACTION NOW. My idea with this is the sooner I start putting in the hard work, the sooner I get to my desired destination)

• DONT SPAM - offer value upfront and approach each situation in a personal way (EX: PDF with tips, Looms of me going over how their competitors are using Google ads etc etc)
  • See what’s working for each niche and double down on that. (EX: Dentists are usually busy and rarely check emails so a call to the mobile number they provided on their clinic's website is more appropriate.)

I will contact 24x90= 2160 unique businesses during this period. Assuming a open rate of 5% and a sign on rate of 10% this means I’ll close 10 clients. This will guarantee I get at least 10 paying clients. If I price my services at 500 leva (Bulgarian currency, roughly equates to 260 usd) per month I will be generating 5000 leva per month. That’s 60 000 leva per year. At 19 years old. If I do this for 2 years I will be at around 100k. I need only 20 clients at 500 per month or 14 clients at 750pm or 10 clients at 1000pm to make 10k per month or 120k per year. Which is well over my 2025 goal of 100 thousand leva income for the year.

So the GOAL is to get 10 paying clients ( or less but higher paying clients) in the next 90 days.

The REWARD is renewing my INSIDERS Membership for 6 months because it expires on the same date. No results = no renewal.

If I GIVE UP I have to do 2400 squats in 24 hours as a forfeit. Just because I despise squatting LOL

The BIGGEST OBSTACLE will be finding the time during the day to find leads, seed out the ones I don’t see myself working with, go through their pages and get their contact info, save that in a sheets document and finally reach out to them. Meanwhile I will be starting as a freshman in a notoriously hard university, trying to maintain and build new relationships, working out 3 or 4 times per week, reading good books and most importantly taking regular care of my mental health to keep away depression and anxiety (both of which have caused me problems in the past).

Even though my current situation is a bit complicated and people close to me keep saying stuff like “are you crazy doing this?!" I firmly believe the best time to start is RIGHT NOW. What is more important than this? Getting brainwashed in university for 4 whole years to then be spat out in the real life with 0 actual experience? Or maybe going out every weekend and getting drunk with people whose highest existential purpose is sloppy drunk s3x with strangers? Or travelling around Europe wasting my parents' hard earned money which they need to properly retire? I am aware it seems like I’m whining but honestly I can’t see myself doing anything else now. So even though my thoughts and emotions say it’s not logical, my rational self is dying to make this next step.

I will do my best to post monthly progress updates here mainly for my own benefit - to keep myself on track and to hear what the great minds of this community have to say about my venture, but I also sincerely hope someone can take away some kind of value from my wins and losses. Any questions, criticism or jokes on my behalf are appreciated as always!

Hey. Any updates on this? Got any replies from potential clients?

Zlatin Manahov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 15, 2022
Bulgaria

UPDATE:

I'm back! A lot has happened since my first entry here. After I made the post on September 15th, for 2 weeks I was very disciplined with my efforts. I was reaching out to businesses every day. I still wasn't getting a lot of responses but at least I was on the right track. It was a matter of time before I got my first paying client. I just had to stay consistent and keep on playing that gumball machine.

Then on August 29th I moved to university and everything changed. I found myself in a completely different world. Suddenly I was a lot more limited with the time available to me. In universities in my country freshmen students have something called "Orientation week". It's basically time to move in your dorm, get to know the campus and the people there and go to parties. I was busy from 9AM to 9PM basically every day during orientation. This made it very easy to get distracted from my hustle and unfortunately that's what I did.

After orientation week was over things didn't get more organized. It was actually even harder to focus. Because I met a bunch of people there I was constantly getting invited to go out and party. Every day and night I was out doing something. Could I have gave an hour or two of my day to stay consistent on this 90 day challenge? Maybe, if I really wanted to. The problem is that by moving to university completely changed my everyday life. I lost my routine and with it all the good habits I had built back at home. I know for a fact that most people my age would have done the same as me and go to the party where all the music, drinks and girls are. Problem is I don't want to be mediocre like most people. I know deep down
that I should work on my goals no matter what but it's just so hard to not give in to the FOMO. My brain just forgets that I have goals and leads me straight to another night of drinking. I can even imagine myself 4 years later: 23yo, just out of Uni and all I did was waste my time without a thing to show for it. Not being able to find a job because there are a million little minions just like me. F that. The truth about university is that it's like kindergarten for young adults. Yes it's the best place on earth if drinking every night, staying up until the morning, casual hookups and looking like the Walking Dead the next morning is your thing. But for me, I have things I want to accomplish in my life that require discipline, focus and hard work so I plan on doing Uni a bit differently than the rest.

This week I finally got my head back in the game thanks to having a few conversations with some close friends who I believe to be as ambitious as me. Thank you G, N and G, I'm grateful for you guys. Now I understand the assignment. I have to become a master of managing my time resource. I will have just a few hours free every day to work on my digital marketing agency so I must be extremely efficient. Yes I will have times where I loosen up but most nights I will be staying up to work, not to get drunk.

On the other hand, the university I go to has a start-up accelerator program. I might have to go and talk to them and see if I can pitch them some of my ideas.

Anyways, I am still mad at myself for not doing anything these past few weeks but at the same time I still haven't given up. The only way I lose here is if I give up. Today I did 30 minutes of work. Tomorrow I will do 45 and keep building on top of that. I'm here to stay and to hustle. It may not be with this business, during the next 5 years or whatever else but no matter what happens I will get out of the Rat Race.

Next update will be 30 days from now. I hope to bring some good news by then. Thank you for reading!

Zlatin Manahov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 15, 2022
Bulgaria
This is motivating.

I'm in on this and hope you keep going too!

Let's go my guy
Thanks a lot brother! I remember reading your "Getting my first YES" post on here a few months ago. It lit a fire under my a$$ haha. Very very motivating. Nice to see I motivated you back!

I believe in myself to keep going and never stop as should all of us. I see it like this: There's no single path to the top. You just have to keep walking on yours.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.