The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hate twitter or not, but here’s the thing…

I just spoke to Grant Cardone on Twitter Spaces about real estate. That’s F*cking awesome that I can talk to the guy just like that. Easy. That alone made Twitter worth it for me. Much love to Elon!

Like Grant, we are still doing deals and think it’s an opportunistic time to do well while buying good real estate.
I think Twitter's the best platform for connecting with big names. They're often on there as themselves.

I recommended Adam Grant's book to someone (without tagging him) and he actually replied with a thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Watching Kevin O'Leary squirm

Slimy worms will worm.

Actually yes,... yes I do have something I would like to post. Mini backstory. Forty-two years old, family blacksheep, not much had gone the way I wanted, but I am not strung out or a degenerate. Just let my emotions(anger) get the better of me for way to long. I read this line a while ago, and it will stay with me until my dieing day! "Anger is an expensive luxury in which only men of certain income can indulge."- George William Curtis. With that said I have a simple plan, I want knowledge more that anything at the moment, now I don't expect ya'll to hand me that knowledge for free and at the moment, I don't have expendable funds. Is there a contract I can sign, that if one was to help, they'd get half of anything and everything I make for the next... I am Forty-two, let's say tenish years. Is that a possibility? This is how serious I am. I am willing to give up everything to learn how the game is played!

Your statement reflects some limiting beliefs that will hurt you from getting started, and moving the needle.

Discipulus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 6, 2022
Boston Ma
Slimy worms will worm.

Your statement reflects some limiting beliefs that will hurt you from getting started, and moving the needle.
Hmmm... Guess I just gotta go out there a sling it, until I find something that sticks and eventually stacks.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Employees are nothing but trouble for business owners. They constantly demand higher wages, better working conditions, and more benefits, and they always seem to be complaining about something. Not only that, but they are also incredibly lazy and unproductive, and they are always looking for ways to avoid doing actual work. In fact, it would be much better if business owners could just get rid of employees altogether and do everything themselves. After all, it's not like employees contribute anything valuable to a business anyway. They are just a drain on resources and a constant source of frustration. So let's all agree to just avoid employees altogether and save ourselves the headache.

Discuss…

1670705459946.png

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I 100% thought (and still think) the anti-worker paragraph was AI-generated... it was, right? It had the perfect AI cadence.
Nailed it. I was messing around with ChatGPT asking to write anti worker stuff and that’s what it did.

The tool is amazing but also recognizable! Few if any people speak like that.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Nailed it. I was messing around with ChatGPT asking to write anti worker stuff and that’s what it did.

The tool is amazing but also recognizable! Few if any people speak like that.

yeah that paragraph failed the turing test bigly

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
yeah that paragraph failed the turing test bigly

Yup.

Look, the truth is that AI today is barely big data pattern recognition algorithms. It knows that based on patterns if you bought diapers, you will likely buy baby food but it will not know why. Why is where intelligence is. Yet we call it AI, with no "I" part at the moment. The minute that changes, it's iRobot movie / Matrix all the way!

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
It’s already confidently giving people the wrong answers

What happens when google is full of a whole bunch of ai generated rubbish

And then it relearns or whatever it does by reading through all that ai generated rubbish, it will only get worse

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

And then it relearns or whatever it does by reading through all that ai generated rubbish, it will only get worse

The internet is already mostly wrong. Lol

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Then you'll get same quality output as CNN or Fox news :)

Couldn't resist haha.

No, I don't think it's that bad. Google will run anti-AI algorithms to rank stuff written by AI down as much as feasible. From my own experience (I pay way too much for Jasper.ai) the tool is only useful for a few things:
1. Break writers block. Just get me started on a few sentences and it saves me time.
2. Rephrasing something. I sometimes need another way of saying the same thing. It help a lot. But I'd never dream of relying on correct answer by Jasper.
3. Writing something that's typical, like a "thank you" note or email. It's not about accuracy of info, it's just better flow of info.
4. Jasper uses Grammarly, sometimes I throw my own text there to get grammar fixes.

What I am saying is that the usefulness of this is going to be like Wikipedia - might be right, but might be wrong too. It is not replacing me or my writing anytime soon ;)

The internet is already mostly wrong. Lol

:)

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Oct 16, 2022

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Oct 16, 2022
I am not a fan of things that go against good odds of success.

For every example there, how many failed? How many people because millionaires with employees?

Asymmetric risk / reward is a better focus. Don’t waste time on these things, folks.
100% disagree.

If you don't learn from people that succeed, who do you learn from?

Losers?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
100% disagree.

If you don't learn from people that succeed, who do you learn from?

Losers?

In the book Mistakes Were Made, But Not by Me, Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson discuss a “benevolent dolphin” problem. Every now and then there is a story about a shipwreck and a person being pushed toward the shore by a dolphin which saves their life.

The authors explain: “It is tempting to conclude that dolphins must really like human beings, enough to save us from drowning. But wait — are dolphins aware that humans don’t swim as well as they do? Are they actually intending to be helpful?

“To answer that question, we would need to know how many shipwrecked sailors have been gently nudged further out to sea by dolphins, there to drown and never be heard from again. We don’t know about those cases because the swimmers don’t live to tell us about their evil-dolphin experiences.

“If we had that information, we might conclude that dolphins are neither benevolent nor evil; they are just being playful.”

Same with obsessing about few who made it and ignoring the cemetery full of those who didn’t. Learn from those who consistently win, where the odds of winning are in your side.

And yes, learn from losers what not to do! If there are 9,999 losers for every winner and you only “learn” from winners, you aren’t likely to do well.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Oct 16, 2022
In the book Mistakes Were Made, But Not by Me, Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson discuss a “benevolent dolphin” problem. Every now and then there is a story about a shipwreck and a person being pushed toward the shore by a dolphin which saves their life.

The authors explain: “It is tempting to conclude that dolphins must really like human beings, enough to save us from drowning. But wait — are dolphins aware that humans don’t swim as well as they do? Are they actually intending to be helpful?

“To answer that question, we would need to know how many shipwrecked sailors have been gently nudged further out to sea by dolphins, there to drown and never be heard from again. We don’t know about those cases because the swimmers don’t live to tell us about their evil-dolphin experiences.

“If we had that information, we might conclude that dolphins are neither benevolent nor evil; they are just being playful.”

Same with obsessing about few who made it and ignoring the cemetery full of those who didn’t. Learn from those who consistently win, where the odds of winning are in your side.

And yes, learn from losers what not to do! If there are 9,999 losers for every winner and you only “learn” from winners, you aren’t likely to do well.
Yes, this is the survivorship bias that Taleb talks about...

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Yes, this is the survivorship bias that Taleb talks about...
So… where’s your tweeter gurus saying “I’m obsessed about all those who failed solo businesses?”

Still 100% disagree with me? ;)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So… where’s your tweeter gurus saying “I’m obsessed about all those who failed solo businesses?”

Your argument is a bit nonsensical and is faulty comparison logic since you appear to be wanting to cite a fallacy. . .

The parallel is akin to suggesting that the people who succeeded at 1 person business did not fail.

I'm sure they failed. The difference is, they just didn't give up.

You wanting to hear from failed solo-business is kinda like wanting to hear from people who sweated on the treadmill ONCE or TWICE at the gym and resolutely concluded, "SEE! I didn't lose weight!!"

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

First you have to define winning

Building a company with lots of employees sounds like hell to me, not winning

I’d rather make less money and have no employees, but these companies are making a lot of money so maybe that’s not even a limit of no employee companies

Just less chance of success according to you, which Mj addressed above

It’s also based on scarcity mindset

Trying to do something because you perceive the chance of success to be greater, rather than doing what you really want to do

It’s possible to do so why not do it

Why would you want to do something you don’t want to do just because you have a better chance of succeeding than if you did the thing you actually want to do

You have to be careful what goals you set because you will achieve them

Is it winning if you chose to do something you didn’t want to do because it had a better chance at succeeding and you succeeded?

Using this logic we would all just become doctors or programmers because the chance of success is much higher than a business owner

But I’m sure we can all agree that we wouldn’t call that success

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!