The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Test Your LOGO for Free

Marketing, social media, advertising
U

User62861

I get so many messages on different online platforms to review business logos.

You dont have to be a brand expert to do it yourself. This is not a full test but it will help you A LOT!

Two tests:

1. Logo should work no matter how you resize it
2. It should work just in black color on white background

———

1. Scale down your logo to fit in 1cm by 1cm square. If you still can see and read it properly, than your logo is good.

2. Make your logo just in black color (EVERYTHING BLACK). If you dont lose shapes (every part of the logo still can be recognized and legible), than you have a good logo.

Please note, both test should be passed in order to get on the right track. There are many other stuff, but the post would be way too long for that.

There you go. Its simple and easy. Try it out and make your brand look more professional!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
I think you're reaching waaay too far by saying your logo is good if you can pass this test. Rather, your logo *may* not be in the realms of tragic. But you're dumbing it down way to much. Advice for somebody who is starting out with absolutely no cash to develop a brand identity:
  • Keep it simple
  • Make sure it works on both web and print
  • Focus on the wordmark
  • Avoid lots of detail if you use iconography

U

User62861

I think you're reaching waaay to far by saying your logo is good if you can pass this test. Rather, your logo *may* not be in the realms of tragic. But you're dumbing it down way to much. Advice for somebody who is starting out with absolutely no cash to develop a brand identity:
  • Keep it simple
  • Make sure it works on both web and print
  • Focus on the wordmark
  • Avoid lots of detail if you use iconography
Your points will be covered if a logo pass those 2 tests.

For example, if a logo has way too much details, they will be lost (maybe even look like a mess) when you resize it down.

That means it wont be readable.

If its not readable, whats the point of the logo?

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
While I get the importance of a good logo, it's not the be-all-end-all of things.
In fact, for many businesses that are starting up (lawn mowing company / toilet repair service), they actually don't need to spend > $100 on a logo, unless their business is aesthetics-related aka lifestyle brands like MVMT.

Harley Davidson and Lamborghini will not pass the 1st test.
When you shrink it to 1 x 1 cm, can you make out what it is? Yes, because they're already well known brands.
But can you see the details of the logos? Like all the highlights and shadows, legs and horns of the bull in the Lambo logo at that size? Nope.

U

User62861

While I get the importance of a good logo, it's not the be-all-end-all of things.
In fact, for many businesses that are starting up (lawn mowing company / toilet repair service), they actually don't need to spend > $100 on a logo, unless their business is aesthetics-related aka lifestyle brands like MVMT.

Harley Davidson and Lamborghini will not pass the 1st test.
When you shrink it to 1 x 1 cm, can you make out what it is? Yes, because they're already well known brands.
But can you see the details of the logos? Like all the highlights and shadows, legs and horns of the bull in the Lambo logo at that size? Nope.
Lamborghini has a black version of the logo. This is one of things that I didnt want to talk, because then I could talk about other stuff too.

Some brand use just long text for a logo. Sports Illustrated for example, but as Lambo they have other version ( just SI logo) that will pass both tests.

I gave you the better and easier option for start.

You can use logo like Labmo but than you have to establish the whole brand system like Coca Cola and so on.

Every business should look good, there is an easier and harder path to do it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.