The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Is the $150k after taxes and all selling fees?

I don’t understand the dilemma. If you are living in this house do you really have $150,000 free to invest if you have to buy another house with the money?
I said it exactly as the situation is.. It's equity, and honestly it would be life changing whether I get 100k or 180k after taxes and selling fees. I would find another deal to buy, move into, and fix up while I live there, which I know I can do. In fact, there are quite a few on my radar at the moment and I keep missing them. Deals a'plenty in my neck of the woods.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

At least he created value for kids.
I find that quite cool!
I hope thet intelligence didn’t take a face or detail someone sees a copyright hurt.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The more praise a book has, the worse it is.

Particularly if they're written by university professors.

That generally is my experience. Worse, it can be said that some best-selling books promote mental illness as a second order consequence. Won't name names...

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
ChatGPT has been released 2 weeks ago and it's still a prototype, and now everybody gets hysterical and declares search engines dead.

If there's anything that I've learned about technology is that the majority is always wrong in predicting the future.

I'm sure this content generator will see some interesting use cases, but it's not going to replace traditional websites or search engines anytime soon. Just like newer things failed to kill email, a 50 year old technology.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I said it exactly as the situation is.. It's equity, and honestly it would be life changing whether I get 100k or 180k after taxes and selling fees. I would find another deal to buy, move into, and fix up while I live there, which I know I can do. In fact, there are quite a few on my radar at the moment and I keep missing them. Deals a'plenty in my neck of the woods.
I actually read your post wrong. I thought you were getting 2.7% interest on your $150K, but now I realize that is the interest rate your paying on your home.

is there anyway you can get into another one of these fixer upper homes without selling your current house?

I would sell and move into a fixer if I thought I could grow the equity faster than by simply living in my current house.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
probably the most intense story you'll read all year

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I actually read your post wrong. I thought you were getting 2.7% interest on your $150K, but now I realize that is the interest rate your paying on your home.

is there anyway you can get into another one of these fixer upper homes without selling your current house?

I would sell and move into a fixer if I thought I could grow the equity faster than by simply living in my current house.
Oh, yeah sorry I probably didn't clarify that. Yes.
I think so; I've seen a good number of fixer upper homes on the market in my price range in my area and I'm friends with local realtors. I can probably get the loan to do it as well (before selling this one). This primary exclusion strategy seems like a good stepping stone to the bigger capital gains stuff like @SteveO talks about

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
The Milk Road just sold for 8 figures

A daily crypto newsletter started around a year ago

Insane

Dang. I was hoping it was a old time milk delivery success story.

Edit: I'm not sure why but like 50% of the time I click jump to new posts, it's always a few pages back where I end up

Creative_Name

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 17, 2022
I’m doing an e-commerce thing and I’m trying to get facial problem solvers to people. What would be a decent return policy for both parties that could help ease the burden of choice on the customer who’s looking to “try on some shoes” while keeping me insulated from crooks?

I realize I could just ask ChatGPT or open a new thread, but I want sharpened advice from you guys and I think I wasted my quota on new threads for this month.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Suliman_Sarese_A_young_military_man_who_works_as_a_guard_for_th_947fcd1e-d854-44e4-a0d5-c79e96483d49.png

Yes, AI.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
I’m doing an e-commerce thing and I’m trying to get facial problem solvers to people. What would be a decent return policy for both parties that could help ease the burden of choice on the customer who’s looking to “try on some shoes” while keeping me insulated from crooks?

I realize I could just ask ChatGPT or open a new thread, but I want sharpened advice from you guys and I think I wasted my quota on new threads for this month.

If you send samples first, then 2-3 weeks later ship the product, you can let them cancel if they don’t like the samples.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Tom Cruise is such a legend...

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

For the couch potatoes!

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
I know the fastlane is mostly libertarian but one of the ways to "hack it" is to get a team of people with skills you don't have/ you're not good at.

I rarely hear of positive biz stories by solo founders nowadays. Most of them are one tech guy and one biz guy, or three friends, or a couple, or something like that.

The risk is higher too as you control fewer elements, you can fight, disagree, etc, but if you find the right people, it's definitely worth it.

1 + 1 = 3.

Hanabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jan 22, 2022
Florida
I know the fastlane is mostly libertarian but one of the ways to "hack it" is to get a team of people with skills you don't have/ you're not good at.

I rarely hear of positive biz stories by solo founders nowadays. Most of them are one tech guy and one biz guy, or three friends, or a couple, or something like that.

The risk is higher too as you control fewer elements, you can fight, disagree, etc, but if you find the right people, it's definitely worth it.

1 + 1 = 3.
I agree with you. There's a lot of pitfalls in a business especially in the areas where the founder doesn't have expertise in. Having a cofounder that has expertise in the area in the area you lack is really beneficial. If there is positive business stories of solo founders, they tend to have investors/VC firms filling the "cofounder" role based on my observation.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
The Internet is so toxic when it comes to self-dev or life advice.

I was super naive so I have followed all of them.

In the end, 99% were false, or lacked context.

IMO you have a higher chance of succeeding today by doing THE OPPOSITE of what you read/are told.

One thing I learned this year: no one but you really knows what's good for you.

In my case, I needed to try to know. But that doesn't apply to everyone.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
I don't get the dilemma about Elon running a company through polls? How is that any worse than public shareholders voting to elect Board members?

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I agree with you. There's a lot of pitfalls in a business especially in the areas where the founder doesn't have expertise in. Having a cofounder that has expertise in the area in the area you lack is really beneficial. If there is positive business stories of solo founders, they tend to have investors/VC firms filling the "cofounder" role based on my observation.
Seems like there's literally hundreds of success stories on this forum where people did it without VC or partnering up.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Tom Cruise is such a legend...

No one is doing a better job at keeping practical effects looking so good.
I always laugh when I see the stunt double in the terminator 2 bike jump scene, lol.
Screenshot_20221220-092840_Chrome.jpg

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So an update on my "food choices" journey. I still have not eaten any chips, and anything fried is down to an absolute minimum, no fast food, very little junk. Its been months since I ate chocolate or candies. I cut any "junk kids cereal" from my diet. I used to eat a bowl of it as my dessert junk food from time to time, it's not for the kids!

I swapped out full milk for skim milk, I keep the full for my kids. I don't add honey to my 0% Greek yogurt anymore, just straight yogurt, chia seeds and fruit every morning. I try to avoid as much added sugar as possible, and I make my own homemade peanut butter granola.

I eat at the same frequency, just those few small changes. My cravings for sugar and sweets have literally gone to 0 which is really cool. I can be super hungry and walking through a grocery store and won't even crave junk or add it to my cart. My desire for eating or buying that stuff is the same as my desire to smoke crack with breakfast.

My exercise regime is the same. In the winter I sadly get 0 cardio, but I'm doing weights 4-5 times a week. So it's about the same as before I changed my diet...

The results? I'm down even more weight! My weight is currently the lowest I ever remember it being since I've been an adult, ever. The last time I was this light I was probably fresh out of highschool and super thin. I honestly don't know how I am this light now as I have a significant amount more muscle than I've ever had before. Just from changing my diet. It's mental. I might have to add an extra meal somewhere as I don't want to lose any more!!

If I do keep this up I'm going to be a rocket on my bike come summer though.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Honestly, his poll today was probably just for the PR as he was planning to hire someone to run Twitter anyway.

Gotcha.
Still don't get why people are making so much noise pointing to him using polls...

So an update on my "food choices" journey. I still have not eaten any chips, and anything fried is down to an absolute minimum, no fast food, very little junk. Its been months since I ate chocolate or candies. I cut any "junk kids cereal" from my diet. I used to eat a bowl of it as my dessert junk food from time to time, it's not for the kids!

I swapped out full milk for skim milk, I keep the full for my kids. I don't add honey to my 0% Greek yogurt anymore, just straight yogurt, chia seeds and fruit every morning. I try to avoid as much added sugar as possible, and I make my own homemade peanut butter granola.

I eat at the same frequency, just those few small changes. My cravings for sugar and sweets have literally gone to 0 which is really cool. I can be super hungry and walking through a grocery store and won't even crave junk or add it to my cart. My desire for eating or buying that stuff is the same as my desire to smoke crack with breakfast.

My exercise regime is the same. In the winter I sadly get 0 cardio, but I'm doing weights 4-5 times a week. So it's about the same as before I changed my diet...

The results? I'm down even more weight! My weight is currently the lowest I ever remember it being since I've been an adult, ever. The last time I was this light I was probably fresh out of highschool and super thin. I honestly don't know how I am this light now as I have a significant amount more muscle than I've ever had before. Just from changing my diet. It's mental. I might have to add an extra meal somewhere as I don't want to lose any more!!

If I do keep this up I'm going to be a rocket on my bike come summer though.

Wow. It is crazy, and happy for you! It goes to show that the way we eat is the key for weight loss. Healthy eating habits for weight, cardio for longevity, mobility and strength training for fitness.

When did you start your journey? And do you eat bread, rice, pasta and things like that?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Gotcha.
Still don't get why people are making so much noise pointing to him using polls...

Wow. It is crazy, and happy for you! It goes to show that the way we eat is the key for weight loss. Healthy eating habits for weight, cardio for longevity, mobility and strength training for fitness.

When did you start your journey? And do you eat bread, rice, pasta and things like that?
I make homemade spaghetti sauce with ground beef and lots of noodles every now and then, tons of pasta in that. Lots of rice and beans as complements to meals, and most days a slice of toast with butter and peanut butter with my eggs. So it isn't at all like I am avoiding carbs.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Am I incredibly slow, or is there really no way to hit "reply" to a thread on here without the quote of a past post popping up and you then having to delete it if that's not necessary?

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Am I incredibly slow, or is there really no way to hit "reply" to a thread on here without the quote of a past post popping up and you then having to delete it if that's not necessary?
You can scroll down to below the last post and type in there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.