The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

#lifestyle #growthmindset

Anything related to matters of the mind
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 19, 2024
When do you upgrade your lifestyle ? Do you wait till you have an abundance of money flowing or upgrade little by little or is it just preference ? Want to make sure it’s done the right way and not biting off more than I can chew . Plus theres so many methods and tips, and budgets out there on the internet so I’m trying weed out the Slow lane method from fast lane method

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Hmm... let me turn to page 3749 in the book of rules about what to do with your life and.... hmm.....

There's nothing there.

No right answer, just listen to what your gut says and don't let fear or weakness guide your decisions.

You will have more money by spending less.

But then what was the damn point in the first place?

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Aug 26, 2023
I usually budget my goals first, both short-term and long-term. Then I plan an emergency budget in case Mr. Murphy comes for a visit.

Whatever that's left to spare, I upgrade accordingly.

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Mar 24, 2021
England
It's a real issue where people don't feel or think that they deserve better. They say NO, NO, NO. I need to save, save, save.

While that's true, let's be real for a moment. You won't reach your dreams if you ALWAYS say 'no' to the oportunities life offers.

The real question is - would this purchase make you a net positive or a net negative later on in life? and only you can answer that question.

My actionable points are:
If the purchase is an overall positive for you; then go for it - regardless of your fears.
If the purchase is an overall negative for you; then ask yourself - why are you doing this to yourself?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
When do you upgrade your lifestyle ? Do you wait till you have an abundance of money flowing or upgrade little by little or is it just preference ? Want to make sure it’s done the right way and not biting off more than I can chew . Plus theres so many methods and tips, and budgets out there on the internet so I’m trying weed out the Slow lane method from fast lane method
Spend as if you are making business decisions.

The ROI needs to be justified.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Aug 26, 2023
It's a real issue where people don't feel or think that they deserve better. They say NO, NO, NO. I need to save, save, save.

While that's true, let's be real for a moment. You won't reach your dreams if you ALWAYS say 'no' to the oportunities life offers.

The real question is - would this purchase make you a net positive or a net negative later on in life? and only you can answer that question.

My actionable points are:
If the purchase is an overall positive for you; then go for it - regardless of your fears.
If the purchase is an overall negative for you; then ask yourself - why are you doing this to yourself?

Don't underestimate the human mind. It will always justify your want, not need.

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
Keep in mind collateral expenses as you expose yourself to new perspectives and cultural norms. Your raggedy four wheeler sitting in the back of your shiny new truck is going to work hard on your psyche. Putting your kids in private school opens them up to a whole new world of expensive peer pressure. That big house in a ritzy neighborhood comes with a new set of friends who will encourage you to join the country club and vacation in Aspen.

You didn’t say where you are on the lifestyle spectrum. Usually upgrades are organic, even for the most frugal. But if cash is piling up and the thought of giving up your ramen noodles is still causing you stress, then start small. A lot of satisfaction can be found in walking the aisles at the grocery store and putting items in your cart without checking the prices. Dabble in experiences that have always intrigued you but seemed too frivolous. Making small investments in your wellness is an excellent use of your hard-earned gains.

The fact that you’re on this forum and asking this question indicate that you’re gonna be okay while you figure it out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.