The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you drive?

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
prelude.jpgbmw.jpgIMG_20130525_183151_730.jpgaltima 2.jpg

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe (Daily Driver)
2003 BMW z4 roadster (Weekend/joyride)
2001 Honda Prelude Custom (Street Racing)
2001 BMW 330xi (needed an AWD vehicle as well as a 4-door)

Except for the Altima, all of my vehicles are "semi-business" aquisitions. I am able to resell for double what I paid for them (100% profit on each). I dont keep a vehicle for more than a couple months and i buy vehicles that are in high demand for the market; and in their "stand-still" depreciation phase. I just hate to put a lot of money into anything that depreciates which is why I love my method, unlimited supply of vehicles that pays me back whenever.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
You from houston? My truck at the San Luis Pass. You really have to do some serious wheeling to get out here as I'm sure you know.

7atynyde.jpg

I was out at San Luis Pass for Memorial Day weekend (on the Sunday), it wasn't too packed. Took the ATV's out there (cops didn't like it too much though). I'm from Sugarland area, usually back and forth between Toronto.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
:thumbsup:

Ron

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
May 22, 2013
old Toyota Echo coupe with manual trans - 40 mpg. It's my "pretend" sports car that's fun to drive.

G

GuestUser8117

View attachment 5265View attachment 5266View attachment 5267View attachment 5268

Except for the Altima, all of my vehicles are "semi-business" aquisitions. I am able to resell for double what I paid for them (100% profit on each). I dont keep a vehicle for more than a couple months and i buy vehicles that are in high demand for the market; and in their "stand-still" depreciation phase. I just hate to put a lot of money into anything that depreciates which is why I love my method, unlimited supply of vehicles that pays me back whenever.

That's pretty smart.

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
1995 dodge intrepid with 185k miles.....like a boss :coolgleamA: it's not functional at the moment though lol

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
View attachment 5265View attachment 5266View attachment 5267View attachment 5268

How about a thread on this. I'm sure there would be some Interested folks.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
Mitsubishi-Carisma-1.8-GDI-Comfort-bj-2001-17462279.jpg

Mitsubishi Carisma Comfort
Bought it couple of years ago, still happy with it.

cdmedia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Oct 1, 2012
I lolled while reading The Millionaire Fastlane , because I drive a black 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT. Correct me if I'm wrong, but MJ, you had one back then right?

So did I! He did say he had one in the book if I remember correctly. Still driving my 92 3000GT VR4 around as a DD.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
So did I! He did say he had one in the book if I remember correctly. Still driving my 92 3000GT VR4 around as a DD.

Might not be a supercar but within it's price range vr4's are my dream cars.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA

I dunno man, I've had mine for 7 years now and it's just a heavy tank haha. I wish I had a faster, sportier car than it.

KeonTheGreat

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 25, 2012
97 saturn sl 5 speed. paid 850 for it lol great on gas and its no looker but few 21 yo in NYC have cars so im already ahead of the game this being my second car, first car was a 2004 maxima, call it a downgrade if you wish but my bank account thanks me for thinking with my brain.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
I dunno man, I've had mine for 7 years now and it's just a heavy tank haha. I wish I had a faster, sportier car than it.

I'll take your word for it. I just always liked the styling and they seem good on paper compared to others in its class. 4wd, twin turbos, 4 wheel steering, 300+ horse. My ford probe gt is a non turbo v6 and is pretty fun, handles good too.

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
I flip cars as well on my free time. Right now I'm driving a 2002 Golf as a beater but is actually for sale. If somebody offers more than 40% what I paid for is gone! And you can see in the background another car, a 2010 GTi, for sale too.

IMG-20130511-01397_zps14212ed5.jpg

Just had a loss on the S2000 last month, but is okay. We cannot always win on this business!

DSC_0695.jpg

And for this week... I'm helping my investor to sell this beauty here, only 2 available in the country:

IMG-20130529-01542_zps189655c0.jpg

Never drove anything like that before in my life! :thumbsup:

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
Just had a loss on the S2000 last month, but is okay. We cannot always win on this business!

DSC_0695.jpg

Nice! I'm curious to know if it were the mods on the car that made this sale go into negative? I can spot a few hefty mods on that by looking at that picture.

G

GuestUser8117

My dad own a honda s2000 as well. I can't drive it unfortunately.

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
Nice! I'm curious to know if it were the mods on the car that made this sale go into negative? I can spot a few hefty mods on that by looking at that picture.

Big list, you ready?

Engine

- KraftWerks Supercharger System (10lbs of boost)
- DC Headers
- HKS Hi-power Exhaust (3” inch), straight pipes LOUD!
- ACT Ceramic Stage 3 clutch

Exterior

- OZ Alleggerita HLT Wheels 18” (Matt Blue)
- Hankook Tires
- APR Carbon Fiber Front wind Splitter
- Single exhaust rear-bumper w/ carbon fiber cap
- TEIN Suspension

Interior

- Custom Roll-Cage painted in Matt Blue
- Bride Vios III Low Max System Seats Driver/Passenger
- MOMO Quick release Steering Wheel
- Aluminum Shift Knob

Clean title, running very nice... I paid around U$4,000 less of the retail price, and counting over U$12k in mods I thought I was doing a good deal.

But the reality is you need to buy a basic and desirable car. And I knew this... but I love S2000 and was my first modified car that I got to buy and sell. It was a mistake. The mods are done to your personal taste, so is not for everybody. And on top of that makes the car look like a "racing" one. And nobody wants to buy a beat up or raced car.

Anyway... It took almost 5 months to sell it. On to the next one...

charto911

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 3, 2013
I drive a car and I like it. Why the F*ck does this matter? The wealthiest people in the world dont drive -- they are driven. This is irrelevant question as everybody views cars differently.

cdmedia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Oct 1, 2012

True they are tanks but still faster than a majority of what's on the road today. Pretty good for a 20+ year old car.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
And for this week... I'm helping my investor to sell this beauty here, only 2 available in the country:
Is that some kind of special 458? I have seen more than 6 just in the RDU area.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.