The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Coronavirus made me $780,000 in profit in 6 weeks

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2015
Perth
It's unfortunate we can't hear more about the nature of the hookup you managed to get! Totally understand why you want to keep it private but that's kinda the secret sauce to your success here isn't it? That, and the fact that they honoured their agreement with you in the face of orders from the big players.

Says a lot for the power of networking and people skills! Nice job.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
B

BrandonL

Bronze Contributor
May 10, 2010
It's unfortunate we can't hear more about the nature of the hookup you managed to get! Totally understand why you want to keep it private but that's kinda the secret sauce to your success here isn't it? That, and the fact that they honoured their agreement with you in the face of orders from the big players.

Says a lot for the power of networking and people skills! Nice job.
Half of it is definitely the power of the relationship they have with my friend's company who does A LOT for their company.

The other half is what I offered them - obviously monetary compensation was part of it. A "big player" as you describe would actually cause him to make less profit for two reasons:

1. I added to his profit right away by compensating him for holding product.

2. Big players want a bigger discount than me, so the final price I paid was higher than the big boys.

In the end, it made more sense financially and non-financially to work with me. And because of the unique situation with the virus and the economy, he is not at risk of losing any big customers because the big customers clearly understand demand is through the roof right now and that all suppliers are out of inventory.

It was kind of a perfect storm. The manufacturer was more focused on profits right now because he knows his revenue will dry up soon and for how long no one knows.

So the smartest decision was to work with me.

Last edited:

mikeyjd

Contributor
Dec 10, 2015
Michigan
Hey MJ,

I'm not selling the remaining freezers. If anything I would connect someone with the manufaturer, but not many people have $375k laying around ;-)

But I agree - the forum should not be a source for a freezer.
I'll take the rest :somber:

Venn

New Contributor
Aug 22, 2019
Rome
That sound insane! Really great job. I wouldn't even think about something like that.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Adaptation! Nice!

Coronavirus is actually brought us into a new chemical class... Alcohols. We have a couple of trucks of of product and a couple of trucks worth of demand at our price. I don't like to count the chickens before they hatch, but this looks good.

DavidIonesi

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 1, 2018
Romania
making a killing selling freezers
LoL! Ha! Ha! Ha! I didn't expect that. I was really curious to see through which avenue you made that profit. I didn't expect freezers to be a thing. I might consider buying stocks from companies that produce freezers Ha! Ha! (I'm joking on the last one, most probably the stocks already went up so there's no point in buying them, they'll drop after this recession)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Advanced Upwork Proposals II IS FINALLY LIVE! Here's a look at what's inside: Improved YOU...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In its infancy, we...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock