The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick 15$ for the best idea!

Idea threads

Andre19S

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 28, 2019
Hello!
I am going to be starting a business in the next 2 or 3 months and to be honest, an unique business idea is quite hard to find. I am going to be studying the basics of starting and managing a business, so I think that I will have the resources to innovate. I would also like to mention that the studying process is almost completely practical, as in we, the students, get in groups and create startups that will have mentors and so on. Enough of that for now. I am offering 15$ for the best idea I get. Now you're thinking that 15 dollars for an innovative or an unique idea must be a joke, but in my opinion an business idea that is 'collecting dust' is by far the worst thing to keep secret.
So, PM me your idea, if you have one 'collecting dust' on your 'shelf' and we'll see if it is worth 15 dollars.

Also, what do you think of an 19 year old entrepreneur that is looking to innovate?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Hello!
I am going to be starting a business in the next 2 or 3 months and to be honest, an unique business idea is quite hard to find. I am going to be studying the basics of starting and managing a business, so I think that I will have the resources to innovate. I would also like to mention that the studying process is almost completely practical, as in we, the students, get in groups and create startups that will have mentors and so on. Enough of that for now. I am offering 15$ for the best idea I get. Now you're thinking that 15 dollars for an innovative or an unique idea must be a joke, but in my opinion an business idea that is 'collecting dust' is by far the worst thing to keep secret.
So, PM me your idea, if you have one 'collecting dust' on your 'shelf' and we'll see if it is worth 15 dollars.

Also, what do you think of an 19 year old entrepreneur that is looking to innovate?

Thanks!
I think INSIDERS have some sort of idea repository that you can take an idea, or buy one (not sure), and just start working on it.

Give your $15 to Viperion and get after it, bro. Good luck!

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Hello!

Thanks!
Use your money on an INSIDERS subscription and take any idea from the "Ideas in need of execution" thread.

nyc217

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 7, 2017
New York, NY
  • Sourcing Moscow Mule Mugs on Alibaba and selling on Amazon
  • Social Media Marketing Agency
:)

Quick tip: The forum members tend to get perturbed when they hear something like this. Besides, previous answers are on to something.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
How about a Guru E-book! You seam like you have it figured out.

2nd.

Here is the only thread you'll need.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
$15!!! Hell yeah, I'm all over it. How about this one.... it could be a billion dollar idea..... high heeled horse shoes! Maybe even make some with gold fish in them or glitter all over them. Them cowgirls will go for that! How about it? Oh wait.... this is going to be a $30 post.... put some of those led lights in horse shoes so when they walk, the lights come on! See, it ain't hard to think of these. I thought of 2 billion dollar ideas in 27 seconds.

broswoodwork

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
The problem is that they don't allow 1 month subscriptions. So it's not 15$, it's over 50$. A strange system.
No problem! Just grab 3.33 ideas from the ideas in need of execution to even it out.

Honestly, welcome to the river of gold, bro. If you haven't read MJ's books, that'll be your best investment. Next, peruse the GOLD threads out here.

Ideas are a dime/dozen. You need to just start solving problems for people in a repeatable way.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
The problem is that they don't allow 1 month subscriptions. So it's not 15$, it's over 50$. A strange system.
It is telling how many of these saas/info products start with an annual subscription then go down to monthly.

You would actually be paying more than $50 ,because they usally want you to spend an amount to purchase them and give you a cut of what you make.

You can get loads of ideas given away for free just by googling startup ideas. Or check out the thread here on rating the business.

What is wrong with those free publicly availble ideas?

broswoodwork

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
How do you get 0.33 of an idea? The hardest part is probably finding the people with the problem...
The world is a very imperfect place according to everybody. Find enough of everybody with the same problem and start making the world better for them, even if you have to do it for free at first. :)

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
The world is a very imperfect place according to everybody. Find enough of everybody with the same problem and start making the world better for them, even if you have to do it for free at first. :)
I'm unable to find enough of the people with the same problem even for free.

broswoodwork

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I'm unable to find enough of the people with the same problem even for free.
I think a lot of the problems you go looking to solve are b2b high level problems. Entrepreneurs and busy small business people are very hard nosed and impatient with pitches. Your value proposition has to kick them right in the dick, with "YES! THIS SAVES ME TIME AND MONEY, AND THIS KID CAN DELIVER" if you want to put numbers on the board.

Why don't you start with a more forgiving population to get your feet wet solving problems?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Andre19S let me reword your OP for how it comes across:

me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, and me with some more me

try giving.

post all of the 'bad' ideas you have come up with. maybe they will help someone. show the work you have done instead of asking for someone to do it for you. chop chop!

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
I think a lot of the problems you go looking to solve are b2b high level problems. Entrepreneurs and busy small business people are very hard nosed and impatient with pitches. Your value proposition has to kick them right in the dick, with "YES! THIS SAVES ME TIME AND MONEY, AND THIS KID CAN DELIVER" if you want to put numbers on the board.

Why don't you start with a more forgiving population to get your feet wet solving problems?

This is the only population,actually answering my questions. Unless they actually tell me what they spend too much time and money on how can I solve it for them?

I'm quite happy too niche down to a more low level problem,but people need to tell me how much time/money they spend on data entry for software x.

Everyone else just wants more revenue and if I could reliably deliver that why would I be here?

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
Here's my idea.

Create a website for lazy people people. Hear me out. Your target market is people who want others to think of ideas for them, while at the same time telling them their ideas are worthless. These people typically have disposable income because they're living at home with their parents.

broswoodwork

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Everyone else just wants more revenue and if I could reliably deliver that why would I be here?
Check the dude above you. I'm quite confident he doesn't have many questions about how to drive revenue, but here he is, helping change people's mindsets with a surgical sledge hammer.

This is like Plato's Academy for the new world order. :)

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Andre19S so take the challenge. rewrite your OP to appeal to the customer base. put together good copy and a compelling offer. will be good experience for going forward.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Here's my idea.

Create a website for lazy people people. Hear me out. Your target market is people who want others to think of ideas for them, while at the same time telling them their ideas are worthless. These people typically have disposable income because they're living at home with their parents.

OK,I can build the website,although they already exisit. How do I reach thw target market?

If they had disposable income why would they be living with their parents, instead of saving it up for their own place?

I must find out my flash drive with all my ideas on it from my old machine.

Somebody else actually executed well on one (I had publically posted) to a few million, I'm sure it was a coincidence though.

None of that ever came back,to me.

Last edited:

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
build an website where people can ask for business ideas and they pay you 15usd!

Can i get now my 15bucks?

broswoodwork

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
OK,I can build the website,although they already exisit. How do I reach thw target market?

If they had disposable income why would they be living with their parents, instead of saving it up for their own place?
He was joking, Wolfie. :)

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Not when you consider that the Inside is more valuable when the quality of people there is high and the number of people remains relatively low.

People post the intricate details of the businesses they are working on in that section and share details that they don't want the general public to see. The general public includes free subscribers to this forum.

It takes a certain kind of person to whip out a credit card and drop $50 on the CHANCE for good information. Not to generalize, but the quality of those kinds of people tend to be high. They also tend to be few.

So I'd say the system isn't strange - it's working as intended.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
and to be honest, an unique business idea is quite hard to find.

Once you get into this world you'll realize that ideas are the easy part, it's the implementing them that's the hard part.

Most serious entrepreneurs have a a million ideas sitting around collecting dust.

Here's one for you - high quality children's toys.

As a father I get irrationally angry when my kid's toys break the MOMENT they try to play with them the first time. It's all cheap Chinese plastic garbage. What's worse is that most of the cheap Chinese crap would be perfectly fine if the most obvious point of failure used a slightly different material.

Example: Amazon.com: Terrasect Remote Control Transforming Vehicle, Green, 2.4 Ghz, 13.8": Toys & Games

This toy kicks a$$. It really does. My son was laughing his damn head off at it. It rolled amazing, righted itself properly, you could do funny little jigs with it in improvisational ways. It's damn fun.

Now look at the reviews - notice how there's a ton saying the little single wheel breaks off almost immeidately? Yeah, exactly what happened to my son within 15 minutes of playing with it. At the time, this toy was about $30-50 if I recall. It lasted 15 minutes.

Change that plastic wheel bit to a metal column and I bet this thing would die from lack of interest before anything else on it broke. Single point of failure. Ruined toy.

That 10 cent part is the difference between a perfect 5 star toy and this 3.5 star disappointment.

Start a business that takes shitty toys, fixes the points of failure, and releases them fresh again.

There, let me know when you can send me my $15.

(I don't actually want your money)

Ideas are easy. If you can't figure out ideas - how do you expect to do the hard part of actually implementing one?

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
As a father I get irrationally angry when my kid's toys break the MOMENT they try to play with them the first time. It's all cheap Chinese plastic garbage. What's worse is that most of the cheap Chinese crap would be perfectly fine if the most obvious point of failure used a slightly different material.

Example: Amazon.com: Terrasect Remote Control Transforming Vehicle, Green, 2.4 Ghz, 13.8": Toys & Games

This toy kicks a$$. It really does. My son was laughing his damn head off at it. It rolled amazing, righted itself properly, you could do funny little jigs with it in improvisational ways. It's damn fun.

Now look at the reviews - notice how there's a ton saying the little single wheel breaks off almost immeidately? Yeah, exactly what happened to my son within 15 minutes of playing with it. At the time, this toy was about $30-50 if I recall. It lasted 15 minutes.

Change that plastic wheel bit to a metal column and I bet this thing would die from lack of interest before anything else on it broke. Single point of failure. Ruined toy.

That 10 cent part is the difference between a perfect 5 star toy and this 3.5 star disappointment.

Start a business that takes shitty toys, fixes the points of failure, and releases them fresh again.

How much extra are you willing to pay for the more robust metal version?

BY the way OP, right on the front page, HOT TOPIC - The "Half Baked" Ideas Thread pick one and send your $15

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
How much extra are you willing to pay for the more robust metal version?

I'd personally pay quite a bit for good toys that didn't break.

For me, that question might as well be "what price would you pay to prevent your children from asking why Santa sends them bad toys that makes them cry?".

That's not hypothetical. I've had my children ask this to me exact thing on Christmas effing morning.

Personally I suspect there's a growing market of frustrated parents like me who WILL pay a premium for toys from a trusted brand. But realistically, that's the "doing it" part where you look into the viability of the idea.

Regardless - this was just a random example off the top of my head based on a recurring frustration I have. Anytime something annoys you more than once, you should probably take note and consider it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.