The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Takeaways From Insiders Conference Call

Anything related to matters of the mind

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
Yesterday I listened to the conference call with @MJ DeMarco @Vigilante and @AllenCrawley from May 28th.

I was gonna post my takeaways on the inside thread, but my friend @Andy Black tells me to help people so I thought it best to post on the outside. For all of you who don't have an INSIDERS's subscription and weren't able to listen to the call, I highly suggest you get one.

I was driving home, foolishly unprepared to take notes. I ended up jotting some things down on the back of an old receipt I found in my dashboard.

Remember: these takeaways were jotted down while driving. There's a lot I missed.
  • EAT WHAT YOU KILL - if theres any ONE thing I needed to hear as I leave my job to go full-time in business... it's this. MJ further explained how the scripted mindset teaches the opposite of this philosophy and as a result, the negative effects of COVID on the general populous are a great indication of what happens when you're a cog in the economic machine.
  • INSIDERS - Allen spoke about taking advantage of the INSIDERS's subscription. Theres a lot of content in there. Theres not as much activity, probably because people are out executing. Regardless, I should take more advantage of it. Everything shared in their so far has helped me very specifically.
  • Avoid trends - Dave asked the guys' input from an entrepreneurial standpoint, where the new opportunities are. A lot was said, but my main takeaway was to avoid the trends and look to the "new normals"
  • Take responsibility - another idea that MJ harps on in the books and here in the forum. If you don't like where you're at, change your choices. Small daily actions are where the battle is won. Stop blaming other people for your life. At some point, you gotta look at yourself and realize that every choice you've ever gotten, privileged or not, has led you to where you are. If you don't like it, maybe it's time to do something different. For someone who just cut my time at my job from 5 days a week to 2 days a week to focus on my business, this was exactly what I needed to hear at precisely the right time.
  • Strive for excellence - if you strive for excellence, then maybe you'll end up with something decent. For me personally, it comes down to a balance between launching without being ready (since business is a creative art, not a step-by-step science - thanks @Kak and Andy), but also effective enough to get results and referrals. At this point, I think striving for excellence in the relationships is most important.
  • Planning - MJ talked about how he launches into stuff and how he's reminded himself that at some point it's good to make a plan. This came to me at a good time as well because I think I'm at a point in my business where I should figure out my next pivot.

Like I said, these are just the few things I noted while driving from the call. I hope they help you guys with business, in life, or in making the decision to get an INSIDERS's subscription if you're on the fence.

Remember: EAT WHAT YOU KILL

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yes, that was a great call and great video. Thanks @MJ DeMarco for being such a deep thinker and passing on your insights.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Remember: these takeaways were jotted down while driving. There's a lot I missed.
Fortunately for you trees & streetlights.
Fortunately for others their loved ones.

:thumbsdown:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
Here's the video that better explains that philosophy...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxSruxav35k
I wasn’t sure if I should respond to this or not because I didn’t want to annoy you or come off as star-struck... but after thinking about it more...

I truly appreciate everything you’ve shared in your books, your YouTube videos, the forum, creating the forum, interviews, all of it.

You’ve changed my life in many more ways than one and continue to do so.

From my very core, thank you @MJ DeMarco.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.