This is a serious question since I have never been to a business conference or keynote...
Have any of the Fastlaners in here got any value from a keynote or conference through networking?
The reason I ask is that there is an Aubrey Marcus & Gary Vee keynote in Austin, TX tomorrow night (only 2.5 hours long). I live in Dallas, TX so it would be about a 3.5 hour drive one way & I am considering going.
I know people's opinions on Gary Vee can be split, but me personally he has brought me tremendous value that has helped my mindset and how to grow my Amazon FBA business. I am also aware that he probably won't say anything new or life changing that he has not said before ,and the keynote will probably be up on Youtube within a matter of weeks.
With that being said, I am only considering it for the networking opportunities but also realized that attendees may be so focused on the presenters that they are kind of closed off from networking. If anybody was actually planning on going let me know. What has been your guy's experience with conferences and keynote? Is it just another form of action faking?
Shortened version: never been to conference, considering going but not sure if it's worth it for networking potential.
Have any of the Fastlaners in here got any value from a keynote or conference through networking?
The reason I ask is that there is an Aubrey Marcus & Gary Vee keynote in Austin, TX tomorrow night (only 2.5 hours long). I live in Dallas, TX so it would be about a 3.5 hour drive one way & I am considering going.
I know people's opinions on Gary Vee can be split, but me personally he has brought me tremendous value that has helped my mindset and how to grow my Amazon FBA business. I am also aware that he probably won't say anything new or life changing that he has not said before ,and the keynote will probably be up on Youtube within a matter of weeks.
With that being said, I am only considering it for the networking opportunities but also realized that attendees may be so focused on the presenters that they are kind of closed off from networking. If anybody was actually planning on going let me know. What has been your guy's experience with conferences and keynote? Is it just another form of action faking?
Shortened version: never been to conference, considering going but not sure if it's worth it for networking potential.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
