The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Shortest Google Ads Tutorial Ever

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey @Andy Black

Would you recommend setting up offline conversion tracking for a campaign or is this only relevant once a good amount of sales are coming in ?
Get conversion tracking setup once campaigns are running.

You can start learning with only a sniff of data if you keep an eye on leads and sales coming through. A client can say they had a call at a certain time for a certain service in a certain location. Sometimes you can find the click in the account with a bit of digging.

Not sure that answered your question.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 4, 2023
Get conversion tracking setup once campaigns are running.

You can start learning with only a sniff of data if you keep an eye on leads and sales coming through. A client can say they had a call at a certain time for a certain service in a certain location. Sometimes you can find the click in the account with a bit of digging.

Not sure that answered your question.
I´ve heard about setting up Gclids for offline conversion tracking. But just setting up the basic conversion tracking while counting the sales is enough for the beginning right?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I´ve heard about setting up Gclids for offline conversion tracking. But just setting up the basic conversion tracking while counting the sales is enough for the beginning right?
Yes.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
This tutorial works. I had my ads running within an hour, and it gave me an excellent spearhead for running relevant search terms. I honestly would have had no idea where to start.

I'll be going through your Google ads tutorials in the New Year Andy; thanks again for this fantastic resource.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This tutorial works. I had my ads running within an hour, and it gave me an excellent spearhead for running relevant search terms. I honestly would have had no idea where to start.

I'll be going through your Google ads tutorials in the New Year Andy; thanks again for this fantastic resource.
Awesome. Good to hear it got you up and running.

Now check out the two short videos here:

Timo.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 26, 2023
In Germany, Google Ads is only showing the first two headlines of my ad. Even in the ad preview.

I was wondering whether I should structure my ads differently. Instead of having headline 1 keyword focus, headline 2 about the service and headline 3 a call to action, maybe I should have headline 1 keywordfocus and headline 2 call to action. Because the call to action isn't even showing right now.

I'm currently running a split test in one of my campaigns where I have the second headline as : "[adjective] - contact now". The adjective is fitting to headline 1 and combined with a call to action. Because of the "-" it still looks like 3 headlines.

Andy do you have the same situation in the UK? How would you approach this?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
In Germany, Google Ads is only showing the first two headlines of my ad. Even in the ad preview.

I was wondering whether I should structure my ads differently. Instead of having headline 1 keyword focus, headline 2 about the service and headline 3 a call to action, maybe I should have headline 1 keywordfocus and headline 2 call to action. Because the call to action isn't even showing right now.

I'm currently running a split test in one of my campaigns where I have the second headline as : "[adjective] - contact now". The adjective is fitting to headline 1 and combined with a call to action. Because of the "-" it still looks like 3 headlines.

Andy do you have the same situation in the UK? How would you approach this?
Yes, it's the same in the UK.

I pin headline1 and let the rest rotate.

I have the second headline as : "[adjective] - contact now". The adjective is fitting to headline 1 and combined with a call to action. Because of the "-" it still looks like 3 headlines.

Smart. I may try that too. Thanks!

Overall, we're not trying to use all 30 characters. I'm trying to keep all headlines short so there's more chance of 3 showing.

Timo.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 26, 2023
Overall, we're not trying to use all 30 characters. I'm trying to keep all headlines short so there's more chance of 3 showing.
Yeah I also realized that.

I am curious about the results of the split test. I let the data decide what my headline2 will be.

Thanks!

Timo.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 26, 2023
how much conversion data does a campaign need before you recommend switching to maximize conversions?

I started a campaign with Manual CPC and now it generates regualy conversions so I consider switching to maximize conversions but I I haven't had any experience with it yet so Im a bit hesitant

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
how much conversion data does a campaign need before you recommend switching to maximize conversions?

I started a campaign with Manual CPC and now it generates regualy conversions so I consider switching to maximize conversions but I I haven't had any experience with it yet so Im a bit hesitant
If it allows you to switch then you should have enough data. Make sure to let it run unchanged for a couple of weeks.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
okay thanks :)

And should I set a goal cpa? what are the advantages and disadvantages? does it influence the algorithm?
Try without and see what it does. Then try with. For PMax campaigns I found they run better without a target CPA. I don't do them much though. Mostly I do manual CPC and dial it in manually. Old school.

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 4, 2023
Hey Andy quick question about the bidding for a local campaign.

It shows that the impr. share lost by budget is at 40%. The campaign is still in testing phase, without much data.

Some keywords already show the landing page experience and ad relevance, together with the quality score. I noticed that if a campaign get´s more data, then it starts to show the actual quality score. And not below average for landing page experience.

Would you recommend still lowering the bids on those keywords, with a "bad" quality score, to get more volume?

Or does keeping the bids at avg. cpc or above, get a better quality score?

thanks in advance
Maxim

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey Andy quick question about the bidding for a local campaign.

It shows that the impr. share lost by budget is at 40%. The campaign is still in testing phase, without much data.

Some keywords already show the landing page experience and ad relevance, together with the quality score. I noticed that if a campaign get´s more data, then it starts to show the actual quality score. And not below average for landing page experience.

Would you recommend still lowering the bids on those keywords, with a "bad" quality score, to get more volume?

Or does keeping the bids at avg. cpc or above, get a better quality score?

thanks in advance
Maxim
I ignore quality score and ad relevance. I only care about getting good search intent visitors and turning them into inquirers and clients/customers.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 4, 2023
Hey Andy, two short questions: Would you put close variant search terms as negative Keywords if they`re not 100% the same as the targeted Keyword, to be more granular ?

Secondly, would you recommend removing the non buying intent keywords, because I have some in there. I saw that the search volume was very low on the long tail/ buying intent keywords, so I added the broader keywords to my list. But maybe it´s smarter to only have long tail keywords in the campaign, even if they have low search volume (10 searches per month) ?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Would you put close variant search terms as negative Keywords if they`re not 100% the same as the targeted Keyword, to be more granular ?
I do. Others don't.

I figure if someone searches for "houses for sale dublin" then the ad they should see is "Dublin Houses For Sale" and not "Dublin Homes For Sale".

would you recommend removing the non buying intent keywords, because I have some in there. I saw that the search volume was very low on the long tail/ buying intent keywords, so I added the broader keywords to my list. But maybe it´s smarter to only have long tail keywords in the campaign, even if they have low search volume (10 searches per month) ?
Firstly, long tail doesn't necessarily mean higher buying intent.

Personally, I like SKAGs or STAGs and using exact or phrase match. I'll often have exact-match campaigns and clone them as phrase-match with exact-match negatives. That's old school but still helpful in some cases.

Not sure that answered that question as I'm not sure what you mean.

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 4, 2023
I do. Others don't.

I figure if someone searches for "houses for sale dublin" then the ad they should see is "Dublin Houses For Sale" and not "Dublin Homes For Sale".

Firstly, long tail doesn't necessarily mean higher buying intent.

Personally, I like SKAGs or STAGs and using exact or phrase match. I'll often have exact-match campaigns and clone them as phrase-match with exact-match negatives. That's old school but still helpful in some cases.

Not sure that answered that question as I'm not sure what you mean.
Thanks, that answers my question!

Timo.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 26, 2023
I currently use a shared daily budget for all my campaigns. But only 2 out of 7 campaigns are getting most of the volume and it's very inconsistent which of those 2 campaigns spends more per day. Both campaigns are doing well and I would like to compare how they would perform if they spent the same amount per day. My plan was to give these 2 main campaigns their own budget and the remaining 5 campaigns still have a shared budget.

Are there any downsides to switching from a shared daily budget to daily budgets per campaign?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I currently use a shared daily budget for all my campaigns. But only 2 out of 7 campaigns are getting most of the volume and it's very inconsistent which of those 2 campaigns spends more per day. Both campaigns are doing well and I would like to compare how they would perform if they spent the same amount per day. My plan was to give these 2 main campaigns their own budget and the remaining 5 campaigns still have a shared budget.

Are there any downsides to switching from a shared daily budget to daily budgets per campaign?
No downsides switching if you're using manual bids. If you're using maximise clicks, maximise conversions, etc then it would likely force the algorithm to start learning again.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.