The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Freelance Video Editing Progress Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

I AM THE SENATE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 16, 2017
7/19/2018

So I have to start somewhere. I don't have a killer idea to make millions, but what I do have is a need for extra income and a modicum of skill. This is where the fun begins. My 1st goal is to make 10k USD via video editing and production.

By day, I edit televisions commercials in my local market. By nights I make short films, practice photography, write screenplays and watch movies. I'm restricting these hobbies to the weekends for the interim.

So my plan to make 10k involves three sources of revenue. I'm open to focusing on the ones
that will get me there the quickest.

Stream A. Regional video production gigs. I'll have to travel nearly out of state, but I'm more than willing to find gigs within a day’s drive to produce, shoot and edit video. I have my first client, a video editing job for $1200. Yesterday I received a deposit of $400.

Stream B. Upwork. I’m starting from scratch to see what I can earn by providing a video editing service.

Stream C. Online Sales. I want to build a niche market of business owners across the country. I'm want to provide them useful information and affordable social media video content as well as custom videos.

Action Taken :
Stream A.
Regional video production gigs. I'm prepping for my non-profit client. Today I organized and sorted through my footage. I synched all audio and video and picked out good B-roll. They still have two more days of shooting and they are still polishing the script, so it may be a while.

Stream B. Upwork. I setup my Upwork account and started updating my profile. I saved 10 jobs to revisit and pitch. I’m reading through this classic thread and watching the videos. NOTABLE! - SinisterLex's - I Deleted My Upwork Account...

Stream C. Online Sales. I'm did a little research on apps, websites and pricing to see what people are producing and charging for social media video production. I see a lot of video services that are outside of my wheelhouse. . I need to update the style of my videos and build a new portfolio. It may pay to hire freelancers and focus my efforts on marketing and management. I saved a few interesting fivver gigs that might come in handy.

Current Earnings : $400

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

I AM THE SENATE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 16, 2017

7/20/2018

Action Taken :
Stream A.
Regional video production gigs. I landed a new gig today for $200. I start in the morning.

Stream B. Upwork. I uploaded new videos to my youtube channel which I am using as my main portfolio site right now. I admit I didn't touch this as nearly as much as I should have.

Stream C.
Online Sales. I've decided to offer three video services. Motivational Videos. Article to Videos. 60 Second Marketing Videos. I'm producing social media videos. My next step is to build a quick website & portfolio and see if I can get some clients. I have an old website I've re-purpose for this. I threw a new wordpress theme on the site and built a sparse home page. It looks decent on both mobile and desktop and it loads fast.

Current Earnings : $400

Last edited:

I AM THE SENATE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 16, 2017
7/23/2018

Action Taken :
Stream A.
Regional video production gigs. I finished my gig,

Stream B. Upwork. - Submitted my first proposal. I can't say it was my best written proposal but I felt like I needed to start some where.

Stream C.
Online Sales. Action faked and pretended I was doing "research on pricing".

Current Earnings : $600

Review:
It was a slow day. I can do better than this. I really need to focus on getting a demo reel and site put together to help with marketing myself. My next task is to edit a demo reel and update my website while submitting proposals.

I AM THE SENATE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 16, 2017
7/24-28/2018

Action Taken :
Stream A.
Regional video production gigs. Landed quick editing job for $200. Talking to an old client about creating a commercial, ball park $500-700.

Stream B. Upwork. - 5 proposals submitted for the week. No responses.

Stream C. Online Sales. - Researching video marketing and pricing.

Current Earnings : $600

Review & Notes:
The word is getting out about my freelance video work. I've had four prospects approach me this week so I'm perusing the local angle. It's the quick way to get money in the door.

I don't think I've been taking enough time to craft good messages on Upwork. I also need to take some more tests to prove my credibility.

The more I read, the more I think I need to focus on Video Marketing as a service rather than selling videos individually. I'm researching video marketing packages I can sell to clients. I have some experience with running ads on FB/Instgram. But little to no experience with youtube/google ads.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MILIANARD134

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Mar 22, 2018
France
When i was in ecommerce years ago. I used to have a lot of hassle with video ads for my shopify store. Almost tried a saas (i guess it is) named "clipman". But it was really simple and i didn't like it.
Maybe you could productize this ?

I mean, you could craft a video ad for some products and sell it at a recurring fee per month ?

I AM THE SENATE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 16, 2017
When i was in ecommerce years ago. I used to have a lot of hassle with video ads for my shopify store. Almost tried a saas (i guess it is) named "clipman". But it was really simple and i didn't like it.

I mean, you could craft a video ad for some products and sell it at a recurring fee per month ?

That's possible. What was your major hassle with creative video ads? Was it the site interface or just editing in general?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.