The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC Lead Gen for Local Service Businesses

Blackman

Contributor
Dec 28, 2018
London, UK
You're right about the competition in certain trades, but then you can't really go too soft digging into micro trades to avoid competition, because smaller trades will have even less search volume, that's considering that more competitive services have very low volume as it is anyway.

I think I need to make a move on this with a landing page and a call-tracking service to see what I can do.

Do you use a template for landing pages or check out the competition to see what they are doing? A few pointers regarding the landing page would be useful, as I've done various landing pages in the past, but not for a local business. Things like structure, images, number of pages, content, etc.

And would CallRail be suitable for this model? So basically, I want to have a local number from CallRail that would re-direct the calls to the service provider's number and also record the call, so then I could listen to it and come back to the owner after referring him/her a few leads?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do you use a template for landing pages or check out the competition to see what they are doing? A few pointers regarding the landing page would be useful, as I've done various landing pages in the past, but not for a local business. Things like structure, images, number of pages, content, etc.

Here’s an example of the first iteration of a mobile landing page that went live last week and got a sale already. No other pages on the site other than Privacy, Terms, Disclaimer.

8D938B63-7320-42C7-90F6-42D57447B46E.jpeg

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
And would CallRail be suitable for this model? So basically, I want to have a local number from CallRail that would re-direct the calls to the service provider's number and also record the call, so then I could listen to it and come back to the owner after referring him/her a few leads?
I’ve not used CallRail on client landing pages, although other agencies I subcontract to sometimes do for their clients. Why have I not? I want the client to tell me how things are going. I’m not going to listen to their calls.

Blackman

Contributor
Dec 28, 2018
London, UK
Thanks for the example landing page, Andy - that gives me an idea of what to aim for. I'll check out that Lead Gen Simplified thread as well.

As for CallRail, I meant that it would be useful for tracking purposes, to know how many calls you're referring to your client per day/week/month, and in case if the client queried anything, you could always pull up the list of referred calls, as kind of proof of customers that you're sending to him/her.

With regards to listening to calls, I would only do it prior to contacting the client to offer my on-going service, such as what I mentioned earlier, i.e. generate traffic to my own landing page, refer leads via calls to my potential client, then call up the client and say you've sent a few free customers (this is where you'll use CallRail's recordings to describe referred customers) and assuming at least some of them turned into sales, you'll hopefully have a client who would like to continue with what you're doing, but now for a monthly fee + Adwords costs.

Now before I start asking you questions about how to price up my service and how to take payments, let me get the landing page made, receive some traffic, generate calls and I'll come back to you with the results.

One last thing regarding CPC, how would you know that it's a bit too high for whatever service that you're testing and that the client won't be able to afford the advertising + your monthly fee? Is it a case of experimenting with a few clients and then make a decision based on their feedback?

Thanks for all your help.

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
One last thing regarding CPC, how would you know that it's a bit too high for whatever service that you're testing and that the client won't be able to afford the advertising + your monthly fee? Is it a case of experimenting with a few clients and then make a decision based on their feedback?
It’s a function of the CPA and how much profit they can make per job, or the LTV of a new customer/client. There’s other factors as well such as some business literally just want to see their own ads running, or they can run break even so long as they keep their crew busy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom