The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Net-worth up 7% this month – Take Massive Action, it feels great!

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
Hey everyone,

I'm 20 and this forum is changing my life... :)

I don't want this to be a thread that is like I accomplished anything or something like that, I don't want to celebrate...I guess I'm just proud that I am executing and it's exciting. By no reason do I think I'm doing really well, I just feel I am doing better than ever before and wanted to share.

Threads that are inspiring this thread:
@Get Right –"Today is my 1 year..."
@Envision "Its been one year of FLF for me..."

My net-worth has gone up 7% this month. I have worked with tons of new clients and I feel great!

Take action.
I want to talk about why I'm saying take action (and not just MJ and every-other forum member, haha). I slowly have been cutting down the decisions I make in my business to do only the things that get me more sales. @eekern has been super helpful, shout out. Ever so slowly I am bringing in more money and I am locking in better deals. Why is this happening? – because I'm pitching more. I have pitched hundreds of people in last month or two. Some people apply for 4 jobs or they send out 20 emails... I am literary pitching hundreds of people and it's working. Massive action is getting me good results, but they are not great.

Why are my results good, but not great?
Very simple problem, I just need to charge more. I'm already charging a good amount, but it's nothing like what other people in my industry charge.

Are my results sustainable? No... but I'm slowly learning more and more about how the inside of Fastlane businesses by doing the jobs I'm doing.

Will I switch to a Fastlane business soon? Probably not soon, but I'm working on a few Fastlane side projects. I am beginning to really look at diversifying my income.

I'm so excited. I feel that every month I'm on this forum I learn so much and I get so much better at taking real action (action that earns me real results)!

Is what I'm doing Fastlane?
No, no it's not... That being said I like it and I see how I could turn it into a Fastlane business.

Some tips on what I have found works
  • Go Bigger – Whatever number you think of when you think of something, 10x it. If I want to pitch 10 clients, I'll pitch 100. Gary V talks about outworking the competitors... do it.
  • Have more sources of income – This may be counter intuitive to people with clients to focus on, but here's the deal, I love having 3 clients, but I love having 6 clients even more. The more streams of income you can have the better. Of course do good work, but you should always be looking for more clients. Never settle just for the ones you have because at some point they will not be your client anymore and you will need to find new clients.
  • Read those two threads I put up top (they are awesome threads)

The biggest thing I wanted to share is something pretty simple...

What I'm finding is people complain they don't have enough time, they complain about lots of things and they pretend to be entrepreneurs by reading things online.

The only way I have found to change my income, my relationships, and my overall life is to take action. Literally, go install Rescue Time on your computer, you will see how many hours you are respectively wasting on Facebook and Twitter and other stuff. If you take calculated action, you will see results. Even with 1 hour a day.

Thanks @MJ DeMarco
Thanks @eekern
Thanks @Fox (still awaiting on a reply to that message I sent you :p )

7% up in July, not August BTW

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Hey. Thanks for this thread. It's very motivating for me. :)
I Just installed RescueTime. Let's figure out how I can cut my wasteble time. :D
Those Threads you notice are very good to me as well!
Keep up the good work. By the way, you made me curious. What is it that you're doing? You're working for yourself, not for a boss right? So that might be still fastlane altough it's not passive (yet).
Good luck, may be your next month even better!

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
Keep up the good work. By the way, you made me curious. What is it that you're doing? You're working for yourself, not for a boss right? So that might be still fastlane altough it's not passive (yet).
Good luck, may be your next month even better!

I'm my own boss. Doing a lot of online gigs. Mostly selling my web related skills.

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
Next time I hustle the way I'm hustling now I want to make more money.

I need to work on:
  • Following up with potential clients (I usually follow up 1 or 2 times... I should follow up more then that or add a free service)
  • Pitching more (always pitch more)
  • Raising Rates (enough said)
  • Pitching Everyday (I usually pitch a few times a week sprints)
  • Using more networks to find clients (currently I use 2)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thanks @Fox (still awaiting on a reply to that message I sent you :p )

Congratulations on taking massive action. 7% progress every month will compound very fast.

If I remembered correctly you asked me about my progress thread which is coming really soon. I will let you know when its up.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Congrats man ! Keep that work up . I'll be waiting to see more from you

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
Don't sell yourself short on not being "fastlane"... You are taking action and changing your mindset and life. That in and of itself is Fastlane. People don't wake up one day and be in the fastlane, it's a process like everything else.

Look at it like this... you are building a book of business right now. Once it is big enough and you can hire people to do that work for you, you WILL be fastlane.

Adding one product on Amazon and shipping and fulfilling it yourself is not fastlane. Yet, that's how many of the most successful people on the forum started.

Keep chugging along!

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
Thanks for all the replies everyone. The reason my voice in the post isn't very excited at times is because I know I have a long way to go to be making the type of money I want to make and build the type of businesses I want. This is hopefully only the beginning. Each time I build a business or do Freelancing I get better.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Some people working jobs take 7 years to increase their net worth 7% ... you need to celebrate: You're working in the RIGHT system and experiencing results, as opposed to working the WRONG system and experience frustration.

(And yes, some people are perfectly happy working in the WRONG system ... lets let them be.)

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Four years ago, my friend's wife said this to me after I got a new job and they threw a going away party for me. It has stuck with me ever since, "you should celebrate your successes because it gives ambition to your dreams."

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Don't sell yourself short on not being "fastlane"... You are taking action and changing your mindset and life. That in and of itself is Fastlane. People don't wake up one day and be in the fastlane, it's a process like everything else.

Look at it like this... you are building a book of business right now. Once it is big enough and you can hire people to do that work for you, you WILL be fastlane.

Adding one product on Amazon and shipping and fulfilling it yourself is not fastlane. Yet, that's how many of the most successful people on the forum started.

Keep chugging along!
^^^ This. Read @Fox 's signature.

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
Some people working jobs take 7 years to increase their net worth 7% ... you need to celebrate: You're working in the RIGHT system and experiencing results, as opposed to working the WRONG system and experience frustration.

(And yes, some people are perfectly happy working in the WRONG system ... lets let them be.)

Agree with Demarco here, even do it is not a "fastlane" model on paper, it is the right system for following reasons:

- You alone can affect the results
- You improve the system
- You can automate the system (outsourcing or PPC)

And the best part, you get feedback from the market that maybe show you a fastlane frustration ;)

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
Agree with Demarco here, even do it is not a "fastlane" model on paper, it is the right system for following reasons:

- You alone can affect the results
- You improve the system
- You can automate the system (outsourcing or PPC)

And the best part, you get feedback from the market that maybe show you a fastlane frustration ;)

– I alone can affect the results Check
– I can charge more and improve the system Check
– I can automate the sales/prospecting/deliverables Check

Your so right! My income is decently scalable and fully controllable right now. If I want to earn more money then I just need to pitch more...
So, it's time to pitch more! :)

I'm going to create a goals thread again real soon. Keep watch everyone :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Another thread marked NOTABLE -- love these threads will the light-bulb goes on! (Because once it goes ON, it stays ON!)

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
Thanks for all the support everyone. Every like and comment on this thread truly means a lot. I have been working so hard. I had headaches for weeks straights while pitching so many times. I was nervous that all my work would result in nothing, but it is apparent it brought me pretty good results. @MJ DeMarco thanks for the notable mark

I really think this is only the beginning, I can see it, I really can see having the option to never work for anyone (if I want). I can see being financial independent right out of college! It's so close. I'm so close to that type of income. Just a few hundred more pitches a month ;)

MotiveInMotion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 14, 2016
Independent
This is extremely relevant and timely for my stage in life.

Congratulations to the OP for the breakthrough on massive action. When I read the 10x Rule by Grant Cardone, a lightbulb went on for me. When you set the goal WAY higher, you'll still be happy with whatever you get, even if it's below it. And you have plenty of time and push to get to that original goal, also by setting a 10x target for that.

I am thankful for the timing of this thread. It's hard for me to celebrate my successes at times, because I know that compared to where I'm going, I think it's nothing. However, it's NOT nothing, and every step you take toward your goal is absolutely necessary. And especially compared to most of our demographic dude, most people under 25 are not doing much yet, so seriously don't go so hard on yourself. We're ahead of the curve, thanks to great literature like TMF .

Congratulations.

- Evan

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
I'm still on track to make good money this month, but I'm letting go of smaller clients which means losing a good amount of income.
Letting go of smaller clients will free up time to say yes when I find bigger clients.

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
I am slowing down working, but I will earn more than last month just because I'm asking for more from new clients.

Decided I don't want to ever work with more than probably 6 or so clients at a time. It is too much for me to think about.

I would rather do great work for a few people.

I am going to make working with me more exclusive for my next batch of clients.

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
My net worth is up 5% and we are only 16 days into the month. Also, I'm locking in bigger deals!

Closed a deal with a multinational company today (low introductory deal to get foot into door)

The biggest problem I'm having is that I'm too busy!

I have too many opportunities and it is hard to know what to say 'yes' to. I am swamped with new prospective clients.

I need to charge more and work with less people... problem is that right now I agreed too much and I'm scrambling to pull everything off!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.