The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Is starting a web development company a fastlane?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

kongbullies

New Contributor
Sep 18, 2020
philippines
Hi all! This is my first post here after finally done reading the Millionaire Fastlane by MJ. I am 24 and currently working as a junior web developer and I'm planning to build a web development company.

I have few questions in mind.
1. Is starting a web development company a fastlane? It passes the CENTS criteria except for the N which is the need because I'm still figuring out what specific needs I need to solve for my web development company in the future. In your business, what was your process on finding those needs?
2. When you started your own company, how did you start? What was your plan, your thought process, and preparations in place?

I would love to hear all inputs!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sebastya

SEO Expert
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
2. When you started your own company, how did you start? What was your plan, your thought process, and preparations in place?

Here’s the story of how I started my current business:

Here’s a chat from 2017 about how my business was developing:

And here’s the question I ask people who are starting out, overwhelmed, or stuck:

MJ’s recent video will likely help you too:

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Fastlane is a mindset, and a web dev company could be a stepping stone on your fastlane journey (Eg making $10k/month, learning a lot and making connections), Or if you made it your life's work you could turn it into a company worth 8-9 figures. The sky is the limit, and it all depends on how far YOU'RE willing to take it personally. Some people will run a $10k/mo web dev company, and some (Far fewer) will run a $1m/mo company.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
It’s just a skill - same as sales or copywriting.

You can using that skill to start building the lifestyle you want or you use it to create just another job.

What makes it Fastlane is your mindset and connecting it to a bigger plan.

The “fastlane” web designers didn’t stick with a web design business - they used what they learned and built something that scales.

Maybe better to start with what end goal you want and then see if web design could be a possible first step on that plan.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
I read it yesterday, looks like a nice introduction for reading TFM or Unscripted. ; ) Also...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom