The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

14 y/o wanna-be-highschool(9th grade)- dropout.

Besides the basic knowledge,is the stuff taught in highschool(9-10thgrade)must for entrepreneurship?

• Total voters

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
You're one of the most bold and straight forward man I've ever talk to in my entire life(now don't make fun as I'm only 14 lol)

One of my only regrets was not dropping out of the earliest possible grade.

I should have told all of my elementary school teachers they were fat losers and I should've started hustling harder and doing stuff like cleaning off roofs and making 100k a year, starting the scalable service business I started when I was 21, and going all in.

I would've shaved off like 5 years of my life and I'd be a decamillionaire in my early 20's

School is for employees.

Since my regrets are all about not full sending things 5000%, that tells me the thing I need to do now is full send as much as I can.

All of this sounds like hyperbole but I am 100% serious.

But if you need encouragement to have some balls and drop out then you probably shouldn't. It's sort of a catch-22. It's a decision that should be based on which kind of person you are, so the only correct answer is if you know yourself enough to know which decision to make.
Yeah, I'm just here to get wisdom to rationalize my decision. Encouragement would be cherry on the top. I need to be the man, decide and then be accountable.
It's all up to me and my situation

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
I'm 14 y/o as you could see in the title. An indian guy, rn in 9th grade. I've read the millionaire fastlane and halfway through the 4 hour work week by tim. In addition to that, I've consumed a lot of business content on yt and articles. Watched all the buisness vidoes of Hamza(he's an youtuber, some of you might know him) as well as his self improvement videos. So, I'm not here merely to attain wisdom and be a leeche. I've some wisdom to provide too. I'm yet to pursue a fastlane business. I haven't had decided it yet. I'm pretty confused. I need to journal and read a chapter of the millionaire fastlane thoroughly again which I'm gonna do after this. So I was about to ask if you guys have some advice for me regarding dropping out. I've been pretty anxious about this for the last week. I'm havin a hard time deciding whether I should drop out and what to do next. So I'd be hella grateful if I get some help fellas. Please help your new homie. And thanks a lot Mj for the millionaire fastlane. I can't express my gratitude for you.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRG2jlQWCsY

D

Deleted106527

I have been following this thread with interest since the start of it and I honestly think it's time I got my 5 cents in.
There's lot of things I would also want to say, but the other members of this forum have done a great job of saying most of it.

I mean this in the nicest way possible (although someone your age needs a bit of "harsh reality" too), but I am in awe at how insufferable you are.

You think you've got it all figured out just because you watch some videos, read some books and journal? I know there's some value/knowledge in all of these things, but they mostly don't mean sh*t in the real world.
Now, I used to watch Hamza's videos before I quit YouTube, so I know most of what he says and I also know that most of his advice isn't that bad (He helped me turn my life around for the better before I got into the Fastlane), but this thread is definitely not what he would stand for.

Please, at least go to Hamza's discord and ask the same questions there (maybe you'll listen to the people there) and also give yourself a bit of time (maybe a year) to develop and then come back and reread what you wrote here. Most likely, you'll regret it/cringe at it, which is completely normal & healthy at that age (Take it from someone who posted similar things at 13 years old) - cringing at your past self means you've grown.

So please, don't stunt your social development by dropping out of school to focus on mostly worthless books & videos (I mean, isn't Hamza also preaching to consume less YouTube/social media? Watching self-improvement or business-videos the whole day doesn't exactly make it better)

P.

Elisenzue

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 12, 2022
I'm 14 y/o as you could see in the title. An indian guy, rn in 9th grade. I've read the millionaire fastlane and halfway through the 4 hour work week by tim. In addition to that, I've consumed a lot of business content on yt and articles. Watched all the buisness vidoes of Hamza(he's an youtuber, some of you might know him) as well as his self improvement videos. So, I'm not here merely to attain wisdom and be a leeche. I've some wisdom to provide too. I'm yet to pursue a fastlane business. I haven't had decided it yet. I'm pretty confused. I need to journal and read a chapter of the millionaire fastlane thoroughly again which I'm gonna do after this. So I was about to ask if you guys have some advice for me regarding dropping out. I've been pretty anxious about this for the last week. I'm havin a hard time deciding whether I should drop out and what to do next. So I'd be hella grateful if I get some help fellas. Please help your new homie. And thanks a lot Mj for the millionaire fastlane. I can't express my gratitude for you.
Maybe it will be good to drop out from school, but don't base your decision on people advices. You'll be fully aware if that decision is really needed for your improvements.
My advice is to start first your business, struggle to develop it and then, it's only then you feel in your gut (with a wise assessment of pros and cons) that you need to drop, that you should do it.
Stay hard homie

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Apr 17, 2022
Besides socializing, is there some more problems or downsides?
Pros:
- You get a lot of free time which you could use to build a business.

Cons:
- You won't be able to use your newly found free time to its full potential, since it takes several years of hard work to learn how to actually use your time properly.

- You will miss out on socializing in a group, and you will never be able to replicate this experience in any meaningful way. Sure, you can always have a group of friends outside school, but being in school gives you 10x-100x better opportunities for socializing. Don't miss out on this, since it will never come back.

- You will skip the most important subjects that they do teach in school, Math and English. Everything in business involves Math, and you will have to master English if you want to be very persuasive.

- Even some of the subjects that you regard as useless in business, such as History or Geography, will broaden your understanding of this world and will increase the probability of success.

You may be smart, and you do have some knowledge, but you do not have wisdom. There are many things that you know you don't know, but many more things that you don't know you don't know.
You can't make a rational decision whether to drop out or not, because you don't know the outcomes of each possibility, you can only imagine what would happen, or you can take some advice from others that are older than you.

Build a business first.
I know some very successful people that have dropped out of school, but all of them have created their business while in school and dropped out only after the business took off.

If you believe that being in school is the main obstacle that prevents you from building a successful business, then building a business is not for you.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
I'm interested/committed to online business so I don't to get mortgage, business loans etc
That's right, because online businesses don't need any money at all to set up and run.

Good luck developing your software, driving traffic and handling your millions of customer enquiries singlehandedly.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
I have been following this thread with interest since the start of it and I honestly think it's time I got my 5 cents in.
There's lot of things I would also want to say, but the other members of this forum have done a great job of saying most of it.

I mean this in the nicest way possible (although someone your age needs a bit of "harsh reality" too), but I am in awe at how insufferable you are.

You think you've got it all figured out just because you watch some videos, read some books and journal? I know there's some value/knowledge in all of these things, but they mostly don't mean sh*t in the real world.
Now, I used to watch Hamza's videos before I quit YouTube, so I know most of what he says and I also know that most of his advice isn't that bad (He helped me turn my life around for the better before I got into the Fastlane), but this thread is definitely not what he would stand for.

Please, at least go to Hamza's discord and ask the same questions there (maybe you'll listen to the people there) and also give yourself a bit of time (maybe a year) to develop and then come back and reread what you wrote here. Most likely, you'll regret it/cringe at it, which is completely normal & healthy at that age (Take it from someone who posted similar things at 13 years old) - cringing at your past self means you've grown.

So please, don't stunt your social development by dropping out of school to focus on mostly worthless books & videos (I mean, isn't Hamza also preaching to consume less YouTube/social media? Watching self-improvement or business-videos the whole day doesn't exactly make it better)

P.
Everyone's the telling the same shit. Have you had read my replies?. I clearly have written there that I dont have figure it all out being vulnerable. No one does at the beginning. We aren't supposed to figure it all out before the start.

What do you mean by stunting your self improvement goals? The thing that is stunting my self improvement growth is school.
Have a look at my schedule that I've posted as reply. I need half an hour of more sleep and I can merely do half an hour of meditation. Hamza recommends an hour of meditation. This is just because of school.

Not to mention, I merely got 2 hours to work on business and entrepreneurial stuff.
And to make matter worse, the 2 hours that I got are me being mentally and physically drained after school. You've probably know the term deep work? Now you say, how much my productivity is declined just because of worthless school?

I just need to know the downsides of dropping out besides socialization.

Yeah thanks for the recommendation of his discord server. I totally fogot about it lol.
I've asked Hamza on his yt channel thrice. But he ignored or not seen the comment the first time, the second time he deleted it. And then the third time he restricted me to comment.

It hurts why he did so. Anyways.

Why do you think it's dumb to drop out now?
Plz articulate yourself. I'm open to all the criticism homie. Don't let your criticism bother just for me to not get offended. Probably you wouldn't.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
That's right, because online businesses don't need any money at all to set up and run.

Good luck developing your software, driving traffic and handling your millions of customer enquiries singlehandedly.
Lol like your sarcasm btw. Generally it doesn't. Opening a yt channel dosent require start up cost. Just a internet and phone which I have as I'm here. Freelancing doesn't cost any money. Perhaps joining fiverr cost. I'm not sure. Do blogging cost money. Hell no it dosent.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
School isn't preventing me to build a business but it's hindering my productivity as it did for every other entrepreneur. It'd be hard to stay discipline all day but I'm willing to do whatever it takes. My point is I can still work on business as a side hustle but it wouldn't be as productive as it could be if I drop out
Pros:
- You get a lot of free time which you could use to build a business.

Cons:
- You won't be able to use your newly found free time to its full potential, since it takes several years of hard work to learn how to actually use your time properly.
Alright. I can't use my time to its full pote intial right now. But it'd be 5x better to have more time for my business. Not to mention the mental energy required to be productive.
- You will miss out on socializing in a group, and you will never be able to replicate this experience in any meaningful way. Sure, you can always have a group of friends outside school, but being in school gives you 10x-100x better opportunities for socializing. Don't miss out on this, since it will never come back.
So what's the purpose of having a group of friends?
- to increase social skills
-to get wisdom from them
-to get called out on my mistakes by them so that I can grow
-to feel happy not lonely, consequently, resulting in great mental health
-to start a business together
"Your network is your net worth"

All of my friends are dumb anyway. Speaking facts, they have little to no clue about time management and productivity.
They aren't on self improvement. They think wealth is for other people not for us.
They play it safe. They aren't attractive.

But, they've good sense of humor, they merely do one self improvement activity that is semen retention/no fap. They study hard whilst sacrificing sleep.

So...it's not worth having a group like that.
They also sometimes bring people down and insult each other. I know the difference between kidding/teasing a bit and intentionally insulting someone.

But my gym buddy ain't that way. He's mature. I've mentioned him in replies.

My socail skills are actually pretty good as I've mentioned it in the replies too. I still need to develop them wayyy more.

- You will skip the most important subjects that they do teach in school, Math and English. Everything in business involves Math, and you will have to master English if you want to be very persuasive.
I'm in 9th grade. So with the knowledge that I've in maths right now, am I not good to go? I dunno about what you've learnt in school but in my case, they're teaching shit. Why the hell do I have to rationalize the F*cking denominator to suceed in business. Why do I need to simplify those integers-equation? And all this bs. We've gotta go more deep in order to truly know if it's worth it.

Persuasion is a skill. It can be learnt. What do you think how's my grammar so far? And school books aren't the sole medium to have a good vocabulary. I can enhance my vocabulary by reading self improvement books all the while getting crucial knowledge. And even with being here on this forum.
So do I still need school for this purpose?

- Even some of the subjects that you regard as useless in business, such as History or Geography, will broaden your understanding of this world and will increase the probability of success.
How much? It's mandatory to know if you're saying this with a Any-benefit mindset. Is it really mandatory to study more about history and geography in school? I'm in 9th grade.
You may be smart, and you do have some knowledge, but you do not have wisdom. There are many things that you know you don't know, but many more things that you don't know you don't know.
You can't make a rational decision whether to drop out or not, because you don't know the outcomes of each possibility, you can only imagine what would happen, or you can take some advice from others that are older than you.
Older people? Parents and teachers? They already know about my business obsession and my teachers are slow laners. My dad has a business but it ain't fastlane. He has give me the autonomy. He highly encourage me to get into busienss. He believes that everything should be done at certain age in life so he doesn't want me to focus on busienss right now. I'd be back going to tuition. Have to write much more stuff.
Build a business first.
I know some very successful people that have dropped out of school, but all of them have created their business while in school and dropped out only after the business took off.

If you believe that being in school is the main obstacle that prevents you from building a successful business, then building a business is not for you.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
In your first post, you wrote this "I'm havin a hard time deciding whether I should drop out and what to do next." It seems to me that you have already decided to drop out. You are now looking for people to give you more reasons to validate your choice rather than being open to changing it.

Fair enough. It is your life, mate. If this is what you want to do, go for it. No one here can give you the courage to make the jump; it can only come from within.

But dropping out of school because you don't have enough time is pure BS. I looked at your schedule:

5:30 am- wake up
5:30-6:00 am-gratiude journaling, reviewing goals,getting ready to go to the park for working out/calishthenics.
6:00-7:30 am- workout/calishthenics
(Mediation somewhere between 7:15 to 8:50 or something. Varies due to different workout sessions on different days. But generally it's between 25 minutes. I know it's short but so is my life. It's a bit puzzled too.).
7:30-8:35 am- get ready for school
8:35am-2:15 pm -school(including getting ready and reaching)

2:15-3:45 pm-eating,reading self improvement books(including entrepreneurial ones)
3:45-6:00 pm- Tution for about 1hr to 1hr 30 mins somedays it varies, half an hour of joking around with friends cuz it's essential for enhancing mental health
6:00-6:30 pm - reading self improvement books again.
6:30-8:30 pm- studying worthless school books to get good grades cuz parents are forcing.
8:30-9:00 pm-getting ready to sleep,eating,applying face masks for acne
9:00 pm-5:30 am- sleepin'

You make it look like you have only 2 hours. I have highlighted your real commitments: you have 4 hours available from the get-go during the week + your weekends. That is without optimizing your schedule (1:00 to get ready for school?). So the lack of time is either an excuse or a lack of skill in managing your priorities.

My pieces of advice:

1. Think about what you can or can't do without parental consent at your age (I have no clue) and factor that into your decision. If parental consent slows you down more than going to school, it is not wise to drop out without your parents' support. Even more so if you need capital to start.

2. Drop out only after earning the money you need to survive for 3 consecutive months. Many of the books you have read don't convey what it is to actually do it, especially emotionally. I saw your schedule, and you have more than enough time to do this. If you can't, that is your first hurdle: manage your priorities and make time to get shit done.

3. Act more, read less. You don't build muscle by reading books on how to build muscles. You work out. if you have read TMF you have more than enough. Start taking real action. Just reading is action faking.

If you can't start generating money with the time you have available now, don't think about scaling a business. Don't even think about dropping out. You can't scale 0.

Last edited:

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Lol like your sarcasm btw. Generally it doesn't. Opening a yt channel dosent require start up cost. Just a internet and phone which I have as I'm here. Freelancing doesn't cost any money. Perhaps joining fiverr cost. I'm not sure. Do blogging cost money. Hell no it dosent.
Will you have an internet and phone when your parents find out you dropped out of school?

How will you do your paper route when you're grounded?

Or are phones & internet free in your country?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Brain hack: Ask yourself good questions.

Instead of: “This is boring.” (shoulders drop) … ask yourself “How can I make this more interesting?” (you sit forward suddenly attentive).

Instead of: “This is a waste of time.” … ask yourself “How can this be applied?”

Etc.

PS: “I don’t have time” normally means you did something else instead. It’s often about prioritisation.

Rossoneri

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 13, 2020
Virginia
Please stay in school. If you have proper time management you definitely have enough time to build a business in school. Currently I run a small real estate business earning me around 6k a month, all built while starting my senior year. You definitely at least have 2-3 hours a day, more so on the weekends. You don't need to go grind mode to build a business, it's all about using whatever time you have to the fullest extent. School had a foundational effect for me, it was the thing that got me out of bed and my mind running, even if it's for useless stuff. Also, school does have one useful skill; the skill of learning shit when you don't feel like it. Because you'll definitely need to learn stuff that you don't like in business.

On the other hand if you really want to drop out, at least start executing on a business. You probably already read this from the others but executing is a lot different than theory or reading.

kebman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jan 21, 2022
Oslo
I just posted How My Friend Became A Millionaire in here, and it wasn't from dropping out of school. In fact he did the opposite, and studies hard. You can read his tory if you find the post (what am I saying I can just link it lol).

In general, it's always better to finish your basic education. With that said, and after having seen the poll, I can whole-heartedly say that most of the things you learn, such as geography or history, aren't conducive to becoming rich. But if you want to get into a profession or get a degree, you sadly might still need to focus in those useless topics. I'm not saying this as your regular guy on the sidewalk, btw. I'm a licensed teacher.

There are stories of kids dropping out of school to become rich, but sadly most of them are outliers. They are the exceptions. If you decide to do it later on, however, like when you're in college or in uni, then it's another store. Because then you're mature enough to start your own business. And if that's the case, then go right ahead! It's still a little risky, but a lot less risky than doing it at 14.

On the flipside, my own father left the country when he was 14. He went down to the harbour and got a slip from a captain that he brought to my grandmother. He joyously told her that "Mommy, I've gotten a summer job at a fishing boat! Gonna be trawling the fjord this summer, but I need your signature here to be allowed to do it!" Then he presented the dotted line to my grandmother, and she happily signed it, while being proud of her son. Except when he folded the full letter out it said AFRICA, ONE YEAR. ;) Despite of this, my father did quite well, and he did indeed become rich for a time, but then he lost it again in the crash of '89.

Edit: So what I really want to say, is that you seem to have a plan. Most kids your age don't. This is very important, because that could be the deciding factor in your decision. Because kids who drop out because they're lazy or dumb, will always - ALWAYS - end up in the gutter somewhere, begging on the sidewalk. Meanwhile, if you have a plan, and if you have a drive, and if you spend ALL YOUR WAKING ENERGY on your plan, reading, working, reading more, watching tutorials, building your dream, then you CAN indeed become free. But you're taking a HUGE risk. It requires A LOT of maturity to take what you're doing to the next level. And you will miss out on a TON of important education, especially within mathematics and the hard sciences. So if you just do ONE thing, then make sure you take the math class seriously. Especially algebra, as it's more important than ever now with programming and computers.

Last edited:

kebman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jan 21, 2022
Oslo
Calligraphy. If you ask many people if it can be useful in business, they will certainly say no. You know that brand called Apple and that fellow that was called Steve Jobs? Well, this is what he said:

When I was attending the calligraphy classes at college, I could never imagine that skill or learning will have any practical application in my life. But 10 years later when we were designing the first Macintosh computer, it all came back to me. And we designed all of my learning into the Mac. Had I never dropped in on that calligraphy course in college, the Mac would have never had multiple typefaces or beautifully proportionate font styles.”

What he learned in a calligraphy class became a driving force behind what is now a trillion-dollar company.
--
Now tell me:

How would you know the financial situation of your business if you can't run numbers? How would you determine which opportunities to go after? How will you know what you can afford to spend? You runway? (math)

Who will buy what you sell if your copy is full of grammatical errors and misspelled words? Who will if you can't write a persuasive and convincing copy? Tell me how you plan to lead and manage people (if you plan to scale your business) if you can't communicate well? (grammar).

Science is a broad term that can mean a whole lot. For the sake of the reply, I will take the broad definition of science. Here are a few ways it helps:
- analytics are rooted in science. The chance that you will have to use the analytics is pretty high.
- psychology gives you the tools to understand how people behave. I am guessing you are planning to convince people to give your their money? Psychology plays a role there
- A/B testing and many ways of running experiments are also rooted in science

I can't think of any area of life that doesn't benefit from science. The mental models from science are extremely valuable in all walks of life.

Education is failing our young by doing a terrible job of showing how what is thought can be used outside of class. You don't see now how it will be useful to you, but it is. Certain things can only be seen in hindsight. Learn the first principles of what is being taught to you. It will enrich your life and any ventures you will take.
Calligraphy has very high esteem in Asian countries. Just take a look on how it's treated in most of their Kung Fu movies lol! Over there it's the truest of art, and what you practise when you're not practising sword fighting. Not sure how it's conducive to becoming rich, but... It sure is a noble art! And one I practise myself, of course. ;)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I already have the basic knowledge required as I'm in 9th grade.
I’m sure this will elicit another snarky response, but here goes.

You know what I think? I think you came here looking to be emboldened in your decision to drop out, thought you had wisdom to share, and were surprised when no one was impressed or encouraged you to quit.

Stick around, humble yourself, and keep your head in making yourself as effective, competent as possible to catch up with your confidence.

Had you come on here and said, “I am near the top in my class, I have shown a pattern of highly self motivated learning, and I want to get a running start on life,” maybe we would have heard you out, but instead, you showed your age, inexperience, and naïvety.

This, by the way, is all coming from one of the most anti-institutionalized schooling people on this forum.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

you don't need to finish high school to be a successful businessman, just like you don't need to have arms to be a track star.

But why would you chop off your arms if your goal is to run track? They're free, and you might need them.

(thinking about this more, you actually do use your arms for momentum and it's a poor analogy but you get the idea)

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
In your first post, you wrote this "I'm havin a hard time deciding whether I should drop out and what to do next." It seems to me that you have already decided to drop out. You are now looking for people to give you more reasons to validate your choice rather than being open to changing it.
Not really. I'm completely open to the criticism you guys are providing. I'm just seeking the truth and rationality. Then after analyzing pretty much all the pros and cons, I'd take the leap. Cuz this is a very consequential decision. I've gotta take analyzed risk.
Fair enough. It is your life, mate. If this is what you want to do, go for it. No one here can give you the courage to make the jump; it can only come from within.
Yeah, gotta be the man and decide.
But dropping out of school because you don't have enough time is pure BS. I looked at your schedule:
The thing is, 80% of the things taught in school are worthless for an individual and even more for entrepreneurs. And I'm not sure if I need more knowledge from school. Cuz I'm in 9th grade. I'm know stuffs that are far away from basic that are taught in school. So the point is that I wanna dropout cuz school is not teaching me what I actually need. So I think a better approach is to choose a fastlane business, then work on it, get to 1k a month and the drop the F*ck out of the F*cking worthless school and ditch those fatty a$$ motherfuckers who says education is the key.
You make it look like you have only 2 hours. I have highlighted your real commitments: you have 4 hours available from the get-go during the week + your weekends. That is without optimizing your schedule (1:00 to get ready for school?). So the lack of time is either an excuse or a lack of skill in managing your priorities.

No, you got me wrong. There, i had written that from 6 to 7:30 I workout. The workout last from 1 hr 15 mins to 1hr 30 mins on different days there are different workout sessions(push pull leg).
And then half an hour of meditation from 7:30 to 8:00. And then it takes me half an hour to get ready for school and have breakfast. And then by 8:35 I head to school.
Don't say I'm bad at time management.,(not offended , don't read it with a angry tonality lol). I've literally track every single frickin second. And it becomes ridiculous when I made a timing to piss and take a shit lol. I've tracked every second.

And the real motive to drop is to achieve my goal faster. Cuz it doesn't make sense to just wait and have fun. A person replying to this saying I'm just 14 don't rush things stay in school and have fun. Bro what the F*ck is wrong with you( not saying to You lol). Why wait? And for what the heck to wait for? For the time to pass by?
School is draining my energy. But at the same time my discipline skill is increasing. Almost everyone here got the any-benefit mindset.
It hinders my productivity. What about deep work,huh? I hate being told what to do. Why the F*ck does it bother them if got long and stylish hair. F*ck you, it's my life, my hair, I'll do whatever the F*ck I want.
"Can I go to toilet"
-no sit here.
"Why?"
-Cuz I'm the teacher.

F*ck what?
You're the F*cking teacher so what?
That's a side topic though. Just dumping the anger on the thread lol.
My pieces of advice:

1. Think about what you can or can't do without parental consent at your age (I have no clue) and factor that into your decision. If parental consent slows you down more than going to school, it is not wise to drop out without your parents' support. Even more so if you need capital to start.
Mhm. If start making 1k a month then I'd be good. 1k in India is 70k. After making 1k, I'm gonna dropout or even before that if I change my mind.

1. Drop out only after earning the money you need to survive for 3 consecutive months. Many of the books you have read don't convey what it is to actually do it, especially emotionally. I saw your schedule, and you have more than enough time to do this. If you can't, that is your first hurdle: manage your priorities and make time to get shit done.
Yeah. nah it won't help. My parents won't agree at that point. Gotta go to 800 pounds a month or 1k

1. Act more, read less. You don't build muscle by reading books on how to build muscles. You work out. if you have read TMF you have more than enough. Start taking real action. Just reading is action faking.
What is tmf? Gonna consider it. Not in all the cases. I know why you guys say this cuz it's easy to get overwhelmed by all this information. I'd assure that I'm spending only the necessary amount of time on both reading and working on the business. "Knowing what to do is worthless if you don't have discipline. Having discipline is equally worthless if you don't know what to do."
-mah two brain cells
If you can't start generating money with the time you have available now, don't think about scaling a business. Don't even think about dropping out. You can't scale 0.
I didn't say I can't. But it's way more of a headache for nothing, makes it more harder and requires much more time to reach the point where I'll be making enough money.
My pieces of advice:

2. Drop out only after earning the money you need to survive for 3 consecutive months. Many of the books you have read don't convey what it is to actually do it, especially emotionally. I saw your schedule, and you have more than enough time to do this. If you can't, that is your first hurdle: manage your priorities and make time to get shit done.

3. Act more, read less. You don't build muscle by reading books on how to build muscles. You work out. if you have read TMF you have more than enough. Start taking real action. Just reading is action faking.

Conclusion?
Analyze if I need the education taught in school in 9th grade. What do you think? It depends on the business, right? So first find a fastlane business satisfying the 5 commandments. It don't necessarily have to satisfy all the commandments. Just there scale,time(automation/passive income) and need. But the more the better.
Then acknowledge what knowledge and skill set it requires. So if it requires what am I getting taught in school in 9th grade, then I shouldn't drop out? Or should i just drop out and even if school is teaching that, I'd learn in on the internet(with distraction i acknowledge it) cuz it's wayyyyyyy more affective as the business would probably require only 2 to 3 subjects and school teach a ton of subjects 11 or 12.

And yeah yeah. I was the guy who has JUST written that I'd dropout only after making 1k but no. I'd somehow convince my parents.

And let alone socializing. I know what to do. I would still have friends after dropping out and meet them on alternate days. And the exciting part is that now a friend of mine whom I've mentioned on this thread a couple of time wants to partner together. And the sad part is that he doesn't know much about busienss. But I'd synthesize the information for him and he'd read books. I still remember the wisdom of Mj on busienss partners. Choose them wisely and have similar values.

So is it the right decision fellas?
I'm gonna decide what business I'm gonna pursue right away. And would come back after knowing.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
Not really. I'm completely open to the criticism you guys are providing. I'm just seeking the truth and rationality. Then after analyzing pretty much all the pros and cons, I'd take the leap. Cuz this is a very consequential decision. I've gotta take analyzed risk.

The thing is, 80% of the things taught in school are worthless for an individual and even more for entrepreneurs. And I'm not sure if I need more knowledge from school. Cuz I'm in 9th grade. I'm know stuffs that are far away from basic that are taught in school. So the point is that I wanna dropout cuz school is not teaching me what I actually need. So I think a better approach is to choose a fastlane business, then work on it, get to 1k a month and the drop the f*ck out of the f*cking worthless school and ditch those fatty a$$ motherfuckers who says education is the key.

No, you got me wrong. There, i had written that from 6 to 7:30 I workout. The workout last from 1 hr 15 mins to 1hr 30 mins on different days there are different workout sessions(push pull leg).
And then half an hour of meditation from 7:30 to 8:00. And then it takes me half an hour to get ready for school and have breakfast. And then by 8:35 I head to school.

Don't say I'm bad at time management.,(not offended , don't read it with a angry tonality lol). I've literally track every single frickin second. And it becomes ridiculous when I made a timing to piss and take a shit lol. I've tracked every second.

And the real motive to drop is to achieve my goal faster. Cuz it doesn't make sense to just wait and have fun. A person replying to this saying I'm just 14 don't rush things stay in school and have fun. Bro what the f*ck is wrong with you( not saying to You lol). Why wait? And for what the heck to wait for? For the time to pass by?
School is draining my energy. But at the same time my discipline skill is increasing. Almost everyone here got the any-benefit mindset.
It hinders my productivity. What about deep work,huh? I hate being told what to do. Why the f*ck does it bother them if got long and stylish hair. f*ck you, it's my life, my hair, I'll do whatever the f*ck I want.
"Can I go to toilet"
-no sit here.
"Why?"
-Cuz I'm the teacher.

f*ck what?
You're the f*cking teacher so what?

Mhm. If start making 1k a month then I'd be good. 1k in India is 70k. After making 1k, I'm gonna dropout or even before that if I change my mind.

Yeah. nah it won't help. My parents won't agree at that point. Gotta go to 800 pounds a month or 1k

What is tmf? Gonna consider it. Not in all the cases. I know why you guys say this cuz it's easy to get overwhelmed by all this information. I'd assure that I'm spending only the necessary amount of time on both reading and working on the business. "Knowing what to do is worthless if you don't have discipline. Having discipline is equally worthless if you don't know what to do."
-mah two brain cells

I didn't say I can't. But it's way more of a headache for nothing, makes it more harder and requires much more time to reach the point where I'll be making enough money.

Conclusion?
Analyze if I need the education taught in school in 9th grade. What do you think? It depends on the business, right? So first find a fastlane business satisfying the 5 commandments. It don't necessarily have to satisfy all the commandments. Just there scale,time(automation/passive income) and need. But the more the better.
Then acknowledge what knowledge and skill set it requires. So if it requires what am I getting taught in school in 9th grade, then I shouldn't drop out? Or should i just drop out and even if school is teaching that, I'd learn in on the internet(with distraction i acknowledge it) cuz it's wayyyyyyy more affective as the business would probably require only 2 to 3 subjects and school teach a ton of subjects 11 or 12.

And yeah yeah. I was the guy who has JUST written that I'd dropout only after making 1k but no. I'd somehow convince my parents.

And let alone socializing. I know what to do. I would still have friends after dropping out and meet them on alternate days. And the exciting part is that now a friend of mine whom I've mentioned on this thread a couple of time wants to partner together. And the sad part is that he doesn't know much about busienss. But I'd synthesize the information for him and he'd read books. I still remember the wisdom of Mj on busienss partners. Choose them wisely and have similar values.

I'm gonna decide what business I'm gonna pursue right away. And would come back after knowing.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
I don't journal everyday. I only journal when I've something to get clarity about and to decide. But I do gratitude journaling everyday that requires a couple of minutes despite that is has a high ROI.
Nah, can't ditch meditation. In fact you should meditate regularly for 10-30 minutes. It'll increase your productivity by 200%-500%. Besides that, you'll be more present, grounded, happy , consequently, resulting in a great social life. Not to mention you'd be on the path of reaching enlightenment. Meditation is non negotiable. Everyone must do this. It makes you more discipline as well.

Have you read deep work? Must recommend reading it. And 4 hour work week? There's a concept of deep work. That is, a person can produce great results working for 4 hours a day. After that, the outcome quality reduces drastically. And even the four hours is for the peoples who has been enhancing their mental health with all the practical ways and trying to get into flow state for 2 or 3years straight.

So after a long day of school and stuff my result would suffer. The grades as well as the business. Not to mention I've also lost the time in the morning cuz yesterday the school schedule got changed. And now the school timing is from 6:45 to 11:45. But, i need to reach school at 6:30 cuz my school is dumb so for that I've to head out to school at 6 15 and wake up at 5 30 to get ready. WOOOOHOO. My whole schedule is screwed up because of school. Cheers.

What are those downsides? This is what i wanna know. Could you please explain

Nah can't do that. Parents won't agree.
200 - 500% more effective due to meditation? You're joking me. Why are you so concerned with productivity right now if you think school is a waste of time anyway?

I have read all of those books you've mentioned, but I've also ran companies while doing other other stuff. That's why I'm saying you have tons of time to run a business.

You say what are the downsides? I'm very familiar with the current business environment in India. I think its incredibly competitive, there's so many people trying to make it, but also so many people trying to move out. Without a high school education, and also being from a 3rd world country, you have a severe disadvantage compared to pretty much everyone else in the world. I wish it wasn't like this, but that's the unfortunate way the world works. Good luck moving to another country, getting investment, or hiring top talent with a barely 9th grade education in India. Moving to another country that has far more access to capital, would be 1000% easier with education.

India as a society places more weight on education, status, and family background than almost any other country in the world when it comes to doing business. There is tons of money being made, but most of the money is going to people already at the top in terms of wealth, caste, status, education, etc.

At least work on your communication skills. They are lacking.

Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
you don't need to finish high school to be a successful businessman, just like you don't need to have arms to be a track star.

But why would you chop off your arms if your goal is to run track? They're free, and you might need them.

(thinking about this more, you actually do use your arms for momentum and it's a poor analogy but you get the idea)

Your analogy is perfect.

I mean, the arms are extra weight. Clearly arms are what is holding him back. He could go faster if he was lighter.

Why does no one understand this?

Don't tell him that all track stars have arms. He doesn't want to hear it.

In order to appreciate that his arms give him momentum, he would either need to have an appreciation of science, the ability to listen to others, or the wisdom that comes from life experience, and, well, yeah...

Can't wait for the potato progress thread. This should be really good.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Then you know it all. Job done.

All you need to do is IPO and ching ching ching.

Drop those value bombs baby!

This homey don't need no cheddar to make it rain, yo! He ain't F*cking with the count either. Math? F*ckit. His boyz will RESPERENT with'e da bling. Wessssideee gansta style... You don't need no education, just drugs, booze and alcohol. I saw it on U-tub. Truth.
:troll:

P.S. Robert Wills = Awakened Potato?

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Definitely not him.
Robert was really good at ignoring comments he didn't like.

I didn't actually read the whole thread, but got such a strong troll vibe that it reminded me of RW. RW was articulate too, you are likely right. This kid by contrast, makes 4 spelling errors in a word "F*ck". Hard to take him seriously :fistbump:.

Jack Hammer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Sep 19, 2018
Best of both worlds: Home school. You can probably go through the material in a few hours and have the rest of the day to do what you want. For socializing, be involved in youth sports or orchestra or whatever.

I'm in 9th grade. So with the knowledge that I've in maths right now, am I not good to go?
If you invest $100 with 7% continuous compounding interest, how much money will you have after 6 months? If you don't know how to solve it without an online finance calculator or your answer is "$103.50, duh", then no, you're not good to go. Oh, and be sure to take statistics sometime.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada

The thing is, 80% of the things taught in school are worthless for an individual and even more for entrepreneurs. And I'm not sure if I need more knowledge from school. Cuz I'm in 9th grade. I'm know stuffs that are far away from basic that are taught in school. So the point is that I wanna dropout cuz school is not teaching me what I actually need. So I think a better approach is to choose a fastlane business, then work on it, get to 1k a month and the drop the f*ck out of the f*cking worthless school and ditch those fatty a$$ motherfuckers who says education is the key.

And the real motive to drop is to achieve my goal faster. Cuz it doesn't make sense to just wait and have fun. A person replying to this saying I'm just 14 don't rush things stay in school and have fun. Bro what the f*ck is wrong with you( not saying to You lol). Why wait? And for what the heck to wait for? For the time to pass by?
It hinders my productivity. What about deep work,huh? I hate being told what to do. Why the f*ck does it bother them if got long and stylish hair. f*ck you, it's my life, my hair, I'll do whatever the f*ck I want.
"Can I go to toilet"
-no sit here.
"Why?"
-Cuz I'm the teacher.

f*ck what?
You're the f*cking teacher so what?

-mah two brain cells

Conclusion?

I told you what I think: don't drop out, assuming that the school you are going to is decent. The future belongs to T-shaped individuals. School is a good opportunity to build your range and become one of them, while working on your business in a low stake environment. If you want to drop out, I told you what I think you should do.

You are still young. How you see the world is limited by your life experiences... At 14, that is not a lot.

My son is a couple of years younger than you. I am as pro entrepreneurship as it gets. I will still push him to finish college. The way school is being taught can be improved, but it is still valuable. Plus, part of entrepreneurship is doing shit you don't want to do and nailing them. Part of entrepreneurship is also dealing with constraints. High school will be practice for him.

I've done my part.
The rest is in your hands.
Success or failure rests on your shoulders.
I won't be the one you outsource making decisions to.
Experience is the best teacher for kids your age. I see it every day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...