The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

I never believed in climate change but this video changed my mind. I can't believe I have two small children, they are doomed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Isn't that a big fat negative interest rate in real terms?
Yes it is, but it's not doing very much compared to the sum now. Like MJ says too, what's a couple hundred bucks a month in cash flow either? Taking the large sum would be like rocket fuel versus renting it out for maybe $400/month in cash flow and waiting to refinance. Plus it could be leveraged into more properties.
What return are you getting from this investment?
Currently none as I'm living in it:p Unless we guess what appreciation could be..

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Yes it is, but it's not doing very much compared to the sum now. Like MJ says too, what's a couple hundred bucks a month in cash flow either? Taking the large sum would be like rocket fuel versus renting it out for maybe $400/month in cash flow and waiting to refinance. Plus it could be leveraged into more properties.

Currently none as I'm living in it:p Unless we guess what appreciation could be..
Would you be selling into weakness? Where will you live once sold?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Would you be selling into weakness? Where will you live once sold?
I would find that before selling, I think. I would talk to the same realtor who helped me find this deal and look at getting another below market value under contract (a very nice home in a great neighborhood I can live in but that needs repairs, which is how I got this awesome deal I have now), list mine at an aggressive price (right at market value) and be off to the races!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I never believed in climate change but this video changed my mind. I can't believe I have two small children, they are doomed.

Everything is manipulated for an agenda, just surf Netflix and it is disgustingly littered with narrative framing operations.

Kinda tells you how bad the C0VID propaganda was/is.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I would find that before selling, I think. I would talk to the same realtor who helped me find this deal and look at getting another below market value under contract (a very nice home in a great neighborhood I can live in but that needs repairs, which is how I got this awesome deal I have now), list mine at an aggressive price (right at market value) and be off to the races!
Seems to me that you have a plan. My daughter has a 3% interest rate with a lot of equity. I've actually tried to discourage her from selling.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Seems to me that you have a plan. My daughter has a 3% interest rate with a lot of equity. I've actually tried to discourage her from selling.
I'd like to hear more about that and your thoughts. I think a lot of people are in that boat. My issue is that I sunk a lot of cash into renovations on this deal, which I managed to scoop up for nearly half off. Definitely don't need to sell, but kind of stuck.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I'd like to hear more about that and your thoughts. I think a lot of people are in that boat. My issue is that I sunk a lot of cash into renovations on this deal, which I managed to scoop up for nearly half off. Definitely don't need to sell, but kind of stuck.
You have a plan and experience. Different situation.

That said... I don't know if that cheap money will come back around. Some people should keep that in place.

Put your plan down on paper and project the potential difference.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Everything is manipulated for an agenda, just surf Netflix and it is disgustingly littered with narrative framing operations.

Kinda tells you how bad the C0VID propaganda was/is.
This video was released BEFORE all the current BS. The data has been manipulated even harder lately.

There are children out there who legitimately believe with all their being that they won't be able to live another 10 years (So death to the planet sometime around 2030). Where did they get that from? It is from adults manipulating them to believe that. Go outside and enjoy some nature and use some critical thinking.

My area of specialty is Oil and Gas. I find the people who fight against in the hardest (and especially the Oil Sands) are those who are the least informed. It is crazy. At least arm yourself with some real knowledge if you want to argue against a topic. It is the same in every industry. Unfortunately if you go against the narrative in ANY subject, you get 0 funding and will often times be attacked on a personal level until everyone thinks you are a quack. It does not matter to seem what that area is, you have to go with the flow.

Right, like the modern human knows everything there is to know about every single subject ever. Better just shut our collective traps and accept that we know everything about everything.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

One of the comments under that video was that it's easier to deceive people than convince them they've been deceived. So true, and it stopped me from sharing that video to a couple of people that would probably have never talked to me again if I had.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I'm not sure if this question really deserves its own thread so I am here just in case:
Due to this thread GOLD! - MINDSET - Why Quiet Quitting Is Holding You Back in Life I was wondering if I could technically fit everything under my sleeve without slacking on things like school. I then noticed that to fit everything into one day, each day, I would need to wake up early af (about 4:30am) so I could check off piano practise and do the business after school while it's still day outside. I would obviously go to bed way earlier and also wouldn't lose any amount of sun light. Heck, due to the business (that requires me outside) I'd even get more sun exposure.

Has anybody tried this and did it work?

Have a great day~~

G

Guest-5ty5s4

You have a plan and experience. Different situation.

That said... I don't know if that cheap money will come back around. Some people should keep that in place.

Put your plan down on paper and project the potential difference.
The other thing about that cheap money coming back or not is that if it doesn’t, that means I also won’t have an exit via cash out refinancing. So I’ll have to wait and hold. Is it really worth the annuity of $X in cash flow? I’ll write out some equations to compare.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
The other thing about that cheap money coming back or not is that if it doesn’t, that means I also won’t have an exit via cash out refinancing. So I’ll have to wait and hold. Is it really worth the annuity of $X in cash flow? I’ll write out some equations to compare.
I do expect that it will come out in favor of selling. That's always been my mantra. But it also seems relevant to consider your living status.

Then again... cash to start another...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I do expect that it will come out in favor of selling. That's always been my mantra. But it also seems relevant to consider your living status.

Then again... cash to start another...

Whatcha been up to Steve? Haven’t seen an update from you in a while.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Goodbye to Revue by Twitter...

We’ll cut to the chase: from January 18, 2023, it will no longer be possible to access your Revue account. On that date, Revue will shut down and all data will be deleted. This has been a hard decision because we know Revue has a passionate user base, made up of people like you.

In the meantime, you will be able to download your subscriber list, past newsletter issues, and analytics by following the instructions here.

If you run a paid newsletter, on December 20, 2022 we will set all paid subscriptions to cancel at the end of their billing cycle. This is to prevent your subscribers being charged for Revue content after the point where it is no longer possible to send newsletters from Revue.

We want to remind you that it is your responsibility to adhere to any applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your subscriber list and other data we share with you, and Twitter, Inc. has not obtained permission for you to use subscriber information for any purpose.

We’re grateful to everyone who has used our service over the years, and hope we can continue to help you build a community with your readers on Twitter.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
If anybody wondered what will happen if you send sanctioned goods from Germany to Russia (like Flipper Zero, which they consider superior tech) - shipment will be seized and destroyed without compensation, according to the Flipper Zero manufacturer

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I just saw he’s auctioning all the coffee machines and crap from the office

I wonder why he didn’t try and sell revue

That would seem like a better outcome for him and all it’s users

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I actually think newsletters is a good fit for Twitter. Creators on Twitter invariably try to get people off the platform onto their email lists.

Owning an longer-form-content platform that synchs with Twitter seems to make sense to me.

Or maybe they're trying to keep those conversations on the Twitter platform itself and will come up with some other way creators can post content for paying subscribers? That would be even smarter than sending people to an email app.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Not shocking to anyone on this forum I'm sure, but an interesting video from Pat today showing his tok tok engagement completely tanked immediately after criticizing China in one of his clips. I'm still suspicious of their numbers in general though.
Screenshot_20221215-084317_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
0c1492a59616be53e76b3714788b03da.png

AI is coming for product photographers next.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Has anyone here planned an event as part of their business? I'm planning a panel in February. Looking for any tips/ tricks if you have done something similar. Aiming for 75 tickets to be sold (all not for profits or NFP adjacent)

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
If you had the choice of $150,000 now or holding an asset with that much equity but at a 2.7% 30 yr interest rate, would you hold it or take the gains right now?

The Fastlaner in me says that holding on to a low interest rate is like choosing pennies over Benjamins.
Is the $150k after taxes and all selling fees?

I don’t understand the dilemma. If you are living in this house do you really have $150,000 free to invest if you have to buy another house with the money?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.