• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by ChrisV, Sep 6, 2018.

1. rynor

rynor Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $492
    Seth Godin - Purple Cow

Alex Enache likes this.
  2. SLOJack

SLOJack New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Just going through:
    • The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change

rynor and Kennypaul like this.
  3. Schwarz

Schwarz Half Man ; Half Goat Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $389
    Psycho-cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz

It's about changing your inner self and all that good stuff.

4. Bitz

Bitz New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $6
    Two Other Great Reads:

• The Million-Dollar, One-Person Business: Make Great Money. Work the Way You Like. Have the Life You Want by Elaine Pofeldt

• The Lean StartUp by Eric Reis

Currently reading....

The One Thing by Gary Keller

mattsteinman likes this.
  5. ecommercewolf

ecommercewolf New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $71
    Finished reading Unscripted for the 2nd time last week. A lot of things I did not notice on the 1st read

Currently: The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi. Not a business book but I already love it so far. Good book on intergender dynamics

Next: Purple Cow by Seth Godin. I've heard nothing but great things about this book from various people so I'm excited to get into this one.

redshift likes this.
  6. ecommercewolf

Rep Bank:
    $71
    Have this one ordered and will be my next read. Excited about it.

rynor likes this.
  7. Sanj Modha

Sanj Modha Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,445
    Purple Cow by Seth Godin.

Its easily one of the best marketing books I've ever read.

Alex Enache and rynor like this.
  8. Siddhartha

Siddhartha Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $463
    [​IMG]
    Interesting read, I can see how it would've been ground-breaking back in 2010.
    The book is made redundant if you've listened to any entrepreneur podcast after 2011, however.

[​IMG]
    I want the time given to this book back. Good for the author that he did his deal after getting fired from his last job; but there's a lot of self-congratulatory back-slapping and outright speculation.
    The bits on networking were very interesting though, and I'll need to remember to try them out sometime.

[​IMG]
    Intellectual brain food to help me mull over why I need to keep fighting myself to be the best I can be on this earth no matter what feedback I get

[​IMG]
    Another one for fun; First encountered the memory palace technique with Joshua Foer's "Moonwalking with einstien" which I wrote off, but coming back to it through this book is motivating me to put forth the effort to fully engage with the technique.

redshift likes this.
  9. Arqium

Arqium New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $21
    No More Mr. Nice Guy, Robert A Glover.
    So far, it has been a life changer to me.

Schwarz likes this.
  10. Olimac21

Olimac21 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,003
    Just wondering if you guys take some time between books to reflect and process what you have just read? Or you just move to the next book on your list?

The Boy and ZF Lee like this.
  11. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,938
    Sounds like it has a similar theme to that for TFLF and UNSCRIPTED.

Any pointers the book has that the Fastlane duo don't?

12. Schwarz

Schwarz Half Man ; Half Goat Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $389
    Added to my list :)

13. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,938
    Yes, I do!

That's why I pick my books very seriously, and avoid certain topics that have a bad reputation for giving me shit, like self-development and personal finance.

I'm at the stage where the next book I read must hit my problems directly, so definitely the reflection process is needed to give me the nuggets.

14. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,160
    I have a few balls bouncing...

The Road To Serfdom. FA Hayek.

Bad Blood Secrets and Lies of a Silicon Valley Startup. Carreyrou

The Reason for God; belief in the age of skepticism. Timothy Keller

All three of these are fascinating and are making me smarter.

15. SM Switi

SM Switi Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,070
    Power vs. Force by david hawkins

16. Kennypaul

Kennypaul Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,088
    Although I just started.So far,I've only come across a few pointers that the duo don't have.It's not as detailed as the duo but it shows similarities and most things "fastlaners" are aware of.Good book though!.

ZF Lee likes this.
  17. Siddhartha

Rep Bank:
    $463
    [​IMG]
    This book changed me.
    I read his earlier work "Love yourself like your life depended on it" and it was mildly useful for changing my self-talk and engaging some more self-respect/conviction, but it was just that, mild. Here Kamal managed to find the perfect g-spot between truth, hopes, life, and carrying on that gifted me a peace that I hadn't had since I read Herman Hesse's "Siddartha" when I was 19. I can tangibly feel that things will work out, and things will especially workout once I leave my gig to put all my effort into my venture.
    Highly recommended, and this is free with a kindle unlimited subscription.

[​IMG]
    Completely solid book that I would recommend to anyone in a heart beat. It's a relatively short read but well layed out and sprinkled with anecdotes that help you latch onto the meaning and the process of getting over fears. Interestingly enough, author has ties to Kamal Ravikant and James Altucher.

[​IMG]
    Another critical book; People like Peterson would want you to believe that learned helplessness and pessism (and it's counterpart [mild-servere]-depression are innate and not easily overcome without a prescription course and multiples of psychiatrist visits.
    In "Learned optimism" Seligman shows you decades of research, much of it his own; and how he could produce lasting, powerful results in mere weeks. He also shows statistics and evidence on how optimists are almost always more successful, higher-earners, and much more healthy; and also stories of people who started as poor-performing pessimists or depressed people that were re-trained and let loose back out into the world to success. This book helped me understand a bit more of the "Blind, reality distorting optimism streak" I see come up again and again with all successful entrepreneurs from Trump to Branson to Jobs; and I'm re-engineering my beliefs to adopt some more of this magic.
    Glad Tony Robbins mentioned this in "Awaken the giant within" which I'm back to reading now.

Stay frosty and get at it y'all

18. Sidney_781

Sidney_781 Single Mom, Grinder, Future Fastlaner Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,909
    Making my way through “War of Art” as a recommendation from a fellow FLF member. Amazing read for authors and wannabe authors!

19. ecommercewolf

Rep Bank:
    $71
    Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport

20. Olimac21

Olimac21 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,003
    The courage to be disliked-Ichito Kishimi.

21. Siddhartha

Rep Bank:
    $463
    [​IMG]

The things Stevey-boy did and inspired people to do while changing the landscape of human communication and experience not once or even twice but 4 times over can make you feel smaller than an ant.
    I'm at an utter loss about what I can even do right now, in the face of this man's fight and this man's generational legacy.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Scalr and Sanj Modha like this.
  22. El_Johnson23

El_Johnson23 P.C.O. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $352
    Just finished reading Think Like a Champion: An Informal Education in Business and Life by D. Trump and started The Million-Dollar One-Person Business by E. Pofeldt, which is excellent.

23. Siddhartha

Rep Bank:
    $463
    Tell us what you think, it can be pretty redundant if you've read 4hr work week and 100$ startup imo; the resources section does have some useful nuggets despite that.

24. El_Johnson23

El_Johnson23 P.C.O. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $352
    I find that the concrete examples given throughout the book are great applicable guides to starting a business with minimal resources, especially for people fully transitioning from an 'stable' career job to a self-run venture without getting into the pitfalls that most small business owners get into. It also sheds a good amount of light on the process the showcased entrepreneurs went through to establish themselves in different fields

In my case, its aided me in making the process of launching less daunting, helped clarify some of my goals, and evaporated several limiting beliefs. Pretty good a for a $10 and 4hr investment.

25. Jm10k

Jm10k New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $92
    I decided to pick up the book, "the art of learning" by Josh Waitzkin.
    The book is not your typical self-help book but is a great nonfiction book of the learning process. I came across this book after I read "unscripted" and realized, I have a fixed mindset which has contributed to my failures in life.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Siddhartha likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.