The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION To Those Panicked/Discouraged by the PANDEMIC (or New to FLF)

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

OP
OP
sonny_1080

sonny_1080

Making friends and solving problems!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Don’t be sneaky. Be a member of the community and be seen to help people. I keep getting asked by Facebook group *owners* to do presentations for their members. Have a think what you can do different to get a different result.
@Andy Black is it rude of me to ask what Facebook groups you belong to?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black is it rude of me to ask what Facebook groups you belong to?
Just local businesses ones now. I joined to find local business owners to network / chat with. They seem to be a bit of a spam fest though so I’m not active anymore. I avoid Facebook mostly nowadays.

OP
OP
sonny_1080

sonny_1080

FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
[update]

Been about 16 days since my last update. My insurance client is happy (thank God). She only spends $10/day max on her account and pulls a very qualified lead almost everyday since I made those last changes after Google made exact match allow close variations.

I took a sales course to refine my prospecting and sales strategies since just relying on referrals wasn't cuttin it. I created a sales process to use as kind of like a map for talking to people and started following up with people I met through my networking group.

Made 50 phone calls the day before yesterday, got hung up 25 times, and booked 1 sales meeting. Not bad for my first time cold calling. Focusing on the sales got me revamped about the value my service brings to the marketplace so I decided to charge $500 a month. I had 3 sales meetings lined up yesterday (2 from my networking group's referrals and 1 from the cold call) -> closed all 3 and increased my monthly income by 6x assuming they don't cancel services... and even if they do, I plan on just closing more so some of them gotta stick especially considering the value I've brought to prior clients.

I got another sales call today at 10am, gotta get prepared after I post this. Gotta meet a client to pick up my check, then gotta get all these accounts up and running which will probably intermittently take all day. In between doing that I've got a friend making me some business cards which is cool and a 1-page brochure type thing to use as a visual demonstration. Instead of calling on businesses on Sundays I'm gonna drop off like 100 of those.

I gotta file my damn DBA still. I keep putting it off. That'll get done today. Since LLC costs like $800 I'm gonna start as a sole-proprietor until I've got a significant amount of annual revenue and assets.

@Johnnny boy got me thinking about Quickbooks and JotForm so Imma look into those today as well.

And finally, I'm gonna make my website much more professional looking. I've been dressing like I'm chasing a million dollars thanks to @Kak and I gotta say man, dressing well doesn't just display conviction, it increases my conviction. Highly recommended. Glad my job in that suit store actually paid off in learning how to dress :rofl:

TBC

Blackman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Dec 28, 2018
London, UK
Hey Sonny,

That's some serious progress there. Well done!

Would you mind explaining a bit more on your cold-calling process? So the goal of the call is to secure a face-to-face meeting, right? And you're not trying to sell anything over the phone or discuss any advertising costs, which you leave for the meeting, correct?

Since you're going to meet business owners in person, I'm assuming these are all local companies to you and you're not travelling miles away for a meeting?

I haven't done in-person meetings myself, as I thought they are not really necessary for low price range services...But it's probably easier to close in person rather than by phone, as physical presence has some form of trust factor, I guess.

OP
OP
sonny_1080

sonny_1080

FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Would you mind explaining a bit more on your cold-calling process? So the goal of the call is to secure a face-to-face meeting, right? And you're not trying to sell anything over the phone or discuss any advertising costs, which you leave for the meeting, correct?
Exactly! I’m not selling anything in the cold-call. Just trying to book a meeting with a decision maker. Selling and discussing costs is done solely during the sales demonstration/presentation.

Since you're going to meet business owners in person, I'm assuming these are all local companies to you and you're not travelling miles away for a meeting?

I haven't done in-person meetings myself, as I thought they are not really necessary for low price range services...But it's probably easier to close in person rather than by phone, as physical presence has some form of trust factor, I guess.
So I have yet to meet these people in person. All my meetings are done over Zoom. I’d prefer to do it in person because it’s a lot harder to tell someone “no” to the face for most people.

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
it’s a lot harder to tell someone “no” to the face for most people.
Just a thought:

I don’t want people saying Yes because I’ve made it harder to say No. I only want to work with “Hell Yeah”.

OP
OP
sonny_1080

sonny_1080

FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Just a thought:

I don’t want people saying Yes because I’ve made it harder to say No. I only want to work with “Hell Yeah”.
I agree.

I apologize for my poor choice of words.

OP
OP
sonny_1080

sonny_1080

FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
[Update]

Landed 3 more sales meetings since my last post; they haven’t closed but they’re looking good so we’ll see. Now I’ve got 3 ad accounts and a landing page to set up. Landing page is done and I’m finishing up the 1st ad account.

My brother-in-law runs an HVAC service and he’s got a prime network that he’s starting to introduce me to. Got a referral for a plumber from him so far. He also knows a guy who put together some really nice business cards for me too.

He (my brother-in-law) told me to make my website better so he can show it to a lawyer friend of his who needs a website. I jumped all over it.

All this has led to some quality problems. ... now my prospecting and sales is put on hold because I have to get all the work done. It feels like I’ve got undeveloped chess pieces blocked by my own pawns.

I guess the next step would be to get someone to set up the accounts for me and another person to make phone calls for me. That way I can focus on monitoring/optimizing the accounts and sales meetings.

I’m thinking either UpWork or looking into a virtual assistant to get someone to train so I can delegate some of the preliminary work.

I’m still waiting on the county clerk to register my DBA so I can get an EIN number and open a bank account to link a Quickbooks account to. Once I got that set up, I’m gonna make a digital terms form that collects the payment details.

By next week, I should have these 3 ad accounts up and running, my website on level-10, my business cards, a terms and conditions form that customers can sign and return (later to be digital), and a better idea of my first employee.

I should talk to this lawyer about trademarks, hiring, and contracts.

I’ll keep you guys posted!

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
[Update]

Landed 3 more sales meetings since my last post; they haven’t closed but they’re looking good so we’ll see. Now I’ve got 3 ad accounts and a landing page to set up. Landing page is done and I’m finishing up the 1st ad account.

My brother-in-law runs an HVAC service and he’s got a prime network that he’s starting to introduce me to. Got a referral for a plumber from him so far. He also knows a guy who put together some really nice business cards for me too.

He (my brother-in-law) told me to make my website better so he can show it to a lawyer friend of his who needs a website. I jumped all over it.

All this has led to some quality problems. ... now my prospecting and sales is put on hold because I have to get all the work done. It feels like I’ve got undeveloped chess pieces blocked by my own pawns.

I guess the next step would be to get someone to set up the accounts for me and another person to make phone calls for me. That way I can focus on monitoring/optimizing the accounts and sales meetings.

I’m thinking either UpWork or looking into a virtual assistant to get someone to train so I can delegate some of the preliminary work.

I’m still waiting on the county clerk to register my DBA so I can get an EIN number and open a bank account to link a Quickbooks account to. Once I got that set up, I’m gonna make a digital terms form that collects the payment details.

By next week, I should have these 3 ad accounts up and running, my website on level-10, my business cards, a terms and conditions form that customers can sign and return (later to be digital), and a better idea of my first employee.

I should talk to this lawyer about trademarks, hiring, and contracts.

I’ll keep you guys posted!
Send people to your LinkedIn profile for now? I still don’t have a website.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here to revive this thread and to convince anyone who is hesitant to sign up. The short version...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
How do I sell to a different country with an accent? And a foreign number. Cold e-mails don't...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hey @Cruiser I just shot you a reply! Amazing product BTW!
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom