The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you drive?

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I drive a 2008 Hyundai Elantra.

Got it new in 2008. Drove it around 76k miles so far.

No car payments so I'm keeping this until it dies haha.

I'd recommend Hyundai's. No major problems. Just basic maintenance.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
smll.JPG
[HASHTAG]#teamaudi[/HASHTAG] like @steelandchrome

went from A5 to S5 ..prob get rid of it next year for somethin else

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
View attachment 5247
Some of my old stuff. 10 second street Chevelle small block. Wanna Runum?

Currently drive 2007 Jetta, 2002 Hyundai Accent(34 mpg, even so - still junk), 2004 GMC HD2500

Update: the Jetta met a tree and the Accent lost the trans. The GMC is still getting it done.
Upgraded to 2012 Versa and 2014 Accord
20150206_172322.jpeg

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Ford Ka 2007 in white for about 1,5 years now. Ugly and slow piece of shit. 2,5k€. Before that I had the same car in red but 10 years older (1998) and for only 500€, which fell apart after 2-3 years of driving it. See how long this one lasts. Now and then I'm thinking about leasing a nice car through my business but so far I have resisted. Will move to bigger city soon and mostly use cabs anyway..

YoungBroward

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
May 15, 2016
CBR 600rr ( paid full by myself) and 2013 genesis sedan my mom just passed down to me a week ago ( sponsored by mommy and daddy), definitely selling it soon to get a used ram 1500, I just need something to haul my stand up jet ski around.

Attachments

• DSC_0736.JPG
    DSC_0736.JPG
    966.9 KB · Views: 15
  • hyundai-genesis-seda-9_600x0w.jpg
    hyundai-genesis-seda-9_600x0w.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 17

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Uber and Taxify are my carriage of choice.

Of course my commute is about 5 meters unless you include the coffee shop downstairs.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Some of my old stuff. 10 second street Chevelle small block. Wanna Runum?

I once had a 1974 Chevelle that I had dreams of turning into a street racer. But alas, my wife convince me to sell it about 18 years ago.

This is not my Chevelle but found a pic of one that closely looked like it.

rsz_sucs_1046_11_o-keith_seymores_1974_chevy_chevelle-rear_view.jpg

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
2008 Camry, 4 cylinder. I stay on top of the maintenance to prevent surprises down the road, and it takes good care of me. I'll drive it 'till the wheels fall off.

LauraLou

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Sep 7, 2016
Bristol, UK
I've got a 16 year old Vauxhall/Opel Corsa Sport (the sport is very important!)

I'm incredibly happy with her, she's like my child. Great fun to drive; she's infinitely smaller than the ridiculously huge cars driving around today so I can always find a parking space that normal cars can't fit in to; and because she was the top end Corsa in 2000 she's got all the standard stuff for today's cars (electric windows, heated wing mirrors etc) which wasn't standard back in the day.

Only complaint is that because I used to live by the sea she's incredibly rusty, which costs a lot to get sorted every year during the MOT :(

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
First car was the first 2nd Gen GS300 in the picture, it kept getting hit, so after maybe 6 7 wrecks I parted ways with it. Took me forever to let it go because it was my first car which I paid in full at 19. I was proud of it lol. Plus I had quite a few mods on it. Was car-less for a while.

I then got a Jaguar S-type (got it for dirt cheap but it was the biggest POS ever), the transmission ended up going out so sold it.

Then got a another 2nd Gen GS. It got hit a week from the back after a week of ownership, and then it got T-boned.

After that I got a silver 2GS. Some idiot hit that and ran.

Now I'm back to another GS, this time it's the same color as my first one. So basically back into what I had 10 years ago lol.
GbYOAeX.jpg

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
CBR 600rr ( paid full by myself) and 2013 genesis sedan my mom just passed down to me a week ago ( sponsored by mommy and daddy), definitely selling it soon to get a used ram 1500, I just need something to haul my stand up jet ski around.
Nice!

The first bike in my avatar was a mate's CBR600RR. Mine was the ZX7R. That was a trip to the South of France.

One day I went up and down a mountain on his and got off and just stared at it speechless. All I could say for about 5 minutes was "F*ck. F*****ck!!! Like... What.The.F****ck."

Mind = Blown

Ahhh... them were the days...

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Well, I drive a machine unlike any other. When you see me on the street, I roll up in a baby blue 1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass. With an incredible towing capacity of 1,000 pounds and fuel efficiency clocking in at 25 miles per gallon, I have to practically beat the women back with a stick with all of the ladies that I get with this powerhouse of a car.

I LOLed at this. I used to have an Olds Ninety Eight with a piece of carpet covering the dash. The electric door locks didn't work, so in my freshman year of college I go out during a party, and find my roommate in the back seat with some half dressed girl. At least somebody got some chicks with that thing.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
LOL, yes I did.

The buying experience what kinda funny.

Whenever I buy a car (whether it's new or used) I do my research first and then hit the dealer with a cashiers check made out to the dealer with the price I want to pay, out the door, taxes and everything.

In this case, I told the sales lady I wanted the blue Tacoma for $XX,XXX (I don't remember the exact amount it was) and here was the cashier check.

I told her this transaction will be her FASTEST ever and that I don't want to play car-buying games. I specifically warned her, "All I want to hear is a "YES" or a "NO". Anything else, including playing the walking-back-and-forth game with your sales manager means I will walk out."

She said OK and let me get you an answer.

She walked away and into a back room.

Ten minutes later she came back and said, "Would you agree to $XX,XXX?" (In other words, NO, we want more money)

I smiled, shook my head and said, "Sorry, I said I wasn't looking to play games."

I stood up and started walking toward showroom exit.

She chased me down and urged STOP! "Let me see what I else I can do."

I turned around and said "YES" or "NO" otherwise I walk.

Minutes later I got the YES and the price I WANTED to pay.

Cash talks, but it also walks. LOL.
I've bought three cars this way almost exactly. One I got to the end and they wanted to charge a warranty transfer fee... I said no and the back and forth started again. I was tired and not having it so i tore the buyers order or whatever it was up and started walking out... The manager came running quick... I didn't pay that fee, sales guy had to reprint the paper work.

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
I drive a pretty nice car, but the car never makes me happy. I'm happy way before I even get into the car.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Just found a picture of the 74 Vette. I remember when I was 16 and pulled up to my high school with it, I got some dirty looks. :p

corvette.gif

Ron

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
May 22, 2013
old Toyota Echo coupe with manual trans - 40 mpg. It's my "pretend" sports car that's fun to drive.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
View attachment 5265View attachment 5266View attachment 5267View attachment 5268

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe (Daily Driver)
2003 BMW z4 roadster (Weekend/joyride)
2001 Honda Prelude Custom (Street Racing)
2001 BMW 330xi (needed an AWD vehicle as well as a 4-door)

Except for the Altima, all of my vehicles are "semi-business" aquisitions. I am able to resell for double what I paid for them (100% profit on each). I dont keep a vehicle for more than a couple months and i buy vehicles that are in high demand for the market; and in their "stand-still" depreciation phase. I just hate to put a lot of money into anything that depreciates which is why I love my method, unlimited supply of vehicles that pays me back whenever.

How about a thread on this. I'm sure there would be some Interested folks.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I roll in an 05 Camry and a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis. The Mercury looks kind of like a Crown Vic, so at night when I come up behind people and all they can see is the shape of the headlights everybody freakin slows down. At first it made me feel like a boss. After 3 years of driving the car, it basically just puts me into road rage.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Exactly. Unfortunately I learned to keep that to myself by putting foot in mouth.

Co-worker: Why do you drive such a shitbucket?

Me: You'd have to be a dumbass to put a couple hundred bucks a month into something that generates no income and depreciates by the second

When I realized my internal monologue spilled out like so much verbal diarrhea, I tried to recover, but there was no having it. Now when people ask I just pretend like I'm broke. People are weirdly less critical at the idea that I'm 30 and still broke than the idea that I might not waste my money. Strange.
Haha. Doh!

EDIT: Oops. We've probably just done that now to a few forum members.

I'd get a loan and a newer car if/when this one starts playing up.

My wife drives a reasonable distance on a motorway to work four days a week. We keep her car newer for peace of mind. That one has a loan attached.

If I spend a lot of time driving to client or prospect sites, then I'd consider getting a loan to get something a bit newer.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Haha. Doh!

EDIT: Oops. We've probably just done that now to a few forum members.

I'd get a loan and a newer car if/when this one starts playing up.

My wife drives a reasonable distance on a motorway to work four days a week. We keep her car newer for peace of mind. That one has a loan attached.

If I spend a lot of time driving to client or prospect sites, then I'd consider getting a loan to get something a bit newer.

Not at all judgmental of someone that has a car note. Perhaps to add context I should point out that the dude in question was making 40k/yr and had just purchased a brand new Ford Mustang... and calling my car a shitbucket.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.