The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I picked up a book called The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur the other day. I think it was like $4 for Kindle. It's about 200 pages and follows a lot of the principles of TMF . It's all about starting business on a shoestring and the author has a no BS way of writing, similar to a lot of posts on this forum. Don't waste money on business cards without a business, don't create a 100-page business plan that you won't end up following, etc. Check it out...

Amazon.com: The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur eBook: Mike Michalowicz: Kindle Store

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Not sure if video series count? Anyway, im watching trainsignal win server 2008 R2. Its pretty good, just very long. 27 videos at around an hour each.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
"Ready Fire Aim" by Michael Masterson.

Anyone else read this book? I'm a few chapters in and it seems pretty good so far.

Also does anyone know anything about Robert Ringer and his audio program called " A Dealmaker's Dream"?
It's about the art of making a deal.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
About 3/4 of the way threw Billionaire in training, and probably won't finish it. He spends the first half of the book taking about the 5 levels of being an entrepreneur. 0 being an employee and 5 being a true entrepreneur.

Basically what he does is find business for sale, ones that have potential to grow and gets them for a cheap as possible. Turns them around and sells them within a year. Makes it seem alot easier than it actually is.

Edit: One more thing is he plugs his other books and services alot and it annoys the hell out of me.

sharky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Mar 2, 2011
Philadelphia
Just read Mark Cuban's book "How to win at the sport of business." Was a good read, not great but good, fast and entertaining. For $2.99 on Amazon was definitely worth it.

Also, just finished "The Fountainhead", Ayn Rand. EXCELLENT book, highly recommended.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Just read Mark Cuban's book "How to win at the sport of business." Was a good read, not great but good, fast and entertaining. For $2.99 on Amazon was definitely worth it.

Also, just finished "The Fountainhead", Ayn Rand. EXCELLENT book, highly recommended.

Started Founntainhead but it's a tough read... definitely interesting..

Looking forward to read Cuban's book too, much respect to the guy!

Reading Walter Isaacson's Steve Jobs bio. Damn!!! Such a story. People call Jobs selfish, liar, totally not loyal, a**hole BUT at the same time say they consider themselves lucky to have worked for him and it that it was their best job! Wow..

C

chudnovsky

Re-reading The Millionaire Fastlane .... it's only been 3 months since I read it for the first time, but I've got a much deeper understanding of the different concepts now.....also a good reminder of how boring mediocrity is (slowlane)

Nick2169

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 17, 2011
I'm about a third of the way through Start Your Own Business: The ONLY Startup Book You'll Ever Need by Entrepreneur Press. It's very informative so far, in fact at times a little too informative as it tends to get bogged down a bit in extraneous details. It's also meant to be more of a reference book (it's about 700 pages) than one that you read straight through from cover to cover. I'd recommend it for when you need a quick intro or refresher on a particular subject.

Stefan Em

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 4, 2011
Switzerland
General Knowledge:
A Short History Of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson
The Pedant's Revolt - Andrea Barham

Entrepreneurship:
The ZigZag Principle - Rich Christiansen

Self-Improvement:
My Big TOE: Discovery - Thomas Campbell

Fun and Amusement:
Catch-22 - Josepf Heller and Christopher Buckely
Pimp - Iceberg Slim
Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
Animal Farm - George Orwell

More Books on my list:
Descartes' Error - Antonio Damasio
War of the Worldviews - Leonard Mlodinow, Deepak Choprah
Finding God Through Sex - David Deida
In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts - Gabor Mate

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Who Owns the Icehouse by Clifton Taulbert and Gary Schoeniger. Highly recommend this, definitely one of my favorite books so far.

dubaismartmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 28, 2011
The Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuk

The Thank You Economy is about something big, something greater than any single revolutionary platform. It isn't some abstract concept or wacky business strategy—it's real, and every one of us is doing business in it every day, whether we choose to recognize it or not. It's the way we communicate, the way we buy and sell, the way businesses and consumers interact online and offline.

Harli87

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Oct 4, 2011
Huddersfield, UK
I recently read JBL's (self-made millionaire wrestler's) Have More Money Now. I wonder what he would be preaching if he never made it in wrestling ;) Slowlane techniques in this book but his budgeting advice is good. (Of course he made his millions as a celeb. As MJ says, he's investing to maintain wealth, rather than to get it)

Primzi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2011
Ljubljana, Slovenia
In the past few months, I've read:

I will teach you to be rich (Ramit Sethi) - A great book to take care of your personal finance

Getting things done (David Allen) - a great productivity and organization book, prevents you from forgetting anything ever again.

A Million bucks by 30 (Alan corey) - a good inspirational story, showing that with enough determination, you can reach your goals. Not exactly fastlane in my opinion, but a good read nevertheless.

Influence: The psychology of persuasion (Robert B. Cialdini) - a must read for anyone who is into marketing. It might be a bit hard to read at times, but it is well worthwhile. It is full of interesting anecdotes as well.

I am currently reading:

-Breakthrough rapid reading
-7 Habits of successful people
-Personal MBA
-Math better explained

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
-Breakthrough rapid reading

Great book. 99.9% of the time I read a book cover to cover but this one only read some of it. That is sort of ironic in itself given the title of the book, but after the first two or three techniques were revealed I started using them and my reading has been much faster ever since.

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
The Big Short (about Wall Street and credit default swaps)

Guaranteed to Fail (about Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac)

Screw Business as Usual (about Richard Branson's business philosophy)

From 2 to 10 million Friends (about Hyves, a Dutch Myspace clone)

Viral Loop (about a successful internet marketing phenomenon used by the likes of Facebook and Hotornot)

TonyC

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 24, 2012
Romeoville, IL
I am currently reading several books at this time. I am reading, "Web Marketing for Dummies". I am reading, "The Millionaire Fastlane". I am practicing, "Self-Hypnosis" that is helping me to get into the right attitude to allow my subconscious mind to help me create a fastlane lifestyle. Lastly, I am reading, "How to Get Rich", by Felix Dennis.

nuwav

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 4, 2011
London, UK
Currently reading Cashvertising: How to Use 50 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make Big Money Selling Anything to Anyone by Drew Eric Whitman

Stefan Em

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 4, 2011
Switzerland
... Lastly, I am reading, "How to Get Rich", by Felix Dennis.

finished this last week, amazingly funny, controversial aswell as highly educative. Recommended to everybody on the fastlane!

This guy owns something between 400-700 Millions, several companies etc. So he's not a bluff, he knows what he's talking about. Insight into the thoughts of a true master in entrepreneurship.

Vaikashtu

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 30, 2012
I actually do work receiving, tearing open, and unpacking used college books (I work at a warehouse and although most of the books are usually big complex textbooks, I get to unpack (and read) some of the best of the best fiction-style books that some students are required to read at the university level. Here's probably my favorite of all: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, by Mark Haddon. It's a small orange-colored paperback with an image of an upside-down dog actually cut out of the cover. I like it because the writing style is so pure, unembellished, and really puts me (the reader) into the story, and although I'm only about three quarters of the way through, I've experienced the full gamut of emotions. What an excellent author! I'll have finished reading it in a couple more days, but I think I want to stretch it out and make it last another week :)

Kevin P

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 14, 2012
Current books reading..

Your Attention Please: How to Appeal to Today's Distracted, Disinterested, Disengaged, Disenchanted, and Busy Consumer by Paul Brown & Alison Davis

The Irresistible Offer: How to Sell Your Product or Service in 3 Seconds or Less by Mark Joyner

Managing Customer Value: Creating Quality and Service That Customers Can See by Bradley Gale

And just went through all of Frank Kern's marketing courses and now going through Jay Abraham's course...

Don't worry, I'm actually putting all of these into action

and forgot to mention all my college books that I'm reading for class. Music history, Music MIDI, Plato, Machiavelli, Sun Tzu etc. from
A World of Ideas: Essential Readings for College Writers by Lee A. Jacobus and of course all my Statistics class book.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.