The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My judgment's getting clouded. Need new perspectives.

Anything related to matters of the mind

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
I just posted an intro a few a minutes ago and thought let me post another thread about the dilemma I am facing. I am just confused and need some advice.

Happy Monday Everyone! Hopefully your week has been going on a great start for you!

Alright, lets get started shall we? Since about 6th or 7th grade in Middle School, when I started to get acne at a very early age, my confidence and self esteem diminished incredibly. So I started eating a lot because I didn't care about the way I looked or what I wanted, since what I wanted was always overlooked by my parents. At senior year in High School I finally got my act together and lost A LOT of weight went from a size 36-37 to a 28-29. My confidence, self-esteem and grades drastically improved. But by that time it was too late to really make drastic improvements on my GPA even if my grades were very good. Currently, I've been in Community College for almost 4 years now and I still don't have my associates degree. In the beginning I knew what I wanted to do, but was too afraid to make that choice. I didn't how who I was (started to learn who I was in my first semester of community college the fall of 2011) and just went for Business Administration when I really wanted to do Computer Science or Psychology. But since I was afraid and needed to make the decision quickly I picked Business (regret it so much now, knowing what has happened). So after all the failures and retakes of classes that I failed, I wanted to improve my grades and I have been, but my GPA still isn't good enough for me to transfer over to an University. Since last fall and this spring I changed my major to Psychology and I've been doing much better and my GPA is finally almost to where I want it to be to transfer to an University. But the thing is 4 years of my life are gone and yeah I have learned so much about myself in the process, but I don't see the point of pursuing college any further, especially since now you have the internet. Now, I'm not saying College it isn't helpful IT IS, but I feel it would take too much time for me to really do what I want with it. Beneath all the fluff, what I'm trying to say is my heart just isn't in it anymore. I have too many great ambitions, goals, and dreams I want to achieve in my life and I know that going to college is just getting in the way, not because of end goal but because I didn't listen to my heart and try something different. I really want to learn and educate myself about so many things and I believe Community College is just getting in the way right now.

My mind is overflown of things I want to learn and do and at times my courses are just making me more and more miserable because I can't do anything about it but put what I want to learn on the side because of my courses ( this semester, Biology, Developmental Psychology, and Philosophy of Ethics). Also living with my parents isn't helping, I've been thinking about moving since last year and I may have a great opportunity coming my way. My cousin may end up getting a job in Texas, right now he is working in New Jersey, but he has given a few interviews and he is really eyeing Texas, as the place he wants to move next. If I go with him, I'm not gonna be staying with him for more than a couple months until I get settled and find some decent jobs. He proposed to me if he ends up there, or anywhere, I should come with him. Now, It may have been a half serious half joking proposition, but, I really am taking it into consideration. Whenever I think about it I get very scared but happy at the same time, so it may be just what I need to get the ball rolling again. I feel their are so many things I could be doing right now and I'm just stuck with college. To me the end does not justify the mean. If I pursue the major that I want now after all the failures, Psychology or Computer Science I know I can make it through and use it to make something out of myself, but that would take at least another 7-9 years depending on how much work experience I need and courses I need to take.

I'm asking here to see, if I am overlooking a lot of other angles to my scenario. But one thing is for sure though, I need to make a choice and stick with it because, if I don't I'm not going to get anywhere. I don't want my life filled with "what-ifs" and regrets of "what could've been".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
Alot of the things you need assistance with are personal choices you need to keep your focus on. Outside influence will not change what your gut wants

on location, I can say without a doubt that Texas has an economy that is growing rapidly. It is becoming a mecca for business and people, much like yourself, setting new horizons and chasing their goals. Lots of transplants are doing well for themselves here, and I can assure you the cost of living is much cheaper.

So yea thats my advice, go with your gut, dive in head first, and move to Texas. (people are nicer, food is too good and it will be hard to keep weight off)

rounds on me when you get here.

oh and also. I know lots and lots of folks around here who live dream lives at a relatively young age who do not have degrees.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Your entire situation boils down to choices you make.

Nobody is making you do anything.

If you want different, change the choices you are making. If the world is not functioning according to your model, your model is wrong - not the world.

Stop thinking, start doing. It isn't black and white - you have nothing but options.

Not trying to be mean, that is just the way it is.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Thanks for the oncoming advice guys!

Alot of the things you need assistance with are personal choices you need to keep your focus on. Outside influence will not change what your gut wants

on location, I can say without a doubt that Texas has an economy that is growing rapidly. It is becoming a mecca for business and people, much like yourself, setting new horizons and chasing their goals. Lots of transplants are doing well for themselves here, and I can assure you the cost of living is much cheaper.

So yea thats my advice, go with your gut, dive in head first, and move to Texas. (people are nicer, food is too good and it will be hard to keep weight off)

rounds on me when you get here.

oh and also. I know lots and lots of folks around here who live dream lives at a relatively young age who do not have degrees.

I've been researching Texas and it seems like an awesome state for opportunities and personal growth.

Your entire situation boils down to choices you make.

Nobody is making you do anything.

If you want different, change the choices you are making. If the world is not functioning according to your model, your model is wrong - not the world.

Stop thinking, start doing. It isn't black and white - you have nothing but options.

Not trying to be mean, that is just the way it is.

I completely agree, I have made some piss poor decisions in my life and I am not blaming the world, not at all. I know that it is on me, to make the choices that lead to my triumphant or down fall.

Danny V.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 11, 2014
Miami, Florida
Go buddy boy. Your gut is telling you what to do. If anything, just go to college there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.