The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

To change my world

Thomash905

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Dec 30, 2019
Hallsville, TX
Hey @MJ DeMarco and every fellow fastlane forum member,

I am Thomas and I am 24 years old, I have a 4 year old daughter and I just got out of prison after doing 4 years.

One big thing I learned in the last four years is that there are a lot of good people that make huge mistakes in their life but isn't that true for everyone? If we didn't make mistakes we wouldn't learn and if we didn't learn we could never become better. Prison is not like how they make it seem in the movies, honestly the worst part of it was the boredom of doing the same thing everyday for four years. So how did I cure this boredom? I became a student of business and I have never looked back! I started out with RichDad PoorDad and I learned some good lessons from that series of books but nothing I read ever prepared me for the eye opening Unscripted . I mean I sat in shock for a good 20 minutes after I read that book for the first time, I have read it 5 times since then. Then the same room mate that had let me read Unscripted got his copy of The Millionaire Fastlane back from another dorm and I read that as well. I took advantage of my time and earned two trades and started my A.S. in Business Administration, and yes I know I know.... college. The college I attend is the cheapest college I have ever seen and they are accredited, I also did it to gain the knowledge. I don't have a lot of real world experience but I have the drive and desire to jump in the water and swim! I owned a light-duty transportation business in 2014 and it made a lot of money but it violated C.E.N.T.S., I had little control over my loads, the barrier to entry was medium, there is a high need for this service, it took all of my time as I was always on the road, and scale was easy just the matter of getting another truck and driver. Needless to say I was 18 and very financially irresponsible so even though I did gross a lot of money I couldn't tell you where it all went. I have lofty goals but these goals drive me to work at it every single day, without these goals and my little girl I would settle for a sidewalker life. Its a shame to see my sister falling into this trap but no matter how much I try to help or show her she blows me off, but I won't stop trying. I have done a lot in my short life so far but it has all shaped me into the man I am today and has prepared me for anything I will come across in the future.

This post is my public dedication to make MY world a better place, and through me my daughters world.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
If you have what it takes to get locked up for 4 years, you have what it takes to become a financial success. Best of luck.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

William Ainslie

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 13, 2016
South Africa
Thank you for posting - you overcome challenges already, so you can do a lot going forward.

Mball

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 11, 2019
Welcome Thomas! You are so right! We all do make mistakes - learn from them and become better. The past is the past. I see you doing great things. Keep learning.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...