The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
And my voice is still destroyed at that.

Looool. Glad to know I wasn't the only one who woke up not being able to talk.

Maybe I should've listened more than speaking. :happy:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
15189906633807369846952595931406.jpg Just driving back from the airport and plugged in my phone and this is what popped up

Last edited by a moderator:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
:star::star::star: ATTENTION :star::star::star:

All non summit attendees. Everything you read on this thread is a;

dRkfzaJ.jpg

@Chitown

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
@Greg Rutkowski I really enjoyed meeting you and your wife. You guys make a great team and she will be part of your success story.

Thanks Dave!

It was awesome having the opportunity to spend some time with you (as fleeting as it was)!

Keep your eye out for some good "mezcal" tequila, you won't regret it.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Boss Lady and I are currently in a cab on the way home from the Summit.

There is so much that I want to say but I know that I must wait...

So for now, we just want to say thank you to everyone. Especially those who helped put this together.

The people that we meet this week are incredible and I am so happy to be apart of this community.

Thank you.

Edit:

source.gif

Last edited:

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
I’m sitting at the airport, waiting for Big Bird to fly me home. Thoughts of the Summit crisscross my mind.

There were so many takeaways from the last couple of days that it would be hard to list them by their importance…

But there is one takeaway that is preeminent in my mind. One defining thought that encapsulates the entire weekend for me.

And that is the meeting of likeminded entrepreneurs who are on the same journey of providing value of some kind to the masses and striving for their life of Unscripted .

I liken the Summit to a huge repository-filled with knowledge, ideas, dreams and aspirations.

I met so many cool individuals.

Some that have already ‘made it’ and many of us that are still walking that journey.

My only regret was not meeting everyone…

One personal thing I’ve been working to incorporate in my life is learning to hold lightly of things, and to grip tightly to friendships, memories, and relationships.

Much of the latter was added this weekend.

I met new friends, created great memories and developed a few awesome relationships.

I was inspired having heard incredible stories of perseverance, overcoming obstacles, and not giving in to discouragement or setbacks.

I met with future game changers in their industry.

Others that had great ideas but needing a bit of direction.

And a few that just wanted to receive knowledge bombs and wisdom from those more experienced on this trail.

It was a minor investment with huge returns.

If there is another meetup anywhere in the world as good as this, I would be shocked.

And if there is, I am sure it would run into the thousands of dollars to attend.

Thanks to all the speakers who were bold enough to share about their failures, and successes.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco, @Red, @AllenCrawley and @Eskil for putting on an incredibly awesome couple of days.

And to all attendees:

BE INSPIRED!

Take that next step, walk the next mile, climb that yonder mountain. The destination is there in the far distance. Don’t give up. When discouragement comes reach inside and grab a little more.

If you believe in what your doing, then grow your grit.

It can be very character building.

I’ll see you there…

R

Last edited:

Robert_R

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Jun 8, 2017
New Mexico

Since someone asked at the summit (I think it was MJ). This is Eric Wareheim and the mind blown scene was from an episode of the Tim and Eric Awesome Show that was on Adult swim a while back.

Eric.jpg

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
I almost cancelled my trip—even after the ticket swap time period had expired.

I forced myself to go way out of my comfort zone to attend this event.

Holy shit, I cannot believe by how much my expectations were exceeded!

It’s weird. I met people that I felt like I already knew before.

I feel extremely lucky to have found this forum.

But we know better than to credit luck for anything.

Not only because of MJ’s mind blowing presentation where he proved without a doubt that if you haven’t succeeded yet, it’s only a matter of mathematically-proven-time--as long as your are following CENTS...

... But because as I heard someone say a while back...what we sometimes refer to as Luck is nothing but the point where Preparation meets Opportunity.

I hope to soon be able to contribute half as much as what the speakers and others contributed to me, because as @Kung Fu Steve taught us, without fulfilling the need of Contribution, we aren’t quite complete.

My only regret is that I didn’t get to thank MJ in person.

Thanks to all the speakers, and of course, @MJ DeMarco , @AllenCrawley, @Red, and Eskil for making all of this possible.

Know that what you do is tremendously appreciated.

@IlyaP, @Dunkafelics, @c4n, @Beatingtheodds, @Eskil, @eliquid, @JAJT, @Hyrum, @DaveC, @Water, @Castillo, @James Fend, @Jill, @Greg Rutkowski, @rogainer, @ZCP, @Kung Fu Steve, @Ungodly, @vitality11, @becks22, @Ronak, @Raoul Duke, @Chitown, @UnrealCreative, @Arrabista, @powderhound100, @LightHouse, @nitroheadz28

Forgot your user names: Dave, Brett, Zach, Chad, Adolfo, Antoine.

-Pedro

Last edited:

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Yes, thanks for @Red, @Eskil, @AllenCrawley and @MJ DeMarco for the work put into this.

Thanks for @Vigilante for showing up

And thanks to all the speakers that presented and thanks to @James Fend for having a backup presentation just in case. BTW, I think I said your last name wrong during my presentation.. lol

Anyways.... If you wanna present in 2019, today is the best day to get started on that venture.

@SteveO gave away a great business opportunity in his presentation so if you didn't catch it, sorry.

But it rhymes with rebuilt "crinkler".

Between krispy kreme's and allen's kreme, Im not sure which had the best laugh.

10db-krispy2-master768.jpg

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
For those of you reading this that didn't attend or are "waiting till your successful" to attend... F THAT.
If you missed out this year, DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

For those of you that didn't attend (myself included), think about why you didn't attend. I'm sure you know the excuses you've told yourself, but are aware of the real reasons you didn't attend. I know I do.

"Not successful enough"
"Not enough money"
"Bad spoken English"
"I'm afraid"

Pick yours.

But I also, sure as hell, know that these reasons (excuses) won't stop me next year. You have exactly one year to work on whatever you think is holding you back.

Let this thread, and your FOMO, kick your a$$ back into gear.

See you at the next Summit.

EDIT: Also, thank you all for sharing pictures and small snippets of the event :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
For those of you that didn't attend (myself included), think about why you didn't attend. I'm sure you know the excuses you've told yourself, but are aware of the real reasons you didn't attend. I know I do.

"Not successful enough"
"Not enough money"
"Bad spoken English"
"I'm afraid"

Pick yours.

But I also, sure as hell, know that these reasons (excuses) won't stop me next year. You have exactly one year to work on whatever you think is holding you back.

Let this thread, and your FOMO, kick your a$$ back into gear.

See you at the next Summit.

EDIT: Also, thank you all for sharing pictures and small snippets of the event :)

My first year on the forum, I didn't attend. I posted the "reason" why I didn't attend, and I got rightfully bar-b-qued for it.

The bottom line is if it is important enough to be there, you will be there.

If it's not, you won't.

The key is that for the people who do attend, it is life changing. The people who I consulted with through the sale of my company? 100% of them I met at the gathering. The depth of your rolodex is greatly enhanced through these personal connections, and you will NEVER get that access by posting some witty comments on the forum.

I learned more from @AllenCrawley in his 45 minute presentation than any MBA student will EVER learn from some professor that teaches out of a book. I can't put a price tag on listening to @biophase talk about his company, his exit and his plans. I got from @Kung Fu Steve a condensed version of what people pay thousands of dollars to attend motivational events get. And it cost me a plane ticket, a hotel room, and a few hundred bucks? Holy shit I got to meet @James Fend ! Seriously. I hope I didn't show my fan boy star worship too much. @million$$$smile and I got a private investment lesson from @James Fend beyond anything he would ever post on the forum. A couple hundred bucks for this? Are you KIDDING ME?

The attendees don't really grieve for the people who didn't attend. Not attending is your choice. There's not much sleep lost over the guy or gal who wanted to come but didn't. There is literal sleep lost at the meetup feeding off the energy of the common bond. The attendees have a common bond and a level of commitment that is not shared with non-attendees.

Some of the presenters there blew me away, specifically because their presentations were unexpected gold. Every year. New faces, same results. Gold. This is a meetup like no other. There's no other ticket anywhere in the United States you can find that will bring you into the inner circle this will be. @MJ DeMarco doesn't do this for himself... if he did, he would listen to me and charge the few thousand dollars he should and could. He won't. He puts this on for you. He pays this forward for you. All of this is arranged not for him, but for you. It is maybe the only such conference in the United States that isn't selling you anything. It's giving, not taking. Some recently self-exiled jackass wanted @MJ DeMarco to pay him to attend and speak. Guys like that aren't even worthy of an attendee ticket. That's not what this is.

There will be dozens of people next year who today are like "I am not going to miss it" but next year will roll around and there will be another reason. Another crisis. Another shortage. Another excuse. Another "next year." And that's fine. That is natural selection, which carves out the room for the 99% of the people that are SUPPOSED to be there.

With only one or two exceptions that were predictable, everyone engaged and lives were impacted. There is nothing like it. Stories were told of how MJ's work has made permanent blessed impact. I saw introverts step out and step up and engage, and hopefully they will be blessed by daring to take the risk. I am thinking of one dude who I love on the forum. He took risks, stepped out, stepped up. Definitely not an extrovert, but he put himself in position to meet all of us. And I hope his life is blessed and changed as a result. This takes guts.

Hope to see you there next year, but the only one that gets to decide your level of engagement is... you.

And for those of you who were in attendance, now you REALLY have no excuses. We're depending on you to lead the next wave. Figuratively and literally the leadership mantle torch gets passed every year. Get yourself up to the podium.

My thanks for my boss and mentor and friend @MJ DeMarco. Legacy. You did it again.

Last edited:

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Starting to see new progress threads being made as a result of attending the summit.
I encourage all the first timers who attended the summit, and who feel like they have not yet made much progress (or are maybe new to all of this), to:

1) Create yourself a progress thread. It will help keep yourself accountable, teach others your takeaways, lessons, and failures to avoid along the way, and also give you valuable feedback from others.

2) Make it your goal to some day be a presenter at a future summit. Start today by writing down what the title of your presentation would be, and imagine yourself standing up there speaking to the room about your accomplishments and hurdles (the same accomplishments and hurdles you may have yet to face - but that you are soon about to get into).

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
With only one or two exceptions that were predictable, everyone engaged and lives were impacted.

Lol, yeah....I'm not gonna mention names but out of 120 attendees I only spoke with ONE person who felt like this summit "wasn't what he expected" and that the presentations were supposedly "disappointing". :jawdrop:

I thought... seriously dude?.. if you can't see value in a MASSIVE treasure trove of golden information, lifelong experiences from millionaires, presentations that literally tell you how and why you can completely change your life today... well then maybe this forum is not for you. SMH....

Of course the other 99.99% of summit attendees ALWAYS find this summit priceless.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I cant speak for others, but this event really is like none other.

We all take away something different and we all experience something unique, but I've been to several events/conf/summits in my life:

1. Ad Techs
2. Affiliate Summits
3. Smaller and private events similar to MJ's in other locations

Etc.

I have a certain type of personality and attitude, but all those other events always felt formal, stiff, unfriendly, cut and dry, and bland. Cookie cutter almost when it came to the people that attended and the way they interacted with each other.

This event wasn't like that.

I actually stopped going to events a few years ago overall because it was so stiff and cut & dry. I was paying money, listening, trying to network and it just felt "business". I didn't need that, or really gain much from them so I stopped going overall because that is what I always left with once the "shiny" from the event was over.

But on the first day, I see Allen and Bobby cutting up on stage. Actually it was pretty much Bobby and whoever was up on stage was cutting up.

Then the inside jokes, the back and forth, the interaction....

You could tell there was a friendship among most of the people. One that went back years even.

I heard stories privately of how many of them help each other, not only in business but in their personal lives.

You could tell people in the room actually did care for others and it wasn't just from the presenters or organizers.

People were genuine in this event and that makes it totally radical and unique.

I learned a lot, about a lot of things. Especially how to give a better presentation that involves audience participation, personal storytelling, imagery, and connecting with others. So even if I forget the topics of each presenter, I'm coming away with a tremendous amount of value just in "teaching others".

I generally don't tell myself, "I'll be back next year" after these events. This event has totally changed that now though.

Last edited:

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Lol, yeah....I'm not gonna mention names but out of 120 attendees I only spoke with ONE person who felt like this summit "wasn't what he expected" and that the presentations were supposedly "disappointing". :jawdrop:

Wut, was Klaw at the summit ?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Home finally - wish I stayed till Tuesday. Live and learn :)

First time I touched my laptop since Tuesday - I have some serious catching up to do, haha.

What an amazing weekend.

Reconnected with some fantastic friends I haven't seen in years.
Got to put a face to some names that I've been chatting with online for a while now.
Also made some awesome new friends that I've never seen or talked to before the event.

It was a wild, amazing ride from start to finish.

The presentations were awesome and inspiring and super helpful as always. I can't even list how much I learned and took away from them all. A HUGE thank you to everyone who got up there and for James to have everyone's back, just in case.

ALL the speakers were fantastic but I'm never not going to single out @million$$$smile as one of my favorite speakers of all time. You (once again!) had the entire room hooting and hollering and on the edge of their seat while you stood up there completely reserved and humble and just told your story like it was. Hat's off to you man, seriously.

The greatest challenge this weekend was getting more than 3 minutes with anyone. And my voice is still destroyed at that.

So much "this".

Even an entire week is simply not enough time to spend with such fine company. I got in Tuesday and spent basically every waking hour with amazing folks and I STILL didn't get around to meeting everyone.

I'd say I got to "go deep" with a solid handful of folks (@LightHouse nailed it on that one) and other folks very unfortunately ended up being little more than a handshake, a smile, and a "great to meet you" before one of us got pulled away for a dozen different reasons. And everything in between for that matter :)

Just know that if I met you for even 10 seconds - I'm happy to have done so!
And if I missed you entirely - trust me - it wasn't for any lack of trying!

I was going to do some shout outs to folks I met with and a few quick comments on the weekend but honestly - I can't do it.

EVERYONE was amazing.

There wasn't even ONE person who I wasn't happy to meet.

Very much looking forward to seeing everyone again next year.

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego
Exactly. The first thing I do now after these events is this:
I sit down at my computer, take out all of my notes, ideas, new connections, and everything else that I learned - and I put them all into actionable items in Trello.

Right now is the perfect time to bring up this super valuable thread by @LightHouse :
GOLD - Achieve Laser FOCUS + PRODUCTIVITY With The System Legendary Fastlaners Use...

I cannot recommend this tool enough! It seriously propelled my own efficiency, structure, accountability, and task planning into the stratosphere.

@Eskil thank you for the reminder. I used Trello extensively throughout 2015-2016 but got away from it because I started to fade on my daily use of it. I logged back in today and started the transfer of my notes. Why I let such a useful tool fall out of my toolbag is a sad mystery.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
Sitting in the airport getting ready to board my flight and man this summit was phenomal. The friends made, stories heard, and lessons learned are priceless and I want to thank everyone.

I thought about singling out specifics but the truth is you can learn from everyone you get the opportunity to speak to and my only regret is I didn’t speak to enough people despite being up till 5 am shootin the shit with everyone.

Excited to see what’s to come and where everyone’s at next year. Don’t be the one that doesn’t do something with the things they learned at the summit. And one thing I want to reiterate from the previous summit from @LightHouse that really helped me was DONT DABBLE. Go hard at one thing and kill it.

Good luck!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
As always, blown away by the quality of people that attended this summit. This is the only place I can go where everyone speaks the same language. A language that few of us understand. We can be comfortable. We can be ourselves. We can converse without glazed or condescending eyes looking back at us.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.