The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When is the right time to get surgeries? (LASIK, Foregen)

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Hello.
The glorious books of DeMarco truly expand freedom for life.
The FastLane is better than any useless college degree.
View attachment 17886

However, there are a few traces from my slowline parents I would like to erase off myelf.
I do not hate my parents, but I would like to live my life without their compromises.

So there are two things about my body I am not quite happy about:
  • I am far-sighted, so I am chained to eyewear. I would like to enjoy freedom of vision before presbyopia wrecks my eyes for good (except biohacking finds a way to reverse aging).
  • When I was 1 to 2 years old, my foreskin was circumcised against my will. I have done much research, and many #i2 tweets on Twitter expose the truth of what slowlane doctors try to market as healthy medical procedure, just to get more money out of their time-chained JOB.
So my question is:
As a hard-working entrepreneur, when is the right time to unchain myself from circumcision and glasses/contact lenses?

• LASiK eye surgery: Requires lowering workload for following days or maybe weeks.
  • Foregen foreskin restoration: Not released yet, but may also bring momentary compromises.
I would appreciate any help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Hello.
The glorious books of DeMarco truly expand freedom for life.
The FastLane is better than any useless college degree.
View attachment 17886

However, there are a few traces from my slowline parents I would like to erase off myelf.
I do not hate my parents, but I would like to live my life without their compromises.

So there are two things about my body I am not quite happy about:
  • I am far-sighted, so I am chained to eyewear. I would like to enjoy freedom of vision before presbyopia wrecks my eyes for good (except biohacking finds a way to reverse aging).
  • When I was 1 to 2 years old, my foreskin was circumcised against my will. I have done much research, and many #i2 tweets on Twitter expose the truth of what slowlane doctors try to market as healthy medical procedure, just to get more money out of their time-chained JOB.
So my question is:
As a hard-working entrepreneur, when is the right time to unchain myself from circumcision and glasses/contact lenses?

• LASiK eye surgery: Requires lowering workload for following days or maybe weeks.
  • Foregen foreskin restoration: Not released yet, but may also bring momentary compromises.
I would appreciate any help.

Disclaimer:

I know, being near-sighted is worse than far-sighted, because pre-presbyopia eyes have a muscle (unknown name, cyliary?, am not good at biology) to compensate, but I am terrible at reading books without external helping tools, that restrict freedom.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
I got Laser Eye surgery in 2008 at the age of 21. It was the one where it was laser only and they did not cut the cornea. The healing time is pretty quick actually, I worked on an assignment at university the next day (not recommended...). I would prepare for taking it easy for about a week and then you should be back to normal. Do your research and determine if it is worth the cost/benefit for yourself.

As for the second question. I am not quite sure how you plan to do this if it is not a medical procedure yet?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Yes.
Because I prefer having a whole body.

:: Auto-reply message. The poster "Vigilante" has left the thread. ::

Auto-reply is in beta and for use by moderators only. Actually by Vigilante only. Please do not reply to this message.

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
That auto-reply is not real.
Why does auto-reply quote my post?

But nevermind. That's good humour.

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
I got Laser Eye surgery in 2008 at the age of 21. It was the one where it was laser only and they did not cut the cornea. The healing time is pretty quick actually, I worked on an assignment at university the next day (not recommended...). I would prepare for taking it easy for about a week and then you should be back to normal. Do your research and determine if it is worth the cost/benefit for yourself.

As for the second question. I am not quite sure how you plan to do this if it is not a medical procedure yet?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Not yet a medical procedure.
But it may be soon.

silentownage001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Apr 7, 2013

How has it been for you 10 years later? I'm currently 21 and would like to get it as soon as I can. I'm tired of glasses and contacts. At this point it's just a matter of being able to afford it as I meet the other requirements. My optometrist did suggest I wait until I finish school and do less close reading.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
I'm about to get lasik this year (age 26). I don't see why you would want to wait any more than you have to?

Also what the hell is foreskin restoration? And what benefits would it provide?

If it increases size/stamina...I would be down

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
I'm about to get lasik this year (age 26). I don't see why you would want to wait any more than you have to?

You may check the #i2 debate on Twitter.
There are some accounts such as @Gregory_Malchuk or @CircumCrippled. I really felt bad when doing some research, because a circumcised foreskin is really bad.
How has it been for you 10 years later? I'm currently 21 and would like to get it as soon as I can. I'm tired of glasses and contacts. At this point it's just a matter of being able to afford it as I meet the other requirements. My optometrist did suggest I wait until I finish school and do less close reading.
Money is far less of a problem for business owners.

Whoops, mobile editor duplicated quote.
I am too lazy to remove it, because I might mess something up.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
If you can afford it, choose lens implants upon laser operation.

Don't forget that lasik is an operation that you cannot undo. If you are nearsighted, big chance this will fade when you get older. You will pay a lot of money for an operation that can do you more harm than good.

It decreases one thing, and it's joy during sex (definitely not size omg). For some people this is not done though.

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Don't forget that lasik is an operation that you cannot undo.
I remember reading somewhere that people sometimes do multiple LASIK operations.
Why can LASIK not be undone, as far as you know?

I would like to live without compromises.
Money but also clear natural vision.
But I prefrr not to gamble with my health.

96wells

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 25, 2017
virginia
I did PRK before (similar to lasik) for nearsightedness. I just want to say that it was worth it. You can do it anytime you're given the green light (and have money)

BUT you need to know the risks so I suggest you talk with a eye doctor that you trust that may not be affiliated with the lasik company you are going to. Also you need to see the lasik company to see if you're even a fit to do the procedure at all.

I am warning you because while PRK did correct my nearsightedness, it made my eyes slightly farsighted. I actually don't notice my farsightedness, but according to my eye doctor, my eyes would get tired if I stare up at something too close because they would struggle to focus. This would be worse overtime. Now, my lasik center would NOT do a touch up on slight farsightedness AT ALL. So know what you're getting into.

As for foregen? I can't comment and I highly doubt the hype. So you lost some nerves that may make your head-less sensitive? What is the payoff to spending money on fixing it (and how is that even done)? I think this is a question you should think about and you'll know how immediate you can do it...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.