The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
So far this year...

The Millionaire Fastlane (again)
How to Get Rich - Dennis Felix (again)
Crush It! - Gary V (again)
The Compound Effect - Dan Hardy (again)
Purple Cow - Seth Godin (again)
The Richest Man in Babylon
Rich Dad Poor Dad
Think and Grow Rich
What to Say When You Talk to Yourself

Currently...

Rework - Jason Fried

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
@[HASHTAG]#nowhere[/HASHTAG] actually I was in a rush to post, its an audio-book off Audible.

Quite good so far, just started it.

The chapter I am on talks about tracking, i.e taking account of something for example finances and watching and recording every purchase.

Something I do already basically, without writing it down though, but I don't spend on anything besides food & rent anyway.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tamy.O

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 11, 2016
I just finished reading Fastlane Millionaire.

Right now I am reading One Simple Idea For Startups and Entrepreneurs - Stephen Key
Listening to Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself - Alan Alda
If You Ask Me (And Of Course You Won't) - Betty White
Learning French with Basic French and Medical Terminology with Schaum's Medical Terminology

nichiseven

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Mar 1, 2016
Read: The Millionaire Fastlane
Current: 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Next: How To Win Friends & Influence people + The Mind Map Book

I haven't read the last two since I was a kid and reading TMF has convinced me I need to go back and refresh the lessons since I obviously wasn't paying enough attention the first time.

Doyle2k

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 13, 2016
Think and grow rich.

Im not enjoying it that much. It has too many spiritual references.

Do you guys like it?
I also found it to spiritual, however I enjoyed the stories of each persons path to success and found them motivating.

Audiobook reading is a bit dull..

Rob Tennant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Dec 29, 2013
Recently read: Choose Yourself by James Altucher, and The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer. Found tons of value in each of these books.

nichiseven

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Mar 1, 2016
Read: I re-read the entire Twilight series for research purposes. I think my soul cried out halfway through Breaking Dawn.
Current: Story of O. I love reading but I needed a break from reading non-fiction anything.

Overlander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 14, 2016
Recently finished: Rework, The Four Agreements, Think and Grow Rich, The 48 Laws of Power, The Science of Getting Rich
Currently reading: 4 hour work week, The Millionaire Fastlane , Outliers, Zero to One, 25 ways to win with people

Rob Tennant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Dec 29, 2013
I have a pretty big takeaway from Choose Yourself. One that I have implemented in my own life about 6mos ago and have watched it drastically change for the better. That is the daily practice of coming up with 10 ideas a day.

I wish I could share with you guys/gals that I'm a multi-millionaire biz owner and drop wisdom bombs all over the place, but that fact of the matter is I'm not. So I'm going to have to be creative and contribute in other ways until I get to that point.

The daily practice
So you come up with 10 business ideas, or creative ideas in general, each day. It is important to realize this is not a to do list, and will take some effort on your part, especially after you reach #6.

Cant come up with any ideas?
Thats because you have to relax, and sort of shut your brain off- I know it doesn't make sense at first, but trust. I find that if I just get quiet inside and let my subconscious come forward, the ideas will come.

This is fun
Get creative. It doesn't have to be biz ideas only. Come up with 10 ideas to solve a problem in your life. Or 10 things you can do at work to increase value or efficiency, 10 things you learned today, etc.

The point here is to make you sweat a little and workout your creative side. Like most things, the more you do this the better you will get. You will find that you will start coming up with more and better quality solutions to problems in your own life, at work, etc. Hell, you might even uncover a great idea for a business.

At the very least, you are greatly increasing the probability of coming up with a good biz idea if you are generating 3650 ideas a year! Yes, you are supposed to do this everyday, even Sundaes and holidays.

The book suggest writing these ideas down on paper then throwing them away. Personally, I do not do that because I expend a lot of effort and want to keep all my ideas so I can go back through them and use them. I just keep them on my iphone notes.

Hope this helps!

MrShah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Jul 10, 2014
Currently reading - Succeed on Your Own Terms - by Herb Greenberg and Patrick Sweeney - only 50 pages into it but finding this book very inspiring and motivational.

Recently finished The Science of Getting Rich - by Wallace D. Wattles (2nd or 3rd read), The Millionaire Maker - by Loral Langemeier and, of course, Harry Potter! :)

Next in line.... Grow Rich with the Property Cycle - by Kieran Trass (have read this one before but time for a refresh - great perspective and would have good insight on the changes going on in today's market)
The Science of getting rich is a Legit! I keep re-reading it every now and then

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Just finished Shoe dog after having finished TMF . Starting Ready, fire, aim later; i've seen it been mentioned a few times but seeing mixed reviews

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
So far this year...

The Millionaire Fastlane (again)
How to Get Rich - Dennis Felix (again)
Crush It! - Gary V (again)
The Compound Effect - Dan Hardy (again)
Purple Cow - Seth Godin (again)
The Richest Man in Babylon
Rich Dad Poor Dad
Think and Grow Rich
What to Say When You Talk to Yourself

Currently...

Rework - Jason Fried

Rework - Finished.
Don't make me think (design book) - Finished

Now on The Lean Start Up.

BeFound Faithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Dec 19, 2015
Southern California
Currently: The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster by Darren Hardy

On deck: (one of these) Will it Fly by Pat Flynn, Platform by Michael Hyatt, Second Chance by Robert Kiosaki

or
one from the list here. I'll have to check them out. Looks like Shoe Dog is the winner

Last edited:

EE7

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 3, 2013
I read a shitload of self-development books and it has become sort of repetative circlejerk. Anyone has had this happen? Only real value came from Mj's book, a speech I saw from Darren Hardy and the Elon Musk book.
I noticed this for sure. What I do is use MJ's book as the basis for everything and think of all of the other books I read as supplementation to TMF . Doing this really brought home the gold nuggets found in other books while reinforcing the fastlane mindset. Most books have a lot of fluff in them that you have to dig through to get to the gold.

Oh BTW I am reading Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill - early morning and before bed as well as You are Not Your Brain by Jeffrey M. Schwartz - audible throughout the day.

Last edited:
G

GuestUserX09

Just ordered these two today:
- The Personal MBA: Master the Art of Business
- [HASHTAG]#AskGaryVee[/HASHTAG]

Last Month:
- NLP: Neuro Linguistic Programming
- How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big
- How Successful People Think

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Just Finished:
Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future - easily the best biography I've read, Highly recommended
Power of Habit: Was pretty good
80/20 Marketing by Perry Marshall: Great book
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man: Excellent book

Marine Sniper: Excellent if you like that sort of stuff
Sled Driver: Again, excellent

Currently Reading:
Richard Branson Losing My Virginity: Excellent Book

On The List:
Breakthrough Advertising
Never Eat Alone
Don't Make Me Think
And a bunch more...

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Marine Sniper: Excellent if you like that sort of stuff

If you liked that book. Check out - With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa by E. B. Sledge

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.