The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 30, 2019
Just read The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement.

Saw this at Barnes and Noble, the novel itself looks good but that cover hurts my eyes. May go ahead and pick up the audiobook if there's a narration already.

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

Roughneck

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 14, 2018
Reading Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman.

Finding this extremely informative and I am only 20% into the book. It's definitely changing my thought process on marketing to target markets.

Listening to Platform Revolution.

So far so good. Only an half hour into the book but it seems like it's going to be useful.

ToraBro

New Contributor
Jul 17, 2017
Japan
Just finished reading Unscripted. It was a really great book that is motivational, tells you the steps to start taking action, and to me is like the bible of entrepreneurship. Looking for a new book to read during my train ride to work. (still slowlane as F*ck, but am trying to start a business in my spare time)

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 30, 2019

A worthy Robert Greene book. The hard copy doesn't look like much and the formatting is cheap, but heard through audible it rings through as the genuine article.

About a fifth of the way through.
As someone that listens to Unscripted on repeat, this book is more relaxed though ellsberg brings in a lot of good anecdotes and interviews.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
getUnscripted.com

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 26, 2018
How Jesus Became God : the Exaltation of a Jewish Preacher from Galilee-Bart Ehrman

Jeff Noel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
jfnoel.com

lydialeads

Contributor
May 29, 2019
Already read The Millionaire Fastlane, which gave me x-ray vision.

Now reading MJ's Unscripted... LOVE IT! :fire::fire::fire:

Ramtin

New Contributor
Oct 16, 2018
The Netherlands
Last couple of months I read the following books: atomic habits by James Clear because MJ recommended it. Very good one. Will read it again. I also completed never split the difference which is a book about negotiating written by a hostage negotiator. To take a small break from entrepreneur books I read “sapiens” which I love! And another very interesting one was hacking Darwin. Right now i’m back to business and Started zero to one. Thinking about buying 10x but for some reason I’m doubting that it will be of great value. As the core principle is very clear and simple.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA

What I like about this book is that it really highlights the aspect of putting the customer first and foremost in business endeavors. Looking at everything from their perspective. The author owned and operated the largest psychiatry practice in New York and was a self-made multimillionaire. It talks a lot about the science of consciousness as well and how it relates to a successful business and life. Highly recommend it.

Insidious

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 3, 2019
Asheville, NC
View attachment 25036

What I like about this book is that it really highlights the aspect of putting the customer first and foremost in business endeavors. Looking at everything from their perspective. The author owned and operated the largest psychiatry practice in New York and was a self-made multimillionaire. It talks a lot about the science of consciousness as well and how it relates to a successful business and life. Highly recommend it.
@Bryan James
Does the book say anything about the source of the book? Dr. Hawkins died in 2012.

William B

New Contributor
Dec 29, 2018
How to Win friends & Influence people
21 Lessons for the 21st century
Autobiography of Walt Disney

Last 3 books I have read... still working on Disney's autobiography and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to hear about a man who overcame failure after failure, and tons of adversity!!

Reactions: Kak

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I haven't seen many resources recommended here on creating white papers.
My recent Upwork gig was polishing a white paper.

Tough job, as you need to organize data, cut out crap and not be salesy.

I had to run a few revisions on the project as I was still green to it.

Then I found a website called That White Paper Guy, by Gordon Graham. He also wrote a book on the subject called White Papers for Dummies.

I used to worry that the Dummies series was too basic.

I was wrong.

It explained LOTS about where white papers can work well for which sales processes, its evolution through the times, and how to decide WHAT KIND of white paper you are looking to make (he describes them in terms of 'flavours'), and how to create that.

A backgrounder? A product specs? Combination of both?

Plus, Graham's website has some sample white papers to look at as well.
They seem to be on technologies long obsolete, but the concepts and formatting are still evergreen.

Anakalypsi

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 2, 2019
Currently listening to The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and man did I underestimate it.

The clickbait title was a huge no-no for me for a long time but both the content and how it is narrated really resonates well with me.

This one I will relisten to digest it better after I've finished it

Reactions: Kak

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 30, 2019
It's been a busy past few weeks

And last but not least:
Finally got my hard copy of unscripted in, between reading and listening to it I have almost the entire book memorized.

Why the f*** would you read so many books instead of selling fidget spinners on street corners and TAKING ACTION like a real hustler siddharhtha?
Because I am trapped in an office for a good amount of time and have a Fortune of time to spend listening to audible books.
At the moment I only have about 2 hours a day (waking up at 4am) to work on my business and plying myself to copywriting in hopes of escaping and gaining more time. Audio books are a way for me to fight back
No one is perfect, everybody does what they can do to do what they can; I'm just throwing in extra ingredients as I'm prepping my launchpad.

Matt Sun

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Atomic habits.

Unscripted.

And to relax...El ingenioso Hidalgo Don Quijote de La Mancha from Miguel de Cervantes. I love bursting in to laugh while reading it.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 30, 2019
@AndrewNC

Thank you, you created something that truly helped someone early in the journey.
We kept talking about this book in our Mastermind for days.

Attachments

MickeyNicks

New Contributor
Sep 13, 2018
Platform Revolution: How Networked Markets Are Transforming the Economy and How to Make Them Work for You

Becoming Dr. Seuss: Theodor Geisel and the Making of an American Imagination

Womat

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 24, 2019

Reading "The Way of the Wolf" - Jordan Belfort
Listening in the car - "59 seconds" - Richard Wiseman

Roughneck

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 14, 2018
Just finished listening to Elon Musk By Ashlee Vance. Good book to listen too. Amazing story. Musk is a machine. Recommended.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom