The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Video Editing (progress thread)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Krishanp_07

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 10, 2023
Hi this is my progress thread. I’m 15 and I’m starting video editing, just starting to practice editing different pieces of content. I feel like I’ve been a dumbass a whole time, just hopping from one business to another business. I feel like I could’ve succeeded if I actually believed I could succeed in the business I was trying.

I’ve only been able to make money doing stuff like oven cleaning and window cleaning, and I’ve also gotten a couple leads for gutter cleaning and driveway sealing from Nextdoor. But I’m trying to stick to things online now, so I don’t have problems with my parents when going out, so I can just focus on business.

I met up with some faslaners in Toronto yesterday. I was talking with @Beijing , and he made me realize how important video editors are not only to content creators, but also to many businesses in general.

I need to stay consistent, always learning valuable skills, and finding ways to sell different marketable skills. I also want to post more on the forum and record my progress more often.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi this is my progress thread. I’m 15 and I’m starting video editing, just starting to practice editing different pieces of content. I feel like I’ve been a dumbass a whole time, just hopping from one business to another business. I feel like I could’ve succeeded if I actually believed I could succeed in the business I was trying.

I’ve only been able to make money doing stuff like oven cleaning and window cleaning, and I’ve also gotten a couple leads for gutter cleaning and driveway sealing from Nextdoor. But I’m trying to stick to things online now, so I don’t have problems with my parents when going out, so I can just focus on business.

I met up with some faslaners in Toronto yesterday. I was talking with @Beijing , and he made me realize how important video editors are not only to content creators, but also to many businesses in general.

I need to stay consistent, always learning valuable skills, and finding ways to sell different marketable skills. I also want to post more on the forum and record my progress more often.
Good luck. Have you started editing videos yet? Who have you done it for so far?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
@Krishanp_07 study what businesses are doing on YouTube shorts, TikTok, Twitter, etc to use videos to drive traffic.

A few months ago Amazon also started including video ads. There is plenty of money to be made from using videos to drive traffic. E-commerce, professional services, and SaaS companies are the first businesses that come to mind when I think of who could benefit from your services and pay you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Krishanp_07 study what businesses are doing on YouTube shorts, TikTok, Twitter, etc to use videos to drive traffic.

A few months ago Amazon also started including video ads. There is plenty of money to be made from using videos to drive traffic. E-commerce, professional services, and SaaS companies are the first businesses that come to mind when I think of who could benefit from your services and pay you.
I also know carpet cleaners getting leads by posting little videos to Facebook and Instagram.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Krishanp_07

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 10, 2023
Good luck. Have you started editing videos yet? Who have you done it for so far?
I've done video edits for some school projects and also for my tik tok, where I was making tik toks related to side hustles. I've mainly used capcut and played around with filmora a bit, but I'm trying to find another platform where I can make more professional video edits. I'm also starting to build my portfolio on Instagram a bit, but everything's mainly made up, as I'm just trying to look as professional as possible.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.