• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

GOLD! Just got my Big Break! Jesse James plugging my biz!

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Shea, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $188,219
    Notable

Scot likes this.
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $365,822
    Admin Post
    Duh, yea!

Congrats man!

Shea and Scot like this.
  3. Edwin Fernandez

Edwin Fernandez Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $330
    Thanks for sharing your progress. It is inspirational to see others escaping the 9-5 and winning like you are. Wealth and prosperity to you.

Shea likes this.
  4. Shea

Shea Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $3,451
    Update:

We completed our first design renderings for our super high-end record console. Jesse hooked me up with Philip Morley who is building the first unit. Philip is responsible for Donald Trump's 45 Gun box.

Jesse-James-Trump-1911-9.jpg Jesse-James-Trump-1911-8.jpg

Best news is I found a client that is buying the first one! Now I don't have to risk my own cash in hopes of finding a buyer! Here is an exclusive look at what's going to be built now.....

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 3.53.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 3.53.50 PM.png

Inspired from late 60's german record console design. These basic line drawings make it seem bland, but once the wood working magic is applied it should be unbelievable.

But Shea what about the vibration you say??

Well our unique buying proposition is that we innovated to isolate the amp and the turntable platform with precision electron microscope mechanical vibration isolators. Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 4.02.17 PM.png

Also the entire unit is made to fit Mcintosh's product line. This customer wants the best of the best so we're using the Mcintosh MT2 turntable, MA252 integrated tube amp, and XR50 speakers.

Even crazier is that Mcintosh has given me an unconventional exclusive wholesale permission to put their products in our record consoles!
    MT2 Angle landing J.jpg MA252 Angle Right landing J.jpg Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 4.14.32 PM.png

Pretty excited to see the "ultimate music experience" "the Lamborghini of sound" come to life!!!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  5. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $188,219
    And...

this thread just went gold.

Kid, Longinus, Scot and 1 other person like this.
  6. Determined2012

Determined2012 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,231
    Can you give an address of where to get one? Ive been looking into this for a couple weeks, only place I found was Best Buy... With modern turn table style.

I want a more vintage one...

Thanks!

7. Bdenner64

Bdenner64 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,486
    Your products look top notch. Well done. Subbed and looking forward to updates.

Shea likes this.
  8. Edwin Fernandez

Edwin Fernandez Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $330
    Congrats on the win. :fistbump:

Shea likes this.
  9. Natida

Natida New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $10
    Wow what a great business idea, what a success and most of all congrats on your guts to approach Jesse James and get him 'on board'.
    Would love to read about your progress by now.

P.S. did you call your brand Henning by now? It's actually a pretty cool brand name. ;-)

10. Shea

Shea Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $3,451
    Hey guys,

Quick end of 2018 update.

Overall it was an unbelievable year. I learned so much about funnels, email sales copy, text message marketing, celebrity influencers and I was able to get a system roughed out.

So much to be grateful for. After all, gratitude is the bedrock of all spiritual energy to take on entrepreneurial challenges.

My restoration business has taken off since being socially proofed by Jesse James. However, sales started slumping after the Jesse James buzz wore off. So I began running instagram ads... wow! game changer!

unnamed-15.jpg

It took me 7 months to get my email list to 300 people.

With $1500 of shotgunning instagram ads I grew it 800 people in one month! then 1000 the next month, 1200 the next, and it's directly correlating into 6x sales. Now when I send out emails with a new record player, I have around 30 guys calling ready to pounce. This gives me more leverage when negotiating (which I really don't need to negotiate now)because demand is far higher than supply. My customers now have to race to be first as I sell at a first come first serve basis. I also started collecting phone numbers and sending text alerts when I drop a finished record console, great success in gettin people's attention. Also word of mouth is spreading through the wealthy guy network here in ATX, which is what I hope will ultimately happen so I don't need a marketing budget at all. Productocracy is the goal 2019!

Zach Braff even slid into my DM's from an instagram ad!
    unnamed-3.jpg

This was the final piece of the puzzle to complete my system. Now I can sell them as fast as I can get them and I've been aggressively buying up more record players. But to keep my product rare I've capped my self to 3-4 units per month.

However, going into 2019. I have plans on building my own brand and full custom units.

We are almost there on the first high end custom record console.

I decided not to use my name as the brand because Philip Morley uses his name to and I didn't want to confuse people with two names on the unit.

So I ended up using the website squadhelp to crowdsource a brand name. After consulting Jesse James, I decided on a name that still had German heritage and sounded cool. Trademarked and domain bought.

atx brand take 3.jpg

I've been reading up on how to build a luxury brand and it's been unreal. Everything I learned from marketing videos and college is all BS for luxury.

41j6eGmXOAL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This book really blew my mind on how to do this, which basically says do the complete opposite of what every sleazy marketer tells you to do.

Some key mind blowing points to luxury brands:

- Do not pander to your customers
    - No discounts
    - Do not compare your product to other products
    - Have flaws
    - Do not respond to raising demand
    - Make it difficult for customers to buy
    - Dominate the customer
    - Presumed price should always seem higher than actual price
    - RAISE prices as time goes on to INCREASE demand
    - Do not sell, communicate value
    - Cultivate closeness to the arts

I hope my journey will help other people out there on their own path. Have a great holiday season and let's all crush it going into 2019!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  11. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $70,386
  12. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $52,549
    @amp0193 since you sell high dollar items, I think @Shea could learn a lot from your methods. Have you seen this thread yet?

AgainstAllOdds and Raoul Duke like this.
  13. Danny Sullivan

Danny Sullivan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,889
    Great progress! Really glad this is working so well for you.

Just to give you a heads up for your brandname and it's german heritage. If it's supposed to be the german equivalent of something like "soundhouse" i think you'd be better off by naming it accordingly : Tonhaus.
    Tonenhaus could (from a german standpoint) easily be misread as Tonnenhaus... Tonnen means something like trash can in german... which i don't think would be favourable. But then Tonhaus itself could be associated with ceramics (ton means sound and clay in german :) )

While the german word Ton (sound, tone) is the Toyota, the german word Klang (tone, sonority) is the Ferrari. Don't know how this would sound in your head though... Klanghaus. Might be to complex for what you're trying to achieve (or sound like clashing cars *klang*)

Tonwelt (Soundworld)
    Klangwelt(en) (Sonority world(s))
    Tonhaus (Soundhouse)
    Klanghaus (Sonority house?) - there's a german company which does meditation instruments (gongs etc)

Your products where named Musikschrank, Musiktruhe, Musikkommode or Musikbox in germany around that time.

If you'd like to have some other words on your mind translated into german words i'd be more than glad to help.

Best of luck!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Shea, AgainstAllOdds, klix and 8 others like this.
  14. NaPal

NaPal Done > Perfect Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,667
    Fantastic work @Shea ! Keep going! You can change the world.

15. NicholasCato

NicholasCato Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $220
    Wow what a year you had! Huge props man looking to forward to updates

Shea likes this.
  16. klix

klix New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $199
    You didn't read rule # 1?

They're gonna have a cabinet called trash house, and they're gonna like it!

#4 all the way baby!

minivanman and Shea like this.
  17. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,378
    My items are high dollar, but I wouldn't call them luxury. Luxury-tier is double my price point.

Not to say that some of those strategies bullet pointed above don't apply to me. I've done several of those and they've worked. It's tough to stick to the "no discounts" thing though. Hard to see a big pile of cash walking away in the short-term. I think I could probably benefit from that policy though.

Shea and Scot like this.
  18. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,378
    @Shea

Text messaging works great for high ticket items. It gives that personal touch. I require a phone number to reach check-out, and then I'm able to text all the abandoned carts.

I may switch my website livechat software, to just a "text us" number instead.

Shea, Scot and AgainstAllOdds like this.
  19. Shea

Shea Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $3,451

Yep!

After learning my brand name means trash can house just as I spent $1,000 on getting it hand marquetry-ed into wood. I freaked out for a bit.

So I had to do what any good entrepreneur would do, innovate a story to fit.

" Tonnen and Tonen are different, and the difference between greatness and garbage is in the details"

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 9.14.47 AM.png

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 8:11 PM
  20. GPM

GPM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $25,751
    As an English speaker, I absolutely LOVE that name!

I am a big fan of Ultrasone and Sennheizer and to me your name speaks to the same vein as those.

Keep it upscale and classy. Check our the price point on other luxury goods. Grab a few "Robb Report" magazines and check out their website for an idea of what the world of the wealthy looks like. The sky is the limit!

amp0193, Kid, Scot and 1 other person like this.
  21. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $13,281
    Dope. Stuff looks real cool. No wonder you're getting success: your sh*t is cool and your hustle is impeccable.

Is that all? Is that the secret sauce? Sell good sh*t and hustle? Hmmm... take note people!

amp0193, B. Cole and Shea like this.
  22. B. Cole

B. Cole Stop me. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,941
    Don’t know how I didn’t see this before - badass man!

Makes me wanna jump back in the shop!

- smack myself, focus! -

Shea likes this.
  23. minivanman

minivanman Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,035
    Very happy for you. The piece you have pictured is very close to the piece we have in our living room..... but I wish we would have known about you 18 months ago, your things look so much better than anyone else.

How about this.... an old time tv with a new tv in it? I've been wanting one like that. Actually, don't tell me if you make it, we don't have any room for it but man would I love one. ;)

Shea likes this.
  24. Eskil

Eskil Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,376
    Holy sh*t this is crazy awesome. Congrats both on going through with an idea that most other people would have thought was "silly", and on top of that landing that Jesse James attention, and endorsement! Following this thread... ;)

Shea likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.