• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

Who have you helped?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Andy Black, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Timmy1990

Timmy1990 I Will Not Stop! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,163
    Giving Value for free, who have you helped? was foreign.

Not that it hasn't been said here many times but it's more the fact that entrepreneurship and starting a business is foreign to me as a whole. So i guess I have just been conditioned to think money first.

Even when you said the other day to cook someone a nice tasty lunch, i new what you where saying but at the same time thinking is this even gonna work? who does work for no money?

I guess it's just a mindset change i am going through, never had to think in this way before if that makes sense.

maikooo and Andy Black like this.
  2. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $170,957
    ^^^ THIS.

For the love of God. Please just start already and stop with all the action faking and “building stuff”.

Bearcorp, PizzaOnTheRoof and maikooo like this.
  3. maikooo

maikooo Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $495
    Good change! "Who have you helped/Who can you help/How can you help" Been in my mind since you sent me the PM and helped me figure out my next focus area! Thanks again

PizzaOnTheRoof and Andy Black like this.
  4. maikooo

Rep Bank:
    $495
    Since @Andy Black wrote me a PM after I followed him (thx to his valuable posts on this forum), I have been pondering on "Who have I helped recently / Who can I help?"

This question has been in my head ever since he wrote me "Can you start sooner and simpler?" This was his answer to my elaborated plan of finding out real needs in the market with identifying some niche that interests me and following up with perfectly worked out cold calls.

It was one of those questions that just don't let go. I had to take action.

I went on to listen to his awesome recordings with TFLF members (still binge listening) Andy Black to understand better ...

This one was especially interesting because of the speed of execution - Who have you helped?

I wrote down everything I helped people with in the past year - tasks, goals, inspirations.

First hiccup in the analysis came up - I love executing, instead of just going to Quora and answering people's question. I just love making things happen, instead of long talks [I guess it's my hate for long and useless meetings I had to go through in my corporate career].

Not saying I don't stop in the beginning to come up with a proper strategy and plan, but I love making ideas happen! Insights, research, gathering as much info as possible in the shortest possible time frame and making it happen - throw it out there for the market mind to evaluate & reward you with value exchange. It's about learning on the go - very influenced by Lean Startup - build - measure - learn. Just to clarify, "build" doesn't mean building in the dark room for x days and then [fanfare] launching only to experience tumbleweeds [sad trombone sound]. It's about building MVP/S getting it in front of the market mind, get feedback, adjust and cycle goes on ...

So I decided to help people in my network who are small entrepreneurs, doing honest business, focusing on what they do best - helping their customers. Opened Linkedin and found at least 5 of them. All of them have a lot of room to improve in terms of getting quality leads and more sales so they can help even more people.

Instead of complicating things, like "what if they misuse my good will, what if they are the worst type of clients, what if there is nothing out of it", I'd rather say - "what do I have to lose?" I will do my best work, learn tons of new stuff in real market conditions and as a bonus I can get future referrals ... so get the f*ck out there and help somebody! You have tons of skills and knowledge to share!

Andy Black likes this.
  5. Primeperiwinkle

Primeperiwinkle Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,865
    While on this forum I typically feel overwhelmed or humbled by the knowledgeable advice OR I’m utterly annoyed by the massive flow of new people who ask stupid questions and pray to God I won’t be like them.

But this? This post made me happy. Since reading MJ’s books (I’m at 87% on Unscripted!!) I’ve thought over and over on how to help more people doing new stuff or how to inspire my children to be problem-solvers. But I never actually sat back and thought, “I belong here, I’m an entrepreneur.”

Because it’s kinda terrifying thinking that, for me, even though I own a business.

But. I help people every single day. My clients love me, they refuse to go to other people, they get on a waiting list to see me.. huh.

Anyhoo.. I had a bit of a eureka just now.. and I wanted to say thank you. It IS about helping people and doing that is a wonderful thing.

Hugs. (If you’re ok with hugs. Lol)

6. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $170,957
    That’s for taking the time to write this up. Rep+

Here’s one to think about:

Instead of “what have I got to lose?” ... how about “what’s the best that can happen?”.

maikooo likes this.
  7. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $170,957
    Thanks. I love hugs.

People overcomplicate what business actually is.

It’s quite simple: “Add value. Get paid.”

Primeperiwinkle, maikooo and RoadTrip like this.
  8. maikooo

Rep Bank:
    $495
    Good one! Glass half full approach :)

Andy Black likes this.
  9. maikooo

Rep Bank:
    $495
    YA YA YA ... Word!!

Andy Black and Primeperiwinkle like this.
  10. maikooo

Rep Bank:
    $495
    Congrats on your accomplishments!!

Andy Black and Primeperiwinkle like this.
  11. Zcott

Zcott Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $672
    'Just go out and help someone' was great, following it up with '...you see kids going around mowing people's lawns. They didn't need a logo or a big fancy website.'

Short, blunt and really helps you reflect on yourself any any potential action faking.

Andy Black likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.