• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by ChrisV, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Charnell

Charnell Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,037
  2. Siddhartha

Siddhartha Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $488
    Synopsis? I got the "For entrepreneurs" version but it smells like a cash grab instead of a meaningful version of the original.

3. Aryan Sharma

Aryan Sharma New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $28
    Just Finished Who Moved My Cheese,
    I`ve Read The Third Door Recently

Currently Reading The Idea Factory
    Valuable Read For Anyone Getting Started With Ideas

4. ideasunlimited1

ideasunlimited1 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $359
    Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie and book by the Dollop guys, Gareth Reynolds and Dave Anthony, The History of Absurdity. I think it's great to learn from our mistakes and work on problem solving, strategic thinking without having to be in a hustle mentality all the time.

Tommo likes this.
  5. Wisarut

Wisarut New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $86
    Reading unscripted for the 4 times now, there is always something new to learn and take in.

GoodluckChuck likes this.
  6. redshift

redshift Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $248
    41SkGv3-SuL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    Looking forward to reading this one.

7. GrandRub

GrandRub Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $156
    [​IMG] its very interesting how these things evolved from post communist russia to todays multi billion dollar "companys".
    criminals... but fastlaners in their own sense.

Bearcorp likes this.
  8. rjrobbins2

rjrobbins2 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $652

I recommend reading everything Seth Godin has written. He also narrates all of his books and has a great voice for it. I am actually surprised I havent seen him mentioned more on this forum but I have only been here a short time.

He also answers his emails and gives thoughtful answers to questions. He is up there among the people I most admire. I love his attitude and the way he supports people who create. His books are full of advice that go against the norm. He is one of the best marketing minds in the world.

Sheens, Dameron, MNejc and 1 other person like this.
  9. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $197,835
    Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins

10. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $188,003
    Listening to “The Microscript Rules” by Bill Schley

... as recommended by @Lex DeVille who I believe read it because @AllenCrawley recommended it.

AllenCrawley likes this.
  11. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $188,003
    I have this gathering dust somewhere. I may check it out later.

million$$$smile and Vigilante like this.
  12. whirl

whirl New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $60
    Atomic Habits James Clear. I recomend this one! It is really good.

13. S.Y.

S.Y. Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,002
    Why we sleep - Matthew Walker

Olimac21 likes this.
  14. Siddhartha

Rep Bank:
    $488
    Finished Two books

"Finding my virginity" -Richard Branson
    The way Branson can wake up, scrawl an idea on a beer mat, and revolutionize an industry is nothing short of blindingly inspiring. Reading this was pivotal in making me move my goals so that I end in a place where I have the scale and capital to do things to create repeat knockouts and support the failures between those instead of packing it up after an arbitrary income target later in life.

"Choose yourself" - James Altucher
    Recc'd to me; it read like a very wierd, not-as-useful seth godin book. It still had utility in stressing that above all I need to choose my priorities, my goals, and my happiness above a job or things that don't create value. I do like the call out to Kamal Ravikant and his book "Love yourself like your life depended on it".

Reading:

"You Can if you think you can" -Norman Vincent Peale
    Brought to NVP thru Scott adams/Trump. It's not ground breaking and it won't stain your mind like indelible ink; but there's something charming in how steadily and endlessly NVP can dedicate himself to making people approach their lives and situations with more cheer and thankfulness.

Tony Robbins - ?
    I have Unlimited power and Awaken the giant within to get through; I haven't had a lot of time at my place lately so I may need to get the kindle versions and carry a journal with me.

Dameron likes this.
  15. Surf16

Surf16 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $674
    Just Finished:

"Meditations on Violence: A Comparison of Martial Arts Training & Real World Violence" - Rory Miller - This book was recommended by one of our Black Belts in Krav Maga. Great read and a little graphic but used in a way to teach us how to better handle ourselves in real world situations.
    I strongly believe that everyone - men, women & children should learn to defend themselves. There are too many bad people out there with bad intentions and knowing how to handle yourself in life or death situations is vital.
    I have bought my wife many tactical devises -stun gun flash light, tactical pen, pepper spray, etc.. and she thinks I am crazy.
    I always tell people I would rather know how to defend myself and never have too, than need to defend myself or my family and NOT know how.
    I have actually considered parlaying this knowledge into a side business.

I am currently reading:

"Fight Like a Physicist" - Jason Thalken - I am reading this for the same reason as above.

Re
    Read this last month. I had to google this guy half way through it. I wanted to know what this quirky guy looked like while reading some of his stuff.
    I liked it and walked away with some great lessons.

Bearcorp and Dameron like this.
  16. Olimac21

Olimac21 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,054
    Finding ultra-Rich Roll. Wonderful story about a guy who was a couch potato and became a very strong vegan athlete. His podcast is also highly recommended.

Dameron and domi99 like this.
  17. rjrobbins2

Rep Bank:
    $652
    Made to Stick by Dan and Chip Heath - these brothers write some of the best marketing books available.

Fire & Blood - part of the Game of Thrones series as the history of the Taergaryan family. It is written like a history book but entirely fictional. Lots of war, incest, politics and more.

Cashvertising - I am getting ready to jump back into Copywriting so I am giving this book a re-read.

Dameron likes this.
  18. rjrobbins2

Rep Bank:
    $652

Siddhartha likes this.
  19. Siddhartha

Rep Bank:
    $488
    LMAO, I feel that Altucher x Godin bouncing their values in serving and producing value to the world off each other in all these different ways would cause a cosmic rip into the fabric of spacetime.

It is now my mission to track down this podcast episode.

Dameron likes this.
  20. million$$$smile

million$$$smile Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $58,974
    Currently reading a book written by one of the forum members @JScott
    [​IMG]
    I am thoroughly impressed. In my quest for learning, I had decided to read something totally out of my toybox of what I currently do. With that in mind, this book has held my interest.
    I have an extremely hard time finishing a hard copy of any book so I normally just listen to audible played at 180x. But I've been reading this nightly and have thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Highly recommended.

21. JScott

JScott Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,502
    Thank you... I sincerely appreciate the kinds words...

Andy Black likes this.
  22. Charnell

Charnell Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,037
    On to this bad boy next.

[​IMG]

23. Siddhartha

Rep Bank:
    $488
    [​IMG]
    Fantastic book, not as long as I would've liked but rich in the subjects it covered; I was very pleased to find out that my normal thinking already aligned with the bayesian probabilities and constant building and re-adjusting of mental models and situations.

[​IMG]
    Setting 10x(stretch) goals and fighting like the devil to the point of social isolation is something I can get behind, Thing is, his massive marketing and classes for wanterpreneurs empire smells like a classic unscripted exploiting scripted deal, but I know a few people that say he does deliver honest value in the end.

Reading now
    Switch (A lighter version of thinking fast and slow)
    Jordan Peterson's 12 rules for life (Why not)

Why am I reading so much?
    I have Value to provide, and it's definitely not with my current soul-atomizing gig.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  24. Kennypaul

Kennypaul Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,088
    Currently reading "What rich people know and desperately want to keep a secret" by Brian Sher.
    Amazing book!.

25. Kennypaul

Kennypaul Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,088
    Also "The 10 pillars of wealth" by Alex Becker.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.