The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I AM GIVING AWAY MY C.E.N.T.S IDEA

Idea threads

Miha99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 21, 2022
I decided to give away an Idea and ispire somebody to actually make it a reality

I have no time and to focus on it becouse I already have a Business that i want to Scale, ans as MJ said Monogamy is KING

Backstory how I came up with the IDEA:

2021 I spent 6 months living Belgrade.
Since my brain is focused on problem sonving, business, money and adding value a lot of the time,
I often listened to people's complaints in the city.

The biggest complain people used to Mention by far Was :
NO PARKING SPACE!
I kept hearing it over and over again.
The parking lots in the City center were always taken 90% of the time.

I Did a Quick google search "Biggest problems for the citizens in Belgrade".

I was not surprised by the results.
In almost every post I kept hearing, NO PARKING SPACE.

Clearly an opportunity to slove a big problem and profit from it I thought.
But How?
I can't just magically create parking spaces out od nowhere. Or can I?

And right there an IDEA WAS BORN!

I Can't use creating a parking space, But could I use an Excisting one and put a Twist on it?

As I was brainstorming, I rememberes a website where people would rent out their parking space for about 100€ a month.

I was thinking, what if I would create an Parking space app just like Airbnb?
I could approach fhe owners of the space ask them for a partnership and after that Rent the Parking spaces Hourly on my app.

That could solve abig issue!
Imagine, you're stressed out in the city becouse you can't find a parking lot and youre wife thinks you're a loser becouse you can't solve a problem, you get into an argument and you end up sleeping on the Couch for the night!

Damn that sucks!

Instead you could have pulled out your phone,
Opened the "PARKSHARK" APP (My original name for the app) found a space, booked it, got directions to it and parked your car without sleeping on the couch that day.

So you may ask how you could make sure nobody takes the space without paying?
-There are small ramps you could buy and control them by phone and integrate it into the app, so when someone rents the space he can unlock the ramp or get a Code that unlocks it.

-The one issue however could be if he Doese'nt move out the way, he has to be charges by credit card.
So bassicaly he will get charged for every hour extra until the ramp is Lifted up which means no car is parked logically.
I will not get into that issue now to keep the post short.

Another possibility would be for the owners of the parking space to rent it out themselves and you get a cut!
Just like airbnb doea for exanple. He can buy the ramp from you, make a profile on the app and host his parking space for 1-2€ an hour.
You could go for Scale that way and take 20% of the profit for example.

So let's view it from the Commandments of CENTS:

1. CONTROL-
you have control over the Hosting platform and but not over the Parking property.
The key is to make a very good easy fo use app that has a good reputation and public reach so it would make Sense for the hosts to do it with your app.
(Why would they do ot in the first place?)
They could make 100€ by renting out monthly without you.
OR

They rent it out with your app, make about 1€ an hour for example.

Let's say the parking space would be occupied 12h a day on average in a good location.
That would make fhe host earn 12€ a day or 360€ a month.

And thats considering he makes onl 1€ and rhe space is only occupied 12h a day which in a bug city would probably be more likely 15-20h a day.
TThat makes you earn let's say 0.5€-1€ an hour for every parking space in town.

2.Entry- the Barrier is big since you have to develop an app or a good functioning webaite with all these integrations, then you will need to find clients, do Some adds, pay for the electric ramps ect.
So dont worry no wannabe Entrepreneur is going to do this

3.Need- The need for parking spaces is huge in big cities eapessialy in the center area.

4.Time- you can extract yourself from the business over time by making the business run by itself.

5. SCALE - You can scale it to every city, multiple countries ect...

Let's say your app is beeing used in 3 Cities for the start.
You have about 100 hosts who each rent out 1 parking space.
That makes you earn let's say 100€ an hour for 12h a day, so that would be abour 1200€ a dayx 30 days.
That's 36.000 a month or 432.000 a year.

Not counting the expenses here.

Obviously potential problems could be
1.Legal once (Every state can have a different policy on this so it would be best to seek out a Lawyer who can answer you this)

IIMPORTANT MENTION:
Shortly after I came up with the idea I saw a company called dogpark or something like that on Sharktank, they were doing a very similiae idea in Australia and ended up Selling the company for
5.000.000 or 10.000.000

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
Not in Serbia but I HATE dealing with those parking spots downtown where you have to pay cash, pay for either 1 or 3 hours, and they boot your car or tow it at the drop of the hat.
Being able to navigate to a site to claim a spot and pay as I go would be much preferred.

• Banned

Miha99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 21, 2022
I'm using ParkWhiz for it
That's in the US?

Well great, that means the concept works and people are paying money for it.

As far as I know there is a big gap in EUROPE and I haven't heard of anything like it.
Even if you would focus only on a few cities in 1 country, you could Potentially make 6 figures a year.

N.S.

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Aug 26, 2013
UK
In the UK we have Park On My Drive - Parking Spaces For Rent in Wembley, Heathrow, Arsenal, Twickenham and more - they've been around for a few years and not sure how they are doing, but it seems to work well around situations where demand outstrips supply e.g. parking near Wembley Stadium on an event day, or near some airports. There are some others too.

This idea hasn't caught on in the mainstream, but that's not to say any of these guys aren't doing well or that this isn't a good idea.

If I were going to do this idea I'd find offerings like this and see what I can learn. There's worse ways to make a great business than see what's worked (ie research to check it did work) in other countries and bring it to your own.

• Banned

Miha99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 21, 2022
In the UK we have Park On My Drive - Parking Spaces For Rent in Wembley, Heathrow, Arsenal, Twickenham and more - they've been around for a few years and not sure how they are doing, but it seems to work well around situations where demand outstrips supply e.g. parking near Wembley Stadium on an event day, or near some airports. There are some others too.

This idea hasn't caught on in the mainstream, but that's not to say any of these guys aren't doing well or that this isn't a good idea.

If I were going to do this idea I'd find offerings like this and see what I can learn. There's worse ways to make a great business than see what's worked (ie research to check it did work) in other countries and bring it to your own.
I just checked their Website and it's ugly af and really not user friendly.
An app would be way better, but also Apps cost a ton of money.
You could start with a website to get some customers and proof of concept, and after that switch to an app.
But app developmenf could cost a lot I would recommend doing it in a 3rd world country, maybe you could get away with paying 10-15k

• Banned

Miha99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 21, 2022
I just checked their Website and it's ugly af and really not user friendly.
An app would be way better, but also Apps cost a ton of money.
You could start with a website to get some customers and proof of concept, and after that switch to an app.
But app developmenf could cost a lot I would recommend doing it in a 3rd world country, maybe you could get away with paying 10-15k
Are they using an Airbnb concept? That was the whole idea.

N.S.

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Aug 26, 2013
UK
Are they using an Airbnb concept? That was the whole idea.
I have no idea what their model is - just that somehow they've survived a few years so either they are making money or it's some rich kid's plaything. I also came across an app or two like this once when I was looking for parking near Wembley Stadium last year, but didn't end up using them and can't remember what they were.

MarcoAguilar

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Apr 24, 2022
Mexico
I decided to give away an Idea and ispire somebody to actually make it a reality

I have no time and to focus on it becouse I already have a Business that i want to Scale, ans as MJ said Monogamy is KING

Backstory how I came up with the IDEA:

2021 I spent 6 months living Belgrade.
Since my brain is focused on problem sonving, business, money and adding value a lot of the time,
I often listened to people's complaints in the city.

The biggest complain people used to Mention by far Was :
NO PARKING SPACE!
I kept hearing it over and over again.
The parking lots in the City center were always taken 90% of the time.

I Did a Quick google search "Biggest problems for the citizens in Belgrade".

I was not surprised by the results.
In almost every post I kept hearing, NO PARKING SPACE.

Clearly an opportunity to slove a big problem and profit from it I thought.
But How?
I can't just magically create parking spaces out od nowhere. Or can I?

And right there an IDEA WAS BORN!

I Can't use creating a parking space, But could I use an Excisting one and put a Twist on it?

As I was brainstorming, I rememberes a website where people would rent out their parking space for about 100€ a month.

I was thinking, what if I would create an Parking space app just like Airbnb?
I could approach fhe owners of the space ask them for a partnership and after that Rent the Parking spaces Hourly on my app.

That could solve abig issue!
Imagine, you're stressed out in the city becouse you can't find a parking lot and youre wife thinks you're a loser becouse you can't solve a problem, you get into an argument and you end up sleeping on the Couch for the night!

Damn that sucks!

Instead you could have pulled out your phone,
Opened the "PARKSHARK" APP (My original name for the app) found a space, booked it, got directions to it and parked your car without sleeping on the couch that day.

So you may ask how you could make sure nobody takes the space without paying?
-There are small ramps you could buy and control them by phone and integrate it into the app, so when someone rents the space he can unlock the ramp or get a Code that unlocks it.

-The one issue however could be if he Doese'nt move out the way, he has to be charges by credit card.
So bassicaly he will get charged for every hour extra until the ramp is Lifted up which means no car is parked logically.
I will not get into that issue now to keep the post short.

Another possibility would be for the owners of the parking space to rent it out themselves and you get a cut!
Just like airbnb doea for exanple. He can buy the ramp from you, make a profile on the app and host his parking space for 1-2€ an hour.
You could go for Scale that way and take 20% of the profit for example.

So let's view it from the Commandments of CENTS:

1. CONTROL-
you have control over the Hosting platform and but not over the Parking property.
The key is to make a very good easy fo use app that has a good reputation and public reach so it would make Sense for the hosts to do it with your app.
(Why would they do ot in the first place?)

They could make 100€ by renting out monthly without you.
OR

They rent it out with your app, make about 1€ an hour for example.

Let's say the parking space would be occupied 12h a day on average in a good location.
That would make fhe host earn 12€ a day or 360€ a month.

And thats considering he makes onl 1€ and rhe space is only occupied 12h a day which in a bug city would probably be more likely 15-20h a day.
TThat makes you earn let's say 0.5€-1€ an hour for every parking space in town.

2.Entry- the Barrier is big since you have to develop an app or a good functioning webaite with all these integrations, then you will need to find clients, do Some adds, pay for the electric ramps ect.
So dont worry no wannabe Entrepreneur is going to do this

3.Need- The need for parking spaces is huge in big cities eapessialy in the center area.

4.Time- you can extract yourself from the business over time by making the business run by itself.

5. SCALE - You can scale it to every city, multiple countries ect...

Let's say your app is beeing used in 3 Cities for the start.
You have about 100 hosts who each rent out 1 parking space.
That makes you earn let's say 100€ an hour for 12h a day, so that would be abour 1200€ a dayx 30 days.
That's 36.000 a month or 432.000 a year.

Not counting the expenses here.

Obviously potential problems could be
1.Legal once (Every state can have a different policy on this so it would be best to seek out a Lawyer who can answer you this)

IIMPORTANT MENTION:
Shortly after I came up with the idea I saw a company called dogpark or something like that on Sharktank, they were doing a very similiae idea in Australia and ended up Selling the company for
5.000.000 or 10.000.000
I actually could see this working on cities that rely heavily on cars like LA or Houston. But yeah, as you said, I think the only problem would be the legal matters and making the ramps to block a parking lot (or maybe they already exist and Im not aware of, which is probably the case). Anyway, wish u luck on your current buisness.

Miha99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 21, 2022
I actually could see this working on cities that rely heavily on cars like LA or Houston. But yeah, as you said, I think the only problem would be the legal matters and making the ramps to block a parking lot (or maybe they already exist and Im not aware of, which is probably the case). Anyway, wish u luck on your current buisness.
The ramps exist, there are small ramps that are cemented into the ground about 10-15cm heigh so you cant park a car, you can pull the ramp up and down via Phone app, that already exists and is a business on it's own.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
You may not even need a ramp. There are a lot of technologies that might make this easier to do. Mobile devices (phones and fobs) have geolocation abilities. Geofencing can detect nearby devices. Maybe you just need designated parking spots and track the users using their phone's geolocation data. The app could have a feature for reporting "thieves" that took a parking spot. If they could be fined, say $500, the reporter could get 50%, and you would have people monitoring the spots hoping to make $250. Lots of possibilities.

Miha99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 21, 2022
How would this work in the city where it is needed. Would it be like your parking space at an apartment? It couldn’t be in the street, you wouldn’t have authority.
No, you have to use the parkint space of other people who OWN the parking space.
Cold call them tell them your idea, tell them They're going to Make 3x as much as renting the space monthly.

Miha99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 21, 2022
You may not even need a ramp. There are a lot of technologies that might make this easier to do. Mobile devices (phones and fobs) have geolocation abilities. Geofencing can detect nearby devices. Maybe you just need designated parking spots and track the users using their phone's geolocation data. The app could have a feature for reporting "thieves" that took a parking spot. If they could be fined, say $500, the reporter could get 50%, and you would have people monitoring the spots hoping to make $250. Lots of possibilities.
What kind of Technologies are you reffering to?
Sounds very interesting

Miha99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 21, 2022
It's already working there are people doing the similiar concept in Australia, UK and the US i think.
Europe is a big market and nobody seems to have done it by value skewing and with a productocracy approach.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
What kind of Technologies are you reffering to?
Sounds very interesting

Geolocation is the mobile phones ability to determine its location via satellites. Geofencing is the ability of devices to detect the presence of other devices when they cross a boundary. To detect an iPhone, I think there are at least 3 ways, cellular modem (imprecise), low-energy blue-tooth, and wifi modem. Apple tracks iPhones using all 3 when you have Location tracking turned on.

They also use other iPhones and Apple devices to form mesh-network for their anti-theft functions. So if someone steals an iPhone, they will get reported if they go anywhere near another Apple device that has Internet or cellular access. I assume Google/Android does similar things.

The "ramp" is there to stop people from stealing the parking spot. If you eliminate the ramp, you still have to protect the parking spot. The technologies I'm thinking of are mostly for tracking a user when they use the parking spot, but they don't solve the need for a ramp. If you have to physically stop non-customers for taking a spot, the ramp might be the best solution.

c23r

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jan 24, 2022
Earth
I totally agree that parking is a big problem in most cities in Europe, but apparently this is a situation the city counsel want, to force you to use public transportation.

Using a parking app can help.

Some time ago I contemplated to buy a few parking lots to rent them out (much cheaper and less maintenance than an apartment)

Miha99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 21, 2022
Geolocation is the mobile phones ability to determine its location via satellites. Geofencing is the ability of devices to detect the presence of other devices when they cross a boundary. To detect an iPhone, I think there are at least 3 ways, cellular modem (imprecise), low-energy blue-tooth, and wifi modem. Apple tracks iPhones using all 3 when you have Location tracking turned on.

They also use other iPhones and Apple devices to form mesh-network for their anti-theft functions. So if someone steals an iPhone, they will get reported if they go anywhere near another Apple device that has Internet or cellular access. I assume Google/Android does similar things.

The "ramp" is there to stop people from stealing the parking spot. If you eliminate the ramp, you still have to protect the parking spot. The technologies I'm thinking of are mostly for tracking a user when they use the parking spot, but they don't solve the need for a ramp. If you have to physically stop non-customers for taking a spot, the ramp might be the best solution.
Well yeah exyctly, and in ghe beginning somw people may park without knowing it's property of somebody and get finded a huge amount.
So I still think a ramp is a great solutoon, you can check out Parklio, they have great ramps who are controlled via Phone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.