The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Is it really surprising that this is what your average, mindless consumer cares about most? :rofl:

Actually, no. Which is why I'm launching my state-of-the-art Dragon Penis Training System® next week. I hope you'll join my affiliate program.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Actually, no. Which is why I'm launching my state-of-the-art Dragon Penis Training System® next week. I hope you'll join my affiliate program.

Just sent you a DM.....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
IMG_3161.jpeg

The founder of discosloth.com a man called Gil Gildner just banned me from r/agency on reddit, claiming this post is spam: https://www.reddit.com/r/agency/s/SgWTUrcLXI

This is the post he seems to have deleted it:
IMG_3165.png

A post with 54 likes.

Perhaps he feared he would be losing influence due to my recent popularity there.

I think he's a big hypocrite who runs away from fair competition. Also r/agency is greatly harmed by behavior like this. He claims it as an independent, neutral sub but it’s actually meant to do one thing only - promote him and his books!

And btw, this is what Gil Gildner used to be saying before my popularity went through the roof:
IMG_3167.jpeg

A man of no word.

Thank the Lord for @MJ DeMarco and the fastlane forum where the community knows how to weed out such people. This reminds me of how grateful I am to be a member here.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The airport screen was nice enough to let me know that there are on average about 9,700 planes in the air at any given time. That sure makes me feel good knowing that the #1 hiring practice at the moment is "diversity and inclusion".

If there is one industry that the world needs to focus on more ESG it is in a nice easy job like being a pilot. Merit? Pft, who wants the most skilled pilot! I mean it's not like we ever see them anyways, all tucked away at the front of the plane that you can't even lay eyes on. We need more diversity behind that closed door! To hell with the best pilot for the job! Gimme that ESG score!
It gets worse. I have a source on this. Years ago there was a white pilot that couldn't get hired by United. He legally changed his name to something ultra ethnic. Reapplied... he flies for them today.

He was really blatant about it too. Like a John Smith to a Dejavian Carlito Chong. Still goes by John.:rofl:

Last edited:

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I mentioned that I took some courses for a Leadership MBA program, and I believe sharing the foundational ideas in the linked article would be helpful. You can also read more about it in this short book and assess yourself and your team with this assessment.

Direction + Alignment + Commitment (DAC) = Leadership

The Center for Creative Leadership's (CCL's) definition of leadership. "Leadership is a social process that enables individuals to work together to achieve results that they could never achieve working as individuals."

"Direction is agreement in the group on overall goals — what the group is trying to achieve together."

"Alignment is coordinated work within the group and integration of the different aspects of the work so that it fits together in service of the shared direction."

"Commitment is mutual responsibility for the group, when people are making the success of the collective (not just their individual success) a personal priority."

I won't copy and paste the entire article here, so I recommend you read it on their webpage. I learned about the most famous classical and modern leadership theories before learning about the CCL's theory of leadership. I did agree more with the CCL's theory of leadership. It's helpful to understand the others, though.

Learn more about it here...

View: https://youtu.be/0nUd-kQu-38?si=oB9jajBNPQnZo5ml

Last edited:

Nicolayyyy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jan 16, 2023
France
December 2022, France, one month after I began my first 9-5 job as an intern in a company, I discovered a book titled 'The Millionaire Fastlane .' I wasn't really into reading at that time, but I decided to give it a try anyway. I finished the book in two weeks. It was unbelievable; someone was writing about the feelings I had since starting this internship – waking up at 8, driving through traffic, arriving at 9, working, eating, working again, leaving at 5, driving through traffic again, arriving home at 6, feeling tired and exhausted, needing to buy some food, then making dinner, eating while watching one or two YouTube videos, and suddenly it's 10 pm! Time to go to bed. Sleep. And repeat.

In January last year, I joined this forum, determined to change my life. I read numerous posts, joined Rob's web design courses, applied all the mindset techniques, and made my first $3,000 online. It didn't feel like work. I could work wherever and whenever I wanted. I had never made a website before, but the challenge of trying new things and building a site for a client kept me working until 1 am. It was incredible.

Still a newbie in business, I spent all the money on holidays. I felt rich but wasn't at all. I then realized that this isn't how I should live. Spending all my money on holidays or buying things to feel rich doesn't work.

I wanted to build a more profitable business. I started looking into SMMA in November. For nearly three months, I focused on improving my mindset, my approach to money, building wealth habits – no TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. I banned all social media since November. I'm into meditation and working out every day, setting up my business, doing research, reading books on storytelling, money, mindset, prospecting, sales... And it's amazing. I mean, I feel so much better, so much more aware of what I'm doing. I have a better perspective on the world and on myself.

I've grown so much since the first time I had The Millionaire Fastlane in my hands. My understanding of money, business, communication, building relationships, focusing on myself, overcoming my negative beliefs has greatly improved, and I'm 100% committed to this path. I know I will succeed, maybe not in the way I first imagined, but I will.

I think one of the best things I've done is reading books about mindset and money. To avoid falling into the trap that MJ DeMarco so eloquently describes – earning money, buying stuff like cars and watches, just to show off and pretend to be successful. But in reality, that's not success. It's just a race to show off to people who don't care at all about you.I understand better how money works, how the business world operates, and also how my body functions as well.

Anyway, I wish everyone success, and if you're on this forum, it's for a reason. So, make your dreams your goals and achieve them.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
View attachment 53652

The founder of discosloth.com a man called Gil Gildner just banned me from r/agency on reddit, claiming this post is spam: https://www.reddit.com/r/agency/s/SgWTUrcLXI

This is the post he seems to have deleted it:
View attachment 53653

A post with 54 likes.

Perhaps he feared he would be losing influence due to my recent popularity there. I hope Google indexes this post so that people can learn about his true character and avoid him and his so called “marketing books” that are used as part of the syllabus of several universities apparently.

Big hypocrite who runs away from fair competition. Also avoid r/agency, he claims it as an independent, neutral sub but it’s actually meant to do one thing only - promote him and his books!

And btw, this is what Gil Gildner used to be saying before my popularity went through the roof:
View attachment 53654

A man of no word.

Thank the Lord for @MJ DeMarco and the fastlane forum where the community knows how to weed out such people. This reminds me of how grateful I am to be a member here.
All I can see is that your phone is out of battery about to die.

Jokes aside…

I think Reddit was meant to be only for parody accounts but people didn’t get the joke and just continued.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I watched this interesting video on the culture of South Korea and how it's leading to depression. Can anyone here in South Korea share their thoughts on this?

View: https://youtu.be/JCnvVaXEh3Y?si=Gjq24p5nrujAdctu

Screenshot 2024-01-21 104211.png

How would you rate yourself on those three above? Which would you put as 1, 2, 3?

Last edited:

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 4, 2019
I watched this interesting video on the culture of South Korea and how it's leading to depression. Is there anyone South Korean who can share their thoughts and feelings?

View: https://youtu.be/JCnvVaXEh3Y?si=Gjq24p5nrujAdctu

View attachment 53675

How would you rate yourself on those three above?

Only watched part of the video, but Ive had some exposure to this. Im not Korean, but I lived there for 2 years and now run a nonprofit that helps high school aged Korean orphans.

The pressure on kids there is insane, and they work harder than most adults I've met in the US including myself. They have a big test that basically sets the trajectory for their future career, and the country has been known to shut down flights to eliminate any noise distractions during the test. Even the grading system is different. They get graded on a ranked system relative to the other students rather than an absolute grade, so there is an added sense of competitiveness.

Im pretty sure they have the highest youth suicide rate of any first world country, which is really sad, and I wouldn't want to raise a kid there.

I saw the crazy work culture for adults as well. Things like staying at work late into the night just because you can't leave until your boss does. There was also recently a proposal to increase the maximum work week to 69 hours. It's no wonder their birth rate is so low.

The thing that's interesting is that this same type of work ethic is what allowed the country to rebuild and prosper so quickly after half the country was destroyed in the Korean war.

I hope some things can change in the education and work culture soon though. It's my favorite place in the world and the people there are incredible.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Only watched part of the video, but Ive had some exposure to this. Im not Korean, but I lived there for 2 years and now run a nonprofit that helps high school aged Korean orphans.

The pressure on kids there is insane, and they work harder than most adults I've met in the US including myself. They have a big test that basically sets the trajectory for their future career, and the country has been known to shut down flights to eliminate any noise distractions during the test. Even the grading system is different. They get graded on a ranked system relative to the other students rather than an absolute grade, so there is an added sense of competitiveness.

Im pretty sure they have the highest youth suicide rate of any first world country, which is really sad, and I wouldn't want to raise a kid there.

I saw the crazy work culture for adults as well. Things like staying at work late into the night just because you can't leave until your boss does. There was also recently a proposal to increase the maximum work week to 69 hours. It's no wonder their birth rate is so low.

The thing that's interesting is that this same type of work ethic is what allowed the country to rebuild and prosper so quickly after half the country was destroyed in the Korean war.

I hope some things can change in the education and work culture soon though. It's my favorite place in the world and the people there are incredible.
It’s the economy I think.

Korean top mnc like sumsung and LG and other few can only provide so many quality jobs. That’s not enough quality jobs to earn a good living in an environment of rising cost of living.

So for the rest of the Korean companies you are in a weird place. You are not as globally competitive as the S&P500 top companies and you are not as cost efficient as Chinese. Grind is the only option to stay afloat.

U.S. dollar is the global reserve currency and as long as the government can continue to borrow and spend within it can fuel to create many jobs (many are shit jobs no doubt) in the consumer economy so even if you are not a programmer working for big tech, there are enough jobs to earn a margin beyond what is needed to survive. Even though that margin is going thinner and thinner, it is quite clear that U.S. needs to run bugger deficit to create a smaller increase in GDP these days.

Being a Korean is still multiple ten times better than being in Philippine or India.

I think to understand these it requires a shift in perspective that fighting for survival is the norm in most parts of the world. Having not a need to do that is an exception.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
I'm in praia da pinheira, 30 km from Florianopolis, Santa Catarina. It's the richest most right wing part of Brazil, they even threatened to separate from the rest of the country if the communist candidate wins the presidential elections. That's the attitude I like lol

How is Poland ? I'm also happy to be far away from the war, hope that thing stops soon... !

Hey brother, do you still live in Praia da Pinheira? Just saw this post. I live in Floripa

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Kavin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Jul 28, 2023
Dubai
huh the fastlane have to do hard work well now its hurting my scores also i got 50% in maths(g10) today when i got the score well atp i have no clue what to do maths dosent get in my brain!!!!!!!!!!! and now the slowlane people around me abusing me i have no future im just ranting out here to clean my mind.
Hey guys update well for the next exam of maths i studied hard for the first time in my life ig and still i improved only 4 marks .last exam got 40/80 this time 44/80 a well. I can sincerely say i studied enough for 70/80 well on the other hand sst i barely studied and still got 71/80 and same in science wth a 65 something is really wrong. What do u guys think?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hey guys update well for the next exam of maths i studied hard for the first time in my life ig and still i improved only 4 marks .last exam got 40/80 this time 44/80 a well. I can sincerely say i studied enough for 70/80 well on the other hand sst i barely studied and still got 71/80 and same in science wth a 65 something is really wrong. What do u guys think?
Do practice papers.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Hey brother, do you still live in Praia da Pinheira? Just saw this post. I live in Floripa
Hi Tiago, I'm not there right now, I'm going to Switzerland to work there two months, then I want to do more surf so Pinheira is def an option. Thought since it will be winter I was also thinking on going further north to Buzios. But if I'm in SC again would be nice to do a fastlane meetup

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Congrats on the little bump-up in results!

The questions you didn't do well on in your exam...what topics were they on?
That could show you exactly where to 'attack' in your studies...ask more in classes...and yes, hit up more practice papers on as what @Kevin88660 said.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Hi Tiago, I'm not there right now, I'm going to Switzerland to work there two months, then I want to do more surf so Pinheira is def an option. Thought since it will be winter I was also thinking on going further north to Buzios. But if I'm in SC again would be nice to do a fastlane meetup
Hit me up when you're back!

Mr. Tycoon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Mar 6, 2014
London ,UK
Doesn’t matter for these guys, they still pocketed the cash. Even if it delivers the return for 1% of the people he speaks for, that 1% will still sing his praises and he’ll get money from everyone. So why does he care? Only those who sing his praises will be remembered in his advertising and future promos
or, if you're on the buyer side i will just said to him: look smart boy .. i'll pay you 20K- double your asking rate and come here to my firm and make me 100k in profit in 1-2 months as you promised. That's my deal! Take it or get lost!

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Math at studies is overestimated. 4 wins ( at least, if 4 is the worst grade, which is enough).
Imo, 44/80 is all you need for nearly every engeneering you will meet. When you have a mission lateron, about 25 % you will pull out of your studies, the rest you will learn than. No matter, how many % you got now. Life doesn t care so much about study`s stuff.

For example : the mathematical derivation : in Math you learn third derivation of any complicated stuff. Yes, it s interesting to know, what derivation means. Way, speed, accelleration, and so on. But in no job ever, you will have to calculate that! So don t worry about your brain performance. That s ok!

When studying, You work for the entry ticket into higher paid jobs.
Work hard to accomplish that 4, maybe better.
When your studys go on, more interesting subjects will follow. And maybe better grades.
If not, no one will care afterwards about your grades in that world, where you belong!

Get your entry ticket (and make the best out of it later!)

Last edited:

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Math at studies is overestimated. 4 wins ( at least, if 4 is the worst grade, which is enough).
Imo, 44/80 is all you need for nearly every engeneering you will meet. When you have a mission lateron, about 25 % you will pull out of your studies, the rest you will learn than. No matter, how many % you got now. Life doesn t care so much about study`s stuff.

For example : the mathematical derivation : in Math you learn third derivation of any complicated stuff. Yes, it s interesting to know, what derivation means. Way, speed, accelleration, and so on. But in no job ever, you will have to calculate that! So don t worry about your brain performance. That s ok!

When studying, You work for the entry ticket into higher paid jobs.
Work hard to accomplish that 4, maybe better.
When your studys go on, more interesting subjects will follow. And maybe better grades.
If not, no one will care afterwards about your grades in that world, where you belong!

Get your entry ticket (and make the best out of it later!)
How you do anything is how you do everything...

It's important because it's part of the challenge. It's also just cool to know how to do the third derivation of 4e-log(cos(xe³))⁴.

If you can do that then other things won't seem all that hard.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts