• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

RANT Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by MJ DeMarco, Oct 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. million$$$smile

million$$$smile Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $58,019
    I just don't get it.

Ordered something on wish.com that cost $2.

Shipping costs were an additional 2 bucks.

How the heck can they ship thousands of items from China when it costs me $3.50 to ship a similar item within the US of A. I just can't believe that these companies are taking a loss on shipping that many products.
    What am I missing here? These businesses are not the size of amazon so there is no way they have negotiated those kind of rates.
    How do they sell something for $1, shipping $2 and make anything on it??

SMH, Daniel A, GSF and 1 other person like this.
  2. GSF

GSF Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,751
    Epacket delivery I think

."Shipping is cheap thanks in part to an agreement between China Post and the U.S. Postal Service that allows goods that weigh 4.4 pounds or less to be shipped at low rates. About 15% of Wish’s shipments qualify. It can now be cheaper to ship a package from Beijing to New York than from South Carolina to New York. That’s important because many Chinese merchants can’t afford to use big shipping companies like FedEx or DHL or store their goods in out-of-the-way warehouses as they might with Amazon, says Zhang, who’s based in Shanghai."

Meet The Billionaire Who Defied Amazon And Built Wish, The World’s Most-Downloaded E-Commerce App

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    MJ DeMarco, SMH, Kid and 3 others like this.
  3. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,358
    Really humbled today...

I went to see my Corporate Finance lecturer for some help on some questions before a small class test.

He took time out of his schedule to do so, even though it wasn't during consultation hours.

Then I realised I forgot when and where the upcoming quiz would be, and asked him again for it.

He chuckled and sent a reminder on the Moodle (online platform that connects everyone) for that.

'Wouldn't an email notification do?'
    I asked.

He shook his head.

The kids won't read the emails, he said.

He proceeded to talk about how his generation just never got as distracted as the present generation, what with the Internet and iPhones.

Here's what my lecturer had to go through:

- came from a poor family

- walked into Form 5 scared for his life because his dad said that if he flunked SPM (something like the SAT exams), it was the last straw, and he'd have to go work a manual job

-passed thankfully and went to Form 6

- got a degree at UKM (the national university) and went for Masters or PHD by scholarship

- did all of these with no Internet, 100% reliance on lectures by whiteboard. Scored a 3.8 CGPA by the time he did MBA

- but the company giving him the scholarship went bankrupt, so after graduation, he had no job

-so he opened a curry factory that did well after a few years

-his mum scolded him for not using his education to do 'something better'

-so he went and continued his studies while working, teaching tuition classes

-grabbed a teaching job at a local uni after spotting a job placement

- He started with a monthly pay of RM1000! Minimum wage, at ungodly hours!

Poor guy had to teach all day, plus night classes for working students.

- He eventually moved universities, and worked his way up. And now has been teaching finance for 30 years...

A lot of hustle, courage and effort, although he chose to follow his mum's desire for him to remain in academia.

Really respect that!

I didn't expect a lecturer to have such a life story to tell. I guess I still have a bad bias towards academia being SCRIPTED...

Actually glad my belief was proven wrong.

If I didn't aim to do a Fastlane, I would have tried my best to work alongside such professors in academia...

Andy Black, Rabby and ApparentHorizon like this.
  4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $395,172
  5. Rabby

Rabby Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,698
    This is a concept in some Asian countries. I believe there was a place in Bangkok where individuals or couples could go to throw boxes, break dishes, etc. All the catharsis, none of the neighbors calling the police ;)

6. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,547
    Next gold rush, like trampoline parks.

We've got one in my town, it's fun!

We had company christmas party there and brought in some of our junk product to destroy with sledgehammers, crowbars, refrigerator doors... etc.

7. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,977
    Olympic Cyclist Kelly Catlin Seemed Destined for Glory. Then She Killed Herself.

This is a sad tragedy.

Reminds me of the character Brian in The Breakfast Club where he explains that he tried to kill himself because he left too much pressure from his parents to be the perfect straight A student.

I understand that as Entrepreneuers we all have ambitions in life and we're about that 10x hustle culture but we shouldn't let it consume ourselves to the point where we take our own lives.

Always take care of yourselves.

If you see any other people have signs, not just family and friens but anybody please get them help.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Call 1-800-273-8255
    Available 24 hours everyday

B. Cole, SMH, Andy Black and 6 others like this.
  8. MHP368

MHP368 the man, the myth, the Pseudo-Apollodorus Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,040
  9. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,547
    B. Cole likes this.
  10. LinorCG

LinorCG Walking the talk Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,813
    I guess that's why Costco got into it too!

upload_2019-4-10_17-36-28.png

amp0193 likes this.
  11. Zcott

Zcott Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,018
    OMG... I think I have my fastlane idea. :bulb:

12. BlackMagician

BlackMagician Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,314
    And MJ is on: CNBC! :smuggy:
    [​IMG]

Roz, ZF Lee, scottmsul and 3 others like this.
  13. MTF

MTF Never give up Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $80,268
    Andy Black, ZF Lee, scottmsul and 3 others like this.
  14. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $395,172
    Admin Post
    Article is nearly two years old, was picked up on Yahoo Finance some time later. I commented on this in Unscripted.

ZF Lee and scottmsul like this.
  15. Andy Daniels

Andy Daniels Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,492
    For me, one of the hardest parts of this journey is not having someone to talk about this with.

Nobody understands my Fastlane mindset. This is the “desert of desertion” MJ talks about.

It’s making me stronger. More resilient. It just sucks sometimes haha

B. Cole, TheCj, Daniel A and 2 others like this.
  16. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $48,547
    I just went through my "2nd desert".

You know what really helped?

I reached out to a competitor after hearing him do a podcast interview. (Same niche, but different market segment). We hit it off, and now he is the one person in the world that understands EVERYTHING that I have dealt with in the last 3 years. Because his last 3 years has been virtually identical.

Maybe you could do something similar. Find someone's who's been in your shoes. Or IS in your shoes. They're out there.

B. Cole, Longinus, TheCj and 7 others like this.
  17. Kid

Kid Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,340
    Learn to use log.

18. theresgot2bemore

theresgot2bemore Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $15
    x

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 4:22 AM
  19. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $48,547

Why?

SMH and Andy Black like this.
  20. Bhanu

Bhanu Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,270
    Random thought :
    Become an 'action' thinker rather than a 'worry' thinker .
    - Fell ill ?? start thinking and taking action on how to get well instead of worrying about how bad you feel or what will happen now.
    - Lost job ?? start thinking and taking on how to get new job or start a profitable business instead of worrying about what will happen to you ,your family,your social standing.
    - Cheated by gf/bf ?? Start thinking and taking action on how to keep anger in check and finding new person instead of feeling guilty/bad about cheating and how you feel.
    - Making losses in business ?? start thinking and taking action on how to fix the issue ,it can be product, marketing,number of customer etc. instead of worrying about what will happen or how hard you have worked and still failing .
    Worrying about future/repenting about past never changes anything ,Action always does .
    In some scenario it may not be possible to take action immediately but try to get into 'Action' thinking mindset as soon as you can .

21. Kid

Kid Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,340
    They always advertise "Get a Loan" and never "Get into debt!"

ZF Lee likes this.
  22. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $395,172
    Admin Post
    FYI: Today is April 15th which means self-employed entrepreneurs need to pay estimated taxes and file extensions. Don't forget! The IRS charges interest rates and late fees on par with Tiny the bookie from Newark NJ.

ZF Lee likes this.
  23. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $13,638
    Here's my rant for the day. I filed my 2018 taxes forever ago. Filed my sales tax for the state on my business over the weekend. I have the same train of thought every time I have to do this sh!t: If you motherfuhrers are going to steal my money, you could at least have the decency to not make me do the legwork for you. Why do I have to do all the damn work?

Imagine a car thief that, instead of breaking in in the middle of cold wintery night, wakes your a$$ up and says, "I'm gonna need you to wake up, get dressed and open the car door for me. Oh, and if you could go ahead and warm it up. My bum gets cold easily. I'll be in the kitchen having your wife make cup of coffee. Just let me know when the car is warm, and I'll take it off your hands."

B. Cole, Kid, SMH and 1 other person like this.
  24. 404profound

404profound Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,414
    Been in the Desert of Desertion since mid October. I wonder if I'm approaching a time record of some sort. Either what I'm building is abnormally complex, or I just suck at being efficient, or both ¯\(©¿©) /¯

BlackMagician and ZF Lee like this.
  25. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $17,756
    LinorCG, Daniel A and SMH like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.