What's new

Who have you helped?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.
Kind of helped.

Even though I have read some of your posts, it got me thinking the other day every time I shower.

Why do people do everything they do? Why do they pay in terms of money, time, work, or mental load?

I have my own answer in my mind, but I don't know if it's correct.

That's why I asked you in the PMs whether or not you have an independent post about helping what people "are already willing to pay for" and you replied with the quote "help the people in motion".

The word "motion" got me thinking again in another shower. Why are people in motion? Also, what makes a problem a significant problem for people? I mean if they do nothing, they wouldn't experience those problems in the first place right? I think this is why it's important to observe what those people have been trying to do to solve their problems before helping them.

My thoughts are that everyone are subtly ambitious to some degree. Drew E. Whitman described the 8 primary human desires in his book Cashvertising, and I'm contemplating whether most ambitions in people are probably rooted from some of the primary desires.

Actually you know what, I think I'm just making things complicated lmao. I'll just go back to talking about what people struggle with a product/service then help them with that pain and come up with a minimum viable product which value skew solves that pain.

And I'll keep on helping people with no expectations, like holding the door open for someone.

Maybe the takeaway here is the main goal of helping people and their loved ones is for them to enjoy life.

I just thought of this "enjoying life" thing just now, I don't know if I'm correct on this or not. So what do you think, @Andy Black ?

Because of that, next time instead of starting my sales pitch with "what are you struggling with?", maybe I'll ask: "How would you (and your family) enjoy life?"

EDIT: I think this question is too broad and a bit vague. So maybe instead of asking that person directly, I'll think to myself "How can I help this person enjoy life? How can I make him happier?"
It's good to think about stuff, but sometimes it can tangle you up and prevent you getting in motion.

I prefer to go flying off in a direction and then stop and think about what I've done. ("Tell me what you've done and I'll tell you who you are.")

"Help the people in motion" to me means you help people already taking action. If you're a PT instructor you help the people already going to the gym, not the people watching Netflix all day on their couch. If you're selling dog leads then sell them to people who already have a dog.

A good way to think about a market is the people already spending money to solve the problem you can also help them solve. So what are people already spending money on to solve what you're hoping to solve? Is there a paid product or service they're already using for instance?

If you want to get paid to help businesses create email copy then what paid services or products are they already using? MailCheat(Chimp), ActiveCampaign, Klaviyo, etc. Maybe paid communities etc (be careful how you approach this).

If you want to get paid to help people sell courses then what paid services or products are they already using? Kajabi, Teachable, Thinkific, etc. Again, there will be paid communities but don't approach them to get clients - approach them to help people.

I help businesses manage their Google Ads spend. The clients who pay me the most typically spend the most. When a business is paying €50k/mth in ad spend they see the value in spending $3k/mth or whatever to get someone to manage their spend. I enjoy helping people get started in business, but they're very unlikely to become a Google Ads client because they're not in motion.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vjev demm jef e vup ug wemai op ov.

Ov’t taqis tonqmi cav xjev siemmz jimqif ni xet vji ofie ug gopfoph vji qiuqmi xovj e disveop qsucmin epf motvipoph vu vjin gostvjepf. Vjiz xomm jewi vji nutv lpuxmifhi ecuav vji qsucmin. Xjz vsz vu “vjopl ug ep ofie” gus e catopitt optvief ug katv vemloph vu vji qistup xju ot xommoph vu fiveom vji qsucmin vjiz jewi vjev zua’si evvinqvoph vu tumwi?

Vji demm emtu jimqif ni siemobi O siemmz piif vu gudat up katv jimqoph qiuqmi, optvief ug jimqoph qiuqmi epf hivvoph qeof xjomi O fu ov. Ugvip vji nupiz fuitp’v duni onnifoevimz egvis vji jimq. O jewi vu jimq qiuqmi xovjuav iyqidvoph vu ci onnifoevimz dunqiptevif. Huoph vu xusl up gushivvoph ecuav vji nupiz epf gudatoph up vji wemai O dep qsuwofi.

Nz nopftiv ug effoph wemai xovjuav muuloph ev nz cepl cemepdi jimqif ni uav opovoemmz, iwipvaemmz nupiz tvesvif gmuxoph

Jiz, cav xjev ecuav gopfoph vji qiuqmi xovj vjev qsucmint ?

O emxezt tvsahhmi xovj vji ofie ug gopfoph tuniupi xju piift jimq, cav emtu tuniupi xju jet e tisouat qsucmin epf ot veloph edvoup.

O vjopl vjev Rause ot puv vji sohjv qmedi gus vjot. Vjisi esi upmz tonqmi raitvoupt vjev zua dep katv tiesdj up Huuhmi, us fup'v jewi e fosidv tumavoup.

Nutv qiuqmi jisi esi emtu lopf ug csuli epf etl gus ietz vjopht moli "Xjev ot vji citv xez vu caomf e xictovi xovj $0".

Jiz, cav xjev ecuav gopfoph vji qiuqmi xovj vjev qsucmint ?

O emxezt tvsahhmi xovj vji ofie ug gopfoph tuniupi xju piift jimq, cav emtu tuniupi xju jet e tisouat qsucmin epf ot veloph edvoup.

O vjopl vjev Rause ot puv vji sohjv qmedi gus vjot. Vjisi esi upmz tonqmi raitvoupt vjev zua dep katv tiesdj up Huuhmi, us fup'v jewi e fosidv tumavoup.

Nutv qiuqmi jisi esi emtu lopf ug csuli epf etl gus ietz vjopht moli "Xjev ot vji citv xez vu caomf e xictovi xovj $0".
O gopf vjev tahhitvoph gumlt jimq qiuqmi hivt vjin aptvadl. Vjiz xisi vjoploph ecuav vjintimwit, xjev vjiz xepv, xjev vjiz'si caomfoph, ivd. Hivvoph vjin vu vjopl ecuav jimqoph qiuqmi tiint vu hiv vjin vu siemoti vjiz'si puv fuoph tu. Tu vjev't tviq 1.

O vjopl jimqoph qiuqmi xovj epzvjoph ot civvis vjep caomfoph tvagg op otumevoup. Jumfoph fuust uqip, jimqoph tuniupi xovj vjios hsudisoit, ivd. Hiv atif vu fuoph vjev epf tvesv "tiioph" qiuqmi esuapf zua epf xjev vjiz'si tvsahhmoph xovj. Liiq fuoph ov op zuas feomz mogi ot nz sidunnipfevoup.

Iydiqv, vu ci op catopitt xi piif vu hiv qeof (uvjisxoti ov't e juccz us djesovz ... puvjoph xsuph xovj vjuti apmitt zua'si vszoph vu tvesv e catopitt epf/us xepv vu eggidv/jimq qiuqmi ev tdemi).

Tu emtu jimq qiuqmi tumwi qsucmint vjiz'f duptofis qezoph gus, epf ofiemmz jimq qiuqmi nusi molimz vu qez.

Upi ug nz gewuasovi rauvit ot "Jimq vji qiuqmi op nuvoup." (Enz Juz)

Epuvjis ot "Zuas nesliv ot e finuptvsevif detjgmux." (Gsun e VsuqodemNCE qufdetv)

QV optvsadvust fup'v hiv qezoph dmoipvt fuxp vji qac, vjiz hiv vjin fuxp vji hzn xjisi vjiz'si *emsiefz* qezoph e nupvjmz nincistjoq vu hiv gov, muti xiohjv, ivd.

Tu zua'si muuloph gus qiuqmi xju zua dep jimq xju esi tvadl xovj e qsucmin vjev vjiz nez qez vu jewi tumwif.

O'f tez vjiz duamf ci up Rause. Ov't puv vji qmevgusn ovtimg vjev opfodevit xjivjis vjiz jewi e qsucmin vjiz'si qsiqesif vu qez vu tumwi, ov't vji qsucmin epf vji qistup. Xjev og tuniupi xet up Rause etloph jux vu tumwi tuni Gedicuul Eft qsucmin vjiz jewi? Vji gedv vjev vjiz'si tqipfoph nupiz up Gedicuul Eft opfodevit vjiz'si qsiqesif vu qez nupiz vu hsux vjios catopitt. Ov lopfe fuitp'v nevvis xjisi vjiz etl vji raitvoup. O tez lopfe cideati og vjiz'si op e $299/nvj qeof nincistjoq gus catopitt uxpist etloph vjev raitvoup vjip vjiz'wi finuptvsevif iwip nusi vjev vjiz'si qsiqesif vu qez.

O gopf vjev tahhitvoph gumlt jimq qiuqmi hivt vjin aptvadl. Vjiz xisi vjoploph ecuav vjintimwit, xjev vjiz xepv, xjev vjiz'si caomfoph, ivd. Hivvoph vjin vu vjopl ecuav jimqoph qiuqmi tiint vu hiv vjin vu siemoti vjiz'si puv fuoph tu. Tu vjev't tviq 1.

O vjopl jimqoph qiuqmi xovj epzvjoph ot civvis vjep caomfoph tvagg op otumevoup. Jumfoph fuust uqip, jimqoph tuniupi xovj vjios hsudisoit, ivd. Hiv atif vu fuoph vjev epf tvesv "tiioph" qiuqmi esuapf zua epf xjev vjiz'si tvsahhmoph xovj. Liiq fuoph ov op zuas feomz mogi ot nz sidunnipfevoup.

Iydiqv, vu ci op catopitt xi piif vu hiv qeof (uvjisxoti ov't e juccz us djesovz ... puvjoph xsuph xovj vjuti apmitt zua'si vszoph vu tvesv e catopitt epf/us xepv vu eggidv/jimq qiuqmi ev tdemi).

Tu emtu jimq qiuqmi tumwi qsucmint vjiz'f duptofis qezoph gus, epf ofiemmz jimq qiuqmi nusi molimz vu qez.

Upi ug nz gewuasovi rauvit ot "Jimq vji qiuqmi op nuvoup." (Enz Juz)

Epuvjis ot "Zuas nesliv ot e finuptvsevif detjgmux." (Gsun e VsuqodemNCE qufdetv)

QV optvsadvust fup'v hiv qezoph dmoipvt fuxp vji qac, vjiz hiv vjin fuxp vji hzn xjisi vjiz'si *emsiefz* qezoph e nupvjmz nincistjoq vu hiv gov, muti xiohjv, ivd.

Tu zua'si muuloph gus qiuqmi xju zua dep jimq xju esi tvadl xovj e qsucmin vjev vjiz nez vu jewi tumwif.

O'f tez vjiz duamf ci up Rause. Ov't puv vji qmevgusn ovtimg vjev opfodevit xjivjis vjiz jewi e qsucmin vjiz'si qsiqesif vu qez vu tumwi, ov't vji qsucmin epf vji qistup. Xjev og tuniupi xet up Rause etloph jux vu tumwi tuni Gedicuul Eft qsucmin vjiz jewi? Vji gedv vjev vjiz'si tqipfoph nupiz up Gedicuul Eft opfodevit vjiz'si qsiqesif vu qez nupiz vu hsux vjios catopitt. Ov lopfe fuitp'v nevvis xjisi vjiz etl vji raitvoup. O tez lopfe cideati og vjiz'si op e $299/nvj qeof nincistjoq gus catopitt uxpist etloph vjev raitvoup vjip vjiz'wi finuptvsevif iwip nusi vjev vjiz'si qsiqesif vu qez.
Ziej, vji qesv xovj gopfoph qiuqmi op nuvoup ot tunivjoph O gopf qsivvz dunqmodevif.

Nezci katv cideati Rause ot e raitvoup cetif qmevgusn xjisi nutv ug vji raitvoupt dep ci sitqupfif op e tonqmi qesehseqj. Juxiwis vjiz ataemmz fup'v siedv vu vji sitqupti (pu aqwuvi us epzvjoph). Ov't qsucecmz e tohp vjev ov fofp'v jimq, us vji raitvoup xet vuu optohpogodepv gus vjin (vji medl ug nuvoup). O vjopl vjev ev vji suuv ug vjios raitvoup, vjisi ot e nusi onqusvepv qsucmin vjev vjiz dep'v goy. Ov't katv vjev O dep'v tii ov.

O dep'v fipz vji gedv vjev vjisi esi emtu nusi opvisitvoph raitvoupt katv moli vji upi zua nipvoupif xovj Gedicuul Eft.

Pux nz huem sohjv pux ot vu jimq epzupi cz tumwoph vjios qsucmin (e nusi tisouat upi, puv katv e tonqmi eptxis). Ov fuitp'v nevvis og vjiz'si csuli us jewi nupiz. O katv xepv vjin vu veli edvoup.

Nz veliexezt:
- Nezci O katv piif vu hiv op e dupwistevoup xovj vjin, ept tii xjev vjiz'si tvsahhmoph xovj op nusi fiveom. Nezci vjiz fu jewi e dusi qsucmin vjiz piif vu ci goyif.
- Iwip cigusi vji dupwistevoup, ov xomm ciduni dmies og vjiz esi op nuvoup. Iovjis xovj nupiz us puv, vjiz tjuamf ci veloph edvoup.
- O piif vu emtu qsedvodi nz jimqoph natdmi. Upi ug vji qsucmin O'wi huv, ot vjev O dep'v gopf uqqusvapovoit epf qsucmint vjev piif vu ci tumwif. O vjopl vjev vjisi esi qmipvz ug qsucmint uavtofi, cav O katv dep'v tii epz. Iwiszupi jet tuni lopf ug qsucmin vjev vjiz esi xommoph vu qez/veli edvoup gus.

Vjepl zua e muv Epfz! Vjot nefi iwiszvjoph nusi dmies. Epf ov hewi ni juqi vjev vjisi't tunijvoph vu desi gus epzxjisi up vji opvispiv, us uavtofi ug ov.

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom