The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Age 26 Goals - Going Down in My Signature !

Anything related to matters of the mind

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
I am turning 26 in 3 days. Getting a little scared here, time is ticking. I know that 10 years passed real quickly since my high school and another 10 will pass tomorrow :(

These are my age 26 goals, it will go down in my signature.
I will be active in this forum, and the signature will be a reminder for myself.

The following goals can be achieved today if I have the money. So these are financial goals :cool:

~~~~ FINANCIAL GOALS ~~~~
1) Move into a 2 BHK rented house from the rented room.
2) Take my parents for a 2 week trip to another country. I am thinking about Europe.
3) Build my business big enough so that my brother can quit his current job and be a co-founder. I know areas where he can be a power player.
4) Have a revenue of $10,000 a month. Do not aim for anything lesser.
5) Make sure that the business I built is location independent. Because I want to travel as well. I am reaching my late 20s, I need more experiences.

Following goals are personal goals. I think these are skills that I will have if i ever become a millionaire anyway, so it is reverse engineered :cigar:

~~~~ PERSONAL GOALS ~~~~
1) Have more fun.
2) Be my own strongest mentor. Don't let myself have low standards. Always look at myself in a non-judgmental way and improve.
3) Be more emotional. Meditate, future pace, look back at life, extrapolate, visualize to connect logic with emotion. This is how I will tap into my motivation, build urgency and build my inner game.
4) Be an action taker. Learn to work harder and faster. Learn to put things in To-Do list and complete it in record speed. Get shit done. Be a fast implementer.
5) Avoid time wasters.
6) Read books and get knowledge constantly, especially by avoiding time wasters
7) Find more mentors and build relationships with more people.

Time is ticking.
Hustle hustle hustle.

Hustle.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

dbx286

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Aug 13, 2016
5) Avoid time wasters. -- this especially in social context has been a game changer for me.

I have wasted countless hours in pointless banter with my buddies. Only if I could get those hours back.
Time is your most precious resource.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
5) Avoid time wasters. -- this especially in social context has been a game changer for me.

I have wasted countless hours in pointless banter with my buddies. Only if I could get those hours back.
Time is your most precious resource.

Sure it is.
Good luck on your journey as well :)

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Get super detailed and specific with your goals.

e.g. instead of "Move into a bigger house from the rented apartment"

Write down every single detail, how many bedrooms, bathrooms, where is it located?

Get a clearer picture in your mind and take massive action everyday.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Get super detailed and specific with your goals.

e.g. instead of "Move into a bigger house from the rented apartment"

Write down every single detail, how many bedrooms, bathrooms, where is it located?

Get a clearer picture in your mind and take massive action everyday.

Thanks. I think that will help a lot. I am visualizing everyday, will add more details.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
So what actions are you going to take to achieve your goals?

Can you achieve a $10k/mo income with your current activities? If the answer is a resounding NO, then you need to do something else.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
1) Move into a bigger house from the rented apartment. - Liability
2) Take my parents for a 2 week trip to another country. I am thinking about Europe. - Liability
3) Build my business big enough so that my brother can quit his current job and work with me. - Liability
4) Have a revenue of $10,000 a month. Do not aim for anything lesser. Is this YOUR business or are you working for someone else?
5) Make sure that the business I built is location independent. Because I want to travel as well. I am reaching my late 20s, I need more experiences. - Liability

You may want to rethink your "financial goals"!

LouieLouie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
May 30, 2014
Fort Collins Colorado
3) Be more emotional

Interesting:

In my (almost 20 years) of doing business, I have found the #1 thing that stands in my way of wealth is....

My emotions.

And you want more of them?

I've spent an unbelievable amount of energy, perfecting my diet, exercise, thoughts, daily routines etc. To eliminate emotions.

Take John D Rockefeller the richest man ever.

He was a machine!

The sad truth is emotions are great to build relationships ..
BUT not for wealth.

Discipline not emotions will get you there.

Are they not polar opposites ?

In fact this gets me warmed up a bit.,,

Look at ultra wealthy people like; Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckalburg, what do their personal relationships look like.

Not what I would want.

Why?

To build massive wealth on the scale these people did, the less emotional the better, and that don't make for a very good marriage.

Are there exceptions?

Of course. There always are. Look at Tony Robbins, possibly the most successful person with relationships on earth, and very rich.

But in general running a profitable company is about mastering or overcoming emotions, no?

Ok I went on..... To much

Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
May 27, 2013
United States
5) Avoid time wasters.

Random thought here:

I recently started doing 10 push-ups everytime I made a time wasting choice. After only 3 days I was already feeling a mental aversion to time wasting activities because my subconcious was making the association between the punishment and the choice. It's not perfect, but my time wasting has improved since I started.

Even if it doesn't help with time wasting, the worst case scenario is that you get stronger.

And now it's time for me to do some pushups. ;)

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
So what actions are you going to take to achieve your goals?

Can you achieve a $10k/mo income with your current activities? If the answer is a resounding NO, then you need to do something else.

At this point of time I am building a Web Development business.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
2) Take my parents for a 2 week trip to another country. I am thinking about Europe. - Liability
3) Build my business big enough so that my brother can quit his current job and work with me. - Liability
4) Have a revenue of $10,000 a month. Do not aim for anything lesser. Is this YOUR business or are you working for someone else?
5) Make sure that the business I built is location independent. Because I want to travel as well. I am reaching my late 20s, I need more experiences. - Liability

I have doubts -
1) Why is "Build my business big enough so that my brother can quit his current job and work with me." a liability?
2) Why is "Make sure that the business I built is location independent. Because I want to travel as well. I am reaching my late 20s, I need more experiences." a liability?

I understand what you meant by other goals of mine.
Buying a lamborghini is a liability as well.

There is something about getting my parents to visit Europe and helping my brother quit his job that makes my journey a lot more meaningful. It makes the journey passionate. It is giving/selfless.

If you have read The Millionaire Fastlane , MJ found paying his mothers mortgage as a reason to be passionate about his efforts. And that made him hustle much harder. Its a liability according to you I guess.

Oh btw this is my "Age 26 goal" and not my "life goal".

If I can move into a bigger house in a year thats awesome! That just means cashflow.

Cashflow is awesome :cool:

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Random thought here:

I recently started doing 10 push-ups everytime I made a time wasting choice. After only 3 days I was already feeling a mental aversion to time wasting activities because my subconcious was making the association between the punishment and the choice. It's not perfect, but my time wasting has improved since I started.

Even if it doesn't help with time wasting, the worst case scenario is that you get stronger.

And now it's time for me to do some pushups. ;)

Awesome. Tony Robbins talks about something similar to that in his book "Awaken the giant within" in the NAC Chapter.

You are awakening brother :)

EE7

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 3, 2013
At this point of time I am building a Web Development business.
I am not intending to derail the thread but to help. While creating this Web Development business focus on what makes your company different from the other thousands of Web Development companies out there. Also very cool idea to keep your goals in the sig and hold yourself accountable. Keep hustling!

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Interesting:

In my (almost 20 years) of doing business, I have found the #1 thing that stands in my way of wealth is....

My emotions.

And you want more of them?

I've spent an unbelievable amount of energy, perfecting my diet, exercise, thoughts, daily routines etc. To eliminate emotions.

Take John D Rockefeller the richest man ever.

He was a machine!

The sad truth is emotions are great to build relationships ..
BUT not for wealth.

Discipline not emotions will get you there.

Are they not polar opposites ?

In fact this gets me warmed up a bit.,,

Look at ultra wealthy people like; Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckalburg, what do their personal relationships look like.

Not what I would want.

Why?

To build massive wealth on the scale these people did, the less emotional the better, and that don't make for a very good marriage.

Are there exceptions?

Of course. There always are. Look at Tony Robbins, possibly the most successful person with relationships on earth, and very rich.

But in general running a profitable company is about mastering or overcoming emotions, no?

Ok I went on..... To much

@LouieLouie How is it going today?

I think you meant a completely different thing.
You are talking about reacting to emotion.
I meant about being emotional without being reactive.

Adding emotion to logic is what visionaries do. People like Elon Musk and Steve Jobs are emotional in that respect. People will connect to you better if what you talk has emotions behind it. And you will have meaning to your action if you are emotional. Here is a post of mine from the forum -
hustle.png

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
I have doubts -
1) Why is "Build my business big enough so that my brother can quit his current job and work with me." a liability?
2) Why is "Make sure that the business I built is location independent. Because I want to travel as well. I am reaching my late 20s, I need more experiences." a liability?

There is something about getting my parents to visit Europe and helping my brother quit his job that makes my journey a lot more meaningful. It makes the journey passionate. It is giving/selfless.

If you have read The Millionaire Fastlane , MJ found paying his mothers mortgage as a reason to be passionate about his efforts. And that made him hustle much harder. Its a liability according to you I guess.

If I can move into a bigger house in a year thats awesome! That just means cashflow.

How does moving into a bigger house in a year mean cash flow?

Assuming your business is doing $120k/year in revenue AND you are reinvesting back into the business to not only maintain that level but grow it I would assume you would be paying yourself as little as possible... I dont know what the margins are like in your business but everything should be going back to the business.

Then if you get a bigger house with a 1-2.5k mortgage that is going to cost you 12-30k/ year and then you need to account for all your other expenses.

If you're going to take your parents to Europe for 2 weeks you're probably looking at 5-15k in flight, food, lodge, travel, experiences.

If you're going to have your brother quit his job and work with you it is going to cost you $7.25 * 20-40 hours minimum and thats if your brother is getting paid shit, why would he leave if he can get paid more somewhere else.

Your goals contradict each other, not that they're bad, but mathematically they dont make sense and a liability is something that loses money and most of those goals do. Instead focus on building financial goals that create streams of income that can provide the lifestyle you want.

-Create a business that NET's 10k/mo in profit to me by X date
-In September take my parents to Spain for 1 week for the price of XXXXX (after you calculate it out
-By the end of the year hire my brother part time to do X for X amount of money X hours per week.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
And you need to stop talking about emotion and vision. You are mentally masturbating the emotions of accomplishing your goals without accomplishing them giving yourself the feeling that you have already done it. Which in turn means you'll never do it.

Why do it if you can be it?

Read the ego is the enemy by Ryan Holiday - he talks about what you're doing.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
How does moving into a bigger house in a year mean cash flow?

Assuming your business is doing $120k/year in revenue AND you are reinvesting back into the business to not only maintain that level but grow it I would assume you would be paying yourself as little as possible... I dont know what the margins are like in your business but everything should be going back to the business.

Then if you get a bigger house with a 1-2.5k mortgage that is going to cost you 12-30k/ year and then you need to account for all your other expenses.

If you're going to take your parents to Europe for 2 weeks you're probably looking at 5-15k in flight, food, lodge, travel, experiences.

If you're going to have your brother quit his job and work with you it is going to cost you $7.25 * 20-40 hours minimum and thats if your brother is getting paid shit, why would he leave if he can get paid more somewhere else.

Your goals contradict each other, not that they're bad, but mathematically they dont make sense and a liability is something that loses money and most of those goals do. Instead focus on building financial goals that create streams of income that can provide the lifestyle you want.

-Create a business that NET's 10k/mo in profit to me by X date
-In September take my parents to Spain for 1 week for the price of XXXXX (after you calculate it out
-By the end of the year hire my brother part time to do X for X amount of money X hours per week.

You are right. I will think this through.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
I have doubts -

Paying for a trip to Europe for your parents cost money, therefore it is a liability. I never said it was a "bad" thing, but that is not "smart" financial goal.

If you need to have a large enough company for your brother to quit his job and work with you, that implies that you will be carrying him to an extent. (a liability)... If not, then why doesn't he quit his job now and go create his own value? Again, this is not a bad thing, but it's not a sound "financial" goal.

Moving into a bigger house is NEGATIVE cash flow.

Most of these things are a "consumer" mindset. Not a producers mindset. - Maybe you should read the book again.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
You are right. I will think this through.

Good for you to post it on the forum though. Most people never would have - and I used to do the same shit until I met my mentor and he mathematically broke my goals into pieces because they weren't based in reality and from there helped me understand how to frame them.

Also I read that screen cap you posted. I would highly suggest throwing that out and just doing the work that produces income. I dont know you or how you work but there was not a mention of doing any income based activity and that means its just keeping you busy but not getting you to your financial goals.

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
I think you are mixing emotion with passion.
You can become quite emotional about your passion.
And you can be completely emotional about your favorite daily soap.
But if your get passionate about your daily soap, you should think about getting off "the sidewalk".

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016

I am going to do the exact same things for my next goal. Just 10X bigger. Rented apartment will be buying a luxury house, will take my parents out for a 2 month trip, scale profits from $10,000 to $50,000 and so on. Will post it in the forum in a few days once i think though it. Hopefully i will reach there faster than last time (I made this post over 2.5 years ago)

I know it was a liability, but i love the satisfaction on accomplishing it :)

Finally, I completely forgot about this post. I just saw it again today when i logged in after over a year. But its still good to know that my life is moving forward.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
Congrats man, looking forward to your post where you go into more detail!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.