The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where we actually get most of our leads for our local business

Marketing, social media, advertising

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I've seen tons of content and videos put out by local service companies.

I've heard these things a hundred times...

"We do door hangers. I have the workers put them up next door when they visit a place"
"We just do word of mouth"
"You can put a wrap on your car and be a free billboard"
"Talk to friends and family"
"Just do a good job and people will find you"
"We send out fliers"

Trash.

You are a lead gen company, for yourself.

Lead gen companies do NOT do that stupid crap.

You need to be doing what lead gen, tech companies, and other "internet savvy" people do.

You can actually be BETTER than them for the simple reason that you are allowed to do things as a real local business that lead gen companies can't do.

There are two ways to acquire customers.

1. Be FOUND when people are already looking. (Catching customers)
2. PITCH to them and convert them when they are not actively looking for your service. (Hunting customers. Not going to call it pitching though, catching and pitching is something entirely different)

That's about it, catching and hunting. They either find you, or you find them.

You must first focus on catching. These are the easiest sales and usually the lowest cost. Then you need to focus on hunting. These people are less interested and it usually costs more, but is typically more scalable if done correctly.

As a local lawn care business, here is where our sales come from, in order.

1. Ranked high, local business page with google. (Google My Business) It looks like this. (catching customers)

1679630711092.png

This is the "map pack" I believe the nerds call it.

Imagine if you want to find a local service, you are going to google it, 9 times out of 10. Any normal person goes there first.

There's a few ways to 80/20 your results when getting to the top of this.

1. Name your business (actual legal name) with keywords. Google makes a frowny face at this, but if it's your actual legal business name, they can't really complain. If you name yourself "Brand name + HVAC Services + location", you are golden. "AirClean HVAC Services - Tacoma" is an example.

2. Have a website, phone number, filled out business information, a social media account that shares the same name, number, website, etc. It shows google you exist in other places. Submit to directories if you want. Do not ask me how to do this. You can google "how to submit website to directories".

3. Get your buddies to review it. Get like 5+ reviews. Use chatgpt to craft a good review.

4. Wait, let it settle in and soon you should have a top ranked GMB page.

This is free and get's you a ton of results.

It's the BEST because lead gen companies cannot create these accounts, your only competition is other LOCAL companies who suck at marketing and advertising.

We get somewhere like 40% to half of our leads from there.

2. FB ads (hunting customers)

We get tons of leads come spring time from fb ads. Our ad that got us leads for $15-20 was literally just a before and after picture of a crappy lawn with some basic copy. One picture, one description, one title, and a handful of audiences.

When you get enough customers you can upload their data to create a lookalike audience and advertise to people who are similar to your current customers, which is a great idea.

Number one thing to remember....make sure your available audience size is at least over 20,000 or more. I advertise to an audience of a few hundred thousand. Facebook will figure out which people will like your stuff. Watch your impressions and reach and make sure you are not advertising to the same people 20 times since you had a small audience and spent a lot of money.

3. Local Service Ads (catching customers)

Above the free GMB map listings is the local service providers that are google guaranteed. You don't need to wait, you can just pay to be here. So it's highly recommended for newbies. You'll need friends to review your business because you need a few reviews to qualify to be able to make these ads.

1679631472950.png

You have to go through a verification process and post stuff like licenses, insurance, background check, etc. It's annoying. Washington requires basic lawn care companies to have a full on contractors license for this. I did it, but it will keep most people out and reduce competition.

Calls are super targeted. You are going to get customers. They don't charge much and it's very, very worth it. Again, lead gen companies are not allowed. Absolute gold mine!

3. Adwords (catching customers)

Now you're playing against the lead gen companies, it can get more expensive, but it's still usually worth it. You will need to monitor these and make sure google isn't sending BS searches to your ad and wasting your money. We don't go hard on adwords but this is still valuable and scalable.

4. Sneaky sorta-spamming techniques that work (Optional. Hunting, but with nukes)
*we totally got permission from every person before doing this. absolutely would NEVER send unsolicited voicemails*

I'm a motivated son of a bitch, so I try things that others don't think of.

I got a list of every carrier code that's in our area code. There's like 100.

So for the 253 number, there's 100 carrier codes.

For every area+carrier code, there's 10,000 number combinations. 0000-9999

I used excel to create a list of 10,000 numbers for every area code + carrier code combo.

I went to slybroadcast which lets you send out voicemails to people. They think they got a call and they have a voicemail sitting there for them. It's not a robocall.

I uploaded thousands of numbers and sent out the following message.

"Hey it's Johnathan and I got your number from your neighbor that signed up with us for lawn care. I offered them and you both 15% off if you signed up as well since it would save us the drive time. So I figured I'd call and see if you were interested, if not no worries, just ignore the message. But anyways if you're interested call me back at xxx-xxx-xxxx". Missed calls back got sent an auto reply "hi, did you need a lawn care quote -John"

The number to call back was a forwarding number that sent to our office and the customer service rep was trained for those calls. Her job is to pretend we accidently called the wrong number and apologize by being off by one digit, then asking if they needed a quote.

The cost? $0.04 a message! Only paid for successfully delivered messages. (number in use + voicemail not full + successfully delivered)

Now...we DO get customers from referrals, craigslist posts, and we even send out mailers, but the above are the best returns.

Then, the most important thing to do is NOT WASTE the leads. You need a system for collecting them in a crm automatically, and getting their quote to them as quickly as possible. Do not let them fall through the cracks.

But as you can see, you need to think different if you want different results. It doesn't matter what you do, you are almost always a tech company as well, not a boomer who takes 30 years to build up their crappy business. F*ck that! Do it pro from the get go.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I've seen tons of content and videos put out by local service companies.

I've heard these things a hundred times...

"We do door hangers. I have the workers put them up next door when they visit a place"
"We just do word of mouth"
"You can put a wrap on your car and be a free billboard"
"Talk to friends and family"
"Just do a good job and people will find you"
"We send out fliers"

Trash.

You are a lead gen company, for yourself.

Lead gen companies do NOT do that stupid crap.

You need to be doing what lead gen, tech companies, and other "internet savvy" people do.

You can actually be BETTER than them for the simple reason that you are allowed to do things as a real local business that lead gen companies can't do.

There are two ways to acquire customers.

1. Be FOUND when people are already looking. (Catching customers)
2. PITCH to them and convert them when they are not actively looking for your service. (Hunting customers. Not going to call it pitching though, catching and pitching is something entirely different)

That's about it, catching and hunting. They either find you, or you find them.

You must first focus on catching. These are the easiest sales and usually the lowest cost. Then you need to focus on hunting. These people are less interested and it usually costs more, but is typically more scalable if done correctly.

As a local lawn care business, here is where our sales come from, in order.

1. Ranked high, local business page with google. (Google My Business) It looks like this. (catching customers)

View attachment 47880

This is the "map pack" I believe the nerds call it.

Imagine if you want to find a local service, you are going to google it, 9 times out of 10. Any normal person goes there first.

There's a few ways to 80/20 your results when getting to the top of this.

1. Name your business (actual legal name) with keywords. Google makes a frowny face at this, but if it's your actual legal business name, they can't really complain. If you name yourself "Brand name + HVAC Services + location", you are golden. "AirClean HVAC Services - Tacoma" is an example.

2. Have a website, phone number, filled out business information, a social media account that shares the same name, number, website, etc. It shows google you exist in other places. Submit to directories if you want. Do not ask me how to do this. You can google "how to submit website to directories".

3. Get your buddies to review it. Get like 5+ reviews. Use chatgpt to craft a good review.

4. Wait, let it settle in and soon you should have a top ranked GMB page.

It's the BEST because lead gen companies cannot create these accounts, your only competition is other LOCAL companies who suck at marketing and advertising.

We get somewhere like 40% to half of our leads from there.

2. FB ads (hunting customers)

We get tons of leads come spring time from fb ads. Our ad that got us leads for $15-20 was literally just a before and after picture of a crappy lawn with some basic copy. One picture, one description, one title, and a handful of audiences.

When you get enough customers you can upload their data to create a lookalike audience and advertise to people who are similar to your current customers, which is a great idea.

Number one thing to remember....make sure your available audience size is at least over 20,000 or more. I advertise to an audience of a few hundred thousand. Facebook will figure out which people will like your stuff. Watch your impressions and reach and make sure you are not advertising to the same people 20 times since you had a small audience and spent a lot of money.

3. Local Service Ads (catching customers)

Above the free GMB map listings is the local service providers that are google guaranteed. You don't need to wait, you can just pay to be here. So it's highly recommended for newbies. You'll need friends to review your business because you need a few reviews to qualify to be able to make these ads.

View attachment 47881

You have to go through a verification process and post stuff like licenses, insurance, background check, etc. It's annoying. Washington requires basic lawn care companies to have a full on contractors license for this. I did it, but it will keep most people out and reduce competition.

Calls are super targeted. You are going to get customers. They don't charge much and it's very, very worth it. Again, lead gen companies are not allowed. Absolute gold mine!

3. Adwords (catching customers)

Now you're playing against the lead gen companies, it can get more expensive, but it's still usually worth it. You will need to monitor these and make sure google isn't sending BS searches to your ad and wasting your money. We don't go hard on adwords but this is still valuable and scalable.

4. Sneaky sorta-spamming techniques that work (Optional. Hunting, but with nukes)
*we totally got permission from every person before doing this. absolutely would NEVER send unsolicited voicemails*

I'm a motivated son of a bitch, so I try things that others don't think of.

I got a list of every carrier code that's in our area code. There's like 100.

So for the 253 number, there's 100 carrier codes.

For every area+carrier code, there's 10,000 number combinations. 0000-9999

I used excel to create a list of 10,000 numbers for every area code + carrier code combo.

I went to slybroadcast which lets you send out voicemails to people. They think they got a call and they have a voicemail sitting there for them. It's not a robocall.

I uploaded thousands of numbers and sent out the following message.

"Hey it's Johnathan and I got your number from your neighbor that signed up with us for lawn care. I offered them and you both 15% off if you signed up as well since it would save us the drive time. So I figured I'd call and see if you were interested, if not no worries, just ignore the message. But anyways if you're interested call me back at xxx-xxx-xxxx". Missed calls back got sent an auto reply "hi, did you need a lawn care quote -John"

The number to call back was a forwarding number that sent to our office and the customer service rep was trained for those calls. Her job is to pretend we accidently called the wrong number and apologize by being off by one digit, then asking if they needed a quote.

The cost? $0.04 a message! Only paid for successfully delivered messages. (number in use + voicemail not full + successfully delivered)

Now...we DO get customers from referrals, craigslist posts, and we even send out mailers, but the above are the best returns.

Then, the most important thing to do is NOT WASTE the leads. You need a system for collecting them in a crm automatically, and getting their quote to them as quickly as possible. Do not let them fall through the cracks.

But as you can see, you need to think different if you want different results. It doesn't matter what you do, you are almost always a tech company as well, not a boomer who takes 30 years to build up their crappy business. F*ck that! Do it pro from the get go.
Thank you so much for this post.
This was literally just what I needed for right now for my cleaning company.

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jun 15, 2022
My competitor has 2 google guaranteed accounts with the same name so he's getting twice as many leads. He's been doing it for a few months and looks like google doesn't give a shit about it

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
My competitor has 2 google guaranteed accounts with the same name so he's getting twice as many leads. He's been doing it for a few months and looks like google doesn't give a shit about it
each of our locations is a separate business entity so we will have ads showing up for each location. google adwords will usually ban your account though if you have two ad accounts going to the same domain as I've found. Different domains for each location for the adwords landing pages is what we're doing now.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Gold brother! I’ll add one thing…

Which is not applicable to you, but to people selling more expensive services $3-4K/mo…

Farming > Hunting

Instead of chasing after 1 customer and asking where you can get your next kill from, you should build a system that:

1. Plants seeds — puts you in front of your ideal customers

2. Nurtures them — delivers value + triggers to start working with you over time.

3. Harvests them — has a sales process that builds trust & gets them to take action.

I’ve closed 17 new clients in March. Means $13K/mo in recurring revenue added to the biz.

It’s all because I’m not hunting, I’m farming. Over time you’ll access exponential returns this way, since farming is a lot less time intensive in the long run.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Gold brother! I’ll add one thing…

Which is not applicable to you, but to people selling more expensive services $3-4K/mo…

Farming > Hunting

Instead of chasing after 1 customer and asking where you can get your next kill from, you should build a system that:

1. Plants seeds — puts you in front of your ideal customers

2. Nurtures them — delivers value + triggers to start working with you over time.

3. Harvests them — has a sales process that builds trust & gets them to take action.

I’ve closed 17 new clients in March. Means $13K/mo in recurring revenue added to the biz.

It’s all because I’m not hunting, I’m farming. Over time you’ll access exponential returns this way, since farming is a lot less time intensive in the long run.
Bookmarked.
Crazy that this is on the internet for free...

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Bookmarked.
Crazy that this is on the internet for free...
I’ll DM you my exact strategy, otherwise @BizyDad will accuse me of using the forum to generate leads. You watch that video explaining it in detail, and then come back and tell me it ain’t gold in here. I’ll pay you $50 if it’s NOT the best advice you ever heard, not even joking! :rofl:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Nice post @Johnny boy. This will help a lot of local service business owners.

As a lead gen guy I can confirm we don't do reviews or GMB for businesses. (Maybe others do but it's too much of a pita for us.)

each of our locations is a separate business entity so we will have ads showing up for each location. google adwords will usually ban your account though if you have two ad accounts going to the same domain as I've found. Different domains for each location for the adwords landing pages is what we're doing now.
I've not had accounts suspended for pointing to the same domain. We've even build a dozen accounts this week for different clients all with a landing page on the same domain. For another business we had 100 accounts all going to the same domain.

Just double-check that. Maybe the suspensions are for other reasons?

Saying that. A different domain per location can work a treat. Especially if you have <location><service>.com or similar.

If you want to go hard at Google Ads then go long-tail. Become friends with Google Sheets/Excel and the Google Ads Editor. Create ads for every single location you serve that people might search for (suburbs included) and pass the location to your page so it can be inserted into the headline and sprinkled throughout the page. Go one keyword per ad group to achieve this. Have a tap-to-call button and a Contact-Us button above the fold. And yeah, watch your search terms for the BS.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Nice post @Johnny boy. This will help a lot of local service business owners.

As a lead gen guy I can confirm we don't do reviews or GMB for businesses. (Maybe others do but it's too much of a pita for us.)

I've not had accounts suspended for pointing to the same domain. We've even build a dozen accounts this week for different clients all with a landing page on the same domain. For another business we had 100 accounts all going to the same domain.

Just double-check that. Maybe the suspensions are for other reasons?

Saying that. A different domain per location can work a treat. Especially if you have <location><service>.com or similar.

If you want to go hard at Google Ads then go long-tail. Become friends with Google Sheets/Excel and the Google Ads Editor. Create ads for every single location you serve that people might search for (suburbs included) and pass the location to your page so it can be inserted into the headline and sprinkled throughout the page. Go one keyword per ad group to achieve this. Have a tap-to-call button and a Contact-Us button above the fold. And yeah, watch your search terms for the BS.
I was going off of when other people said that was why we got our original suspension and it went away the second I changed the domains it went to

3A5EBB99-75B5-4306-A7FA-8782B5058804.png

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was going off of when other people said that was why we got our original suspension and it went away the second I changed the domains it went to

View attachment 47887

"google adwords will usually ban your account though if you have two ad accounts going to the same domain as I've found."

Having two ad accounts going to the same domain isn't double serving.

Double serving is when you have two ads showing on Google at the same time for the same business. That happens when you have two separate ad accounts and two separate domains ... that lead to the same offer from the same business.

e.g.

Someone in Chicago searches "lawn care near me" and sees these two ads:

Johnny's Lawn Care | Contact Us
johnnyslawns.com

Chicago Lawn Care | Contact Us
chicagolawns.com

If visitors clicked both those ads and the offers on the pages aren't substantially different then that's double serving.

Now, if ChicagoLawns.com was a directory or a lead gen page that gathered info to find a local lawn care company, then those might be classed as substantially different offers.

Don't try to circumvent their systems by creating a directory or lead gen site and sending leads to yourself though. If Google detects it's the same billing details or business behind it then you're in even more trouble with them as you're going out of the way to double serve. You couldn't easily explain that it was an innocent mistake.

Anyway... having two separate accounts going to the same domain should be alright. We're doing it all the time with directory style sites.

e.g.

Account 1:
Search term: "lawncare chicago"
Ad: Chicago Lawncare | Call Peter Now
Landing page: petersbusiness.perfectlawns.com (or it could be perfectlawns.com/petersbusiness)

Account 2:
Search term: "lawncare austin"
Ad: Austin Lawncare | Call Clare Now
Landing page: claresbusiness.perfectlawns.com (or it could be perfectlawns.com/claresbusiness)

Hope that helps. Not meaning to make this thread about Google Ads.

Carry on.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
"google adwords will usually ban your account though if you have two ad accounts going to the same domain as I've found."

Having two ad accounts going to the same domain isn't double serving.

Double serving is when you have two ads showing on Google at the same time for the same business. That happens when you have two separate ad accounts and two separate domains ... that lead to the same offer from the same business.

e.g.

Someone in Chicago searches "lawn care near me" and sees these two ads:

Johnny's Lawn Care | Contact Us
johnnyslawns.com

Chicago Lawn Care | Contact Us
chicagolawns.com

If visitors clicked both those ads and the offers on the pages aren't substantially different then that's double serving.

Now, if ChicagoLawns.com was a directory or a lead gen page that gathered info to find a local lawn care company, then those might be classed as substantially different offers.

Don't try to circumvent their systems by creating a directory or lead gen site and sending leads to yourself though. If Google detects it's the same billing details or business behind it then you're in even more trouble with them as you're going out of the way to double serve. You couldn't easily explain that it was an innocent mistake.

Anyway... having two separate accounts going to the same domain should be alright. We're doing it all the time with directory style sites.

e.g.

Account 1:
Search term: "lawncare chicago"
Ad: Chicago Lawncare | Call Peter Now
Landing page: petersbusiness.perfectlawns.com

Account 2:
Search term: "lawncare austin"
Ad: Austin Lawncare | Call Clare Now
Landing page: claresbusiness.perfectlawns.com
Well shit, we were doing it the second way and that was causing us problems.

Wouldn’t the two ads come up on the same search results sometimes and double serve though since multiple ad accounts could be showing up for overlapping searches?

Each location is a different legal entity with a different legal name, different bank accounts, different emails, etc. I should make each franchisee a card holder and use their cards for the billing info so my names not on it at all.

This is the annoying BS that comes with handling multiple locations when it comes to ad accounts that kept giving me problems.

Alright Andy I’m sold, we’ll hire you lol

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Each location is a different legal entity with a different legal name, different bank accounts, different emails, etc. I should make each franchisee a card holder and use their cards for the billing info so my names not on it at all.
There's that option of course.

I'm working with an agency that's doing it differently:
  • All the Facebook Ads and Google Ads accounts are owned by the agency.
  • The agency owner has his Amex card attached to all the accounts (he's looking forward to getting even more free miles).
  • The website where Google Ads are directed is owned by the agency.
  • The systems and IP are owned by the agency (other than the tools I use to create the accounts).

This is the annoying BS that comes with handling multiple locations when it comes to ad accounts that kept giving me problems.
Yeah. I've been having to appeal multiple account suspensions this week. It's because Google's worried someone's stolen his Amex card and is using it in the dozen or so accounts we created this week.

Alright Andy I’m sold, we’ll hire you lol
Ha. That wasn't the goal, but we should have a chat. I'm happy to look over what you've got and advise you - no charge.

Just don't call me a nerd.

I'm a geek, and proud of it. ; )

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wouldn’t the two ads come up on the same search results sometimes and double serve though since multiple ad accounts could be showing up for overlapping searches?
Oops. I missed this bit.

Only one ad per domain can show up at a time. If you've competing keywords in one or more accounts then only one will go forward to the auction against competitors. It may be a different keyword in your account(s) that wins the next time.

Marketers often only take on one client per location or niche so their clients don't compete with each other. I presume you're in a similar boat if you only have one franchise per location. You should then be able to setup campaigns so your franchisees don't compete with each other.

SeeYouAtTheTop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jul 12, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Saving this because of the fire.

I’ve done some testing on GBP (Google Business Profile) and noticing that reviews with location keywords in them will improve the ranking of your GBP, but what seems to be more important is the actual IP of where the review comes from.

It’s like Google is mapping where the user creates the review with where they’re going to give rankings — in addition to the normal keyword in review and other optimization stuff.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I’ll DM you my exact strategy, otherwise @BizyDad will accuse me of using the forum to generate leads. You watch that video explaining it in detail, and then come back and tell me it ain’t gold in here. I’ll pay you $50 if it’s NOT the best advice you ever heard, not even joking! :rofl:
I just watched it and I see that someone here is using the invisible funnel /perfect webinar strategy from russel brunson ;).

Aside from that the content was like 4/10 helpful. The webinar didn't really bring me further than the short post. Its based on cold email and that is not a way for me to find customers (since many of them don't even use email) The concept is cool tho so I'll spend some time thinking on how I can apply this to my business.

At the end of the day I am not a good fit for that funnel/service because I don't own a agency and don't really do too much b2b service right now.

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jun 15, 2022
I was talking about google local service ads. This guy has 2 ads running at the same time. Looks like one of them is run by a lead gen agency

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230323_231816_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230323_231816_Chrome.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 20

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I was talking about google local service ads. This guy has 2 ads running at the same time. Looks like one of them is run by a lead gen agency
Nice of you to block out his company name so no one could see it. Lol

Report it and get him kicked off

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
All of this is gold and I can definitely confirm it works. Another thing we did and generated close to 3K and cost us less than $10, was we build a SMS campaign using phone numbers I collected of people that called asking for a price but i never got to service them last year.

We are still struggling with Google ads and Facebook.

But overall, I have been focusing more on SEO, and continue to maintain my GMB now that I get a ton of organic leads.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Gotta take you up on that
Andy's AdWords method combined with your franchise model is a match made in Fort Knox (if Fort Knox actually houses any gold. Lol)

I've been moving towards helping more franchises (My agency serves three currently), and I'll soon begin implementing an Andy Black style campaign for these.

Be prepared to sign up for his course...

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Because you have a history of providing value?
I suspect my history didn't come into it. Adding value is too vague as well.

Anyway. I don't want to derail a local lead gen thread.

Just think about how I don't have a website, price list, logo, or any of the things people think they need.

A business owner has a problem. Someone seems to have a solution. That's enough for him to reach out (back).

Folks overcomplicate this.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
All of this is gold and I can definitely confirm it works. Another thing we did and generated close to 3K and cost us less than $10, was we build a SMS campaign using phone numbers I collected of people that called asking for a price but i never got to service them last year.

We are still struggling with Google ads and Facebook.

But overall, I have been focusing more on SEO, and continue to maintain my GMB now that I get a ton of organic leads.
another great idea.

We have a big list, might do that as well.

Sucks that we can't do that with facebook messenger since there's a thousand people in there that are too old of a message to chat with still.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
For those following this thread...

Why do you think Johnny said the above?
because johnny stupid andy smart. andy help johnny be less stupid. more money. get rich. buy lambo.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jun 15, 2022

I wish. My local competitors are marketing geniuses with 200-700 reviews. I just checked out carpet cleaners in your area on google maps and there's like no competition. Maybe I should move lol

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
One picture, one description, one title, and a handful of audiences.

We’re running FB ads this year instead of relying on newspaper.

Posted deck repair and brick repair ads as that’s our bread and butter, plus it’s much higher profit & faster projects compared to new builds.

So far we’ve had 37 lead forms submitted, (all contacted by me), 24 appointments set, 24 quotes sent, 13 responses, 4 signed contracts, 7 nurturing closely, for $20k-$25k total project amounts.

Been running them for a week so yeah.

Definitely making GoHighLevel my computer butler to automate these processes. Then hire a cute chick to call and answer phone calls for leads.

Keep it simple and short, just need appointments set and we can close them from there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.