The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It finally happened: My first SaaS Sale Came In Today!

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

circleme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jan 17, 2023
I'm not here to brag or anything like that, but a few hours ago, I received my first sale of my software (SaaS Business Model), which was 100% organically generated, and I still can't believe it!

1713370287635.png

About a year ago, I started seriously exploring the SaaS business model and relearning how to develop a specific type of software from scratch. Six months later, I developed and launched my first product, and for three months, almost nothing happened. No installations, no feedback, more self-doubt than one can handle, etc. Progress was - and still is - slow, but things are getting slightly better.

During this time, I must have thought about doing something else at least 100 times. Just a few days ago, I created a thread here where I wanted to pivot, especially since I had already had a proof of concept as a freelancer and made "good" money from it. These $20 from this SaaS sale feel a thousand times better than the $2,000 I invoice as a freelancer. An insanely good feeling!

Nevertheless, thanks in part to conversations with users like @Tau Ceti , I remained loyal to the SaaS business model because I didn't want to return to the time vs. money trade as a freelancer.

I know this might be considered a small success for many here, but for me, the feeling I experienced today (my first sale from a product that lives far beyond my time: I was working on new features during the sale) was indescribable. A completely unknown person on the other side of the planet decided today that my product provides enough value to him to give me money for it.

What's next?

It's incredibly motivating, and I think I've finally reached the point where the desert of desertion has come to an end and the feedback loop has started.

I'm looking forward to what's to come and consider this a huge success.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I'm not here to brag or anything like that, but a few hours ago, I received my first sale of my software (SaaS Business Model), which was 100% organically generated, and I still can't believe it!

View attachment 55417

About a year ago, I started seriously exploring the SaaS business model and relearning how to develop a specific type of software from scratch. Six months later, I developed and launched my first product, and for three months, almost nothing happened. No installations, no feedback, more self-doubt than one can handle, etc. Progress was - and still is - slow, but things are getting slightly better.

During this time, I must have thought about doing something else at least 100 times. Just a few days ago, I created a thread here where I wanted to pivot, especially since I had already had a proof of concept as a freelancer and made "good" money from it. These $20 from this SaaS sale feel a thousand times better than the $2,000 I invoice as a freelancer. An insanely good feeling!

Nevertheless, thanks in part to conversations with users like @Tau Ceti , I remained loyal to the SaaS business model because I didn't want to return to the time vs. money trade as a freelancer.

I know this might be considered a small success for many here, but for me, the feeling I experienced today (my first sale from a product that lives far beyond my time: I was working on new features during the sale) was indescribable. A completely unknown person on the other side of the planet decided today that my product provides enough value to him to give me money for it.

What's next?

It's incredibly motivating, and I think I've finally reached the point where the desert of desertion has come to an end and the feedback loop has started.

Congrats, it's a big milestone you will never forget.

It's not the time to get comfortable however, because your goal now is 5 subscribers. What are you doing in terms of sales, exposure, marketing that will get your solution in front of people that are experiencing a lot of pain with the specific problem it solves?

circleme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jan 17, 2023
Congrats, it's a big milestone you will never forget.

It's not the time to get comfortable however, because your goal now is 5 subscribers.
Thank you. I'm an ex MMORPG-player. I already have my "game"/goal plan in place. Hint: It doesn't stop at level 21. ;)

1713372889855.png
What are you doing in terms of sales, exposure, marketing that will get your solution in front of people that are experiencing a lot of pain with the specific problem it solves?
I double down on the things that work, try different things as well for the learning. So far, organic channels work quite well.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Congrats, achievement unlocked! Collect GOLD and LEVEL UP!

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
Congrats bro, well deserved!!

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
REAL SHIT.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
Bullshit. Brag away, bruv, you've earned it. Just remember it's the first step ;-).
Congrats! Once the SAAS bug bites, there's no going back.
I look forward to seeing where you go and how this evolves.

Cheers.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
It's not a brag at all. We're celebrating it.
Keep us updated, looking forward to seeing you get to the next level on that spreadsheet.

mav55339

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 2, 2023

View attachment 55417

What's next?

Awesome! Did you learn to build it yourself or did you pay a developer? I want to learn about SAAS. Where can I learn about building one?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
There's this paradoxical reaction in the entrepreneur's mind when he makes his VERY FIRST SALE of a new product...

It doesn't matter how low the earnings are - it could be $20, it could be $5, or even $1.

... But that $1 will make you jump for joy and shout like a F*cking maniac. That $1 will get you HIGH.

Because, for some reason, it feels like $1M.

May this be the beginning of a life-changing journey.

Good luck my friend! ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.