The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Introduction] Teach a man how to fish...

shedim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Oct 9, 2013
Hello dear fastlane forum,

first of all: Thank you for having me. I'm really glad I bumped into MJ's book and this forum by chance. It has the potential of changing my life forever - if I take actions, of course.

Who am I?
I was born in Romania and I'm living in Germany for 23 years by now. Currently I'm studying and my prospect is a slowlane job, ableit something I'd probably enjoy. However, after reading MJ's book I re-evaluated my future prospects and I'm more than willing to change my life, learn as much as I can and be an entrepreneur. Unfortunately university and work are eating up almost all of my free time and I can't quit them but on the plus side: I don't have any debts whatsoever, I'm a quick learner and I'm highly motivated.

Why am I here?
As you already know, I was born in (at that time communist) Romania. My family wasn't exactly poor, but not rich either and despite the fact that my parents did all they could, I was a malnourished skeleton of a child with no future. Imagine having sufficient money and going to a grocery store in order to buy food for your family and finding the store empty, well apart from the isles and the vendor obviously. Yup, been there... We've been living off whatever crops we could grow in our garden, like the vast majority of Romanians at that time. Despite all this BS, people were still content with their lives and my family is living proof that money won't buy you happiness per se. However, like MJ already said: (tl;dr) Money will buy you freedom. This is basically why I am here in one sentence.

Since my father didn't want to join the communist party in Romania and my family had German ancestors (and German names), the communists treated us like "spies from the evil west". My father was working his a$$ off at the local factory and despite him working hard, people from the communist party got the promotions that should have been his. He realized neither him nor (future) me would have a future in this country so one day he and two of his best friends risked their lives crossing the border illegaly and fleeing to Germany, a country that could provide a future and freedom. He left on December 6th 25 years ago and I remember how strange Christmas was without my dad and not knowing whether he was still alive and well. Then, 2 years later, the borders were opened and thanks to my dad, mom and me could move to Germany. My family arrived here with basically nothing but ourselves and yet my parents managed to get great jobs, buy a flat and live decently. I'm very proud of them.

However, now that my parents are getting older and older, it saddens me seeing them obliterated from work, every time I'm visiting them and since my dad risked his life so I can have a future, I feel like I'm not doing him and his sacrifice justice by living a slowlane life. I want to take the fast lane in order to give my family freedom while my parents are still healthy enough to enjoy it. I want my parents to be able to quit their slowlane jobs without worrying about money. Yeah, what about retirement, shedim? Unfortunately, German government wants people to work until the age of 67 and given the average life expectancy of 71 years for the average man, you're basically allowed to drop dead right where you're working. I want neither my parents, nor me to work a slowlane job until we're all either dead or too old to enjoy retirement.

This is my goal. Unfortunately, my family isn't very supportive when they heard I want to be an entrepreneur. They want me to get a safe job and live a slowlane life. My father is hoping that winning the lottery one day will allow him to quit his job. This is like somebody giving you a fish, so you won't be hungry for today and to be honest, I'd rather learn how to fish. Glad I found a proper book that allowed me to learn how to do it. Thank you for teaching me how to fish, MJ! Now I just need to get a fishing pole and catch something :)

Thanks for having me!
Love the new changes by the way. The forum looks awesome, now! Great job, MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lakeview

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 5, 2013
Texas
Welcome to the forum.

You seem to have an ability to write. I bet, between your experiences, your parents (and some fictional drama) you could write a pretty good book as time allows.

Best to you and your future!

D

DeletedUser2

my dad risked his life so I can have a future,

This is why you need to do everything you can to find your fastlane.

read that sentence again, "my dad risked his life"

Thats why you need to do everything you can to be fearless, and MAKE things happen.

we will be watching

Z

shedim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Oct 9, 2013
Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

Lakeview, I had that idea for quite a while, but never put it into practise. I actually took a free workshop in creative writing that some semi-famous author offered for promising students back then when I was in school and my life had so many ups and downs that I don't even have to make up the drama, horror and humour that make a story worth telling. Unfortunately, I didn't want to go through all the hassle finding a publisher (e-publishing wasn't common and popular back then), my parents wanted me to get a "real" job and I always thought I'm just not creative enough for writing. Now that I'm thinking about it...turns out I'm pretty creative when it comes to making excuses so creativity shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the motivation! I already started writing.

zen*******, I always believed there is no escape from the rat race and it took me bumping into MJ's book to finally open my eyes. Now, that I can see the matrix I'm ready to take action. I owe my dad big time...plus it's the very least I can do and while there is room for error, there is no room for failure. Glad you guys are keeping an eye on me on my journey from entreprenewbie to entrepreneur :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...