The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do You think about this resume? Should I improve something?

Marketing, social media, advertising

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Julio Cesar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 2, 2022
Venezuela
This makes it look like you have only 1 month of experience. It's not a good look for you.

My question would be, what is your computer business and why are you looking for a job?
My bussiness is just starting. And I want to earn more money while I grow it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
My business is just starting. And I want to earn more money while I grow it
This resume is not going to get you any jobs. I don't know what resume styles are normal in your country. But you should probably focus on your skills vs accomplishments as bullet points. Downplay what you've current done because it's not helping. Get rid of the actual numbers, just put increased followers, or was able to get many leads... etc...

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
563%
Apr 17, 2022
Edit:

I would like to rephrase this comment and provide more insight.

A resume is supposed to highlight your skills and achievements. It is supposed to include information about what you can do best, and how you can help the company.

In other words, someone reading your resume should find out 10 different reasons why you may be a suitable candidate for a job.

Posting on social media, and "working hard for one week", all in the span of a few months (2023) are not good reasons for hiring you. They do not show a high level of competence, just basic computer literacy.

If you really had a strategic role in the online marketing area, this needs to be explained in-depth on the resume. Explain how much did the company grow while you were in charge of this operation.

I am not saying this in bad faith, but I want you to understand what a business owner would think after looking at your resume:

"This has to be a joke."

And it doesn't have to be that way.

I would suggest investing some time in improving your education and building up a solid portfolio of projects, if you want to have a resume that is working in your favor.

Good luck.

Last edited:

machinistguy

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
515%
Aug 22, 2022
DFW, Texas
This has to be a joke.

What do you mean your "experience" is posting on social media about onlyfans accounts?
@heavy_industry You think telling everyone you're a pimp doesn't look good from a professional standpoint?!?

Jokes aside, you're on an entrepreneurship forum. You have an accounting degree. That's a very valuable skill I'm sure you can use to add value with.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
563%
Apr 17, 2022
@Julio Cesar

You can do a lot more.

The internet is your best friend. Go ahead and learn relevant skills and give yourself a world-class education on any topic you want.

Remove anything related to social media or other websites from your resume. This is not relevant experience, those are not good selling points.

Good luck.

Julio Cesar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 2, 2022
Venezuela
This has to be a joke.

What do you mean your "experience" is posting on social media about onlyfans accounts?

Also, "after a week of hard work"? ONE WEEK???

Before writing a resume you must learn some actual skills, other than posting on Twitter
My tasks were not only to post on Twitter. I had to make outreach, increase the profile's followers and study other models to see how could I copy their strategies

What do you think are actual skills that I should develop?

Last edited:

Julio Cesar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 2, 2022
Venezuela
@heavy_industry You think telling everyone you're a pimp doesn't look good from a professional standpoint?!?

Jokes aside, you're on an entrepreneurship forum. You have an accounting degree. That's a very valuable skill I'm sure you can use to add value with.
Thank you! but I always prefer truth than pretty words. Perhaps his delivery was not the better but I understand that something needs to change

morbius13

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Mar 24, 2023
If you wanna make some money to develop your business, why don't you just get a job? You have accounting bachelor degree.

Fasted

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 18, 2021
UK
Lmao probably the worst CV I've ever seen. Has to be a joke.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
563%
Apr 17, 2022
Thank you! but I always prefer truth than pretty words. Perhaps his delivery was not the better but I understand that something needs to change
Now you have both the truth and pretty words - at the same time.

Check out my first comment. I've edited it and explained in detail what the problem is, and how you can fix it.

Good luck.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Maybe these two videos will help:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

twram

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
May 25, 2023
why not use chatgpt: with this simple prompt "make me a resume for a "social media strategist"" with additional queries and better prompts you could get something quite good :
[Your Name] [Address] [City, State, ZIP] [Phone Number] [Email Address]

Objective: Results-driven and creative social media strategist with a proven track record of developing and executing successful social media campaigns. Seeking a challenging position as a Social Media Strategist to utilize my expertise in creating engaging content, increasing brand awareness, and driving customer engagement.

Education: [Bachelor's Degree/Master's Degree], [Field of Study] [University Name], [City, State] [Year of Graduation]

Skills:

1. Social Media Management: Proficient in developing and implementing comprehensive social media strategies across various platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Skilled in content creation, community management, and campaign optimization to drive audience growth and engagement.
  2. Content Strategy: Demonstrated ability to develop compelling content plans aligned with brand goals and target audience preferences. Experience in creating engaging posts, articles, videos, and graphics to increase brand visibility and drive traffic to websites or landing pages.
  3. Analytics and Reporting: Strong analytical skills to monitor and evaluate the performance of social media campaigns. Proficient in using social media analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and Sprout Social, to track key metrics, generate reports, and provide actionable insights for campaign optimization.
  4. Social Listening: Deep understanding of social listening techniques to monitor brand mentions, customer feedback, and industry trends. Skilled in utilizing data insights to identify opportunities for engagement and reputation management.
  5. Trend Identification: Proactive approach to stay up-to-date with the latest social media trends, emerging platforms, and industry best practices. Ability to leverage trends to develop innovative strategies and create viral content.
  6. Communication and Collaboration: Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to craft compelling copy and engage with diverse audiences. Strong collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams, including marketing, design, and sales, to align social media efforts with overall business objectives.
Experience:

[Company Name], [City, State] [Social Media Strategist] [Dates]

• Developed and executed comprehensive social media strategies for [Company Name], resulting in a 30% increase in brand awareness and a 20% growth in customer engagement.
  • Created engaging content for social media platforms, including written posts, images, videos, and infographics, leading to a 40% increase in organic reach and a 25% boost in website traffic.
  • Monitored and analyzed social media metrics to track campaign performance and generate actionable insights. Used data to optimize content, targeting, and ad spend, resulting in a 15% improvement in conversion rates.
  • Collaborated with the marketing team to integrate social media campaigns with broader marketing initiatives, ensuring consistent messaging and brand identity.
  • Conducted competitor research and industry analysis to identify trends, benchmark performance, and identify opportunities for innovation.
[Company Name], [City, State] [Social Media Coordinator] [Dates]

• Assisted in the development and execution of social media campaigns, including content creation, scheduling, and community management.
  • Monitored social media platforms to engage with the audience, respond to inquiries, and address customer concerns promptly.
  • Conducted research on industry trends and competitor activities to provide recommendations for improving social media strategies.
  • Assisted in the creation of monthly reports, highlighting key performance metrics and insights to guide future campaigns.
Certifications:

• [Social Media Marketing Certification], [Certification Authority], [Year]
  • [Google Analytics Certification], [Certification Authority], [Year]
References: Available upon request

Note: Customize this resume template with your own educational background, work experience, and skills. Also, remember to proofread and edit the resume for any errors or inconsistencies before sending it out.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Things I like:

- Focusing on achievements over tasks ("increased x by y")
- The general layout

Things I don't like:

- Your achievements are really, really bad. They aren't something I'd brag about. I've been in sales before and if I did 10 leads in 1 month I wouldn't have made it to month 2. You did a week of hard work and didn't get any clients - you received potential clients that you lost because you couldn't even sell them what they wanted to buy. That's terrible!
- Your layout for experience uses two different indent styles....
- Spelling errors ("loose")
- Complete lack of experience outside of two... well I don't know what they were but I'm not calling them jobs.

You'd honestly have a better chance pretending you had zero experience, ditch the "social media strategizer" claim, and write it as if you were a fresh grad with zero skills. List your interesting hobbies, list your strengths in general, and talk about how you're a hard worker with good communication skills who is hungry to prove himself within an entry level position in whatever field you're interested in. If you have volunteer experience, throw that in. If you have real world job experience (even McDonald's) throw that in. If you were ever voted "best" anything, throw that in. Honor student? Throw that in. You need to dig for shit that is actually worthy of being proud of.

All this resume tells me is you're bad at social media lead gen and don't run much of a computer business.

I'm not trying to be mean - that's just how this reads.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.