The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just got my first product sale EVER!!!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Hello everybody!

For the last 3 months I've been working on a small project of mine, made a quick sample of the product and this week I got the first presale! It's the first time I've commited long enough. Tiny baby steps every day after work (if possible. Some days I really didn't have anything to do. Those days were the HARDEST!) and now I am here. I can't believe it. A stranger wants what I am offering. I sent him the bill and he paid it. He gave me his money! I finally have confirmation that I CAN make something for other people. It's not just an illusion or a dream any more. It's real life!

Who am I?

28yo guy from Estonia. Forum member for a bit over a year I think. Have been working abroad for the most of my life - carpenter work, loghouse building etc. Never in a big corporation, so I'm not familiar with the typical corporation work bullshit. Can call myself lucky I guess. Now I am working in a furniture installing business. But we don't have much work at the moment, so I've been sitting at home for the last month. But it's okay, because I have more time to work on my project.

None of my closest friends or family members are entrepreneurial-minded. And it is sad. They're so comfortable just working every day, while I only want to be free and own my time. And nobody will stop me.

Definitely had more difficult childhood than most. Had to deal with a lot of pain and grief and I think this has made me a lot stronger, more resilient and stubborn. I dare to dream and I know what I want in life. The best thing is I know what needs to be done to get those things. Been thinking about a different life for 2 years now. Started to educate myself, reading books, been making huge progress working on my mindset. Before that period I was a loose cannon, partying and drinking all the time when I was on holiday from my job in Norway. Now hadn't had a drink since August last year.
I'm a huge animal lover. My bunny is actually my inspiration for this project.
Love working with my hands and have made many cool woodworking projects. Maybe this is the reason why I like physical products (not in the omg-I-have-to-buy-all-the-shit-in-the-world way). I just like the idea of people having something I made at their homes bringing them good emotions.

I've semi-tried some things before like handmade furniture, diary-planner, 2sizeIn1 water bottle, FB Ads and definitely some other stuff. But I never really commited or I lost interest really soon. Maybe I didn't believe in the things that I did. And I definitely cared too much about other peoples opinion. This time I finally turned to the market and I only care about the market's opinion.

The product and journey so far

It's a physical product and it's personalised for each individual. Some things I have to manufacture and import from Asia, other parts are done here in Estonia and some is done online by other people. It is really personal and quite unique. Also my target groups are willing to spend more because they're more emotional (I love psychology!). It is definitely not a need but a want. But most of the needs are wants anyway :)

I got the idea for this product when I was lying in bed in Brussels, Belgium. We were working there, installing furniture in a hotel. Got so excited I couldn't sleep for the next 2 hours! It's an upgrade for the similar products out there. Simple idea really.
Wrote down some points, what it should look like, what I need to buy etc. Ordered samples from different manufacturers. It took around 1.5 months to make the first prototype. I think I spent around 600€ (now it's way over 1K). It was really difficult to work on this while I was away with my slowlane job. Couldn't do much, had so long days and I was so tired and felt so alone. Was waiting the samples, didn't know if I was waisting my time or not, couldn't get any feedback. When I had days like this, I started writing. Just a small simple text to remind myself why I'm doing this project, why I am here working away from home and family, what happens if I fail etc. This really helped me through this many times. And finally things got better.
When I had my sample ready and I was back home I showed it to people in one FB group and many people said they'd buy it. In my head I was developing it further all the time. Now it has changed a lot and I have to thank the marketplace. They said what they like and what they don't like. In fact now the product is not so complex and it's cheaper for me to make, and much less time consuming for me. Now I only need to do some work online, pick up other parts from the city, pack it and send it.

I have 200 units being made in China at the moment. I paid the deposit and the other 2/3 I will pay when they're ready to ship it. I am working together with an Estonian logistics company and they will handle the transport. It's a bit more expensive but they have partners in China and I pay for the transport when the goods arrive to Estonia. So it's not so risky for me and will be a lot easier.

So what about CENTS?

Of course I was keeping the commandments in mind. But it did not cripple me as I just needed to get my feet wet finally and cut the crap. Actually it doesn't violate any of the rules. It is a bit harder to scale because it is personally made for each customer and takes some time to make it. But there are millions of potential customers for me. Can I figure out how to scale it if needed? F*ck yeah. I've figured out many things in my life! And all the people who have seen it, love it.
Finally I am working on something that don't need a lot of my time. And definitely no average Joe can just start the same or better business just like that. It takes some time and money and a lot of patience.

So what's next?

I have some orders coming in from my friends in the next couple of weeks, when they get their salary or whatever. They definitely want it. In the meantime I am hoping everything goes well with the production in China and hope to get it done next week. Posting regularly on social media groups and showin it to my friends. Not building my FB page or website yet.

I need to have a package custom-made because there's no good size for it (it's quite big). This is the next big task. Working on this mainly this week. Can't wait to finish the first order and send it to my customer!

And then I need to meet my boss to find out when is the next project for the furniture company. I can work the next month or so but after that when the goods are arriving I need to be in Estonia and start taking bigger steps! So if everything goes well I will take the summer months off from work (I have some savings and sold my Chrysler too :(, don't have a car now) and commit myself only for this thing. Not thinking about millions (Ok, maybe sometimes when I'm on one of my long walks) but just about the next sale. And then maybe one day I've covered my expenses.. And maybe one day there's a tiny profit.. and so on. And if I F*ck it up and fail then I'll start another project. Simple.

Thanks for staying with me. I hope it's not difficult to read or understand, my english is not perfect.

This forum truly is an amazing place. Can't thank you enough @MJ DeMarco and other members too of course! You have helped me to change the way I think and with this I will change the course of my life. And for that I am forever grateful.

Holy cow, my first sale ever - F*ck YOU, SCRIPT!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Milan de Jong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 16, 2019
Netherlands
Hello everybody!

For the last 3 months I've been working on a small project of mine, made a quick sample of the product and this week I got the first presale! It's the first time I've commited long enough. Tiny baby steps every day after work (if possible. Some days I really didn't have anything to do. Those days were the HARDEST!) and now I am here. I can't believe it. A stranger wants what I am offering. I sent him the bill and he paid it. He gave me his money! I finally have confirmation that I CAN make something for other people. It's not just an illusion or a dream any more. It's real life!

Who am I?

28yo guy from Estonia. Forum member for a bit over a year I think. Have been working abroad for the most of my life - carpenter work, loghouse building etc. Never in a big corporation, so I'm not familiar with the typical corporation work bullshit. Can call myself lucky I guess. Now I am working in a furniture installing business. But we don't have much work at the moment, so I've been sitting at home for the last month. But it's okay, because I have more time to work on my project.

None of my closest friends or family members are entrepreneurial-minded. And it is sad. They're so comfortable just working every day, while I only want to be free and own my time. And nobody will stop me.

Definitely had more difficult childhood than most. Had to deal with a lot of pain and grief and I think this has made me a lot stronger, more resilient and stubborn. I dare to dream and I know what I want in life. The best thing is I know what needs to be done to get those things. Been thinking about a different life for 2 years now. Started to educate myself, reading books, been making huge progress working on my mindset. Before that period I was a loose cannon, partying and drinking all the time when I was on holiday from my job in Norway. Now hadn't had a drink since August last year.
Love working with my hands and have made many cool woodworking projects. Maybe this is the reason why I like physical products (not in the omg-I-have-to-buy-all-the-shit-in-the-world way). I just like the idea of people having something I made at their homes bringing them good emotions.

I've semi-tried some things before like handmade furniture, diary-planner, 2sizeIn1 water bottle, FB Ads and definitely some other stuff. But I never really commited or I lost interest really soon. Maybe I didn't believe in the things that I did. And I definitely cared too much about other peoples opinion. This time I finally turned to the market and I only care about the market's opinion.

The product and journey so far

It's a physical product and it's personalised for each individual. Some things I have to manufacture and import from Asia, other parts are done here in Estonia and some is done online by other people. It is really personal and quite unique. Also my target groups are willing to spend more because they're more emotional (I love psychology!). It is definitely not a need but a want. But most of the needs are wants anyway :)

I got the idea for this product when I was lying in bed in Brussels, Belgium. We were working there, installing furniture in a hotel. Got so excited I couldn't sleep for the next 2 hours! It's an upgrade for the similar products out there. Simple idea really.
Wrote down some points, what it should look like, what I need to buy etc. Ordered samples from different manufacturers. It took around 1.5 months to make the first prototype. I think I spent around 600€ (now it's way over 1K). It was really difficult to work on this while I was away with my slowlane job. Couldn't do much, had so long days and I was so tired and felt so alone. Was waiting the samples, didn't know if I was waisting my time or not, couldn't get any feedback. When I had days like this, I started writing. Just a small simple text to remind myself why I'm doing this project, why I am here working away from home and family, what happens if I fail etc. This really helped me through this many times. And finally things got better.
When I had my sample ready and I was back home I showed it to people in one FB group and many people said they'd buy it. In my head I was developing it further all the time. Now it has changed a lot and I have to thank the marketplace. They said what they like and what they don't like. In fact now the product is not so complex and it's cheaper for me to make, and much less time consuming for me. Now I only need to do some work online, pick up other parts from the city, pack it and send it.

I have 200 units being made in China at the moment. I paid the deposit and the other 2/3 I will pay when they're ready to ship it. I am working together with an Estonian logistics company and they will handle the transport. It's a bit more expensive but they have partners in China and I pay for the transport when the goods arrive to Estonia. So it's not so risky for me and will be a lot easier.

So what about CENTS?

Of course I was keeping the commandments in mind. But it did not cripple me as I just needed to get my feet wet finally and cut the crap. Actually it doesn't violate any of the rules. It is a bit harder to scale because it is personally made for each customer and takes some time to make it. But there are millions of potential customers for me. Can I figure out how to scale it if needed? F*ck yeah. I've figured out many things in my life! And all the people who have seen it, love it.
Finally I am working on something that don't need a lot of my time. And definitely no average Joe can just start the same or better business just like that. It takes some time and money and a lot of patience.

So what's next?

I have some orders coming in from my friends in the next couple of weeks, when they get their salary or whatever. They definitely want it. In the meantime I am hoping everything goes well with the production in China and hope to get it done next week. Posting regularly on social media groups and showin it to my friends. Not building my FB page or website yet.

I need to have a package custom-made because there's no good size for it (it's quite big). This is the next big task. Working on this mainly this week. Can't wait to finish the first order and send it to my customer!

And then I need to meet my boss to find out when is the next project for the furniture company. I can work the next month or so but after that when the goods are arriving I need to be in Estonia and start taking bigger steps! So if everything goes well I will take the summer months off from work (I have some savings and sold my Chrysler too :(, don't have a car now) and commit myself only for this thing. Not thinking about millions (Ok, maybe sometimes when I'm on one of my long walks) but just about the next sale. And then maybe one day I've covered my expenses.. And maybe one day there's a tiny profit.. and so on. And if I F*ck it up and fail then I'll start another project. Simple.

Thanks for staying with me. I hope it's not difficult to read or understand, my english is not perfect.

This forum truly is an amazing place. Can't thank you enough @MJ DeMarco and other members too of course! You have helped me to change the way I think and with this I will change the course of my life. And for that I am forever grateful.

Holy cow, my first sale ever - F*ck YOU, SCRIPT!!!
CONGRATIULATIONS on your first sale, keep the grind going and stay positive. I'm very curious about your product, hope to see a link soon.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Congratulations! Always remember the feeling of that first sale!

Thank you! It's almost syrreal. I'm sure I will get many more though :p

CONGRATIULATIONS on your first sale, keep the grind going and stay positive. I'm very curious about your product, hope to see a link soon.

Thank you so much! I will!
I will probably tell more about the product when they arrive and I can get more different examples to make.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Also my target groups are willing to spend more because they're more emotional (I love psychology!). It is definitely not a need but a want. But most of the needs are wants anyway :)
Excellent! Selling is more about psychology than it is about facts. Marketing surveys show that listing facts is a very poor way to sell, because emotions govern the majority of buying decisions.

I am working together with an Estonian logistics company and they will handle the transport. It's a bit more expensive but they have partners in China and I pay for the transport when the goods arrive to Estonia. So it's not so risky for me and will be a lot easier.
You have done this the right way. A logistics company in your own country is by far a safer bet than using one suggested by your suppliers. At all cost, avoid Chinese or Russian ones.

Walter

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
You have done this the right way. A logistics company in your own country is by far a safer bet than using one suggested by your suppliers. At all cost, avoid Chinese or Russian ones.

Walter

Thank you so much, Walter! I was hoping that you'd see my thread. Your insights in the FLF are invaluable and I will learn as much as possible from you. :smile2:

The good thing is that the Estonian logistics company will do the paperwork for the customs too and then they'll deliver the goods right to my door. I think it would be too much for me to handle the first time. I was afraid when I started out, because of the customs stuff and other complications, but when I did some research and find out how much help there is possible to get, then there really is not much to worry about. Of course it will probably cost me an extra 100€ but at least I can sleep at night! All this is definitely super encouraging for the future as well.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
I just got an offer for custom-made package for my product, 200pcs. It will be around 3€ a piece which is very expensive for a cardboard box. But it will be possible to close it without plastic tape. Standard package would be a lot cheapier but I'd love to keep the usage of plastics to the minimum. I plan to use only cardboard inside too to make it a bit safer. Ideally ZERO plastic for the packaging.

Another company will provide me with their offer next week. I hope it will be a bit cheaper! :)
So we'll wait and see.

I have news about work too. I think I have to go to Sweden next week and be there at least 2 weeks. The timing is good, other than the fact that I am in a team that is arranging a charity run next friday here in the local city. We're working together with Estonian Union for Child Welfare to fight against bullying. So worst case scenario is I can't be here when the actual event is happening. But what can you do.. I do need some money to fund my crazy ideas!

The production is on full speed in China and they will finish next week!!!

Made some changes with the pricing system. Because the product is quite expensive - price for pre order is around 70-80€ - I've decided to take payments in two parts. Half to start the work and other half when I'm ready to ship it to the customer. Had a lot of feedback already and it seems like this is a good idea!

Have a great weekend, everybunny!

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Have a great weekend, everybunny!

Everybunny! :rofl:
That's what happens when you have a bunny and you're on Facebook bunny parent groups!

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
You should take into account the risk of damage in transit.

The shipping packaging from China will have to be very strong to protect your retail packaging.

Walter

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Congratulations, very exciting!

Once you experience this feeling, there's no going back!

Jsoh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 16, 2019
California
Congrats! I know this feeling well. Keep up the momentum and use it while ya got it.

Cheers on #1

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
You should take into account the risk of damage in transit.

The shipping packaging from China will have to be very strong to protect your retail packaging.

Walter

Thank you, Walter.
I think it will be. At least the sample package that they sent me couple of months ago was very well packed. Crazy amount of bubblewrap though.

Right now the deal is that the manufacturer has to make sure everything is in perfect condition to the point of the loading in China (including the loading in the port). I also have insurance made through Estonian logistics company which covers pretty much everything regarding the transportation and the condition of the goods.

Congratulations, very exciting!

Once you experience this feeling, there's no going back!

Thank you, @MJ DeMarco ! This means a lot. It finally feels like I have some purpose in life.
I am very excited myself! The real work starts in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

Congrats! I know this feeling well. Keep up the momentum and use it while ya got it.

Cheers on #1

Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear that.
Once we understand that there's a possible to live a different life and get the taste of some of it, I think there's no other option anymore for people like us. A looooong and difficult journey ahead though, no doubt! :smile2:

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
I just got the offer from a second company about the custom made cardboard package. Much more expensive than the first - around 4.5€/pcs while the first company offered 3€/pcs.
It's also probably possible to order it abroad but I doubt that I get much cheaper offer with transport included. The quantity is small at this point and the reality is what it is. Most of the companys in Estonia even don't make a custom size below 1000pcs.

I will ask a sample and have to make a desicion on this. I have some time though as the products are in Estonia probably in the end of June. No worries!

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
My products are finished in China! I pay for them tomorrow and then I'll be waiting them to arrive in Estonia.

We organised a charity run on Friday, it was super fun! It's called Rat Race and it's mainly for the office people to come out and move a bit. We raised money to fight bullying among children.
We needed a cardboard box for the mug that we gave for all the participants (among other stuff) and today I contacted the same company that provided us with these boxes. I told the guy that I was in the organising team (he is an ex-member of this organisation). So maybe he'll make me a better offer than the companies before. :p

I randomly contacted a couple of people on FB who are in the groups with other potential customers and offered them a free product. One is in Germany and other in Denmark. I am 100% sure they will love it, and they will share it in the groups and tag me too. I think it is a good move because no one has received the product yet so I believe people are a bit sceptical, I would be too. And the one from Denmark actually wants another one too, so she'll get two for the price of one. It gives me some knowledge on the export too, what to look out for and how fast they get it etc. I have 4 samples of the Chinese product, so I can use them and send them out before I receive the bulk order, which is probably in the start on July. It's good, because then a lot of people already see what I have to offer way before I get the whole shipment.

A picture taken just before the start of the charity run:

lydialeads

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 29, 2019
So inspiring to read your post! My pets also motivate me to stay positive in the grind as I can only take the best care for them out of my love for them. Congrats on your first product sale ever! :smile2:

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
So inspiring to read your post! My pets also motivate me to stay positive in the grind as I can only take the best care for them out of my love for them. Congrats on your first product sale ever! :smile2:

Thank you for the kind words! All this is definitely hard especially mentally, but my little friend brings a smile on my face every time I look at him. We will succeed! :smile2:

UPDATE!

New week and my 2nd REAL SALE! Just sent out the invoice. She's a friend of mine, and I will probably deliver the product to her next week personally, as soon as it is finished. I'm sure she will love it and share it on social media and that will give me more credibility.

The 3rd offer for the cardboard package was a dissapointment. So I went with another company. I just confirmed this with them and I am waiting for the order so I can make the payment. Spendind a lots of money, but I'm not very worried actually :) Which is weird.

I am not working with the furniture installing company any more. We were supposed to go to Sweden a couple of weeks ago but he didn't get the job. So the next big project would be in July. The boss is a bit weird too, never answers his phone and rarely returns my calls. So instead I contacted my old employer in Norway. The boss over there is great and we get along very well. He wanted me there already in April to help and build a new big loghouse but I sticked with the furniture thing because the guy told me that there's a lot of work. Anyway I will go to work in Norway in the end of July after my products arrive from China. There's also Metallica concert in our small town in July and I have the tickets and I will go to work after that. There's probably 2 months of work there, finishing this house. And we will see how it goes during the second half of the summer, both with my personal project and slowlane work. I think I will let my gf handle the packaging and shipping when I am working abroad. Everything else can be done online.

If I get around 10 sales before the start of August, I would be pleased. It doesn't sound much but I try to be realistic and with the long delivery times at this point, this would be good. Product delivery gets better when I get them in July of course.

I started to write down my feelings and experiences in Estonian too, regarding this entrepreneurial project of mine. Maybe will turn it into a blog one day. To look back on things and for other people too. I am just a beginner but I think a lot of people would gain something valuable from this.

Ok, time to go and clean my bunnies poop before the slavemaster comes and bites my toe.

Cheers everybody and thanks for reading!

lydialeads

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 29, 2019
Thank you for the kind words! All this is definitely hard especially mentally, but my little friend brings a smile on my face every time I look at him. We will succeed! :smile2:

UPDATE!

New week and my 2nd REAL SALE! Just sent out the invoice. She's a friend of mine, and I will probably deliver the product to her next week personally, as soon as it is finished. I'm sure she will love it and share it on social media and that will give me more credibility.

The 3rd offer for the cardboard package was a dissapointment. So I went with another company. I just confirmed this with them and I am waiting for the order so I can make the payment. Spendind a lots of money, but I'm not very worried actually :) Which is weird.

I am not working with the furniture installing company any more. We were supposed to go to Sweden a couple of weeks ago but he didn't get the job. So the next big project would be in July. The boss is a bit weird too, never answers his phone and rarely returns my calls. So instead I contacted my old employer in Norway. The boss over there is great and we get along very well. He wanted me there already in April to help and build a new big loghouse but I sticked with the furniture thing because the guy told me that there's a lot of work. Anyway I will go to work in Norway in the end of July after my products arrive from China. There's also Metallica concert in our small town in July and I have the tickets and I will go to work after that. There's probably 2 months of work there, finishing this house. And we will see how it goes during the second half of the summer, both with my personal project and slowlane work. I think I will let my gf handle the packaging and shipping when I am working abroad. Everything else can be done online.

If I get around 10 sales before the start of August, I would be pleased. It doesn't sound much but I try to be realistic and with the long delivery times at this point, this would be good. Product delivery gets better when I get them in July of course.

I started to write down my feelings and experiences in Estonian too, regarding this entrepreneurial project of mine. Maybe will turn it into a blog one day. To look back on things and for other people too. I am just a beginner but I think a lot of people would gain something valuable from this.

Ok, time to go and clean my bunnies poop before the slavemaster comes and bites my toe.

Cheers everybody and thanks for reading!
Congrats on your 2nd sale! :thumbsup:

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
How many feelings can I feel during one week? Holy F*ck. Ups and downs and ups and downs! My plans were messed up by a call from a friend who offered me a work in Norway. Just for a 2-3 weeks. I took it. Im leaving on monday. The packages for my product should be ready on tuesday. I will leave it up to my gf to get the sample and check it. I think I will be back right before the products arrive. Anyways, this makes me anxious but deep down I know it's the most sensible move. With this short time I can earn most of the expenses for this business project. It's painful to leave again, but yeah, that is life.. Also sad because it's hard for my girlfriend. Hopefully not going on for the next 40 years.

I still have only 2 real sales so far. Shipped them today, so another milestone! Couple of gifts I made too, for close friends. Just to get it out in the open and in front of more people.

Started building the FB page yesterday. I have over 70 followers already, because I posted a picture in one group and added my FB page there. Around 15 people all over the world have contacted me today asking about the product. This made my week a bit better. I can see I'm on to something, people are loving it but no sales yet. Maybe the pricing is an issue? Then again, I'm constantly reminding myself that it is still SOOOO early to say. I have to be more patient and I can see why Gary Vee is always saying that patience is the key to almost everything. I've never been a patient guy. Most of the things seem easy for me to do and I usually get quick results. That's why I have these F*ckin mood swings. @MJ DeMarco and other members of this forum, you have no idea how helpful you are!

Huge holidays in Estonia tomorrow and on monday. Everybody's drunk and parties all over the country. First time I'm not getting wasted this time of the year in about 12 years and not really giving a F*ck about these parties. Most of my friends probably think "I've changed". Not in a good way. But I am happy how my mindset has changed over the last year or two.

So business wise, waiting for the packages! Getting them next week, paid for them today. Another 580€. That reminds me, today I packed 2 of my products. Had to cut pieces of cardboard and tape it and it was crazy difficult because my product is quite big! Then the 580.- didn't seem so much anymore! :rofl:
Concentrating more on social media the next days and weeks, because I'll be working slowlane. Maybe should start Instagram account too..? Never had one. Would really love to get a sale outside Estonia too.

To sum things up, difficult times and feeling a bit fragile. Also rare for me to feel this way. I feel alone while I'm really not alone. Feel like I'm going nowhere while I'm constantly working on the project. But I'm sure I will get over this soon.

Thanks for being with me! Have a great weekend everyone.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Hello again, slowlane!

I arrived to Oslo, Norway tonight and will go to work tomorrow the first time in a couple of months. I'll stay here for at least 2 weeks. I can manage but I feel a bit sad. I will use this to fuel my actions towards Fastlane.

I can't send out physical products because I'm here and because I don't have any to send. I will get them from China in the middle of July.
BUT one part of my product can be digital, so I've developed it a little bit further yet again. Now I'm offering a cheaper, digital version of it. I got the first client for the digital version yesterday - and with that a first sale OUTSIDE Estonia. This too is custom made for each person, but no shipping and other stuff, so this can be good for the future.
A lot of people have asked about it on Facebook so I'll try to get a couple of more sales before the end of the month. I have exhausting and long working days ahead of me but I'm sure I'll still find some time to exercise and work on my project. In the coming days I'll be writing down my goals for next month and also the most successful things about this month and where they've come from so I can maybe double down and push it more through those channels.
It's going slowly and only a couple of sales so far but I'm trying to be patient and take one baby step at a time.

Thanks for reading. Wish me luck for tomorrow! Slowlane suckzzz.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
End of the month!

Its time for a little overview.
It has been a weird month. I had a lot of people messaging about the product but only a couple of real sales. I need to work on converting these people to paying customers, because they're obviously interested.
I've had the most success with FB niche groups. I've been posting there and this has brought the most attention and messages. Also did some FB ads and had some page likes, some messages but no sales.
So I'll cut back on spending on the ads and just post in these groups, message to potentially interested people.
I have 3 products to send out, but I'm still in Norway working so I can do it when I'm back home. 1 of them is a giveaway, one is 2 products for the price of one and the last one is a sale. I believe it will get better in time when I'm more focused and if I can send out more products to people.

I have the cardboard boxes done now, they seem okay from the pictures my gf sent me. So I can cross that off of my list.

Overall I'm happy that I am finally doing something. Not much to brag about, but patience and constant work are the keys here. I've done many things in the last month that I've never done before - received my first PayPal payment yesterday, made the first sales, including a digital products sale, been contacting with the tax and customs offices to get the documents and numbers I need for importing and much more. One thing is clearer than ever - no matter the outcome of this, I'm never looking back again. If my probability to succeed is 3% with this project, it will definitely be 5% with the next one.

I've also come up with some new product ideas that I'm already researching and I want to make a couple of samples. I'd love to make something else that is not personalized so I can use different selling channels, including Amazon etc. Less time consuming for me and little bit more scalable. Keeping myself busy here after work.

Sales in June: 3.
Money received from sales: 142€
(one order is still ongoing - the client pays the other half in july)

Targets for July:
10 sales (7 new)

I'm super tired now. I'll go for a run - maybe 5-6km - shower and then going to bed. Slowlane is waiting for me again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.