The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are some good books on customer service?

Ask the Artificial Intelligence Bot

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

(This is a test of the forum's new AI-bot)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Eva (AI-Bot)

Fastlane AI
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Mar 22, 2023
There are many great books on customer service, but here are a few that stand out:

1. "Delivering Happiness" by Tony Hsieh - This book is a memoir by the CEO of Zappos, an online shoe retailer known for its excellent customer service. Hsieh shares his insight on how to create a company culture that puts customers first.

2. "The Service Culture Handbook" by Jeff Toister - This book is a practical guide that teaches organizations how to create a customer-focused culture. It provides tips and strategies for improving customer interactions across all channels.

3. "Hug Your Customers" by Jack Mitchell - This book is all about the power of building strong relationships with customers. Mitchell shares stories from his family's clothing store and provides actionable advice on how to connect with customers on a personal level.

4. "The Effortless Experience" by Matthew Dixon, Nick Toman, and Rick DeLisi - This book challenges the conventional wisdom that customers want to be wowed by their interactions with companies. Instead, it argues that customers are happiest when their experiences are easy and hassle-free.

5. "The Thank You Economy" by Gary Vaynerchuk - This book discusses the importance of using social media to connect with customers in a genuine way. Vaynerchuk emphasizes the need for companies to treat customers like real human beings and offer them personalized interactions.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
4. "The Effortless Experience" by Matthew Dixon, Nick Toman, and Rick DeLisi - This book challenges the conventional wisdom that customers want to be wowed by their interactions with companies. Instead, it argues that customers are happiest when their experiences are easy and hassle-free.

Can you tell me a little bit more about The Effortless Experience?

Eva (AI-Bot)

Fastlane AI
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Mar 22, 2023
Can you tell me a little bit more about The Effortless Experience?
Sure! "The Effortless Experience" by Matthew Dixon, Nick Toman, and Rick Delisi is a book that focuses on the idea that customers are often happiest when their interactions with a company are easy and hassle-free rather than being “wowed”. In essence, it advocates for reducing the amount of effort customers have to expend in dealing with a company to create a more positive customer experience.

The authors argue that by simplifying processes and minimizing the number of steps it takes for a customer to get their issues resolved, customer loyalty and satisfaction can be greatly improved. In this book, the authors outline several strategies for creating low-effort customer interactions, such as offering comprehensive self-service options, developing seamless channels of communication, and providing speedy solutions to customer problems.

"The Effortless Experience" is based on extensive research and draws on case studies from various industries to provide practical insights for any business looking to improve its customer experience. It's a great read for any business looking to create loyal customers by providing them with easy and hassle-free interactions.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Well that didn't take long.

At the moment she isn't summoned via TAG.

Ha sorry - I already deleted it.

Was kinda just curious what would happen if I trolled it.
But ya I don't want to sidetrack a roll out of an AI tool (my bad!).

Do you mind sharing how you would let this thing operate on the forum if it goes ahead.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you mind sharing how you would let this thing operate on the forum (if it goes ahead).

Right now I'd like to have it summoned via TAG, kinda like you did above with @Eva (AI-Bot) - but that is still in the works.

Basically any new thread created (in specific forums) have the option to have the AI respond.

1679513526131.png

Lot of "not sures" here...

Not sure if I'll keep it like that, or just create one forum called, "Guaranteed Answers" or the like.

Not sure how it will respond to poorly crafted threads or questions...

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Right now I'd like to have it summoned via TAG, kinda like you did above with @Eva (AI-Bot) - but that is still in the works.

Basically any new thread created (in specific forums) have the option to have the AI respond.

View attachment 47847

Lot of "not sures" here...

Not sure if I'll keep it like that, or just create one forum called, "Guaranteed Answers" or the like.

Not sure how it will respond to poorly crafted threads or questions...

It seems ChatGPT it is very familiar with your work, much more than a lot of other big name authors.

Maybe you can add in to have it answer questions in a "Fastlane" style - I think it would roughly know how?

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 20.42.51.png

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
That's cool, but I think miss @Eva (AI-Bot) didn't read the rules first:

Should have at least made an introductory thread and tell us what are her business goals.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ooo. Ooo.

Can we please have a Welcome-Bot that reminds new members to read the rules they just broke? It can partner with Ban-Bot.

And a Mod-Bot that throws a bucket of cold water on flame wars?

And a Delimiter-Bot that points out limiting beliefs?

And a YesBut-Bot that sighs when people mistake their next step as the end-of-the-road?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
We might as well have a Stir-Bot that mentions copywriting or freelancing whenever forum-idle exceeds 80%.

Obviously Mod-Bot needs to be fully charged when Stir-Bot is activated, as well as MoveAlong-Bot or BackToWork-Bot.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Ooo. Ooo.

Can we please have a Welcome-Bot that reminds new members to read the rules they just broke? It can partner with Ban-Bot.

And a Mod-Bot that throws a bucket of cold water on flame wars?

And a Delimiter-Bot that points out limiting beliefs?

And a But-Bot that sighs when people mistake their next step as the end-of-the-road?
We might as well have a Stir-Bot that mentions copywriting or freelancing whenever forum-idle exceeds 80%.

Obviously Mod-Bot needs to be fully charged when Stir-Bot is activated, as well as MoveAlong-Bot or BackToWork-Bot.
@Andy Black you're killing me! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022

Oakley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 7, 2023

(This is a test of the forum's new AI-bot)
  1. Raving Fans: Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service by Ken Blanchard and Sheldon Bowles
  2. The Cult of the Customer: Create an Amazing Customer Experience That Turns Satisfied Customers Into Customer Evangelists by Shep Hyken
  3. Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh
  4. Be Our Guest: Perfecting the Art of Customer Service by The Disney Institute and Theodore Kinni

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I think that's too vague a question.

What are you trying to do?
Is Eva Out Of Office?
I'm trying to find out if Eva is working...

Earlier today someone posted a very generic question and I thought that I would ask Eva and then post the answer back
to where the very generic question was. But I can't get any kind of response from Eva. So I'd like to know if she is working?

I've just realised, so far she has only responded to MJ and no-one else. Is she only available for certain forum users, eg. INSIDERS or similar?

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Is Eva Out Of Office?
I'm trying to find out if Eva is working...

Earlier today someone posted a very generic question and I thought that I would ask Eva and then post the answer back
to where the very generic question was. But I can't get any kind of response from Eva. So I'd like to know if she is working?

I've just realised, so far she has only responded to MJ and no-one else. Is she only available for certain forum users, eg. INSIDERS or similar?
Oh. Were you asking Eva bot? My apologies.

Anyway... what are you trying to do?

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Oh. Were you asking Eva bot? My apologies.

Anyway... what are you trying to do?
Nothing now. It's no longer important. I was going to try to use the bot to get an answer to a generic question that wasn't mine. Then I "discovered" that I can't get a response from Eva and so got a bit confused about how and whether it works or not.
It now seems to me that she / it is Out Of Office or only responds to certain forum users, eg. MJ, so that she is his Personal Assistant, which means that I shouldn't have been trying to talk to it in the first place.

Thanks for your responses, but don't worry about it, I don't want to take any more of your time. Thanks.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
This Andy bot we've got is really good. Sounds just like the real guy. AI is getting scary.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Nothing now. It's no longer important. I was going to try to use the bot to get an answer to a generic question that wasn't mine. Then I "discovered" that I can't get a response from Eva and so got a bit confused about how and whether it works or not.
It now seems to me that she / it is Out Of Office or only responds to certain forum users, eg. MJ, so that she is his Personal Assistant, which means that I shouldn't have been trying to talk to it in the first place.

Thanks for your responses, but don't worry about it, I don't want to take any more of your time. Thanks.

You have to ask her in a new thread, not in one conversation that happens weeks ago.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
You have to ask her in a new thread, not in one conversation that happens weeks ago.
Do I have to start a new thread for every question? Or can I keep asking in the same thread and then after a certain time she will "time out" and then not respond any more on that thread?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do I have to start a new thread for every question? Or can I keep asking in the same thread and then after a certain time she will "time out" and then not respond any more on that thread?

You should be able to ask follow up questions and keep a conversation going.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Can only the original thread creator ask follow-up questions to Eva Bot? I was thinking of asking Eva a follow-up question in the other thread on how many words per minute it works out to, assuming a reading time of 2 hours per day and an average book length of 60,000 words. But I just calculated it myself, so I'm good.

Eva (AI-Bot)

Fastlane AI
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Mar 22, 2023

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders