The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

C-Jay

Audeamus
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Aug 7, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Just got home. Missed my connection due to a delay, had to spend the night in Calgary. Hopped on a plane today and then followed up that flight with a five hour drive. A nuisance to be sure, but definitely convenient for some self-reflection.

I can safely say two things:

1. Without a shred of doubt that despite not getting any work done, I accomplished more these past 3 days than I did in the last 3 months. The number of like-minded people and sheer hustlers was mind-blowing. To be in the company of such unanimously hard-charging folks is a humbling privilege.

2. I will arrive next year with much, much more to contribute. I was a beneficiary this year and I promise to change that. My gratitude goes out to all of you.

I can't begin to list the people I want to thank (and I'm sure I'd need to be refreshed on more than a few forum names). @EvanOkanagan (extremely knowledgeable and humble dude crushing it in real estate), @DrkSide (I nominate you to speak next year and I know anyone who discussed e-commerce with you will agree; hope the long drive home is going well!), @Envision (Thanks for all the insight. I still think you lied about your age. PS get your buddy Tanner (?) on here!), @Kung Fu Steve (hearing this guy in presentation mode is worth the price of admission on it's own), @Greg Rutkowski (you and the wife are going to crush it my friend, keep at it!), @Bdenner64 (you'll be speaking at this event someday), @Water (same for you), @GlobalWealth (this guy go-karts), @Gary (your wife told me your age and I still don't believe her; thanks for the great chats!), @biophase (the master of e-commerce who has time for everyone, both human and canine), @Chitown and @Arrabista (these two might be the most infectiously charismatic people on the forum), @million$$$smile (just absolutely inspiring), among many others whose handles I cannot recall. And of course @MJ DeMarco and the rest of the people who made this all happen. You share the gratitude of all of us.

-Chad

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I really enjoy the meet ups.

Second in a distant second but very enjoyable is the follow-ups to the meetups. This thread. I've refreshed it about 30 times today.

Really the only thing more enjoyable as it pertains to the "work" surrounding this community is watching how you put into practice everything you take away from these gatherings, and then the eventual success stories that now are pouring out.

People in this community are doing some amazing things and climbing some amazing mountains. More and more and more winning stories were shared at the Meetup this year. Real people accomplishing amazing things from seeds planted by the Millionaire Fast Lane. People becoming Unscripted .

Last edited:

JSM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 19, 2016
REP+ for this, by the way.

I know I'm not the only one who took almost no photos and is very, very glad someone like you "stepped up" for the rest of us in that regard.

You did an awesome job - thank you.

(And thanks to everyone else who contributed photos to this thread as well!)

+1 to this. I wasn’t able to attend but I still enjoyed checking out this thread each day and seeing all the photos. Great inspiration for me to make sure I make it out next year. Thanks @Robert_R and all others.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I wrote pages and pages of information dump on the plane home. My thank you post will take a day or two to write as always since there are quite a few names i have to match up.

It will be interesting to see how many folks change their usernames and/or profile pictures after all the talk of it during the event because of how difficult it makes things with networking in person. (this was the longest sentence in the world for such a simple thing{this one too.})

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
That's always a concern every year. A RE guy might not find value in a talk about PPC and vice versa, but in every instance, I found the stories and presentations valuable to me, even though I have zero chance of owning a golf course and zero chance of owning an ironworker store ... the value is in hearing the process, the mindset, the reaction to failure and trials, and the stories...

In many ways, it was those presentations that were NOT related to what I'm currently working on, that I found the most interesting. I really liked that the presentations were very diverse and allowed us to learn about different types of businesses.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I am so glad several people, like @LightHouse mentioned, are changing their profile pics.

Nothing wrong with the way it was before, but being able to see the faces at the conf, and put the faces here, along with username is so helpful.

Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
I wrote pages and pages of information dump on the plane home. My thank you post will take a day or two to write as always since there are quite a few names i have to match up.

It will be interesting to see how many folks change their usernames and/or profile pictures after all the talk of it during the event because of how difficult it makes things with networking in person. (this was the longest sentence in the world for such a simple thing{this one to.})

Looking forward to this Write-up

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
I am so glad several people, like @LightHouse mentioned, are changing their profile pics.

Nothing wrong with the way it was before, but being able to see the faces at the conf, and put the faces here, along with username is so helpful.
Yeah, my mind was pretty much blown when @LightHouse got up to speak to us and I realized he didn't actually have green clown hair.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Yes, your Avatar and your forum name IS YOUR PERSONAL NETWORK'S BRANDING. Would you put a fake name and a peice of shit as your logo on your business website and expect results?

No, unless you're in the business of cleaning up confusing shit.

MJ will be working on changing names for days.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Yes, your Avatar and your forum name IS YOUR PERSONAL NETWORK'S BRANDING. Would you put a fake name and a peice of sh*t as your logo on your business website and expect results?

No, unless you're in the business of cleaning up confusing sh*t.

MJ will be working on changing names for days.

The question is what is Allen going to put for his picture

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
The question is what is Allen going to put for his picture

I'll give him full permission to use this piece of original artwork titled "Cremè Factory"...

4de9c809a752c3157354ec1b057564f5.jpg

Last edited:

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego
Yes, your Avatar and your forum name IS YOUR PERSONAL NETWORK'S BRANDING. Would you put a fake name and a peice of sh*t as your logo on your business website and expect results?

I’m with you on this, @LightHouse .

As I met many of you the first question that comes up is “what’s your forum handle.” When I would say ‘gary’, they wouldn’t believe me and insist on looking at my badge. Then inevitably they would add ‘oh, that makes sense.’

Hyrum

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Jul 5, 2016
Nebraska
I’m with you on this, @LightHouse .

As I met many of you the first question that comes up is “what’s your forum handle.” When I would say ‘gary’, they wouldn’t believe me and insist on looking at my badge. Then inevitably they would add ‘oh, that makes sense.’

I’m in the same boat my friend. In hindsight, it was a pretty darn good idea.
It was good chatting with you in the cigar lounge; wish I was able to continue our conversation. I’ll make sure to drop you a line next time I’m in San Diego.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I am carefully reading and living vicariously through the post Summit 2018 threads, and am getting a ton of value. The more experienced entrepreneurs definitely have a totally different mindset and can spot opportunity/abundance where others might see scarcity.

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego
I’m in the same boat my friend. In hindsight, it was a pretty darn good idea.
It was good chatting with you in the cigar lounge; wish I was able to continue our conversation. I’ll make sure to drop you a line next time I’m in San Diego.

Please do. Drinks on me.

Last edited:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

RayAndré

Win From Within
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 7, 2017
Tampa, FL

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan

Agreed, and done.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

ApeRunner

Very Fast on a Bike
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 16, 2014
Cozumel

Well, thats what I did threen months before the event.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Wow... De-compressing from a trip like this is... hard.

For those that don't know.. I've been on & off the forum before the first book came out and back during my senior year of college when I had absolutely no clue what I was going to do in life and seeking direction.

After years and years of talking & interacting, I finally get a chance to meet these same people. And I'm still a bit speechless. This may get a bit long here lol.

One; I got to finally thank @MJ DeMarco in person. I thought about this moment for years and years. What was I going to say? How was I going to say it? I mean MJ's influence completely changed the direction of my life & the successes I have achieved so far in life, MJ planted that seed 9 years ago. I can solidly say, without this forum; I would not be no where near where I am today.

So when I met MJ; I completely duff'ed it. None of what I rehearsed in my head went to plan lmao. I think 9+ years of relentless hustle, grind, and sacrifices was well said in 2 tear drops of gratitude (just 2 right @AllenCrawley lol) with no words really needing spoken.

- - - - - - - - - -

My head space is still in a bit of cloud, so sorry if I missed anybody.. @Vigilante - you were excited to meet me? Nooo way... I was way more excited to finally get a chance to meet and talk to you! The amount of respect I have for you throughout the years, it was an uber-humbling feeling after I brain-dumped crypto to you & @million$$$smile - Here I am spilling my crazy non-sense to these OG's that have achieved so much & they are full-ears ingesting everything I'm saying. Absolutely humbling to say the least.. Thank you!

@LightHouse - apart from being a complete comedian, his insights and advice were so good; it had me waking up the morning in a completely soaked shirt from an anxiety-filled dream. I've interacted with him for years on here, and after just 20mins, I get the most honest, raw advice ever.. stuff I needed to hear! Thank you!

@biophase - this guy needs a clone machine. Some of the best advices I got this weekend was not about business, but about handling life & balances. And everything you said will resonate with me for years and years to come. Thank you!

I met quite a few other forum OGs like @JAJT @JasonR @Jill @Kung Fu Steve @SteveO @Eskil @DBXI @DaveC and others - time was the enemy here and I regret not getting a solid convo in! Sooo many others I missed.

Made some life long friends here: @TKDTyler @nitroheadz28 @Ungodly @vitality11 @amp0193 and others.. the level of connection on another level. I've been looking for friends like this for the past 10 years, and here they were the whole time. Now they know I am 110% serious when I hurl insults at them on Slack & I hope they take all of it personal lmao

- - - - - - - - - -

Amazingly, somehow, there were many that met me in a different light. There were those that have read my breadcrumbs throughout the years, looked up to me, & excited to meet me. All of them reminded me of me 9 years ago. The hunger in their eyes, the passion & enthusiasm in their energy bubble, etc.

I hope me rambling to them came across okay lol. Many, if not all, of them all were taking actions, taking steps towards their goals, etc. and not just "action faking". I wanted to make sure they heard it from me personally as someone who's been in their shoes, they are on the right path! Persistence will be tested and tested and tested in the following years, but one foot ahead of the other every single day.. you will get there.

- - - - - - - - - -

The speakers were all amazing. The location, atmosphere, the energy, etc. out of this world. Thank you to the team who put it all together, Danielle, @Eskil , etc.

I got serious a$$-kicking to do in 2018 to have a story to tell at the next summit. I can't wait, and I look forward to it & hanging with all the friends I made in the between time.

Last edited:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

Thanks man.

I need to first get things back and better than they were last year before offering to speak. I regret not going to this year's meetup, but need to put my head down for awhile and keep grinding first.

Work. Gym. Work. A little trashtalk on the forum. More work. Repeat.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Thanks man.

I need to first get things back and better than they were last year before offering to speak. I regret not going to this year's meetup, but need to put my head down for awhile and keep grinding first.

Work. Gym. Work. A little trashtalk on the forum. More work. Repeat.

I don't care whether or not you speak.

I just want to meet the guy behind the trash talk. ;)

You say what people need to hear.

Belphegor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Aug 1, 2016
Oregon
Thanks to the speakers, everyone who helped put on, and the participants for creating such an inspiring, motivating, and kick a$$ event.

A few quick highlights and reminders I'll share as I start integrating and reflecting on the event...

1. @MJ DeMarco - in addition to putting on a great event pulling together such a great pool of people and an awesome talk, thanks for the reminder to reevaluate our personal lifestyle equations and make sure we're building in the high-value outcome variables with probabilities attached to them... I love betting on long-shots with positive expected value

2. Next time I get the proverbial nut kicking... I'll think back to the sprinkler heads and tire tracks at @SteveO's golf course, the headaches @TheTruth shared, and the grit @million$$$smile showed when he decided to go heads-up with a massive industry incumbent. Sometimes it feels like you're getting worse luck than others when in reality... EVERYONE is constantly dealing with issues big and small. It's the sort of resilience and ability to stay objective and make good decisions these guys shared highlighting the mindset to navigate difficult times and come out on top I'll try and carry with me

3. @Arrabista - but i write the most thorough specs and emails with every detail spelled out to my overseas suppliers!!! I could only shake my head and laugh at myself during your talk. Post-CNY Skype meetings booked and the trip overseas is making its way onto the calendar. Thanks for sharing all the valuable lessons.

4. @Kung Fu Steve - getting crystal clear on the 6 human needs and how I can be more conscious of my own biases in decision making and those of my partners and others I'll work with in the future - such valuable stuff and you're a true pro as a speaker and trainer

There's so much/many more I could highlight but I wanted to share gratitude and a few quick highlights. As an introverted "new guy" that's terrible at networking events, thanks to all of the speakers I didn't list above, the staff, and all of the attendees for creating a space to connect, learn, get inspiration, put a face to screen names, and get more clarity and purpose on our paths.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.