The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

6 Weeks 100 Sales

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Woo! So I'm temporarily off work (past week) & am not sure if I will be working or not due to the chaos within Vancouver.

My current net worth is about $2k which makes me fairly broke, I'll pay my rent for next month & feed myself and have around $1k or so left by the end of April (If I don't return to work, which I could possibly return but lets see)

On the positive side I do have a revenue generating business (not profit) and a measly 100 sales would be the same as my monthly salary @ $15 p/h x 160 hours. $2k post tax

Charging around $20 for my current product I'd need just 100 sales, roughly 16 sales per week to claim the same amount of income as my job, which actually is more than 40 hours a week, considering 10 hours in travel time per week!

But I actually wouldn't need that many sales to cover my rent/food, my expenses are just $1kish per month ($650 rent/$3-400 food)

So as a fast lane guinea pig I'll share my progress with everyone on the forum. Given a failure and not being able to rely on the current job market for income I am on a one way flight to homelessness's & starving on the street, funny enough I have been in that situation before since my whole life I've been a wage slave being a victim to the job market, MODEL citizenry at it's finest.

I've been planning on quitting my job anyways and will be moving by the end of April (I still have no place lined up so some effort will need to be put into that) Although if I cannot scrap enough money together for my living expenses I guess it won't matter to much?

Who else is being effected by this Corona stuff? What is your plan? Trust the government? We all know how much they care about you! :hilarious:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Whatcha sellin? Are people still buying it in the current situation? 16 doesn't sound like a lot... especially if you've got time to call, email, post, or advertise.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Whatcha sellin? Are people still buying it in the current situation? 16 doesn't sound like a lot... especially if you've got time to call, email, post, or advertise.

Yes people are still purchasing, it's a common use product, don't want to go into to much detail although I'm going up against grandfathered in brands that have monopolized the market, I do have some value skews which makes my product superior but am no match when it comes to marketing & distribution.

I have some issues as I'm manufacturing these in Canada & am not at all prepared for an influx of orders so I'll need to fix some of the issues. (problems along the way)

16 isn't alot but lets see if I can take market share from the big boys, It will take alot of selling.

One of my main competitors is doing around 25m with 100 employees or so. The vast majority of their traffic being big box retail stores, right now I'm just doing online (no online sales just door knocking sales,) So I feel quite optimistic about it, at the end of the day I think it's possible to take a little piece of the pie, or even exceed them.

At ''only'' 25m that's less than a few million people in the world purchasing the companies product. The size of Canada alone is around 37 million and it's not exactly unrealistic for me to serve millions of Canadians. But with that said there's no way I'd keep up with production, which leads me to thinking perhaps in the future if I experience that problem hiring someone to take care of that problem for me is the solution, not anywhere close ATM though!

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I've sold 80 units in my previous business in a single sale, so doing that again would completely alter the trajectory of my life, having no job due to the pandemic I'm off to sleep on the street within the next couple of months?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDniLwHktXY

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Tomorrow I'll shoot some content for IG & YT. Let's have some fun!

Lately a new hobby of mine has been basketball, in MJs video when he talks about batting .30% in baseball, I love to relate basketball and entrepreneurship together.

Taking shots is important and practicing over and over again. I can shoot 3 pointers in, most of the time I MISS though! The difference between me and MJ, cough the real MJ.... Michael Jordan, is the consistency and decades of practice he put in. 1on1 I could never beat him no matter how much I trained, or even come close to nailing in 3 pointers constantly as easily like him.

Change the game of basketball to snowboarding? He doesn't have a chance, the idea is the same in business, throw me and successful E-COM guys together with the same product, I'll get killed.

So what I need to do is just ''get better''

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6uVqWJbJOg

Today I wanted to get a caffeine booster so headed to the store, couldn't get any coffee as the cafes are shutdown, so I walked into the dollar store to see if they have those energy booster things, didn't have them and I walked by an old lady, she freaked out when I walked by her because of this Corona stuff, she yelled WATCH OUT! (lots of panic about social distancing) LOL.

Anywhoo I went to the gas station and couldn't get coffee there either so ended up getting a 3 buck redbull, and in the middle they had toy cars for sale, and I walked around looking at products on the shelf, it's interesting to see how people display their products on the shelf, how they package it, the colors they use etc.

Ended up buying my second Lamborghini! Just like MJ says about how a purchase has no effect on my life, I guess a real Lamborghini would be the same feeling, wow! Can't imagine that.

Back when I was a kid the game Need For Speed was always a big part of my childhood, and I've always wanted one of these cars since a little boy, yeh I know it's every kids dream to own one of these cars, but now it actually seems quite realistic to achieve.

I added some more content to my website and am about to go out to shoot some film for my brand which is pretty exciting.

From the book E-Myth which is one of the best books ever written it talks about managing operations, currently since I'm a one man army it's a hell of a lot of work. But it all feels familiar, Ive been in this process before. But holy crap is it time consuming!WIN_20200326_13_21_29_Pro.jpg

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Website coming along, I can see the vision before me.

Sometime I'll give paid marketing a go, just need to fix some problems first.

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
Interesting to read this. As it stands, an hour ago I got alerted by a manager that the company I work for is cutting jobs and I'll likely be jobless by the end of april (if I'm lucky). It's interesting that we're trying to go hard on entrepreneurship while this is all happening? I feel like the universe is talking in my ear. Maybe I'm a schizo :wideyed:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Interesting to read this. As it stands, an hour ago I got alerted by a manager that the company I work for is cutting jobs and I'll likely be jobless by the end of april (if I'm lucky). It's interesting that we're trying to go hard on entrepreneurship while this is all happening? I feel like the universe is talking in my ear. Maybe I'm a schizo :wideyed:

Right now is the perfect time!

(note this is from MJ's insta)

A job is like sitting in the bed of a pickup truck. You're exposed to the harsh elements while the driver of the truck sits comfortably in the drivers seat. And if the ride gets rough? You get jacked around or worse, tossed overboard. There is no control sitting in the back of a pickup truck, and to have this “strategy” at the heart of your financial plan is asinine. If you don’t control your income, you don’t control your financial plan. If you don’t control your financial plan, you don’t control your freedom. .
Ever hear someone regurgitate the shit-pile "starting a business is risky?" .
Oh, and having your lifetime earnings dictated by a faceless corporation who will shit-can you at a moment's notice isn't? (MJ DeMarco)

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
Right now is the perfect time!

(note this is from MJ's insta)

A job is like sitting in the bed of a pickup truck. You're exposed to the harsh elements while the driver of the truck sits comfortably in the drivers seat. And if the ride gets rough? You get jacked around or worse, tossed overboard. There is no control sitting in the back of a pickup truck, and to have this “strategy” at the heart of your financial plan is asinine. If you don’t control your income, you don’t control your financial plan. If you don’t control your financial plan, you don’t control your freedom. .
Ever hear someone regurgitate the shit-pile "starting a business is risky?" .
Oh, and having your lifetime earnings dictated by a faceless corporation who will shit-can you at a moment's notice isn't? (MJ DeMarco)
If you scroll down to the comments you'll see my comment in that photo. I saw it earlier while I was getting the news at work. I'm telling you, man. This really is the golden opportunity for me. Going to go door to door tomorrow morning for about an hour before work. Good luck on the online sales. Thinking of things in a mathematical way has been a game changer for me. Rather than needing 400 per month, I only need 2 clients that each pay me 200 bucks to make ends meet. After that I'm feeding my funds.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Wow, today was amazing. I'll have some more shoots to film for tomorrow as well but wanted to share something really cool today. May need to run an errand aswell (pickup supplies)

As I was filming a complete stranger came up to me and thanked me for what I was doing. Remember the value challenge from MJ? When he talks about smiling at people?

I had a total stranger thank me, AND smile! I'm definitely using that as more motivation.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Wooo! Have some extra variations of my product now. I'm also flirting with the addition of other products to deepen my brand strength.

This is one of the most exciting times in my life. I just need to put the work in.

I'm maybe a bit delusional but think this might be the big one.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Good luck on new variants.

Is there possibility to go B2B, additionally, with your products?
Maybe you could sell 100's in one go to businesses.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Good luck on new variants.

Is there possibility to go B2B, additionally, with your products?
Maybe you could sell 100's in one go to businesses.

That is a thought, although I'll need to ramp up production which is quite time consuming. Need to figure that one out and start calling up business's!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Just got a thought in my head, so my product is around $20, (also have variations and different price points) if a customer purchases and buys another the next month and so on, repeat purchases over the course of a year add up to $240, lets just ignore all the fees like website, shipping etc etc and focus on customer worth.

$240 for a single customer over the course of a year, 1k unique customers would be $240k

Cool to see the numbers, 5,000 customers could be worth nearly $1.2M

The current population of Vancouver in 2020 is 2,581,000. Marketing to the public with a 0.2% conversion rate would be 5,162 customers.

Can I get 5,162 customers?

Honestly even at a lower % of market share would be life altering, very inspiring.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I got 10x on audio. Listened to a bit of it, going to make it a habit to listen when I go out and do something.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Shot tons of content..... now for the driving traffic part!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
No sales as of yet online. Grr, not exactly driving traffic on IG or FB/YT

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
So I'm not having any engagement at all for my social media stuff.

I'd like to keep it organic but maybe throwing gasoline (paid ads) is really what I need to do..

Gonna go for a run listening to some 10x.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
One thing that never ceases to amaze me is what an absolutely cool guy you are. If I'm in your situation, I would probably have given up on life altogether but you're still cool af. It's like, even if Covid19 infects 99.9% of the population in the world, you can still be found sitting on the porch, drinking vodka while blasting some music and reading the sunday news......:clap::

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
One thing that never ceases to amaze me is what an absolutely cool guy you are. If I'm in your situation, I would probably have given up on life altogether but you're still cool af. It's like, even if Covid19 infects 99.9% of the population in the world, you can still be found sitting on the porch, drinking vodka while blasting some music and reading the sunday news......:clap::

well, you only get one life and tons of other people in the world are worse off than me. Atleast that's the way I've been looking at it lately.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Lately I've been reading this forum to much especially the corona gossip so I'll leave temporarily with a good note.

I know exactly what I need to do, and atm am flooded with responsibility,

Making content, getting my products, selling them, sourcing, researching, tons of stuff, problems are popping up and I need to solve these problems which is a whole nother level in itself, for the people that have already created business's I don't need to explain how much crap is involved.

Driving traffic to my store & managing production are my two biggest problems now, (there's a marketing campaign I'm about to do) So with good results we can start increasing revenue.

Production end I'm having some shortages of supplies with all the corona stuff so this may effect me more than expected, I'll figure it out in the meantime... I haven't even figured out totally on the shipping side as well and packaging isn't exactly complete either, I've barely scratched the surface, lol...

Wish me luck! Ill report my midway progress in the 2nd week of Apr. Have a great day.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Lately I've been reading this forum to much especially the corona gossip so I'll leave temporarily with a good note.

I know exactly what I need to do, and atm am flooded with responsibility,

Making content, getting my products, selling them, sourcing, researching, tons of stuff, problems are popping up and I need to solve these problems which is a whole nother level in itself, for the people that have already created business's I don't need to explain how much crap is involved.

Driving traffic to my store & managing production are my two biggest problems now, (there's a marketing campaign I'm about to do) So with good results we can start increasing revenue.

Production end I'm having some shortages of supplies with all the corona stuff so this may effect me more than expected, I'll figure it out in the meantime... I haven't even figured out totally on the shipping side as well and packaging isn't exactly complete either, I've barely scratched the surface, lol...

Wish me luck! Ill report my midway progress in the 2nd week of Apr. Have a great day.

Congrats on your journey my friend.

Yes we wear an entire Hat store of Hats when working on our business and budget does not allow much delegation to others.

Have you thought about doing some cross selling in your industry, another product/service that compliments your present one.

Having a joint venture with the competition where you fortify each others strength and weakness.

Approaching a Broker like Empire Flippers or F.E.I. to valuate your business for a potential Sale to interested Investors.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.