The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1731 business ideas to choose from (neatly categorized into 23 sections)

Idea threads

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 26, 2018
Hey everyone...thought I'd share this list of 1731 business ideas in case it helps someone looking for their next fastlane idea. Click on File > Make a Copy to save a copy on your own Google Drive (or download as a spreadsheet, etc).

I built this list by looking at the 23 major categories on Yelp. Once a business niche exists, and customers exist, it's likely on Yelp so customers can leave reviews...there is presumably a team of employees at Yelp who get paid to ensure that any business niche that exists is on their list as crowd-sourced reviews is the core of their business so it's likely very comprehensive.

How should you use this list?
However you want...but here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to try to figure out which businesses people are already searching Google for in my country/region by building a list of keywords from these business ideas appended with 'near me' or 'my country'.

e.g. hair salons near me

Then I'm going to launch Google ads with these thousands of keywords to gather impression data on a whiff of budget as @Andy Black says (probably less than $50USD). The ones that are getting the most impressions might be in demand, so I'll dig in more and figure out the next steps from there. I'll probably be referencing pages 314 onward in Unscripted at that point.

A peek of the 23 Categories:
Active Life
Arts & Entertainment
Automotive
Beauty & Spas
Bicycles
Education
Event Planning & Services
Financial Services
Food
Health & Medical
Home Services
Hotels & Travel
Local Flavor
Local Services
Mass Media
Nightlife
Pets
Professional Services
Public Services & Government
Real Estate
Religious Organizations
Restaurants
Shopping

Hope this helps,
Processpro.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey everyone...thought I'd share this list of 1731 business ideas in case it helps someone looking for their next fastlane idea. Click on File > Make a Copy to save a copy on your own Google Drive (or download as a spreadsheet, etc).

I built this list by looking at the 23 major categories on Yelp. Once a business niche exists, and customers exist, it's likely on Yelp so customers can leave reviews...there is presumably a team of employees at Yelp who get paid to ensure that any business niche that exists is on their list as crowd-sourced reviews is the core of their business.

How should you use this list?
However you want...but here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to try to figure out which businesses people are already searching Google for in my country/region by building a list of keywords from these business ideas appended with 'near me' or 'my country'.

e.g. hair salons near me

Then I'm going to launch Google ads with these thousands of keywords to gather impression data on a whiff of budget as @Andy Black says (probably less than $50USD). The ones that are getting the most impressions might be in demand, so I'll dig in more and figure out the next steps from there. I'll probably be referencing pages 314 onward in Unscripted at that point.

A peek of the 23 Categories:
Active Life
Arts & Entertainment
Automotive
Beauty & Spas
Bicycles
Education
Event Planning & Services
Financial Services
Food
Health & Medical
Home Services
Hotels & Travel
Local Flavor
Local Services
Mass Media
Nightlife
Pets
Professional Services
Public Services & Government
Real Estate
Religious Organizations
Restaurants
Shopping

Hope this helps,
Processpro.
Nice. Yelp etc are a treasure-trove.

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 26, 2018
Nice. Yelp etc are a treasure-trove.
What else do you use it for? I can think of looking for common complaints in one's niche that can be an opportunity for value skewing.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What else do you use it for? I can think of looking for common complaints in one's niche that can be an opportunity for value skewing.
I don't use it myself. I point people towards it who can't think of local service businesses they could help.

I'll look through that list though. I hadn't thought of running ads for everything and seeing what came top and focusing on that niche. Smart.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.